Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed
Default Week 8

OK - Ladies we are onto week 8. This is a simple one, in celebration of my Birthday!

Lets put all those scrapbook pages into our scrapbooks! If you dont scrapbook, then..... um...... think of this challenge as an extra challenge to make a scrapbook page!

So.................. have a great weekend all! And I will catch you next week from Canada getting ready for the wedding!

Karin.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2005, 02:07 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Talking woo-hoo!

Just came across these challenges, and I am super excited to get started! So what if I'm 8 weeks behind? I'll get there. And I need, need, need to get things sorted before new colors and new catty sets start to come in... yippee!

I'm headed back to week 1 to start the challenges off, I'm sure I can do these!

Karin - I'm guessing you're a Julie Morgenstern fan? I just got the audio book for Organizing from the Inside Out, I've listened to it about 8 times in the car, and it's already changing my life. Who knew it was this simple??? If there's anybody out there whose organizational problems extend past their stamping space (like mine do), I'd strongly recommend this book. It covers some simple techniques for organizing anything and the little maintenance steps to take to keep things organized. Really an excellent book!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2005, 04:01 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Red face

Soooo......i haven't read all of the challenges; we live in kind of a small apartment, considering there's DH, me, and DS & DD. Right now my "scrapping space" consists of several feet of floor space in front of the closet just inside the front door. Imagine what this looks like - we no longer have access to the closet! UGH! Is there hope for me?

My gallery, such as it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2005, 06:55 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

Of course there is hope!

Just do it a little bit at a time. Break it down to 15 minuites a day, and focus on only one thing - like dealing with all your paper. Ingnore everything else, just focus on the paper for 15 minuites. If you do this every day, by the end of the week, you should once again have access to your closet, and you will no longer be running the risk of ruining your supplies by steping on them or something.

I have seen at Joanns something that might be just what you need. It is a desk that folds down into its own cabinet. It has shelves for storing crafting supplies and stuff. Normally around $100, but wait until you have a 40%off coupon, and get it for $60. Now, if all your supplies wont fit in the shelf space of this unit, then get a small bookshelf. It take up pratically no floor space, but will hold so much. Plus, living in an apartment, you wont have to deal with attatching shelves to the wall to store stuff. You can even pick up at W*Mart a really nice amoire cabinet that has some drawers and shelves in it. It even has doors on it so you can close them to hide the mess if need be. When we move into our one bedroom place this summer, these two items are on my to buy list. I will be selling my HUGE craft desk, and condensing my stuff down to fit into the amoire. I have one of those 8 drawer iris carts that I plan on putting in one side of the amoire that will hold my stamps and one of the drawers will have all my ribbons/fibers. The rest, I will have to see what will fit where.

But if space is a problem, and your stuff is getting ruined, take a look at your options.

Here is an amoire cabinet at W*Mart

I tried to find a link to the desk at Joanns, but did not see it on their site. It was in their last flyer, so if you still have it around somewhere, take a look, or ask next time you are in a store. It was really nice. Had shelves, and the table folded up and doors closed over the folded up table, so it was nice and compact - perfect for an apartment.

Good luck.
Karin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2005, 04:09 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

You're awesome, Karin! Thanks so much. I'll work on that and send an update. Wish I had room for that armoire....with a little discipline and some work, I'll be able to use the shelves and little plastic dealies on wheelies we have to get organized! My other problem is my 6 yr old DD - so part of my organization is also a desire to hide things so she can't get at them! She's very passionate about everything she does and is quite creative, but it will be easier when she's a bit older. In the meantime, I wait until she passes out at night (sometimes not until 9 or 10!) to get out my stuff and do one page before I pass out. Whew!

My gallery, such as it is!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-22-2005, 04:53 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

Default My Challenge

Karin - posted a couple of times under week 1 and 2, but figured this was the most active thread, so decided to come here.

I need HELP!!!
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Posted 4 pics of my current stampin room - taken after a night of "creating" - both cards and a mess!

Since Friday evening I have:
*completely cleaned off the floor (even vacuumed!)
*reorganized the small workspace on my desk top.
*got an "essential tools" caddy - have been looking for this for ages, just found at Walmart for under $4
*got a "put away basket" - already had this in the house, and now, have used it several times!
*got an over the door pocket shoe holder AND put a lot of my smaller things in it (punches, Pennywise beads, adhesives, all embossing powders, misc. pads like metallics, embossing, versamark, etc.
*completely cleaned off the top of my work table - the only thing on there now is my ink pad caddy and half of a grid pad
*and, last night began sorting out my scrap paper containers - I elected (for now) to put each color's scraps into a labeled baggie; still have one basket full to go through!

Am by no means finished, but it looks SO much better now and I actually have room to work.

Come Visit Me At ... A Work In Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2005, 08:27 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

what a great challenge! I have tons of finished pages just piling up and waiting to be put into the books. I am gonna work on this tomorrow!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Scrapbooks are my project for tomorrow. I've just spent the rest of the week cleaning up my basement studio and reclaiming some space from my husband's collection of the best of 1980's (and earlier) technology. I have put all my paper into folders, the magazines into plastic holders, the stickers into categorized clear folders, etc. I've even cleaned the floor! Heck--I can SEE the floor, as well as the top of the desk. I found a couple of pages that I had started with our Christmas pictures, so tomorrow I will finish.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

My scrap place was part of my new room organization last weekend. I want to get a file cabinet for my 12x12 paper eventually, I think my dad can make me one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-30-2005, 04:34 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

DONE. I always put my scrapbook pages in the book after I finish them. I just recently started something else. I have two page protecters 12x12 that I put the ring holes at the top for tacks and stick two scrapbook pages that I'm working on at the time on the wall at work. When I'm not so busy I can think of ideas a little bit and just enjoy the pictures. I'm not a demo but I found that there are a lot of people who ask me about scrapbooking and I am able to find who is interested if I host a party. The downside is that people can see that I'm about a little over a year behind in my scrapbooks.
Reply With Quote Likes