Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-30-2007, 07:34 AM   #321  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryheartsView Post
Could you share your recipe for toffee? I would love to try making it!
I would also like the toffee recipe. I plan to make some of these confections as gifts for people at work. We have a whole group that does Stampin'Up so I think they would love to have some of these treats all dressed up in bag toppers or tags! I also found a recipe for Moose Munch, similar to Harry & David's. I haven't made it yet, but I have tasted H&D's brand, & it's delish!

MOOSE MUNCH

12 oz. pkg. chocolate chips or white chocolate chips
1 tsp. crisco
1 box Crunch & Munch caramel corn

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place the chocolate chips and crisco in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high one minute at a time, checking until they are glossy and melted - stir until smooth. Quickly stir in the Crunch & Munch and spread on lined cookie sheet. Cool and break into pieces.

Harry & David's Moose Munch has a mixture of some chocolate covered caramel corn mixed in with plain caramel corn, plus whole almonds & cashews. Here is a picture of their mix:

Here is a picture of Crunch & Munch in case you aren't familiar with it - I think it can be found in the snack aisle of your grocery store and they also make one that is called toffee with a blue label:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 07:49 AM   #322  
Insane Embellisher

Default Mmmm...

Those look so good and can be used as an ANYTIME gift :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 04:00 PM   #323  
Matboard Maniac

To answer Tara's question, a book thong is a bookmark made with a length of waxwed linen, wire or ribbon. There are beads and/or charms on each end. The thong goes between the pages to mark your spot. I have another thread where they have listed the poems that explain what it is and they are hillarious! I am making these personallized for family and friends for Christmas gifts. It has been suggested to put the thong with poem on a card with a Borders gift card or with a book or even with a teabag card set....hmmm wonder what else could I put together-any ideas out there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #324  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, I forgot to tell ya, the thread is in Gen Stamping talk under book thong poems. I will try to get mine in the gallery tomorrow, but there are others in the gallery now-just type in the words.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #325  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will be making caramel corn (first 12 batches go to the cabin with my brothers) and peanut brittle (again brothers get first 8 batches).

Cookies - peanut blossomes, lemon yummies, carrot cookies
Goodies - fluffernutters, corn flake wreathes

Make all my Christmas cards to send out (around 65) and this year, a quilt for my 14 month old grandaughter. I make them their "toddler" quilt the Christmas after they turn one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 06:26 PM   #326  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamschroView Post
I made the peppermint Patty brownies last night. INCREDIBLY DELICIOUS!
I am so glad you liked them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #327  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryMimiView Post
To answer Tara's question, a book thong is a bookmark made with a length of waxwed linen, wire or ribbon. There are beads and/or charms on each end. The thong goes between the pages to mark your spot. I have another thread where they have listed the poems that explain what it is and they are hillarious! I am making these personallized for family and friends for Christmas gifts. It has been suggested to put the thong with poem on a card with a Borders gift card or with a book or even with a teabag card set....hmmm wonder what else could I put together-any ideas out there?
Just a question do you by any chance have a tutorial on that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #328  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MerryMimiView Post
thanks! thats what i kinda thought it was but just wanted to make sure!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #329  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by josh's mommyView Post
Just a question do you by any chance have a tutorial on that?
I love these bookmarks! They need to keep my place better. Here are the directions I have. I got the idea and orginal directions from clognmom I believe. I hope they help.
Attached Files
File Type: doc bookmark thong instructions.doc (47.0 KB, 366 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 07:04 PM   #330  
Matboard Maniac

I just got two of my bookmarks into the gallery tonight, so glad to hear how popular they still are. Such a good way to use up odds and ends for a gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #331  
Mad Swapper

Thank you so much for the tutorial, I have another question, sorry to be so dense but how do you wrap it around the book? do you take it out of the paper?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2007, 11:21 PM   #332  
Mad Swapper

Thank you so very much on the tutorial. Somewhere here in scs I asked what do you do with a bookmark thong, please disregard I know what it is now. I thought it was a card of some kind. LOL
Thank you again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 10:09 AM   #333  
Insane Embellisher

Here is my favorite recipe for Toffee:

2 cups butter, 2 cups sugar, 2Tablespoons light corn syrup, 1/3 cup water, 11 1/2 oz chopped chocolate, 1 cup finely chopped toasted nuts

Line a 15x10x1 baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan, set aside. In a 3 quart saucepan melt butter. Add sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook on medium high to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Clip thermometer on pan, cook on medium heat, stirring often, until 290 degress. Mixture should boil at a moderate rate. Remove from heat. Pour into prepared pan; spread evenly. Cool five min. Sprinkle with chocolate, let stand two minutes. Spread chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool several hours until set. Use foil to lift candy out of pan. Break into piece. Store tightly covered. I really think you do need a candy thermometer because the precise temperature gives it the perfect snap. Also don't make this candy on a humid day or else it will be chewy. This recipe reminds me of the taste of Almond Rocha.

Another of my favorite recipes is Poppy seed bread with orange glaze:
3 cup flour, 2 1/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 Tablespoon poppyseed, 1 1/2 teasp. baking powder, 1 1/2 teasp. salt, 3 eggs slightly beaten, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup veg. oil, 1 1/2 teaspoon of each of the following extracts: vanilla, almond, butter.

I large bowl combine first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased bread pans bake at 350 for 60 - 65 minutes or four mini loaf pans for about 35 min or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.

While they are baking make the following glaze:
3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 tsp each of vanilla, almond, butter extracts. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over poppy seed loaves after they come out of the oven. Let them sit five minutes and then release from pans.

Hope you enjoy these!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 10:56 AM   #334  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ooohhh! Thank you so much! I can't wait to try these!:-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by RikelleView Post
Here is my favorite recipe for Toffee:

2 cups butter, 2 cups sugar, 2Tablespoons light corn syrup, 1/3 cup water, 11 1/2 oz chopped chocolate, 1 cup finely chopped toasted nuts

Line a 15x10x1 baking pan with foil, extending foil over edges of pan, set aside. In a 3 quart saucepan melt butter. Add sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook on medium high to boiling, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Clip thermometer on pan, cook on medium heat, stirring often, until 290 degress. Mixture should boil at a moderate rate. Remove from heat. Pour into prepared pan; spread evenly. Cool five min. Sprinkle with chocolate, let stand two minutes. Spread chocolate evenly over candy. Sprinkle with nuts. Cool several hours until set. Use foil to lift candy out of pan. Break into piece. Store tightly covered. I really think you do need a candy thermometer because the precise temperature gives it the perfect snap. Also don't make this candy on a humid day or else it will be chewy. This recipe reminds me of the taste of Almond Rocha.

Another of my favorite recipes is Poppy seed bread with orange glaze:
3 cup flour, 2 1/4 cup sugar, 1 1/2 Tablespoon poppyseed, 1 1/2 teasp. baking powder, 1 1/2 teasp. salt, 3 eggs slightly beaten, 1 1/2 cup milk, 1 cup veg. oil, 1 1/2 teaspoon of each of the following extracts: vanilla, almond, butter.

I large bowl combine first five ingredients. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased bread pans bake at 350 for 60 - 65 minutes or four mini loaf pans for about 35 min or until a skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.

While they are baking make the following glaze:
3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/2 tsp each of vanilla, almond, butter extracts. Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over poppy seed loaves after they come out of the oven. Let them sit five minutes and then release from pans.

Hope you enjoy these!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #335  
Crimping Master

I love reading all your receipes.....I don't cook. I hardly know where the kitchen is! How about crafts to make. I'd love to see some new ideas. I have made a set of the tile coasters and a few more things from the gallery. What else do you pro-crafters have up your sleeve?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM   #336  
Polyshrink Goddess

Wink

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconscrapperView Post
I love reading all your receipes.....I don't cook. I hardly know where the kitchen is! How about crafts to make. I'd love to see some new ideas. I have made a set of the tile coasters and a few more things from the gallery. What else do you pro-crafters have up your sleeve?

Too funny! In the past I've done bean bag angels, gingerbread swags out of brown paper grocery bags, flower pot christmas trees, painted canning jars for candle holders, stamped/decoupaged clear glass plates, and painted wooden ornaments and plaques that my dh made. This year I'll be doing most stamping. So far I've done the coasters, a key chain, note cards with tote and a candle. I'll be doing a couple of name frames for my two new grandbabies. I also do handmade ornaments every year for my grandchildren. My adult children are all asking me to give them pancake mix. I grind my own grain and have this wonderful recipe for a multigrain pancake mix and that's the only thing they're requesting. So I guess I'll be working on some kind of basket/gift container to hold the mix and maple syrup. I'll probably also include those little things that you put on your griddle that gives them shapes - hearts, circle, and such. Sorry, the name of them is escaping me - having a senior moment here. I'd love to know what others are doing as I could use more ideas too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 01:02 PM   #337  
Mad Swapper

I'm sorry...I can't find the site for the poems for the bookmark thongs.
Did I miss it somewhere?
This thread is sooooo awesome.
Thank you one and all.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #338  
Stazon Splitcoast

Saw eggnog in the store today and picked some up... going to try the eggnog cookies tomorrow! (just have to keep DH away.... so he doesn't drink it all by then)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-02-2007, 03:21 PM   #339  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by TamschroView Post
Saw eggnog in the store today and picked some up... going to try the eggnog cookies tomorrow! (just have to keep DH away.... so he doesn't drink it all by then)
Wow, it's out already?! On the grocery list it goes...

