Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #161  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #162  
Glitter Queen

First, I want to say a HUGE THANKS for all the wonderful recipes....can't wait to try some..

Next, would like to ask all those who've done the pretzel ring things, can these be made in advance and frozen?? I want to try them this year, but am always short on time during the holiday season??

Eryn
ABMommy2
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 PM   #163  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin_U.P._NorthView Post
Is this the same as your Moose Tracks?

White Party Mix

5 c. cheerios
10.5 oz bag mini pretzels
2 c. peanuts
5 c. chex cereal
1 lb. M & M's
2 - 12 oz packages of white chocolate chips
3 T. oil

Put dry ingredients into large bowl. Melt together the chips and oil. Pour over mixture, stir to coat. Cool on wax paper. Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
Almost identical! Here's the recipe I have:

Ingredients:

1 lb. white chocolate
3 c. crispy rice cereal squares
3 c. crispy corn cereal squares
3 c. toasted oat cereal (Cheerios)
2 c. thin pretzel sticks
2 c. peanuts
12 oz. bag of m&ms.

Directions:

Slowly melt the white chocolate in the top of a double boiler over simmering water. In a large bowl combine all of the cereals, pretzels, peanuts and m&ms. Pour the white chocolate over the mix. Stir to coat evenly. Spread the mix on wax paper and cool. When completely cooled break into small pieces and store in an airtight container. Keep refrigerated to keep fresh.

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #164  
Embossing Fanatic

oh I am so subscribing to this one!!! I love all the recipes!!! Did I miss the jar cooking? That sounds great as I am sitting on the deployed couch too this Christmas...that would be perfect to send!!! Thanks ladies!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #165  
Hardware Hotshot

Cake in a Jar recipes

Here are a few ladies. Basically any cake mix or recipe will do. Supposedly the heat of the hot cake creates a vapor lock so the cake lasts.

I personally plan to layer with chocolate and vanilla, and perhaps chocolate chips or nut layers. Not sure how it will turn out I am hoping it will create a cool swirl.

Read a great idea somewhere - make your own frosting (lets say cream cheese for the pumpkin bread) and put it in a baby jar also decorated to give with the larger jar.

Pumpkin Bread in a Jar (with variations) (from recipecottage.com)

2/3 c shortening
2 2/3 c sugar
4 eggs
2 c canned pumpkin (or 1 of variation items)
2/3 c water
3 1/3 c flour
1/2 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1 t ground cloves or nutmeg
1 1/2 t salt
2/3 c nuts

Cream shortening and sugar. Beat eggs, pumpkin, and water. Sift
together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices. Add to
pumpkin mixture. Stir in nuts. Pour mixture into greased wide
mouth pint jars filling 1/2 full. Bake at 325 degrees F for 45
minutes. When done, remove 1 jar at a time and wipe sealing edge
with paper towel or very clean cloth and screw cap on tightly.
The heat will vacuum seal the jar and the bread will keep for up
to one year. Makes 8 pints

Variations

2 c shredded apples
2 c shredded carrots
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 bag whole ground fresh cranberries
2 c mashed bananas
2 c fresh peaches
1 3/4 c applesauce plus 1/4 c pineapple
2 c shredded zucchini
1 3/4 c applesauce plus 1/4 c raisins
2 c applesauce
1 3/4 c banana plus 1/4 c orange marmalade
1 c shredded apple plus 1 c shredded carrot
1 3/4 c banana plus 1/4 c pineapple

Holiday Bread in a Jar (Recipezaar.com)

2/3 cup shortening
2 2/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon of ground orange rind
2/3 cup orange juice
2/3 cup pecans or walnuts (chopped)
1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce
3 1/2 cups flour

