Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-17-2004, 09:10 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanksgiving favor ideas needed

I'm looking for ideas for THANKSGIVING party favors. My family is very large, with all ages, and we have a big celebration at our house every year. I need some fresh, new ideas.

Help me out ladies!

(If this has been covered in another thread and I missed it, will someone let me know?)

~Jan #6240

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much and most of all yourself." A. Neilen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 10:18 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I am a big fan of those cute little sour cream containers...do a search in the gallery....you can use a wheel or a fall stamp and then fill them with some of the Harvest M&M's or other Thanksgiving treat. You could put a tag on them with the family members name and they could be place cards also! (maybe you could put some after dinner mints in them)

Hope that helps!

Kelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 10:48 AM   #3  
Glitter Queen

Each year our pastor's family hosted a party for military families. On a table by the door she would have a basket filled with small cello bags that held a mix of fall candy and nuts tied with a pretty ribbon for us to take as a memento of the evening. This would make a pretty package to set on top of each place setting at the table.

HTH

Robin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 11:06 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Default I always make

Blessings Mix. It's kind of like a snack mix thing - each item has a significant meaning.
I will try to find the recipe and info and post it. I usually make it and put in cello bags with a place card topper. Everyone really likes the little snack to eat before dinner - as if we need any MORE food!

I'll look for it - Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 11:15 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Blessing Mix

They had a receipe in the Nov. Paper Crafts Magazine-

Bugles - a symbol of the cornucopia, a horn of plenty.

Pretzels - represent arms folded in thanks and prayer.

Candy Corn - reminds us that during the first winter, the pilgrims were allowed only five kernels of corn per day because food was so scarce.

Orange Candy Slices - is a reminder that Thanksgiving is the celebration of the harvest.

Peanuts - represent seeds, the potential of the bounteous harvest for the next season if they are planted and well tended.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Awesome ideas! Keep them coming!
J.
~Jan #6240

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much and most of all yourself." A. Neilen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 11:30 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

You girls have such great ideas, thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 12:01 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Don't have a favor idea perse... but here is what we do to keep the little ones busy.

The older cousins take on the task of making butter.

Put whipping cream in jars. Sit in a big circle and either roll or shake and pass the jars.

It evenutally - with enough shaking - will turn to butter - you then have FRESH unsalted made with love butter on your table for dinner.

(Yes I augment it with stick butter!)

Smiles

Kate

Edited to add: YOu could jsut skip using it for dinner and use it as a favor!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 07:59 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

This is something I thought of doing this year. I am going to make small booklets for each member of our family. I thought I would stamp each persons name on the front and maybe some fall foliage. When they open them up I will stamp "2004" on the first page. I will then ask each member to write the things they are thankful for this year on the page. At dinner I thought each person could share what they are thankful for. Then I will collect them up and next year stamp "2005" and do the same thing. I was thinking that 5 years from now it will be fun to look back and see the things people wrote. Also, as our elderly family members leave us, we would have this really cool heirloom. And the children as they grow up can look back at what they were thankful for when they were 5. Anyway, I am a sucker for sentimental.
Angie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2004, 09:49 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

Default 2468 boxes

I think the 2-4-6-8 boxes are a great idea, b/c tey could be favors and place holders at the same time. you can use a few different coordintating colors and som "fall-ish" leaf stamps, or wheel. Fill it with you favorite munchy and cruchy and then tie up the top with some rafia...and if you want to stamp/write out tags with your guests names on them. I did this for a dinner party we had right before thanksgiving...with our friends before we all went to relatives for the holiday and they were a huge hit. And they were real easy. That's my 2 cents...but i will second all the votes for the sour cream containers...they are cute, easy and you could do the same thing...tie with raffia and add name tags. thanks for asking this...I want to take a "thank you" type favor to thanksgiving dinner this year. We are spending it with more "distant" family since we will be in Little Rock...it's a great oppertunity to meet up with family that we aren't close to, and on top of that my family has invited our freinds (that moved away and who now live a few hours away from my relatives) to come too..it will be great! So I want a little "thank you" sorta treat to bring with me ;o) Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
**That's my sweet baby Piper in her Daddy's flight suit**
Reply With Quote Likes