~Annette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #340  
Crimping Master

Default Surely, not!

You girls can't be drinking that stuff. I have never tried eggnog, but just the sound it makes me gag. Eggs and sugar drink. YUK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 08:15 AM   #341  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by maconscrapperView Post
You girls can't be drinking that stuff. I have never tried eggnog, but just the sound it makes me gag. Eggs and sugar drink. YUK.
Oh good, more for me then !
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 08:35 AM   #342  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by sperezView Post
Oh good, more for me then !
Me Too!!!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 09:51 AM   #343  
Polyshrink Goddess

Really enjoying all the ideas and recipes. I can't find the strawberry essential oil for the milk bath, though. Does anyone know where to get this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #344  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjtstamperView Post
Really enjoying all the ideas and recipes. I can't find the strawberry essential oil for the milk bath, though. Does anyone know where to get this?
You can get essential oils at Whole Foods grocery stores or natural food markets. You want to make sure that it is an oil that can go on the skin, some oils that are sold for fragrance are made for candles and not bath products.

Just be sure to get an essential oil and your fine. Whole foods markets are national, if you dont know if one is near you go to www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Or look for another type of natural grocery store.

Last edited by ebethneu; 10-03-2007 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: wrong URL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #345  
Embossing Fanatic

Wow! So many great ideas!! Can't wait to play!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 02:31 PM   #346  
Matboard Maniac

To MissyTerry or anyone who is looking for the book thong poems- they're in the Stamping Stuff, General Stamping Talk forrum under MerryMimi-book thong poems. A really nice lady-MT nest sent these in and the're perfect for anyone, several to choose from. PM me if ya still can't find it as I have saved them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 02:57 PM   #347  
kraf*T*y mama

Not trying to hijack this thread but since I am enjoying it so much I thought I would post this here to see what you all thought. I am crafty and try to make alot of gifts to help with cost. It has never been a problem until now. My husband's sister is how shall we say A SNOB. She doesn't think I should give handmade gifts apparently. I make jewelry and have made her and other female members of the family several pieces for gifts she is the ONLY one who has a problem with it. Last year I also made the fleece tie blankets and matted photos with other scrap stuff in frames, turned out really pretty actually, and apparently according to her these gifts are inadequate. We also gave their family a large gift card to a resteraunt and the two older children gift cards somewhere local don't remember now. Those weren't good enough either because the were local and not for the larger city about an hour away where I am lucky if I can get my husband to go to a couple times a year! I do use my craftyness to save money but I don't think I am being "cheap". We don't make nearly what his sister's family does. I was so upset about it and these issues have resurfaced here recently that I told him I am boycotting Christmas this year, which is of course at her house.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this???? What did you do about it?

Mama to Kaden, Blake, and Ava

Origami Owl Independent Designer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #348  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by shastessView Post
Not trying to hijack this thread but since I am enjoying it so much I thought I would post this here to see what you all thought. I am crafty and try to make alot of gifts to help with cost. It has never been a problem until now. My husband's sister is how shall we say A SNOB. She doesn't think I should give handmade gifts apparently. I make jewelry and have made her and other female members of the family several pieces for gifts she is the ONLY one who has a problem with it. Last year I also made the fleece tie blankets and matted photos with other scrap stuff in frames, turned out really pretty actually, and apparently according to her these gifts are inadequate. We also gave their family a large gift card to a resteraunt and the two older children gift cards somewhere local don't remember now. Those weren't good enough either because the were local and not for the larger city about an hour away where I am lucky if I can get my husband to go to a couple times a year! I do use my craftyness to save money but I don't think I am being "cheap". We don't make nearly what his sister's family does. I was so upset about it and these issues have resurfaced here recently that I told him I am boycotting Christmas this year, which is of course at her house.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this???? What did you do about it?
That is just horrible and I am heartbroken just reading your post. Fortunately, I come from a very loving family that appreciates every single thing I make so I don't think I have any sassy comebacks for you to say to your SIL. Perhaps you should buy her a book about the TRUE meaning of CHRISTmas???

To me, it takes much more thought and time into creating a special and unique gift to give to somebody. How sad that your SIL cannot appreciate your thoughtfulness and obvious talents.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Good luck and God bless!

Blessed Wife and Mom

Happy SU! Demo since May 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:35 PM   #349  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

I had something similar happen, but it was a T-Shirt that was NOT the brand that my husbands nephew liked. It was one of those screen print shirts. He made a rude comment about it and tossed it aside. He was aroud 10 years old at the time and the mother did not correct him. We did not give this nephew a gift again until his high school graduation. Never said why...just didn't. If they don't like the gifts I give, I won't give it to them. I will not change what I do because of another persons "expensive" taste. If they can afford better, then they don't need me spending my hard earned time and money on them. Perhaps the best gift you could give them is a donation to a charity in their name :twisted: :p Since they are so very well off ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 03:41 PM   #350  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. I also make many gifts for the same reason. I'm a SAHM, have 5 children (1 is physically challenged) and now 3 of those children are married with children. This past Christmas was the first time I have encountered anything like that and it was from my daughter-in-law. My dh believes her to be extremely insecure and nothing I do seems to be good enough. I have spoken with my son and told him I have tried to treat her the same as my daughters but if this isn't what she wants, I will give her a gift card (albeit not very large amount). I said I can give much nicer when I make it or when I shop for it. I've never encountered anyone before snubbing the gifts I choose/make.

