Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-23-2004, 08:54 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tabletop display rack for selling cards

I'm looking for some sort of spinning tabletop rack to display cards for sale at upcoming Xmas bazaars. I've seen some on a few different websites, but they are $50 and up for ones that hold only 16 cards or so. I've checked with a local scrapbooking store, but that wasn't helpful. Does anyone know of a good place to look for one? Or any other ideas for displaying cards so that they are easy to look through would be helpful. I'm already planning on putting them in individual cellophane bags. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 09:38 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Maybe you could find out if one of your local card/boutique type stores has one that they would be willing to sell you?

Just a thought!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 09:47 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I have used the wire photo holders before to display cards at workshops and think they would work good for displayat a craft show. I am talking about the kind that look sort of like a tree---they have a base and the 10 or twelve "branches" that stick up in a fan sort of shape that you slip a photo or card in.

Gina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 09:47 AM   #4  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Hi, I went to a stamp show earlier this year, and one booth had a great idea. They had small templates they were selling, and had them set up in a "card tree" kind of thing. You know, around Christmas when you buy something you can slide an individal card inside, so somone can pluck it off, look at it, and slide it back in? I was thinking of doing a craft show closer to Christmas, and using one of those for my cards, just one of each. Then, below the table in a case or cart, I would have the actual stack that I would sell from, and if a customer just asked me for numbers 1,3 and 7, I would pull out a fresh one. Does that make sense? That way, you don't have curious people looking through and bending cards you're trying to sell, the ones out are just samples. I got a cute Angel from a bookstore on clearance one year for under $2 after Christmas, and it holds about 15 cards nicely.
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 10:01 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPSILLY2004
I have used the wire photo holders before to display cards at workshops and think they would work good for displayat a craft show. I am talking about the kind that look sort of like a tree---they have a base and the 10 or twelve "branches" that stick up in a fan sort of shape that you slip a photo or card in.

Gina
If you have access to the DDD Gallery ($20 donation to support SCS), I have one I made very inexpensively posted in there.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 10:30 AM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have done craft shows for 6-7 years and sell cards. I went to walmart and purchased the plate divider. Its with the wire shelving stuff. Then I package cards in plastic envelopes (on slip of paper I stamp inside verse if ther is one, and place it in back of card envelope) and lay the cards in the racks. They dont stand well, but they lay well on the long sides. I hope that helps. Other things I have done is paper some shoe boxes (the ones that angle are nice) with Christmas or just pretty paper and put the cards in there and people flip through them. Forget having them in any order! One thing I saw some one else do was put one card of each kind out for sample and the rest in boxes behind you with dividers to easily locate them. I felt that was a pain, since I was the customer and had to wait while they located the cards. I even had some without envelopes.
Stephanie Alton
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 10:39 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I use a source called Wyrefab. They are located in Gardena, CA (Southern California) (310) 523-2147. I bought a 12 card wire counter rack for around $15.00 plus tax and shipping and a 24 card wire counter rack for around $30.00. Be sure to order size 4 7/8. This size fits the A2 sized card with envy. When I ordered they only took fax orders and they did not have a website. It's been awhile but give them a call. I love, love, love my counter racks.
Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 10:50 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Just a side note. I had heard Wyrefab was trying to put together a website. Well I checked it out and they do have something. I was unable to check out the products. I am not sure if it is my computer ( I have been having trouble with it) or if the site is not completely up and running. Anyway they do have contact info. The site is www.wyrefab.com/
Vicki
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 11:26 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks for all of the input and ideas. I was able to view some pictures on the Wyrefab website, but no pricing, so I'll have to call. I used a shoebox sized box last year, but only one person at a time could look, and I think people get bored flipping through cards one at a time. The card tree may work--something where people can view the cards well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 11:45 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did a combination of things when I sold at a craft fair last year. I used a couple of the card tree things to give some height. Then I got some small baskets that would fit cards and put like 20 cards in each. Then I just laid a bunch out flat on the table and stood some up in the back. I try to make only 5-10 of each style and then have lots of styles. So this way I was able to have a lot displayed and you could see many of them from accross the room and many people could look at one time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2004, 05:15 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

I have had good luck finding card racks (the white coated metal ones that spin) when stores are going out of business. Usually there will be a sign in the window saying that fixtures are for sale and I always stop in to see what's left! I've also gotten a jewelry rack and plate rack (would hold composition books upright) for cheap.

Kirsten
Reply With Quote Likes