Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-17-2007, 04:25 AM   #121  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nuts and Bolts are just like Bitz and Bites, cheerios, pretzels and shredies all mixed up with spices on them. And I will get that creamy snowball recipe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:07 AM   #122  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Subscribing! Thanks, to all you talented ladies, for your wonderful receipes!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 AM   #123  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampaholic17View Post
LOL I'm not even done with the things I want to make for Halloween yet! But I have started thinking about Christmas. I usually make cards (about 50-75). Last year I baked cookies for some of the neighbors and that was a big hit. I made 2 different recipes out of last year's Fine Cooking issue devoted to Chocolate. I'll probably make some more of those.

I also bought the PaperTrey Holiday Treats set so I'll be making some nugget boxes and putting my cookies in those coffee bags. I also have a recipe for a white chocolate covered dessert called Moose Tracks (I think that's what it's called). It has pretzels and chex cereal and m&ms in it and then it's all drizzled with white chocolate. Now I usually despise white chocolate but I cannot get enough of this stuff. I don't have the recipe right here but if you're interested let me know and I'll post it.
Hello....Would LOVE the Moose Tracks recipe. Also would enjoy the seeing the Nuts and Bolts that others have chatted about

Happy Stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:31 AM   #124  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
Last year I bought extra large coffee mugs and added whole coffee beans. I dipped clear plastic spoons into melted chocolate (the bowl part), than covered with green and white sprinkles and stuck the handles into the beans. Wrapped all with cellophane and a big bow. To some I added Starbucks gift cards. These were a huge hit. I bought the flavored coffee beans from WM and everyone really enjoyed them.
We did the chocolate spoons one year. While the spoons were still wet, we dipped some into those instant coffee mixes (international something or other) for different flavors. If you stir the coffee with your spoon and the chocolate melts into it...so does the flavored powder and you add a little more flavor. Also, some we did with mint that we found & mixed in with the melted chocolate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #125  
Rubber Obsessor

I was going to ask in my post, but forgot...

Has anyone ever done stained glass cookies? You just make sugar cookies, use something to create a hole in the middle of the cookie (I have seen plain round shapes, and some more detailed holes)...and then place a hard/clearish candy in the center of the hole. After they bake the candies have melted into the hole...

But I wasn't sure if they were worth doing b/c I can just imagine how tough it would be to try and eat that melted candy in the center. It would harden back up again eventually. Just curious if it was worth the trouble.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #126  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaeganXenoView Post
I was going to ask in my post, but forgot...

Has anyone ever done stained glass cookies? You just make sugar cookies, use something to create a hole in the middle of the cookie (I have seen plain round shapes, and some more detailed holes)...and then place a hard/clearish candy in the center of the hole. After they bake the candies have melted into the hole...

But I wasn't sure if they were worth doing b/c I can just imagine how tough it would be to try and eat that melted candy in the center. It would harden back up again eventually. Just curious if it was worth the trouble.
I have done them but I didn't use whole pieces of candy. I crushed the candy first and and used it sparingly. They weren't difficult to eat and they looked so pretty.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM   #127  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
I have done them but I didn't use whole pieces of candy. I crushed the candy first and and used it sparingly. They weren't difficult to eat and they looked so pretty.
I made them years ago but not to eat. I put holes in the tops before baking them and used them as tree ornaments. You get a nicer result if you crush the candy first.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #128  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampaholic17View Post
I also bought the PaperTrey Holiday Treats set so I'll be making some nugget boxes and putting my cookies in those coffee bags. I also have a recipe for a white chocolate covered dessert called Moose Tracks (I think that's what it's called). It has pretzels and chex cereal and m&ms in it and then it's all drizzled with white chocolate. Now I usually despise white chocolate but I cannot get enough of this stuff. I don't have the recipe right here but if you're interested let me know and I'll post it.
Is this the same as your Moose Tracks?

White Party Mix

5 c. cheerios
10.5 oz bag mini pretzels
2 c. peanuts
5 c. chex cereal
1 lb. M & M's
2 - 12 oz packages of white chocolate chips
3 T. oil

Put dry ingredients into large bowl. Melt together the chips and oil. Pour over mixture, stir to coat. Cool on wax paper. Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #129  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks for the tips on the stained glass cookies, ladies!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:41 AM   #130  
Mad Swapper

thanks to everyone for sharing their great recipes and ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #131  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookiemonsterView Post
This is so easy and I've given it to my SIL's for Christmas for the last two years in boxes of other homemade stuff. Every year they ask if I will make it for them again. They are not crafty so they have no idea how easy it is.

Strawberries & Cream Milk Bath Mix

1 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup sea salt
1/4 teaspoon strawberry essential oil

Place milk and salt in a large bowl: mix well. Scoop out about 1/2 cup and place in a small bowl. Sprinkle oil over top of mix: stir well. Add oil mix back to large bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight jar. Attach a gift tag with instructions.

Instructions: Scoop out 1/4 cup and dissolve under running bath water.

I put this in a pretty jar tied with a beautiful ribbon and tucked into a basket filled with bubble bath, lip balm, homemade soaps and a net bath puff.
I loooooooove this thread! Is there a company/place that you like to purchase your essential oils from?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 10:11 AM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a great thread! I'm in such a Christmas mood now! Not to mention hungry! I want to make the apple brie bread right this minute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #133  
Polyshrink Goddess

So many good ideas here!!

So far I know I'm going to make:
my Christmas cards
4 photo calendars
2 wine bottle stoppers (done)
3 blankets
1 pillow
Gingerbread cookies

I'm not sure what else yet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 PM   #134  
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing! Thanks, ladies, for all the wonderful ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #135  
Stampin' Fool

subscribing!
Great ideas for an upcoming craft show I'm doing! Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 02:37 PM   #136  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely subscribing to this thread. Thanks, Suzy, for posting this!

I'm making inspirational quotation books with the Bind it All I'm getting for my birthday in November. I've already got most of my friends and family's contributions to the book (I asked them all for their favorite quotations in exchange for a book for Christmas!) I've made these in the past and people keep asking when the next one will be. The BIA will make it so much easier!

I make my Christmas cards (about 100), and Russian Tea mix or Angel Balls (yummy cookies) for teacher/bus driver/therapist gifts. I have 18 people who contribute to my children's learning and care (one of the little-known perks of having a child with autism, LOL!), so I have to get creative to let each of them know how important they are to our family--without going broke.

I'm making a heritage scrapbook for my FIL, who is really into genealogy.

Not sure what else, but I'm gonna search this thread for ideas. Thanks, everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 04:29 PM   #137  
Kookie Creator

subscribing!
(borrowed from the quirkey card sayings thread).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 PM   #138  
Gallery Gazer

I got a couple of pm's, too! Here are some of my favorite fall recipes to make for Christmas gifts:

Pumpkin Butter

2 cans (15 oz.) pure 100% pumpkin
1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
� cup honey
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
� teaspoon ground cinnamon
� teaspoon ground cloves
� teaspoon ground nutmeg
(dashes of allspice and/or ginger, optional)

Combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and spices in a heavy duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to love. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Pack in sterilized, airtight jars. Store in refrigerator for several months. (I processed them in a canner to seal the lids, for 10 minutes.)

Apple Butter

5 lbs. tart apples (about 10 large apples)
2 cups apple cider
sugar
� teaspoon cloves
� teaspoon allspice
3 teaspoon cinnamon
� teaspoon nutmeg

Wash, quarter and remove stems from apples. No need to peel or core. Cook apples slowly in cider until tender and put through a food mill. (I don’t have a food mill, so I did peel and core my apples, then diced them up and skipped this step.) Add � to 2/3 cup sugar for each cup of apple pulp. Add spices. Cook in the oven or in a slow cooker for several hours, stirring often. Test for desired thickness by spooning some of the mixture on a cold plate. When no liquid oozes around edges, it is thick enough. May be canned while hot, or frozen.

Pear Butter

6 to 7 lbs. pears (about 20 medium)
4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
� teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup orange juice

To prepare pulp: Wash pears. Core, peel and slice pears. Combine pears and � cup water in a large saucepot. Simmer until pears are soft. Puree using a food processor or food mill, being careful not to liquefy. Measure out 2 quarts pear pulp.

To make butter: Combine pear pulp and sugar in a large saucepot, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until thick enough to round up on a spoon. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Ladle hot butter into hot jars, leaving � inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Adjust 2 piece cap. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.

Chocolate Raspberry Spread (or Chocolate Strawberry Spread)
A perfect Christmas gift for all your chocoholic friends!

5 cups prepared fruit (about 4 pints of raspberries)
7 cups granulated sugar
1 (1.75 oz.) box of fruit pectin
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
� teaspoon butter or margarine

Crush raspberries (or strawberries), one cup at a time, with raspberries, sieve half of the pulp to remove some of the seeds, if desired. (This is not necessary with strawberries.) Measure 5 cups into a 6 or 8-quart saucepan. Wash 9 half-pint jars. Keep hot until needed (either in hot water bath, or in the oven.) Prepare lids as manufacture suggests. Measure sugar into a separate bowl, set aside. Stir fruit pectin into fruit in saucepan. Add chocolate and margarine. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (one that can’t be stirred down) on high heat and boil exactly one minute, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in all the sugar. Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling within � inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw band tightly. I turn mine over for 5 minutes, then turn them back over, which makes them seal. You can also process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. When cool, refrigerate. For best eating quality, use within 9 months.
Note: Spread sets slowly, allow 1 week.
Note: Strawberries can be substituted for raspberries, use same amount.
Suggested usage: This spread can be used as an ice cream topping, layered with chocolate or vanilla pudding in a tall glass, poured on top of homemade brownies, cheesecake, pound cake, etc. It can be used as a filling between layers of cake or all by itself on graham crackers!

Use the assorted butters just like jam, as spreads on toast, English muffins, etc. They are all terrific on waffles and pancakes, too! I like to make my own homemade waffle or pancake mix to give as a gift along with the jam. Thanks for all the great recipes that have been posted so far!

I have a couple of cookies that I traditionally make, too as well as fudge. I will try to post them over the next few days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #139  
Crimping Master

Hey SuzyH are still filing all the recipes. You do such a great job of it, thanks.
And thanks to all you great ladies for the new recipes, there goes the diet, again.......
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:40 PM   #140  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FWView Post
I got a couple of pm's, too! Here are some of my favorite fall recipes to make for Christmas gifts:

Pumpkin Butter

2 cans (15 oz.) pure 100% pumpkin
1 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
� cup honey
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
� teaspoon ground cinnamon
� teaspoon ground cloves
� teaspoon ground nutmeg
(dashes of allspice and/or ginger, optional)

Combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon, and spices in a heavy duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to love. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Pack in sterilized, airtight jars. Store in refrigerator for several months. (I processed them in a canner to seal the lids, for 10 minutes.)

Apple Butter

5 lbs. tart apples (about 10 large apples)
2 cups apple cider
sugar
� teaspoon cloves
� teaspoon allspice
3 teaspoon cinnamon
� teaspoon nutmeg

Wash, quarter and remove stems from apples. No need to peel or core. Cook apples slowly in cider until tender and put through a food mill. (I don�t have a food mill, so I did peel and core my apples, then diced them up and skipped this step.) Add � to 2/3 cup sugar for each cup of apple pulp. Add spices. Cook in the oven or in a slow cooker for several hours, stirring often. Test for desired thickness by spooning some of the mixture on a cold plate. When no liquid oozes around edges, it is thick enough. May be canned while hot, or frozen.

Pear Butter

6 to 7 lbs. pears (about 20 medium)
4 cups sugar
1 teaspoon grated orange peel
� teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup orange juice

To prepare pulp: Wash pears. Core, peel and slice pears. Combine pears and � cup water in a large saucepot. Simmer until pears are soft. Puree using a food processor or food mill, being careful not to liquefy. Measure out 2 quarts pear pulp.

To make butter: Combine pear pulp and sugar in a large saucepot, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add remaining ingredients. Cook until thick enough to round up on a spoon. As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Ladle hot butter into hot jars, leaving � inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Adjust 2 piece cap. Process 10 minutes in a boiling-water canner.

Chocolate Raspberry Spread (or Chocolate Strawberry Spread)
A perfect Christmas gift for all your chocoholic friends!

5 cups prepared fruit (about 4 pints of raspberries)
7 cups granulated sugar
1 (1.75 oz.) box of fruit pectin
5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
� teaspoon butter or margarine

Crush raspberries (or strawberries), one cup at a time, with raspberries, sieve half of the pulp to remove some of the seeds, if desired. (This is not necessary with strawberries.) Measure 5 cups into a 6 or 8-quart saucepan. Wash 9 half-pint jars. Keep hot until needed (either in hot water bath, or in the oven.) Prepare lids as manufacture suggests. Measure sugar into a separate bowl, set aside. Stir fruit pectin into fruit in saucepan. Add chocolate and margarine. Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (one that can�t be stirred down) on high heat and boil exactly one minute, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in all the sugar. Return to a full rolling boil and boil exactly one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon. Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling within � inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw band tightly. I turn mine over for 5 minutes, then turn them back over, which makes them seal. You can also process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. When cool, refrigerate. For best eating quality, use within 9 months.
Note: Spread sets slowly, allow 1 week.
Note: Strawberries can be substituted for raspberries, use same amount.
Suggested usage: This spread can be used as an ice cream topping, layered with chocolate or vanilla pudding in a tall glass, poured on top of homemade brownies, cheesecake, pound cake, etc. It can be used as a filling between layers of cake or all by itself on graham crackers!