Cream the shortening and sugar. Add the eggs, baking powder, soda, salt and spices.
Add water alternately with the flour. Stir in the nuts and can of cranberry sauce.
Grease 8 pint size canning jars that have been washed in hot soapy water and dried.
(Grease them by using a brush dipped in melted shortening). Fill each jar 1/2 full; wipe the rim clean and bake in a 325�F oven for 35 to 45 minutes (bake on cookie sheet on middle rack).
Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in large pot. Turn off heat when water begins to boil. Place the lids and caps in the water and let sit for 10 minutes or more. Leave the lids in the hot water until ready to use.
When the cakes are done, remove the jars one at a time. Wipe the rim and quickly add lid. No need to wipe off water from lid--the added moisture will not hurt the cake. Screw lids on tightly and let rest on towel until completely cool. Jars will seal as they cool.
Makes 8 pint size jar cakes--stores up to 6 months in cool dry place.
If giving as a gift, top with pretty fabric and attach a card with name of cake, date made, and expiration date.
If not for a gift, just write the info on the lid with a permanent marker.
When ready to use, if cakes do not slide out easily, just run jar under hot water for a few seconds or microwave with lids removed for 2 seconds.

Crazy Cake Mix in a Jar (thatsmyhome.com)
2 C. flour
2/3 C. cocoa powder
3/4 t. salt
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/3 C. sugar

In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, cocoa powder and baking powder. Layer ingredients in jar in order given in a 1 quart canning jar.

It is helpful to tap jar lightly on a padded surface (towel on counter) as you layer the ingredients to make all ingredients fit neatly. Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from fabric of your choice. Center fabric circle over lid and secure with a rubber band. Tie on a raffia or ribbon bow to cover the rubber band.

Attach a card with the following directions:

Crazy Cake

This is a crazy cake because you mix the cake all together in the pan that you bake it in. Pour contents of jar into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan, and then add the following ingredients:

3/4 C. vegetable oil
2 t. vinegar
1 t. vanilla
2 C. water

Stir cake ingredients together using a wire whisk or fork, making certain that all ingredients are completely mixed together. Bake at 350� F. for 35 minutes. Frost as desired or serve sprinkled with powdered sugar, with fresh fruit on the side.

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 PM   #166  
Hardware Hotshot

Posting more of my Christmas decadent recipes

I got this layer bar cookie off the net a while ago from cookiemadness.net oh my its good!!!!!!! I double the batch and bake in a 13x9 pan.

Chattanooga Chew Chews
(Adapted from the Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook )

4 tablespoons softened butter,1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Topping
1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) butter
6 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper. Or don’t line it with anything. The bottoms aren’t that sticky but the sides are so you’ll have to pry them a bit if you don’t.

In a mixing bowl, stir together softened butter and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in flour. Mixture will be very dry and bordering on sand-like. Pour it into the pan and press down as much as possible. Sprinkle pecans over top. Don’t bake it yet, just set it aside.

Prepare topping. Place butter in a saucepan and heat over medium; When butter is mostly melted, stir in sugar. Continue heating until mixture begins to boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour hot mixture over pecans.

Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chips over top. Let chips sit for a few minutes to melt, then gently spread them with a spatula to coat.

Allow bars to cool for at least 5 hours. If you want to speed things up, let them cool for about half hour at room temperature, then put them in the refrigerator for another half hour to set the chocolate. When chocolate is firm but still soft, cut them into bars.

Last edited by Suzy_H; 09-20-2007 at 03:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #167  
Hardware Hotshot

This recipe is AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

She frosts and covers the cupcake so that it looks like a real candy apple - even putting in a popsicle stick! Hard work but oh wow so yum

Cheryl Porro's Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Be sure to bake, cool and stuff the cupcakes before starting the caramel. You want the cupcakes ready and waiting as soon as the caramel comes off the stove.

Please note: you will need a candy thermometer for this recipe.

Apple Cupcakes
9 regular cupcakes / 350 degree oven

2-3 apples, Granny Smith
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon vanilla

Rinse and core the apples. Place them on an ovenproof pan or baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes until soft.
Remove the apples from the oven, let cool slightly, then remove peel and mush the apple with the back of a fork.
Measure out one cup of apple mush and set aside to cool.

Combine flour, sugar, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt in a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine.
Crack the eggs into a separate medium-sized bowl and beat with a fork to break up.
Add the oil, apple juice, vanilla and cooled apple mush and mix to combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients until all ingredients come together.

Scoop into cupcake papers about 3/4 full so cupcakes will have a significant dome.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes, rotating the pan after 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cream Cheese Filling

1/4 stick butter
4 ounces Philly cream cheese
2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Bring the butter to room temperature by letting it sit out for one or two hours. Then beat the butter vigorously with an electric mixer.
Scrape the bowl and add the cream cheese and beat until combined. Add the sifted powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.

Thick Caramel

1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
6 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt

Bring the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk to a boil over medium-high heat.
With a wooden spoon, stir together and then slowly add the heavy cream. Continue to stir for about 20 minutes until the caramel has reached 248 degrees.
It is important to continuously stir the mixture and to allow it to reach this temperature.

Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Transfer to a bowl and continue to stir for two to three minutes, allowing the caramel to cool slightly.

Assembly

Using a small paring knife, cut a cone shape out of the top of each cupcake.
Flip the cone and cut off the excess cake. Save the top for later. Fill each cavity with a teaspoon or so of cream cheese filling.
Replace the top of each cupcake pressing down firmly to adhere the top to the filling.

Using a small offset spatula, frost each cupcake with the caramel.
If desired, sprinkle warm caramel with toppings, such as coconut or crushed nuts.

Transfer the cupcake into the freezer to allow the caramel to set without dripping over the edge of the cupcake paper.

Continue frosting and topping the cupcakes and try to work fast. As the caramel cools, it becomes less easy to spread.
If possible, work in pairs and let your helper top the cupcakes and transfer them to the freezer.
By the time you reach the last few cupcakes, you will no longer need to freeze them and you can take all the cupcakes out and transfer them to the counter.

Top off each cupcake with a popsicle or craft stick to finish off the look.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 AM   #168  
Hardware Hotshot

Look at me I'm a crazy Christmas posting beast!

How could I forget my green and red Christmas cake?!

This calls for honeydew melon liquor. If you dont want to use alcohol you could use green food coloring but it really does add such a unique flavour. I got this years and years ago from a Midori recipe booklet.

Midori Bundt Cake

Ingredients:
Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
3 oz instant pistachio pudding mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup Midori Liquer (or any brand Honeydew Melon liquer)
1/2 c plain yogurt (do not use non fat)
1/2 c canola Oil
1/2 t coconut flavoring

Midori Glaze
2 c powdered sugar
1/2 c Midori Liquer (or any brand Honeydew Melon liquer)
1/2 c cream cheese
2 T butter
1/2 t coconut flavoring

Optional Decorations
green and/or red sugar sprinkles
Maraschino cherries

Directions:
1. Beat cake ingredients for 4 minutes at medium speed. Pour into well greased and floured Bundt pan.
2. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 F for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
3. Cool about 15 minutes in pan, then turn out onto cooling rack.
4. Mix glaze ingredients at high speed until smooth and spreadable. Glaze while cake is slightly warm. When cool, top with green sprinkles and cherry halves.

Last edited by Suzy_H; 09-20-2007 at 06:43 AM.. Reason: I said if you have a problem with alcohol and that made me laugh
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 04:31 AM   #169  
Gabfest Goddess

Great thread!! Thanks!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:13 AM   #170  
Crimping Master

Wow. Seeing all these great recipes is not helping with my diet. I feel a need to try each and everyone a couple of times before selecting the one to use this year. TFS your great recipes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #171  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
Orange Chocolate Meltaways

1 package (11-1/2 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup whipping cream
1 tsp grated orange peel
2-1/2 tsps orange extract
1-1/2 cups finely chopped toasted pecans (I use pecan meal - it's ground to
powder)

Coating:

1 cup (6 oz) milk chocolate chips
2 tbsps shortening
or
1/2 - 1 lb. Coating chocolate (I use this)

Place chocolate chips in a mixing bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, bring cream and orange peel to a gentle boil; immediately pour over chips. Let stand for 1 minute; whisk until smooth. Add the extract. Cover and chill for 35 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Beat for 10-15 seconds or just until mixture lightens in color (do not overbeat). Spoon rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and chill for 5 minutes. Gently shape into balls; roll half in pecans. In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate and shortening or coating chocolate (If using coating chocolate you do not need the shortening); stir until smooth. Dip remaining balls in chocolate. Place on waxed paper to harden. Store in refrigerator. Yield: about 6 dozen. ENJOY!

I really want to try making these. How well do they last in the refrigerator? I just read that tangerine skins are so good for you. Do you think that the nutrients are still there after cooking? If so, then they would be good for you and that cancels out the sugar and chocolate, right? LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #172  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Regarding the pretzel rings. I saw this idea on the web last year to use the pretzel rings and coat them with melted green candy coating then decorate with tiny candies. Also make a bow with melted red candy coating and a mold. You could probably use the string licorice and tie a bow and attach with a dab of melted candy coating. My only problem was I can't find the pretzel rings. No one in my area has them and I struck on finding an online source to order from. Any ideas?

I did manage to find tree shaped pretzels in my area and they were fun to coat and sprinkle.
A lot of grocery stores will order things for customers, especially if you want a few bags. We have a Cub locally that will do that. Its always worth checking.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:23 PM   #173  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Orange Chocolate Meltaways

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra CherneyView Post
I really want to try making these. How well do they last in the refrigerator? I just read that tangerine skins are so good for you. Do you think that the nutrients are still there after cooking? If so, then they would be good for you and that cancels out the sugar and chocolate, right? LOL!
I've had them in the frig for a couple of weeks (actually about 3 and only because I hid some! lol). And yes, you are absolutely right! It would most definitely cancel out the sugar. As far as the chocolate goes, I understand that a certain amount is supposed to be good for you too! So there you have it! You can have your cake (actually candy) and eat it too! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #174  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Pretzel rings

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debra CherneyView Post
A lot of grocery stores will order things for customers, especially if you want a few bags. We have a Cub locally that will do that. Its always worth checking.
I actually never thought about asking my local grocer to do that. Thank you for the suggestion! I love trying new things - whether it be a recipe or the decorating. My daughters and I always try at least one new cookie/candy/bread recipe every year for the holidays. And the more decorating/creative you can be with the presentation, the better I like it! Thank you again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 01:37 PM   #175  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Holly Berry Cookie Recipe

Here's a link to the Holly Berry Cookies recipe. The site also has a picture of these. This is the one cookie that all 5 of my children agree is their favorite. They all have others that they like but this is hands down the one they all agree on. Doesn't happen often. lol

http://tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holly-Berry-Cookies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #176  
Matboard Maniac

Well I bought the pkg. of Halloween Oreos ( just a note- you can't see any of the orange so it doesn't matter what color you buy) and made my truffles today. Thought I'd tell the other newbies about this recipe. I made about 75 little balls, but only about 70 of them made it to the dipping chocolate !Mmmmm. I used dark chocolate then drizzled purple colored melted white chocolate over that. Needless to say they didn't last long and they begged for more! These will be fun to put into Christmas paper cups, if I can wait that long to make more!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and keep those great ideas coming.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 PM   #177  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryMimiView Post
Well I bought the pkg. of Halloween Oreos ( just a note- you can't see any of the orange so it doesn't matter what color you buy) and made my truffles today. Thought I'd tell the other newbies about this recipe. I made about 75 little balls, but only about 70 of them made it to the dipping chocolate !Mmmmm. I used dark chocolate then drizzled purple colored melted white chocolate over that. Needless to say they didn't last long and they begged for more! These will be fun to put into Christmas paper cups, if I can wait that long to make more!! Thanks for sharing the recipe and keep those great ideas coming.
They don't last long at our house either. I made them once for a church function and they were the first thing to go. I should have included a warning: ADDICTIVE! Glad you enjoyed them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 02:59 PM   #178  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just remembered another thing that we make for Christmas.

Buckeyes.

I don't have the recipe up here with me (mine makes a LARGE batch) as I'm on bed rest. But if anyone wants it just let me know and I'll gladly get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 03:01 PM   #179  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hate oreos, but LOVE the truffles. They are really good with the mint oreos too, but you need at actually add a few more than whats in the package because the mint package is smaller than the regular oreo package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 03:30 PM   #180  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Buckeyes.

I don't have the recipe up here with me (mine makes a LARGE batch) as I'm on bed rest. But if anyone wants it just let me know and I'll gladly get it.
I've made them but it has been years. They are really good!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 05:10 PM   #181  
Glitter Queen

What an AMAZING thread! I love Christmas...I usually just make pine bark! and of course sugar cookies..(they are my favorite) any good and EASY recipes for those sugar cookies that have candy windows in them? Thanks everyone! now if anyone has a way to get all calories out of all these delicious foods...I'm salivating here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #182  
Die Cut Diva

What a wonderful thread! Subscribing to get ideas.... although the way I'm going, I won't start until the middle of December!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-20-2007, 06:42 PM   #183  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBMarie9View Post
What an AMAZING thread! I love Christmas...I usually just make pine bark! and of course sugar cookies..(they are my favorite) any good and EASY recipes for those sugar cookies that have candy windows in them? Thanks everyone! now if anyone has a way to get all calories out of all these delicious foods...I'm salivating here!
I'll look for my recipe tomorrow and try to remember (key word here) and post it. Now as for the calorie part, it reminded me of something I did for my Mom a couple of years ago. She was having some depression so as part of her birthday gift, I gave her this plain wood block (like AC Moore sells) and tied some pretty curly ribbon around it (had to spiffy it up some) and gave her the following instructions: Place block in the middle of the floor. Walk around it 4 times. Congratulations! You have just walked around the block 4 times. She thought it was the greatest thing and carried it with her everywhere to share with everyone. I was so embarrassed. Anyway - it might work for all of us! (I can dream can't I?)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2007, 09:36 AM   #184  
Mad Swapper

no way this thread should be on page 3 !

have loved the ideas....hope there's more to come!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #185  
Hardware Hotshot

I run a home daycare- I made name plates from chipboard letters (first example in my gallery) and decorated and added some bling to go on them.

I am trying to see- I might make the glass blocks for my neighbors...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2007, 11:42 AM   #186  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Butterscotch Eggnog Stars - My stained glass cookie recipe

2/3 c butter, softened
1 c sugar
1/4 c eggnog (I use commercially prepared)
1 egg
2 c all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt (I don't use this)
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 c crushed hard butterscotch candies

OPTIONAL ICING:
1-1/2 c confectioners' sugar
1/4 tsp rum extract
2 - 3 Tbsp eggnog
Yellow colored sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar; beat in eggnog and egg. Combine flour, baking powder,salt and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture. Divide into three portions; chill overnight.

On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion at a time to 1/4 in thickness. Cut with a floured 3-1/2 in star cutter. Cut out centers with a 1-1/2 in star cutter. Line baking sheets with foil; grease foil. Place large star cutouts on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle 1 tsp candy in center of each. Repeat with remaining dough; reroll small cutouts if desired. Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes of until edges are golden. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes. Carefully slide foil and cookies from baking sheets onto wire racks to cool.

For icing, beat confectioners' sugar, rum extract and enough eggnog to achieve drizzlin consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies if desired. Sprinkle with colored sugar if desired. Let stand until hardened. Yield: about 3 dozen.

Note: You can use other shapes of cookie cutters and other flavors of candy. Also with the icing you can substitutte other extracts. Have fun and enjoy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #187  
Hardware Hotshot

Countryhearts - I'm coming to YOUR house for Christmas.

I will be rolling out.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 PM   #188  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_HView Post
Countryhearts - I'm coming to YOUR house for Christmas.

I will be rolling out.
I'll be watching for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-21-2007, 12:37 PM   #189  
Inking Addict

Red face

Quote:

Buckeyes.

Would love to have your recipe for buckeyes....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2007, 09:47 AM   #190  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeggyHinzView Post
Would love to have your recipe for buckeyes....
I'll have DH bring it up next time he comes up here and I"ll post it for you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #191  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Buckeye Recipe

Buckeyes

1 lb. melted butter or margarine
2 lb. peanut butter
48 oz. powdered sugar
24 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 stick paraffin wax (optional)

Combine butter, peanut butter and powdered sugar in large bowl. Mix well. Shape into balls and place on wax paper lined baking sheets. Let stand until firm (I put mine in the freezer). Melt chocolate chips and paraffin wax in a double boiler. Keep warm over hot water. Dip each ball into chocolate with a toothpick and coat. Place back onto wax paper lined baking sheets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-22-2007, 05:31 PM   #192  
Inking Addict

Wink

tHANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE.... hOPE THAT you are doing well.

Peggy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 08:47 AM   #193  
Inking Addict

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by PeggyHinzView Post
tHANK YOU FOR THE RECIPE.... hOPE THAT you are doing well.

Peggy
avitar is my GD Emily--17months
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #194  
Kookie Creator

Default Sorry you are confined to bed...

Thanks so much for posting your recipe even though you are confined to bed.
I pray that you are up and about again soon, but take care of yourself as long as necessary so that you don't over-do.
This is an awesome thread, except it makes my mouth water BAD!
SuzyQue in Texas
(borrowed from the quirkey card sayings thread).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 12:44 PM   #195  
Rubber Obsessor

I love Christmas and love to decorate our home which was built in 1878. I put up five large trees and several small ones. One of the large trees in the kitchen is decorated with Cinnamon ornaments which makes the house smell wonderful. Here is the recipe: Which calls for no baking.

Mix 1 cup of applesauce with 1- 4.12oz bottle ground cinnamon to form a stiff dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a variety of cookie cutters. Make a hole for ribbon. Carefully lay on a rack to dry. Let air dry several days turning occasionally. Makes about 12 wonderfully smelling ornaments for your tree. Enjoy.
Judluvstostamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 01:52 PM   #196  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess_wittyView Post
Hello, my friend! I actually just use the recipe that comes in the box of low sugar pectin... you can usually find it at Wal-Mart or the grocery store right next to the mason jars and canning supplies. The pectin comes with detailed instructions for everything and also a chart for all the ingredients for a huge variety of different fruit jams. Weirdly enough, we like the low sugar better than the regular. The process is super easy. We don't have any fancy canning equipment; we just cook the jam, then funnel it into 1/2 pint jars, and boil them in large pans on the stove, just like the directions say. We bought the strawberries at the farmers market this year (2 flats), then did all 45 jars in one afternoon... probably just a few hours. Not a bad time investment for getting all those gifts done!

You can always buy a few jars, then make one batch and see how you like it first.
Thank you Jess! By now I'm sure you have had bitty witty!!! Can't wait to see pictures! I think I'll go check your mom's blog now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 05:06 PM   #197  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Subbing!!

Thanks for all the ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 05:47 PM   #198  
Polyshrink Goddess

I was going through my 'records' from past Christmases and was reminded of some of the other cookies we do. They are Apricot Crescents, Cranberry Twists, Oatmeal Cranberry, & Eggnog Cookies (similar to a rolled sugar cookie but with more flavor). If anyone wants these recipes let me know. Also the Chocolate Cinnamon Stars (think I mentioned them in an earlier post) are like a shortbread cookie. They get 'painted' with gold petal dust. Also, wanted to thank everyone else that has posted. You all have such awesome ideas! I may have to stay up from now till Christmas so I can have enough time to try everything! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 06:19 PM   #199  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudluvstostampView Post
I love Christmas and love to decorate our home which was built in 1878. I put up five large trees and several small ones. One of the large trees in the kitchen is decorated with Cinnamon ornaments which makes the house smell wonderful. Here is the recipe: Which calls for no baking.

Mix 1 cup of applesauce with 1- 4.12oz bottle ground cinnamon to form a stiff dough. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut with a variety of cookie cutters. Make a hole for ribbon. Carefully lay on a rack to dry. Let air dry several days turning occasionally. Makes about 12 wonderfully smelling ornaments for your tree. Enjoy.
Judluvstostamp
I've done these and they do smell great. Something else I have done is fill a basket with some of the pine trimmings from our Christmas tree and add white lights and pinecones. Sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves over it and the heat from the lights makes the aroma stronger. Smells great and is super easy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-23-2007, 06:43 PM   #200  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I was going through my 'records' from past Christmases and was reminded of some of the other cookies we do. They are Apricot Crescents, Cranberry Twists, Oatmeal Cranberry, & Eggnog Cookies (similar to a rolled sugar cookie but with more flavor). If anyone wants these recipes let me know. Also the Chocolate Cinnamon Stars (think I mentioned them in an earlier post) are like a shortbread cookie. They get 'painted' with gold petal dust. Also, wanted to thank everyone else that has posted. You all have such awesome ideas! I may have to stay up from now till Christmas so I can have enough time to try everything! ;)
I'd love the eggnog cookies! Could you share that recipe? OOo and the Chocolate Cinnamon Stars! Thanks. The both sound yummy!

Thanks to everyone else for sharing! Love the ideas, keep them coming!
Reply With Quote Likes