Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TAC gallery like SC?

My #1 group & gallery for inspiration will always be Splitcoast of course (nothing else comes close in my humble opinion ...!), but I recently got the TAC catalog and some stamps and was very disappointed in the samples and ideas in the catalog (I suppose we're all spoilt with SU!) and wondered if there are any similar sites for TAC to see what others have done with their stamps?
TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 01:45 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

You are right, this site cannot be beat!!!! It is so awesome and I take ideas from this site and use them to make cards with both my SU! and non-SU! stuff. I have found some good sites showing tac cards. One is really good because the person who started it does great on-line classes and is very talented. Check that out at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/angelstampers/

Also another very talented artist is one that posts a lot of cards here too and I found another site where she has a bunch of her cards. It is http://allinkdup.com/Gallery/album01?page=1

Then this site is just excellent all around and they have a very large section with tac samples http://www.rubberroadadventures.com/

I also found this web ring with several demonstrator's web sites all with good samples http://f.webring.com/hub?ring=angelcompanytacw

I hope this helps you get started, I am sure there are others that people can add. I have bought a lot of tac stamps because the prices are SO good. I mean where else can I get lots of top quality, deep cut full sets of rubber stamps for $10.95 and under? But not having the awesome examples like I see here definitely makes it harder to come up with lots of different cards to make with one stamp set.

Best of luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

WOW Stampin-Jen. I am a TAC fan. Really appreciate the sites.

Thank you soooo much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks Jen I had not seen a couple of those sites, they are great.

One other place I thought of for samples is the TAC website. At the beginning of every month there are new samples and projects. Go to www.theangelcompany.net and click on creative corner. There are some fantastic ideas there. But to go along with Jen nothing compares to Splitcoast HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilly
...I recently got the TAC catalog and some stamps and was very disappointed in the samples and ideas in the catalog
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that! Did you get this year's catalog? If so, I'd be really curious to hear more details about what you didn't like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

all great sites! I'm going with TAC when I sign up to sell - I love Stampin Up and CTMH (especially alphabet sets) but the TAC is the bomb for angel policies and that's what I need!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2005, 03:33 AM   #7  
Glitter Guru

I just started buying TAC stamps and love them - especially the price - but my taste runs more toward the cutesy/whimsical, which they have a ton of. Have you seen the fall supplement? It's awesome!! Anyway, I go to my SU catalog to get ideas. I look at the size of the stamp I want to use, and pick a layout to get me started. You can do the same thing with the SCS gallery. HTH!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2005, 05:52 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Default TAC samples

Boulderstamper has been posting lots of awesome cards using TAC sets--check out her gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2005, 06:25 AM   #9  
Insane Embellisher

Default My site - samples sorted by sets

edited: site no longer available

Last edited by IMBlessed5; 04-05-2006 at 06:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by greetingsbydebra
Wow, I'm surprised to hear that! Did you get this year's catalog? If so, I'd be really curious to hear more details about what you didn't like.
Hi Debra
I feel I owe you an explanation for my comments above on the new TAC catalog and my disappointment. Please don't get me wrong - I love most of the TAC images, but find some of them just a tad 'cute' for me, but acknowledge that you can't please everyone all the time! LOL I think my disappointment in the latest catalog was because I'd never had one before and was expecting something similar to SU catalogs. I also saw samples in it that used stamps that were either no longer available or had been special editions, i.e. not in that current catalog for sale. I realize too that printing a color catalog like that is not easy and certainly not cheap, so they can't be expected to have loads of samples or samples for each and every set. Anyway, your comment made me think about what I'd written, and I now acknowledge that it was very general and probably not warranted, so I apologise. Another issue that I had at the time, which probbly accounted for my quick and rather uncalled-for remarks, was that I waited absolute AGES to get my TAC catalog and order and was by that time frustrated and disappointed. (That issue with the TAC demo I ordered from has now been resolved.) I hope this explanation makes sense to you. I didn't mean to offend anyone and I will certainly keep using and buying TAC stamps.
kind regards
Tilly
P.S. Your TAC gallery is great. Got lots of inspiration there, so thanks for the opportunity to view it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 08:59 PM   #11  
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!

I have samples on my website and here on SCS

Thanks for the other links I'll have to check those out, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2006, 01:58 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

I wasn't all that impressed with TAC'S Catalog.I do not care for thier layout in the catalog.the pictures aren't right there next to the stamps.there who knows where in the catalog,at the other end for all I know. it's very hard to find them it would be much easier to have them on the same page like SU does it and CTMH.tAC DOESN'T HAVE NO WHERE NEAR AS MANY SAMPLES EITHER.A change for them could improve thier sales.like by getting rid of that chicken scratch stamping sets.at least thats what I call it.don't know where that came from.not a huge fan of tacs.prices yes but what good is it if the stamps aren't nice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2006, 04:22 AM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Another good website is:

http://absblues.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1

There individuals have created photo albums of their work. They also have online classes, challenges and discussion.

Hope this helps!

Chris

PS. There are many styles there, not just cutsy--you'll see!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2006, 04:46 AM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa62
I do not care for thier layout in the catalog.the pictures aren't right there next to the stamps.there who knows where in the catalog,at the other end for all I know. it's very hard to find them it would be much easier to have them on the same page like SU does it.
We demos want that too!!!!!!!!! I'll bet when the new catalog comes out it will be better. I'll let you know as soon as I get it in June.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2006, 05:39 AM   #15  
Watercolor Wizard

Thanks for posting the links.... I can't wait to check them out. I just made my first purchase from TAC....and can't wait to get stamping! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

The absblues site that Chris posted above also has a forum similar to SCS. I get lots of inspiration from both places! Check it out!

http://absblues.com/Boards/
Reply With Quote Likes