Use the assorted butters just like jam, as spreads on toast, English muffins, etc. They are all terrific on waffles and pancakes, too! I like to make my own homemade waffle or pancake mix to give as a gift along with the jam. Thanks for all the great recipes that have been posted so far!

I have a couple of cookies that I traditionally make, too as well as fudge. I will try to post them over the next few days!
Those all sound WONDERFUL! Thanks for sharing, I've never made my own fruit butters!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #141  
Gallery Gazer

I also wanted to mention that when I make the more traditional types of Jam or preserves, like raspberry, strawberry, apricot and triple berry, I just use the recipes inside the box of pectin. If you follow them exactly, it always turns out fine! The taste of the jam improves if you have really good, ripe fruit (and jam is one thing you can make with over-ripe fruit and it tastes great!) I didn't make strawberry jam this year as I didn't make it over to the rainy side of our state where the strawberries are much better than the California ones I can buy here (sorry, Californians, I don't mean any disrespect!) You just can't beat those sweet, tender Oregan/Coastal Washington strawberries! I can get exceptional apricots here and I always make that kind of jam because I can get such good, ripe ones here. It really isn't that hard to make jam, once you get the hang of it! I can make 7 or 8 jars in about 1 hour, which is about one batch. You can also use frozen fruit, too! The triple berry mixture at Costco makes good jam.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #142  
Rubber Obsessor

You may want to try online: jaysfoods.com.
I have a friend who drives almost 350 miles just to buy a ton of pretzel rings.

When all else fails. I use the small pretzel twists. I also like the caramel hershey stripe candies.

Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:04 AM   #143  
Hardware Hotshot

my kind of gal, thinking of Christmas, three months in advance.
I haven't really thought about it yet, but I want to make one of these sets below, I love them-
CooCooKatchoo's Frappe Bottles by CooCooKatchoo at Splitcoaststampers
and I am actively working on a swap from a gal with CS for 25 easy recipes for the holidays swap, also plan on doing some JAR recipes. Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:12 AM   #144  
Insane Embellisher

Here's the recipe for:
Creamy Snowballs
4oz. Cream Cheese, Softened
2 cups Icing Sugar
2 tbsp. Milk
2/3 cup. Semisweet Chocolate Chips, Melted
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
3 cups. Miniature Marshmallows
Coconut

Combine first 5 ingredients together in bowl. Beat together until smooth.
Fold in marshmallows. Shape into 1 1/4 inch (3cm) balls.
Roll in coconut. These freeze well. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.

Nuts & Bolts
12 cups O-shaped toasted oat cereal
7 cups Whole wheat squares cereal
9 cups Pretzels (regular or stick)
3 cups Mixed Nuts

1 1/2 cups Hard Margarine (or butter)
2 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp. Garlic Salt
2 tsp. Celery Salt
2 tsp. Seasoned Salt

Combine both cereals, pretzels and nuts in large roasting pan.

Melt margarine in medium saucepan. Add remaining 4 ingredients. Stir. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Toss to coat well. Bake, uncovered, in 250 F oven for about 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Cool. Store in airtight container. Makes 31 cups (7.75L)

This isn't the greatest picture but just an idea of how I decorated the bottles.
Attached Thumbnails
What do you plan to do this Christmas (recipes, crafts,etc)?-nuts-bolts.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 AM   #145  
Hardware Hotshot

Default CARMEL NUTCAKES IN A JAR RECIPE

this recipe sounds interesting, as this year I have been collecting recipes in a jar for our red hatters group, woulod you share it. Carolyn

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
When I give edible gifts their the standout gifts. I still have people every year ask about the banana chocolate chip bread. Or caramel nutcakes in a jar......their so cool because you can bake them in a mason jar! And once the lid is on they keep for about 6 months, so you can make them way ahead of time.

