Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up and Coming Demo Needs Help. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi I am going to be a new demo come Jan. Waiting until then so I can get that free set!!! I'm CHEAP!!! I need help picking out which stamp sets to buy!!! I already have all of the $11.95 backgrounds, so what other set should I get for $11.95?? Not sure if I want the Perfect Party set. I thought about substituting In Full Bloom instead of Perfect Party. I already have Sketch A Party. What do you think??? I will be getting Fresh Flowers and Tags & More. I already have All Year Cheer I. Should I get All Year Cheer II or III??? I have all of the Bold Bright colors they have pre-selected for your stamp pads also. Which colors should a substitute them with??? Also which free set should I choose?????? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michelle Gruber
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 06:17 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

sounds like you got everything covered to me I did not have the opportunity like your self as my upline was not really wanting me to sign up since i was such a great spender :-) anyway as far as the free set I just love the Sketch it set I use this set so offten and so univerisal for your personal use and for ws when ever i demo something using this set I sell at least 2-3 which means higher sales cause it is one of the pricier ones ... I love all year cheer ( all of them ) so you will not go wrong with any of them ... I also love the perfect party set a great all around set for everyone :-) i guess its really up to you if you think you may be able to use it much .... Yes Jan and Feb are great times to sign up cause of the FREE any stamp set this year WOWZIE wish i had that when i signed up last year I do think SU ! offered durning SAB if anyone signed up they got a FREE sab set but not like this year where you can pick ANY set out of catalog thats great!!! also Mini mates is another gotta have set for myself many uses for this set I just love mine and use it quite often ... Best of everything Just remember this whatever you chose you are going to love it ALL! I promise !!! Have fun and look at it this way if you dont get everything you want in your kit you can get a wish list going and use your 1st order with a higher % discount for all those extras you want too... So excited for you
Have fun!!
xoxoox
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 06:57 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am too signing up in Jan. I also have all of the background sets. I plan on substituting Mostly Flowers on pg 166. I think it will make simple cards to show beginners.

I am sticking with the Perfect Party since the set I have like it is retired.

I like All Year Cheer II the best as a replacement.

I am going with Love w/o end instead of Fresh flowers & Pocket fun instead of Tags .

I chose these because of who may be my customers. Look at what you think they may buy and demo those sets.

As for the ink just fill it in with whatever you may need the most.

For the free set I heard there was no limit so I would like to get Everyday Flexible Phrases . I think I would get alot of use out of it.

This may all change by January. It depends on what DH & kids gets me for Christmas. :oops:
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 07:23 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Congratulations, Michelle!!

IMHO, you need to think ahead and determine what supplies you'll need immediately to demonstrate. I signed up in January last year. I needed a good valentine set (one with a word stamp included with the stamps) and spring set. Easter and Mother/Father's day are right around the corner. Full Bloom and Fresh Flowers are beautiful for the spring and mother's day. Tags and More will also take you into spring and easter. Graduation will also come up quickly. Sketch an Event (p.80 @ $19.95) or Framed Greetings (p. 81 @28.95) are also versatile sets. Framed greetings also includes coordinating word stamps.

I would go with soft subtles as my next set of ink. Probably, mellow moss, blue bliss, pretty in pink, barely banana, and mint melody or perfect plum. These colors are perfect for spring, baby cards, and easter. They are also wonderful as background colors if you are shadow stamping. I LOVE the earth elements but mostly use these in the autumn. You'll have time to acquire them by next fall.

Good luck! You can pm me if you need more specific help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 07:23 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

My advice is to look at the time of year you will be signing up. What kind of projects will you be doing? Spring, then get soft subtles and a spring set; Valentine's Day, then get some pinks, purples, and reds along with a hearts stamp set. Am I making sense? As for All Year Cheer 2 and 3. I would deffinitely go for one. I love all of the AYC sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 07:29 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been a demonstrator a little over a year now and find that I rarely use my Fresh Flowers, so I would recommend ordering Love Without End. It comes with that awesome little "Thank You" that I use on loads of little cellophane bag toppers filled with incentives and it also has the matching Classy Brass template.

As far as the $11.95 set goes you may want to look at Shape-Ups on page 178 - with Shadow Blocking still being so popular you may want to consider this one.

It is a toss-up between AYC II and III - with Mother's and Father's day coming soon after signing up I'd probably pick II -you could also demo baby or party invites with it.

And last but not least I would consider some of the Earth Element colors if you have all of the Bold Brights. If you don't already have the new Basic Brown I would put that on my list - it is so great to have another waterproof color other than black. It gives a more vintage look to some of those sets you may want to watercolor.

Definitely pick Everyday Flexible Phrases as your bonus set in January! It is fantastic!

You are going to love being a demonstrator! Best of luck!
EllenH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2004, 07:45 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I substituted Delightful Doodles for my $11.95 set and I LOVE it...I have already sold one and haven't even demoed it. It has has something for every season but winter.

Anne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:06 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Thank you all for the suggestions. I have decided to go with All Year Cheer II, Everday Flexible Phrases for my free set, and Brown, Mellow Moss, Perfect Plum, Pale Plum,& Mint Meoldy Ink Pads, but still debating on the rest!!! I guess I have awhile to debate!!! Thanks Again!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 09:24 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I've actually found the Fresh Flowers to be quite versatile. Take a look at the gallery. There are lots of examples there, many things "outside the box," using the stamps to make designs for things other than those for which they were intended. In my experience, lots of people that are new to stamping choose THIS set as a favorite!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/spedabstbit
Reply With Quote Likes