Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-05-2006, 07:34 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taking SU! overseas?

Hi all... just mostly thinking out loud here, but would love any input...

About 4 years ago or so when I first really really got into SU and stamping, my friend that got me interested was really intent on getting me to sign up as a demo. I was really intrigued and thought it would be a lot of fun, but shortly thereafter we got pregnant and it suddenly didn't fit into my plans anymore.

Anyway, I'm living overseas in Hong Kong now and I know there would be a huge market for stamping here, and there are tons of expat wives with money to burn... As far as I know, there is only ONE scrapbooking store here, and the markup is rediculous. I've only ever bought 3 stamps there in the whole 2.5 years we've been here.

One of my friends mentioned tonight that she thought I would be great as a demo, and would already have clientele if I did workshops at the local international high schools or something. So I've been mulling it over and think it would work. The only problem I'm coming across is shipping... I think it would cost an arm and a leg to ship all the orders etc. from the US. I don't go back to the States very often, and so wouldn't have the luxury of carrying it with me in my luggage...

Any ideas? Should I just scrap the idea for now? Is SU planning to go global anytime soon? Any other possiblities to make this a reality?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2006, 07:42 AM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Unfortunately unless you are on a military post you aren't allowed a demoship outside of the US.... Something about trade restrictions and selling to the locals... even though it sounds like your clientelle would mostly be expat Americans, I doubt it would be allowed....

ETA: not allowed outside the US unless you are in Canada or Australia I should have said... SU is now opening in Australia, and has been in Canada for a while...
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2006, 06:05 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Oh, I see... thanks for the input. Do you know how I could find out for sure? Is it on the website somewhere?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Call demonstrator support. It's an 800 number but I don't know how that works with international calls. Also you can email them. Go to the website and just click the contact us button.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes