Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #161  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcmomof3
Yeah, single stamps options would be awesome too!! There are several sets that are 28.95 or more that I have not gotten yet because I can't justify spending that much money and using one stamp. But, unless I want to pay 5% more, I'd better break down and get them before July!
Yeah, I would love it if they offered a single stamp option. I would gladly pay a higher price for one stamp than buy the whole set for a whopping $30 just for that one stamp. I am still stalking the "many thanks" stamp from All Year Cheer on Ebay. I would never use any of the other (English) sentiments in that set!! (well, I have that set in French, which is my main stamping language)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #162  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before this was announced, I have been thinking that when I place an order and I add in shipping and tax, the shipping and tax take up most of the discount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 AM   #163  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
What really makes it bad, on top of that, is the sales tax rate is DIFFERENT in every county!!! It's not one rate across the state!

So, I pay 8.3% in Island County, but Skagit County is 7.8 or 7.9% if I recall correctly, and then there's folks where it's closer to 8.7%, I think! :shock:

OUCH!
OH, I haven't finished reading all the posts but...here in Ontario we pay 14% tax. That's on top of the Canadian price and 10% shipping. It gets quite expensive to enjoy this hobby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 03:57 AM   #164  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaine
I like my demo and all, but I really like the convenience of not having to remember to pick it up.
Wow! To me (speaking as a demo for another company) it's the demo's responsibility to get it to you in a timely manner. (Or at the very least to the hostess, who should then get it to you)

(Not to say I haven't gone to pick something up- like say the exact second it got to her door before she even sorted it, or if I knew she was crazy busy with her kids, but mostly- I'd say if she's making money she delivers.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #165  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321
Wow! To me (speaking as a demo for another company) it's the demo's responsibility to get it to you in a timely manner. (Or at the very least to the hostess, who should then get it to you)

(Not to say I haven't gone to pick something up- like say the exact second it got to her door before she even sorted it, or if I knew she was crazy busy with her kids, but mostly- I'd say if she's making money she delivers.)
Every demonstrator runs her business differently.

Some of my customers who order at class pick up their orders. It's easier, because they know where I live, after all, that's where my classes are. I don't know where they all live. This is a big metropolitan area and it would be impossible to know how to find everyone's house without Mapquest and even then, it's a crap shoot. ;) I've had Mapquest lead me to the center of an industrial park when the street I was looking for was in a subdivision a mile down the road.

Some ladies are friends at work, so one will come and pick up all the orders for all. Another customer goes to my church, so I deliver it to her there. If someone were to ask me to drop something off, though, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just more convenient all around for some folks to pick theirs up. Especially the ones that want it ASAP.

For workshop orders, I do offer to take the delivery for those who are not at home during the day...and then I sort it, bag it and deliver it in the evening to the hostess. Not all take me up on it; they like opening the box themselves.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:06 AM   #166  
Gabfest Goddess

Yeah, that's a good point and something that has ALWAYS bugged me with SU.... that it can't come directly to you when you order through a party. It does come directly to you if you just go through a demo... and the shipping is the same, either way, right? As far as cost? I know most "home party" businesses do it that way, but I think you definitely should have that option. If I pay $7.50 on a $75 order, that's MORE THAN ENOUGH to have it shipped for me, then I don't have to wait a week for my demo to get "un busy" enough to deliver it to me or take my call to pick it up myself!! Just an idea an comment to someone's reply here.....

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 AM   #167  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
Yeah, that's a good point and something that has ALWAYS bugged me with SU.... that it can't come directly to you when you order through a party. It does come directly to you if you just go through a demo... and the shipping is the same, either way, right? As far as cost? I know most "home party" businesses do it that way, but I think you definitely should have that option. If I pay $7.50 on a $75 order, that's MORE THAN ENOUGH to have it shipped for me, then I don't have to wait a week for my demo to get "un busy" enough to deliver it to me or take my call to pick it up myself!! Just an idea an comment to someone's reply here.....

