Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of becoming a demo...

I've been stamping for 10 years. I was introduced to Stampin' Up when I was a Junior in High School. Over the past 2 months I've really been contemplating becoming a demonstrator because I just love it so much. I'm nervous though. I don't want this opportunity to be too expensive. I've thought of some ways to market myself but I'm also worried about hitting the sales each quarter. I guess I'm looking for feedback from current demos as to how they're doing with their business and how they were able to get themselves off the ground? I want to make sure that this is worth it.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 10:21 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My advice is to contact your demonstrator and ask for a recruit packet to look over, explaining you are unsure, and not ready to commit, but really would like the info.

You are not obligated to sign up at all, nor under any particular demo'r, including the one you requested the materials from, however, out of courtesy, you should return the materials to her, if you don't sign up or choose to sign up under someone else.

Some prefer local demo'rs for uplines, and others are fine with long-distance.

Every recruiter is at liberty to offer whatever she deems works for her as an incentive for signing and for training purposes, and it varies vastly from demo'r to demo'r. Determine what it is you expect or wish for from an upline and be sure to find out if they will be the type you can work with before you commit.

The answers to your questions above will receive a myriad of answers as vast as the # of demo'rs within the company. There are over 30,000, each with different experiences, different motivations/goals, etc.

Good luck in your decision.

Last edited by JulieHRR; 06-28-2005 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: yikes, bad grammar!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 11:17 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I say go for it! If you have been stamping for 10 years, you must know others that stamp and would order from you.

I am signing up next week. It is a good time to sign up b/c:
New Colors
New Stamps
New Accessories
You don't have to make your first quarterly minimum until Dec. 31
Then it is sellabration time so that quarter is taken care of

I am planning an open house right now for all my friends, family and a few aquaintances of which only a few stamp or scrapbook. I also have a unique opportunity b/c my demo soon to be upline is moving out of state so she is going to pass some of her customers onto me.

Go for it! The kit is worth more than the $200.

: )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just signed up in Feb and I love it. I find it easier than I thought it would be and so much fun. You get to pick your own sets & ink color in the starter kit and the minimums are low. I honestly can't tell you anything negative about SU - you should go for it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-29-2005, 11:11 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Thanks so much for the great feedback. I did a lot of thinking last night and a lot of looking at the NEW catalog. My demo called me yesterday to give me the good news and since I've been staring at it all day today and last night I'm going to take the plunge. I'm looking forward to it. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes