Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2005, 06:52 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Take ten 6 submission ?s

I've decided to take the plunge and sent in my first ever submissions to Take Ten.

So here's some questions for you all

- How many submissions do you usually send in?

- Is it better to send them in early as opposed to make sure they just get there by the deadline?

- Is it better to use the same stamps/colors on more than one card or just make a variety so you can try to hit the color scheme of whatever page they are working on?

- Anything else I should know?

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2005, 08:20 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There's no magic formula. Just follow their guidelines for submissions, shown in previous Take Ten issues and stamp happy and get 'em in their hands by the deadline.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2005, 07:36 PM   #3  
Forum Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Take Ten submissions

I agree that there isn't any magic formula when submitting cards. However, I've discovered that the more cards I submit, the more they choose ;) I think it's one of those mathimatical probablility formulas at work!

One thing I have noticed with Take Ten is that they are very color oriented when chosing cards for the 2 page layout -- all the cards appearing on facing pages are cohesively linked by color... they do a fabulous job of picking cards that "go together" without the cards all looking alike. It's almost spooky how they get so many like colored cards that are vastly different in style.

So the big question I have is, what will the overall winning color combo for the next issue? My cards that they have published have by shear accident been included on one of the "odd color scheme" pages. It's nice to know they make exceptions for those of us who aren't doing the trendy colors. However, that being said, if I had an inside line on what they were looking for, it would make my submissions much easier! ;)

I think it is smart to submit at least 10 cards - that way they have something to work with (and set aside for future publications, which they do!). The hardest part of doing the submission is writing up the supply list and instructions....I burn up a lot of time at the computer trying to keep the words to a minimum so that they will actually believe I made the card in 10 minutes (NOT!)...ha!

It's great fun to be published, but you'll never have that excitement if you don't send in the submissions.....another one of those mathematical formulas!

Give it a try, it's great fun

Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2005, 02:25 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's a question for all you Take Ten savvy people. Do they send you a free issue only if you have a card published? Or do they send complimentary issues to everyone who submits cards to them?
Just curious.....
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/iam_monalisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by iam_monalisa
Here's a question for all you Take Ten savvy people. Do they send you a free issue only if you have a card published? Or do they send complimentary issues to everyone who submits cards to them?
Just curious.....
You get a free issue if they publish one of your cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2005, 04:31 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I thought so. I've been published in the last 2 volumes, and while I submitted a couple cards for this one, I received the free copy but can't find a card of mine. lol. I must be blind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #7  
Forum Fanatic

Default maybe the messed up!

How cool to receive the comp copy, even though you can't find your card in it . Maybe they actually published your card in the Stampers Sampler and sent you the wrong publication by mistake -- if so, what a nice mistake! There are so many wonderful samples in the new issue -- you're probably in it, you just haven't looked hard enough!
Susy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2005, 03:48 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Too funny! If not, at least you got a cool free magazine

Quote:

Originally Posted by iam_monalisa
I thought so. I've been published in the last 2 volumes, and while I submitted a couple cards for this one, I received the free copy but can't find a card of mine. lol. I must be blind.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2005, 05:13 AM   #9  
Crimping Master

I sent in 10 cards for the last edition. (My mom sent in 3, though, and one was published.) Some were sets "sets" of cards using the same stamps and there were a few singles that were unrelated to each other. They chose two cards that used the same stamps but they are not together in the magazine - one card is in the front of the issue and the other is in the back. I have no idea why they chose the ones they did... they were my least favorites out of all that I sent in. I stamped them super-quick just before I packaged all the rest of them up - I wanted to include a few extremely simple ones in the bunch so that maybe all of them would appear very simple to do. I guess it worked, although all that I submitted were truly 10 minute cards and most that I submitted were no-layer cards. I am hoping hoping hoping that they didn't use some of the others because they set them aside for a regular issue... a girl can dream, right? I am going to try to submit at least 10 again. I do think it may give a little bit better odds, but that's just a guess. I sent mine in just before the deadline last time, but I'm going to try to shoot for earlier that that this time, although I guess it is coming up quick already!
member #1507 gallery
witticisms... a witty blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 07:25 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

So, do they send you a complimentary copy of ANY of their magazines that your cards are published in?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2005, 08:23 PM   #11  
Forum Fanatic

Lisa
Yes they do send a comp copy of any magazine that they use one of your cards in....if you have more than one card in a mag., you still only get one copy, not multiples.

Susy
Reply With Quote Likes