Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Using up your old catalogs to organize....

I came up with a great idea to get myself a bit organized and use my old catalogs for a real purpose.

I went through (it takes two complete catalogs IF you have MANY sets)....and cut the pictures of the stamp set, along with the stamp name/price info. and taped them inside the plastic stamp box. So now at the bottom of the box I can easily see what stamps should be inside. After a few stamp camps, I have learned that when all the sets are put away at the end of the night they are not always put back in the right box and I can't remember for the life of me, which sets go where.

I know some of you have mentioned that you scan a picture of the sheet before cutting them apart to put on your stamps, however, by time that idea was known to me it was to late, so this will sure help save me some time and energy!!

Just thought I'd share, since I have gotten so many good ideas from this site. Hopefully someone out there will be able to use this one!

Have an inky day!

Mary D
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 06:35 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Great idea! I started when StazOn ink came out stamping the image of the stamp right on the case. I'm still doing it.

Stays on Stamping!
Karen
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the great idea! I will use my old catalog as soon as the July catalog comes out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-12-2005, 06:42 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

what a great idea! also the sets from those extra minis. I have a few extra catalogs this year. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 03:43 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

GAAAA! You still have a catalog you haven't cut up, right? I don't think I could force myself to cut up my only catalog (a non-demo here). I constantly refer to them for inspiration, especially for retired sets. Besides, something deep inside my anal rententive soul just wouldn't let me do it! Maybe I'll try it with photocopies because it sounds like a great idea!

"Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment" -Ben Franklin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 04:10 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love the Stazon idea!! I have several cattys left and was thinking I would cut out the sets I own to start a binder for easy reference. Our scanner is broken and I am not patient enought to wait to copy the insert before mounting my stamps!! But I have always wanted a binder, a stamp catalog if you will, of all my sets. Stamping them all onto paper is way too much work!!
Thanks for sharing.

Join us in Buffalo on 4/28/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 04:27 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarie.r.f
Great idea! I started when StazOn ink came out stamping the image of the stamp right on the case. I'm still doing it.
Both idea's are great. I love the stazOn idea for the simple reason that sometimes I have to play around just to get all the stamps to fit. This would be like a childs puzzle with the pictures of where the stamps go.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 04:33 AM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
GAAAA! You still have a catalog you haven't cut up, right? I don't think I could force myself to cut up my only catalog (a non-demo here). I constantly refer to them for inspiration, especially for retired sets. Besides, something deep inside my anal rententive soul just wouldn't let me do it! Maybe I'll try it with photocopies because it sounds like a great idea!

I also keep all of my old catalogs for reference...I couldn't do it either.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 06:17 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

You all are way to smart! I love the ideas! I really liked the idea of copying the sheet of labels when you get the stamp sets but I too haven't done that and already have over 50 sets... the catalog idea is awesome... however I might photocopy the sets where I, a non-demo, don't want to cut my catalogs up!

Thanks again! You all are awesome! Keep the tips and suggestions coming!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Organzing Stamps

I put together a "catalog" of my stamp sets and individual stamps several months ago and it was the smartest thing I ever did. I used one of those old "magnetic" photo albums that you aren't suppose to use for photos anymore. It isn't pretty. Most of the pictures I got from finding the set on ebay and copy/paste. I, also, did cut some from old catalogs and I also just stamped the images. I would recommend leaving some empty pages in between pages so you can add new sets. I tried arranging them by types of stamps - words, background, floral, fun, etc. It worked at first, but now it is becoming hit and miss. But it is great, because whenever I need an inspiration I can look in my catalog. Better yet, because everything is labeled, I know where everything is. Also, I number each set or box, put that number with the photo in the "catalog" and put the number written tiny on the individual stamps - so I always know where that stray stamp goes. Works for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 08:06 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

My stamps are all in a 3 ring binder. When I get a new stamp set, I stamp each stamp on card stock and file them alphbetically. I keep all the boxes, but put the stamps in one of those drawer things that you can get at hardware stores and then make labels for each drawer. With the binder, I can look at all the stamps I have in one spot and find the perfect one for the card I want to make without having to remember which set has which.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I make two copies of the sticker page before I cut it up. One I cut and put in the box and the other I put in a binder so I can reference which sets I have.

It works well - and keeps everything organized.

Visit my Gallary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2006, 04:29 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Organizing my Stamp sets

I need some help and some suggestions. I am in the process of organizing my Stampin Up Stamp Sets.

How has everyone else done this?

I don't have too many sets and only about 15 retired sets.

I spent today online copying and pasting into an email copys of the sets from the Stampin Up website. I can only do the current sets and the ones that will retire next month.

I am planning on putting these images in a book. The thing I like about doing it this way, is that it has the name of the set, price, item number and lists how many pieces in each set, along with showing the image.

I probably can scan my retired sets from the older catalogs or scan the actual sets on my scanner.

Is there anything else that I should be doing?
Thanks in advance.
Deb in Maine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2006, 03:31 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

I like the stazeon idea.I am switching over to arrylic blocks and putting my stamps in cd cases.this will be a great idea.to use the stazeon.and just stamp the images right on the cd case.I'm glad I read this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes