Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2007, 04:31 PM   #241  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thank you sooooo much ladies for all the reat recipes and ideas

Wow ladies you gals are awesome.
I have hand written each of these great recipes.

I am creating a recipe book but using 5x9 index cards and i will be stamping on them and adding color etc and then i'm going to punch two holes and place the recipe cards in 2 binder rings. this way i will be able to make this book where it will be artsy and decorative and standing on my counter so you ladies have just added some great recipes to my book that i'm making

I'm making one for me and one for another stamping buddy of mine.

Thak you again for all the great recipes and i know i will be making the wisk one this year and some other of the cookies goodies cause I will begin right after thanksgiving to bake...
I will also be making some stamped gifts
on Face Book also you can find my etsy shop under
Creations By Lillibet
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #242  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default So excited!

The great ideas in this thread are getting me all excited about Christmas! AND it's soon enough to really plan and maybe actually finish some of the stuff I'm thinking about!

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 07:24 PM   #243  
Mad Swapper

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Thanks for the Buckeye recipe

Thanks so much for the Buckeye recipe. My husband grew up in Ohio, and he loves buckeyes. I grew up in Oklahoma and never heard of them before I married him. He'll be pleased if I can surprise him with some of these!

God bless you, Jaclyn, and your family!

Leslie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #244  
Glitter Guru

Does anyone know of a source for the long pretzel sticks? Like the ones they use here: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...DID=xprd305825

I've seen them made up before and sold in stores and craft shows, but I don't think I've ever seen the unadorned pretzels before. I think this would be a really fun & cute gift idea for the holidays!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:45 AM   #245  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrown8301View Post
Actually not sure what I will be doing. DH is deployed and DD is with her dad this Christmas so I will be by myself and it's going to be kind of hard to be in the Christmas mood. I do want to do something for my friends, so maybe that will put me in the Christmas spirit, Subscribing to this thread for ideas.
We will all be with you on Christmas in our hearts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #246  
Stazon Splitcoast

If I am ever off of bed rest before Christmas, I am so going to try a lot of these recipes. Yum!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #247  
Rubber Obsessor

We alsways make Peppermint Bark, Pretzel rings and peanut Clusters- they are all really easy to make

Peppermint Bark
1 pound Almond bark
8-10 Candy canes - crushed
1/8 t. Peppermint extract

melt the Almond bark in the microwave. I start at 45 seconds, stir and then heat in 20 second increments until melted. Add the crushed candy canes and extract. pour on a Jelly Roll pan and freeze about 15 minutes. Break apart into small pieces.

Peanut Clusters
1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag Butterscotch morsels
peanuts

melt the morsels together in the microwave and add peanuts. Drop by spoonfuls and freeze until set.

All of these are so easy to make and I keep them in the freezer until we're ready to eat them. They are good frozen or thawed. I always have to make more by Christmas because everyone sneaks them and by Christmas there's none left.

Jen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #248  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins
Default Round pretzels

I found some round pretzels. If you have a Meijer they have a store brand pretzel that comes in round. I picked some up today. I was so excited to finally find them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 04:57 PM   #249  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by godchickView Post
Does anyone know of a source for the long pretzel sticks? Like the ones they use here: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.j...DID=xprd305825

I've seen them made up before and sold in stores and craft shows, but I don't think I've ever seen the unadorned pretzels before. I think this would be a really fun & cute gift idea for the holidays!
Are these just the long pretzel rods? If so, you should be able to find them at your local grocery store. I also know WM sells them.

We have made these for Christmas - long pretzel rods, dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. Crushed oreos are great sprinkled onto the chocolate.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #250  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by natlholView Post
I found the link for the pretzel ring candies. In my area, Jay's pretzels makes ring pretzels, but the local Jewel (an Albertson company, I believe) also carries a store brand of them. If you can't find ring pretzels, use waffle pretzels (they look like little grids.)

This is from Quick Cooking, now called Simple and Delicious.

http://recipes.quickcooking.com/eRMS...spx?recid=9418

Enjoy!

Helen
I'm quoting myself here...when I was at the store today, I noticed the Snyders calls their waffle pretzels "snaps." Hopefully, this will help someone find a pretzel they can use for the kiss/m&m candy pretzels.

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #251  
Mad Swapper

Almost forgot something else I made last year.

Take the soft peppermint twist sticks and dip them halfway into melted dark chocolate and add sprinkles. The silver ball sprinkles are so pretty on them.

One year we made mashed potato coconut candy. Sounds icky but was very tasty. Tastes like a Mounds bar. Need to find the recipe.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 05:05 PM   #252  
Hardware Hotshot

This thread is making me hungry!!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 06:42 PM   #253  
Glitter Queen

I'm subscribing to this thread!!! I'm so excited to try some of these new ideas.

I'm planning on making homade vanilla this year and some infused vodkas so I was glad to see the website for jars & bottles. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2007, 07:14 PM   #254  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrs_hawkinsView Post
I found some round pretzels. If you have a Meijer they have a store brand pretzel that comes in round. I picked some up today. I was so excited to finally find them.
I don't have one in my area. :( Thank you though. I think I'll be talking to the managers at some of the stores in my area to see if they will get some in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #255  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniesmomView Post
Are these just the long pretzel rods? If so, you should be able to find them at your local grocery store. I also know WM sells them.

We have made these for Christmas - long pretzel rods, dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. Crushed oreos are great sprinkled onto the chocolate.
That sounds like the ones I'm thinking of. I'll have to check out the grocery store and Walmart. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 07:46 AM   #256  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Pretzel Rings

For those of you fortunate enough to locate the prezel rings, there's an idea I came across last year. It's pretzel wreaths. The instructions I found said to use a candy mold to very small bows and melt red candy coating and pour into the molds. When hardened pop them out and set aside. (I think you could probably use red string licorice and just tie small bows.) Melt green candy coating and dip the pretzel rings and place on waxed paper. You would need small red candies to use as the berries (sorry don't recall what type of candy although I would think cinnamon red hots would work.). Place berried on the coated pretzel rings leaving a blank area to attach the bows. When hardened use some melted candy coating to attach bows. Place a dab on the back of the bows and attach to the 'wreaths'. I hope this is clear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #257  
Stampin' Fool

Quote from Stampin_Up_North
Every year I make a homemade ornament of some sort for everyone (I think I'm not going to do that this year though, found out the hard way that they aren't appreciated."

I feel your pain. I don't make ornaments anymore either. My SIL 2 years in a row gave me the ornaments I made her the year before for our ornament exchange. So I don't stress over it and buy her ornament now.

Last edited by sammamishcert; 09-27-2007 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: Sorry not sure how I goofed up the quote thingy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #258  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by godchickView Post
This is an awesome thread!!!

I made these last year and gave them to my family. It was SO easy and made a really cute gift. These are cookies in a jar. Put the dry ingredients in and decorate the jar!

Cranberry Hootycreeks (from www.allrecipes.com)

INGREDIENTS
5/8 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS
Layer the ingredients in a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, in the order listed.
Attach a tag with the following instructions: Cranberry Hootycreeks 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. 2. In a medium bowl, beat together 1/2 cup softened butter, 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla until fluffy. Add the entire jar of ingredients, and mix together by hand until well blended. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. 3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until edges start to brown. Cool on baking sheets, or remove to cool on wire racks.
My uncle calls these breakfast cookies. They do after all have oatmeal and fruit. These cookies are always a huge hit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #259  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

subing for all the great ideas and recipes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #260  
Stampin' Fool

For Christmas this year I'll be doing cards, of course. I always send a variety of cards to my mom, MIL and grandma. I think my grandma keeps them all, instead of sending them, however.

I also bought a kit that makes a hardbound mini (3 x 3) picture album, that I plan to give to my mom & MIL.

MyFriendHope & I made blackberry jelly, that I may give a jar or two away to teachers.

Yesterday I bought a pattern to make coffee sleeves. I'm planning on making a few sleeves and giving them to teachers/aids with a GC in a Starbucks cup. I love to sew & these are super easy/fast to do, especially now that I've got a pattern (no trial & error for the short or grandes).

Everyone in my area is using those .99 grocery bags you get at the checkout counter. So, I'm thinking of buying one of those as a pattern and making some in different colors/fabrics. I like to make Christmas/Holiday pillow cases to use as gift bags. I usually send somebody a quilt, not sure who that will be this year.

Last year I did stamped tile coasters. Huge hit, but now everyone on my list has them.

Several years ago I made cookbooks for everyone. Now I've got a comb binder and won't have to pay for the binding, I may do them again. I've got a lot of great new recipes after reading this thread and several friends have expressed interest in assisting.

I'm also thinking about making beaded earrings & necklaces with my girls. They can give those as gifts to their friends. Girls are sooo easy.

Thanks so much for all of the great ideas. Keep em coming. We've still got plenty of time for a homemade Christmas.

Last edited by sammamishcert; 09-27-2007 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 10:37 AM   #261  
Polyshrink Goddess

I started Christmas cards last night and, as soon as my Papertrey tins get here, I will be making the cute nugget tins shown on Nichole's blog. Gotta love those Papertrey stamps and supplies! I will also be making covered journals for my daughters and nieces and probably covered card tins for my sisters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 AM   #262  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh I just remembered something I made one year and they were such a huge hit and so cheap - uh - I mean inexpensive - to make. I just took cardboard and cut small rectangles (whatever size you like) and stacked two together. I decopauged Christmas wrapping paper on it to make it look like it was gift wrapped. When dry, I used metallic curly ribbon to wrap around it and added on a mini bow. Glue a pin back to it and had these really cut Christmas pins. I still see my friends/relatives wearing them and I still get requests for them. So easy! Hope this can be useful to someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 12:52 PM   #263  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStampView Post
Here is a link to the peanut brittle recipe thread that was actually started 2 years ago. People liked it enough to start up the thread again last year. We make this every year - very easy.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

I just made this recipe for the first time today, its the best ever, I have quite a powerful microwave so did the first cook for 5mins30sec and the second 2mins 15 secs, I didnt want to burn it, boy does it set quickly, i did put my baking sheet in a warm oven which helped quite a bit. I can see me making this a lot.

Thanks so much for posting the link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 01:00 PM   #264  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

wow....all of these ideas are super!
I am gaining weight just reading about them all!

I bought two bags of pretzel rods, one of snaps, and snyder also makes a honey wheat rod that is a bit smaller. I am going to start some for Halloween parties!

Can't wait to try the caramel nut cakes, and the hooties!!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:12 PM   #265  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 169 Likes on 122 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingfun25View Post
Thank you, ebethneu for sharing the Caramel Nutcake in a Jar recipe! It sounds de-lish and I hope to make it this year for gift giving. One question, though, will these pretty much just pop out of the jar when opened and turned upside down, or do you need to run a knife around the edge of the cake?? Thanks!
Anyone have the answer to this question? Wondering how to eat the cake - can you get it out, or do you just grab a spoon and eat it right out of the jar?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #266  
Insane Embellisher

As I am always on the hunt for pretzel rings for Zero the Hero snacks...my Dominicks and Jewel both have them in their store brand...Also found them at Meijers. Great ideas here and it is getting me thinking about Christmas.
Isaiah 40:31
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM   #267  
Die Cut Diva

Talking How to eat your caramel nutcake in a jar!

Sorry I missed the original question!

As long as you use a widemouth jar then yes, the cake can come out easily. You spray the inside with pam and then the cake is moist so it will come out with a little run of a knife around it.

OR if you are inpatient, or as many of the men I gave it to did........just eat it with a fork out of the jar! :p

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:24 PM   #268  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebethneuView Post
I've made the strawbery milk bath too! Only I couldnt find strawberry essential oils, so I used raspberry!

To make it super duper cute, I put the mix into milk bottles! Everyone LOVED them!

The milk bottles were hard to find though, just a warning. But here is a link to an AWESOME site that has fantastic prices for bottles:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/
Does anyone know if the window tins on this website are the same ones everyone is using for the nuggets? They look the same and appear to have the same dimensions as those from papertreyink.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM   #269  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-teacherView Post
As I am always on the hunt for pretzel rings for Zero the Hero snacks...my Dominicks and Jewel both have them in their store brand...Also found them at Meijers. Great ideas here and it is getting me thinking about Christmas.
K-Teacher - DO you teach Kindergarten? My mom teaches kindergarten.. and all year she has a mysterious Zero the Hero that drops of snacks in the shape of zeros. I'd never heard of this before... so that exciting that there's more classes getting Zero the Hero!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:27 PM   #270  
Die Cut Diva

YES!!! The tins are the same........but cheaper! They also have the tea tins, and other tins that papertrey carries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiggger1968View Post
Does anyone know if the window tins on this website are the same ones everyone is using for the nuggets? They look the same and appear to have the same dimensions as those from papertreyink.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 04:57 PM   #271  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

WOW you gals are fantastic. I love all the great ideas you have. Good thing this site welcomes 'casing'.

I am going to do the tiles this year for my 'sister' gifts. Homemades cards, of course. I am thinking about doing coaster boxes for people I work with. Attached is the tutuorial. Tutorials at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #272  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

Forgot to mention that for the coaster boxes instead of filling with candy, I will make them similar to PenelopePitstop great note holder box.

Coaster note holder by PenelopePitstop at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #273  
Embossing Fanatic

Well - this is the first time I have checked around in the forums. I usually go overboard at Christmas with crafts, sewing, baking and candy making. My plan this year was to actually cut back but after reading all the great ideas here I can see that plan is going to go out the window.

Every year I make heating pads with removeable flannel covers to go in the microwave. These are a big hit and everyone I know always want a new one every year. These are especially a hit with the teenagers and young women (great for cramps and muscle aches from sports or just life in general). So easy to make and I put whole corn in them. I have also tried flax and rice but the corn seems to be the most popular. I also usually make an apron for a relative out of an old time Church Ladies Pattern I found at Craft Warehouse. This year my college daughter wants one made from fabric with her college print (WSU) on it.

As far as baking I make banana bread, date bread, cran orange bread and choc cherry bread. Peanut butter cup cookies, snickerdoodles, spritz cookies, rolled cookies and the best of all Peanut Butter Reindeer (very cute and easy to make with pretzel horns and m&m eyes and mouth. For candy I make fudge, divinity, turtles, pecan clusters and the all time favorite requested item - Bourbon Balls. I also have a great recipe for gum drop bread that was my grandmothers recipe - sadly my kids and DH don't care for it and my father passed away last year so didn't make it at Christmas.

If anyone would like one of these recipes let me know. I will be checking this daily to see all the great ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #274  
Stampin' Fool

Oh, I forgot about the heating pads. These are great. Do you know at 34 years of age I just found out to put a heating pad on your stomach when you've got cramps. A lot of good it does me now that I had those parts removed at 30 years old. I've always used rice in mine, but I wanted to try corn. Do you know if the corn holds the heat longer than the rice does? My girls 7 & 9 like to put these in their beds on cold winter nights.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:21 PM   #275  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm not sure if it holds the heat longer but we just seem to like the corn better. It seems to hold a lot of moisture in the corn giving it a moist heat. It is also cheap - I buy it in bulk at the local feed store. I will make a whole bunch of the bags out of muslin then make the removeable covers out of flannel using sports prints, teen prints and even manly prints then I can just grab the right cover and a muslin bag when i need one. I always keep these on hand during the year also and have just used my last one this year for a nephew who had worn his out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #276  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicholeCView Post
Anyone have the answer to this question? Wondering how to eat the cake - can you get it out, or do you just grab a spoon and eat it right out of the jar?
If you use wide-mouth canning jars, the cakes should slip out pretty easily. Then, you can slice them into rounds.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:23 PM   #277  
Kookie Creator

O.k. I don't mean to sound stupid but doesn't the corn pop while you heat it in the microwave? What dimensions and materials do you use for this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #278  
Kookie Creator

O.K. Natalie we must have posted at the same time, you answered half of my questions. What dimensions do you use?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #279  
Kookie Creator

How long (how mant heatings) do they last?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2007, 08:28 PM   #280  
Kookie Creator

That's many not mant
Reply With Quote Likes