Cindy
My guess, and this is only a guess, is that if they allowed an option to have individual 'party-goers' to have their orders shipped to them directly (I understand it as - say 4 orders will go to the hostess, and another 4 will ship seperately to individuals) This could be a nightmare for the picking/shipping dept at SU!...Not to say that it couldn't be done, but think, you're now going from getting 1 or two boxes picked and shipped to 6 or 7. Yes, if you do an individual order through a demo, it can be shipped directly to you, that's why it's called a Customer Direct Order. They keep hostess workshop orders together so that your hostess will get all proper hostess credit...it could potentially get very confusing to start splitting up those orders to ship individually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:31 AM   #168  
Die Cut Diva

I think that if they sent them individually instead of a one-shipment to the demo for group orders they would lose a lot of profit. It appears to me that they make a LOT of money off shipping costs for big orders. It is the demo who then bears the delivery cost in gas running around to deliver them. I often wonder how, when they have to use their own supplies for Ten Clubs, provide snacks for Ten Clubs, and then drive all over creation to deliver those small orders, that they don't go in the hole, much less make anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 05:45 AM   #169  
Matboard Maniac

I haven't read all these comments...so if this is a repeat, my apologies.
Tennessee also pays tax on S & H and our tax rate is 9.25% Can you say ouch?! Top that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 06:43 AM   #170  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by amesbabe
I haven't read all these comments...so if this is a repeat, my apologies.
Tennessee also pays tax on S & H and our tax rate is 9.25% Can you say ouch?! Top that!
Actually - the 14% that gets paid in Ontario tops it ... and they pay on the S&H ... lots of Cdn taxes are fairly high because the federal GST is 6%, then there is the provincial tax added on ...
So glad I left Ontario and moved to Alberta where we only have the federal tax! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 07:13 AM   #171  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom
Actually - the 14% that gets paid in Ontario tops it ... and they pay on the S&H ... lots of Cdn taxes are fairly high because the federal GST is 6%, then there is the provincial tax added on ...
So glad I left Ontario and moved to Alberta where we only have the federal tax! :mrgreen:
And the UK's 17.5% beats that! Haha trumps! ;) :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 AM   #172  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Didn't cardstock go up not long ago?
Yes, card stock went up in this current cattty...I believe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 07:56 AM   #173  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Cardstock went from $4.50 to $4.95.

In the new catalog, based on the preview brochure that was just posted, it will be $5.50. Ink pads are going from $4.95 to $5.25. Reinkers are going from $2.50 to $2.75.

And don't ask me to post the link to the brochure...I'm sure someone will, but I don't want to get my head ripped off on the demo side. ;)

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 08:08 AM   #174  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by JanTInk
And don't ask me to post the link to the brochure...I'm sure someone will, but I don't want to get my head ripped off on the demo side. ;)
So true, Jan, so true, sorry girls, I don't want to be "the one" either...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 02:18 PM   #175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittl1321

Oh, I'm not complaining about my demo - she is great! I'm complaining about SU's shipping policy. My demo and I work at the same place, so she brings it to work, and I pick it up at work. The huge frustration sets in when the shipment gets to her on a Tuesday. My days off are Wednesday nights and Thursday nights - meaning I'm not there on Thursday and Friday mornings. Well, she is not there on Saturday and Sunday mornings. So basically if I don't want to inconvenience myself with a trip to work on my days off (and I don't), then I must wait until Monday morning to pick up my order. Many a time I have come close to asking her to ship them to me priority from her house, but it's (well, it used to be) $4.50, and only if it fits into a priority envelope. That way, the latest I would get it is Thursday. I've not asked her to do this yet. ($4.50 can get me a large unmounted stamp somewhere!)
I end up having to tell myself to take a chill pill. But still, when compared to the free and super fast shipping that I've gotten from Beeswax Rubber Stamps and from Serendipity Stamps, it just seems more attractive to buy from companies like these. AND, they offer unmounted stamps! No wood! And, I got freebies from Beeswax too, and lots of inspiration sheets from Serendipity! No tax either, because I don't live in their states. And their angel policies do not prevent me from selling cards with their images on the internet (even though I've not sold any).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2007, 02:44 PM   #176  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miabel
If the 5% is too much, then buy Martha Stewart stuff!!! ::ducking::

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2007, 07:32 PM   #177  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think 5% is the end of the world,I got gas for the van yestreday at $3.13 and today at the same station it was $3.39. Think I'll be spending more time home with my wonderful stamps. With SU you know the quality is there like so many have said before me and as my MIL has said 10000000 times,"You get what you pay for" So enjoy!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 AM   #178  
Pearl-ExPert

I've still got mixed feelings about the 5%, I just wish we could get all of our stamps die-cut
Reply With Quote Likes