Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using EZ Mount?

I am thinking about switching over to using EZ Mount so I can use my rubber stamps with the acrylic blocks, but I've never done this before. I'm nervous about it because I'm worried that I might not be happy with the results. I'd like to hear from people who have done this and whether it works just as well as mounting them on the wood blocks. Are there any downsides to this? If I don't like it, is there a way to go back and mount them on the blocks later?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I love it since I unmounted my stamps!!! I unmounted every single little one of them! They save on space and are just....easy to transport. I did save all my wood blocks because yes, they can be remounted onto wood if you want to someday.

I went back and forth on unmounting for months, but I have not regretted it at all!
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Hello. I unmounted about a year ago and have been sooo happy with my decision. It saves major space now that I store my stamps in CD cases.

Do a search on this topic and you'll find many many responses!

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My suggestion is that for awhile, you NOT unmount all of your sets. But try using the newer sets that you get unmounted, or if you aren't getting any new, then pick a few sets, unmount them, and play. I have mounted and unmounted, and I like both. But the storage factor is a big one. Unmounted sure does store a lot easier!

Also, I DON"T use EZ Mount. I just put Aileen's Tack it Over and Over on the Acrylic and on the inside of the CD storage cases. Nothing gets put on the rubber. Makes clean up REALLY Easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default A real solution

EZ mount is a great solution for storing all those stamps we have collected. I switched to that system for all my larger bgs and really like it. I have unmounted the minis and smaller images that usually need a stamp positioner as well. Use them with post-it glue stick on acrylic blocks with foam sheets beneath. The results are perfect everytime and no boxes of wood blocks anymore. My stamp club members used clear page protectors with sheets of ww cardstock inside to lay the stamps on...used the original index sheet beneath the rubber pieces. They store well in clear plastic drawers or in d-ring large binders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I did use EZ mount to unmount my stamps either. I didn't want to have to take off the foam backing already on the rubber stamp. I just glued stamp and foam to some clear window vinyl (you know like the holiday widow clings). I love it. I did all of mine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 04:18 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Hmmm...does this mean I have to remove the foam backing already on the stamps if I want to use the EZ Mount or the Aileen's Tack it Over and Over? Also, do you have any problems with the stamps shifting around or falling off while you're stamping--especially if you're doing it multiple times like when making Christmas cards?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #8  
Inking Addict

I have unmounted some. I hated the Alenes stuff as it gets dirty fast and doesn't hold well. Just purely messy. I saw here that people recommended some Vinyl Cling. I also use EZ Mount and love that. A couple of days ago I made the decision to go completely unmounted. I have run out of supplies to do that but should have my 2 day priority order here tomorrow. I expect to be completely umounted by the end of my vacation.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh man, I wouldn't go totally unmounted yet. I love my unmounted stamps and they stick forever. If they ever start to not fully stick in all places, it just means they got a bit dusty. You can wash them with a little soap and water and they stick perfectly again. My suggestion is that you only unmount a few and make a lot of cards with those sets. If you are like most of us who are very happy with our unmounted stamps than by all means unmount them all. It is a lot of work to do a lot that way. I tried to unmount a few that were already mounted on wood by using the microwave and it didn't work so well for me. So now I only use the cling my new sets I purchase. You can buy just the cling and not the cushion for a lot less and you just use the cushion that comes with the set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2006, 06:16 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

I use Aileen's Tack It Over and Over and really don't care for it. I'm switching to Tsukineko's Tack N Peel. Check this out -- much easier to use because the Tack N Peel is acrylic and sticks to the block. You buy the Tack N Peel, cut it to fit all your blocks and you don't need any more than that, because your stamps stick to the Tack N Peel, which acts as the cushion and voila! Saves time from putting the Tack It Over and Over on the stamps and then mounting to blocks. I wouldn't put the Tack It Over and Over on my blocks because I use some acrylic stamps and don't want the mess on them.

Tack N Peel solves all the problems. Check out www.tsukineko.com and read about it. Great Stuff! And it things besides stamps will stick to it too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2006, 06:46 AM   #11  
Inking Addict

Tami, if you stick it to your blocks, this will mean you can use only bare rubber stamps with it? You have to tear the foam off every single stamp? Am I misunderstanding?
Reply With Quote Likes