I've got two really great books full of food gifts, they're from Goosberry Patch called "Gifts for Giving" and "More gifts for giving". Amazon sells them or you can get them from the gooseberrypatch.com website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 AM   #146  
Hardware Hotshot

Default We will probably be alone for Christmas also

I think it's sad when you are alone for Christmas, and it's not your choice.
Maybe you know of someone else who is alone that day or make that day a special day for you doing what friviolous things you enjoy most, with a tray
of sweet treats, maybe movies, or a special book. You have to make it special for you alos Carolyn

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrown8301View Post
Actually not sure what I will be doing. DH is deployed and DD is with her dad this Christmas so I will be by myself and it's going to be kind of hard to be in the Christmas mood. I do want to do something for my friends, so maybe that will put me in the Christmas spirit, Subscribing to this thread for ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:51 AM   #147  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrown8301View Post
Actually not sure what I will be doing. DH is deployed and DD is with her dad this Christmas so I will be by myself and it's going to be kind of hard to be in the Christmas mood. I do want to do something for my friends, so maybe that will put me in the Christmas spirit, Subscribing to this thread for ideas.
My DH is going to be depolyed over the holidays too. Come on down here and I'll share my kids and my holidays with you! I haven't started on any holiday stuff yet, though some of these ideas are fabulous:cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 AM   #148  
Stampin' Fool

DepLOYed. you'd think after all these years I'd be able to spell that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 05:31 AM   #149  
Hardware Hotshot

since we are sharing this thread for christmas ideas, thought this was interesting, have never seen - spahetti ice cream- unique treat,
see below Carolyn
http://spaghettiicecream.com/icecrea...o-recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 08:24 AM   #150  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post
my kind of gal, thinking of Christmas, three months in advance.
I haven't really thought about it yet, but I want to make one of these sets below, I love them-
CooCooKatchoo's Frappe Bottles by CooCooKatchoo at Splitcoaststampers
and I am actively working on a swap from a gal with CS for 25 easy recipes for the holidays swap, also plan on doing some JAR recipes. Carolyn
I love these sets and I would love to make some for gifts too. I just wish I liked the drink or knew someone who did.

All children are gifted...some just open their package sooner than others.
Check out my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #151  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks girls for all of the recipes and ideas!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #152  
Kookie Creator

subscribing.. great ideas and wonderful recipes. Thanks to those who've shared. I have no clue what I'm doing yet for Christmas.

sahm to 5 boys
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 12:21 PM   #153  
Polyshrink Goddess

Subcribing to this also. I'm going to be making Almond Bark. I love watching Semi Homemade on the food channel - that's where I got the recipe. I made it for work and people loved it. YUM!!!!

~With GOD all things are possible ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #154  
Compulsive Stamper

What great ideas. Love those little pantie cookies!! Subscribing

Is there a 12 step program for stamping?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #155  
Mad Swapper

Suzy H.....you rock Girl!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
THANK YOU ALL - what a talented group!!! Of course we knew that along time ago!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 04:38 PM   #156  
Matboard Maniac

I am drooling as I type...I just saw the Halloween Oreos at Wal-Mart ( that's all we have around here) and magonna make the truffles with those, using orange or purple Wilton melts to drizzle. Thanks so much for the ideas, now I gotta find another napkin to wipe my chin-LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-18-2007, 05:43 PM   #157  
Matboard Maniac

GREAT IDEAS! Now I'm really thinking about Christmas. When does the show semi homemade come on the Food network. We just switched cable and now we get the Food network. I'm hooked! (PS ~ I'm not hijacking this thread, am I)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 04:56 AM   #158  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BilliePamView Post
GREAT IDEAS! Now I'm really thinking about Christmas. When does the show semi homemade come on the Food network. We just switched cable and now we get the Food network. I'm hooked! (PS ~ I'm not hijacking this thread, am I)
I'm not sure exactly when it comes on. I've got the DVR set to record it. Just go to their website - www.foodnetwork.com - and I'm sure you can find out.

~With GOD all things are possible ~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #159  
Hardware Hotshot

Good morning ladies!

Here is the updated file of recipes and ideas that has instructions, through post #158. If I missed something good or made a boo boo let me know.

I will update this once a week.

If for any reason you do not want your idea/name/recipe to be included in the file let me know and I will remove it.

When the post dies down I am going to make us a little pretty Christmas book for us to keep but for now ugly old notepad will do :mrgreen:

hugs,
Suzy
Attached Files
File Type: txt SCSers Christmas Ideas.txt (22.2 KB, 387 views)

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:36 AM   #160  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you so much, Suzy_H! This is so much fun! Thank you, also, to everyone else for such terrific ideas - not to mention how much fun this all is! It's actually motivated me to get started. ;) My mom is really into the Red Hats Society. I'm making her things using the Going Out in Style Set. So far I have the tote with note cards, a candle, and an ornament. I still want to do a journal, bookmark, probably a coffee mug filled with goodies. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Likes