As for your situation, maybe you could suggest your family and hers giving something to a charity/needy family in place of exchanging with each other. Sorry, I'm not more help. Please don't let it get to you though. I for one love receiving handmade gifts. The store bought gifts I have received I'm hard pressed to remember who gave them to me or when or for what occasion. Handmade gifts I can recall everything about them. They're extremely special and I feel special when I receive them. Just knowing that person cared enough to put their time/talents into it. You're very special and loving. Don't let this dampen your spirit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #351  
Rubber Obsessor

I want to make all my own Christmas cards this year. I've been saying that for about 5 years, but this year I have the supplies and have set aside some time.

As far as baking I host a cookie exchange each year and I think I'd like to stamp some party favors this year. Or maybe I'll have the gals stamp themselves. I usually have an activity... last year they all made their own chocolate spoons. Year before they decorated their own Gingerbread men. The more I talk the more I like having a cool yet easy stamping project for them to do.

My Splitcoaststampers Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #352  
Die Cut Diva

Received 105 Likes on 56 Posts

For those you wanting to learn how to -can- fruits for making jellies, jams, butters, etc, here is a good, all around website:

http://www.canningusa.com/

It will give you all the basics and recipes, too. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 08:05 PM   #353  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post
For those you wanting to learn how to -can- fruits for making jellies, jams, butters, etc, here is a good, all around website:

Thank you so much for sharing that site. I've never canned before so this will come in handy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-03-2007, 08:12 PM   #354  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Wow! Since she doesn't appreciate your gifts its hard to justify the time to make them. This must make the Holidays so stressful or you. It sounds like she is just a "Brat". I'm sure that there is nothing that their family really "needs" so it must be hard to buy for them. Any chance your husband could get suggestions within a certain dollar amount? I would just say this is your budget and you would like to get something that is needed or requested. You could also mention that if nothing is needed you would be happy to make a donation in their name to ........

Personally, I have always loved handmade gifts. It made me feel special that someone would take the time to make something for me. I'm making a lot of my gifts this year. Coasters, Candles, Baked Goods and ? I'll be buying gifts for my teenage sons and grandsons but they will love some of the baked things as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 05:34 AM   #355  
Crafting. Procrastinating. Caffeinating.

Received 381 Likes on 326 Posts

Tessa,
If she doesn't want anything handmade, just order a small gift card online to someplace in the "big city" or see if Walgreens or Kroger carries a gift card that would be sufficiently grand (in a small amount) and be done with them.

Personally, I would rather get something handmade but no one I know makes stuff for presents. So I'd rather they get me a gift card. My SILs just don't see us often enough to pick out a gift for us, they don't make things, and they often buy really random things. A tiny gift card to Hobby Lobby would be so much better. And would cost them less to mail. ;)

As to the rest of the thread, I'm making lunch tins with card sets, beading jewelry, making candles, putting together spa baskets with lotions and things I got on sale throughout the year and, hopefully, some homemade bath salts or sugar scrubs. Two of my neices just found out they're pregnant so I want to make them sets of baby themed thank you cards. I'm covering oatmeal canisters and other large containers with paper and filling them with cookies or candy for my uncles and am doing smaller tins for my male cousins. The girls are getting jewelry. I have the Papertrey Holiday Treats set so I want to do nuggets and just whatever else we have time for. If I ever come up with a template I like for the pages, I want to make my SILs birthday books using my BIA along with a list of ALL the family birthdays. (No one has them all right now.) So I need to get to it! I want to be done with everyone that has to be mailed by early November. I do buy for my nephews and brothers. I just can't think of anything cool to make for teenage/early 20s guys. Maybe next year I'll learn to knit.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t always spoil the good things, or make them unimportant. - The Eleventh Doctor
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:28 AM   #356  
Inking Addict

congrats on the blessed event.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 07:45 AM   #357  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts

I too like homemade gifts. I believe Christmas can really get out of control. It is not about how much you spend but what you give from the heart.

I have 3 sisters and for awhile we exchanged gifts by rotating families each year, but as our children got older it became more expensive, and so we have decided we will send gifts to the children just on their birthdays. As for christmas we give 'Sister' gifts to each other which is something small, but usually homemade. One sister has sends us a different Christmas ornament each year which we look forward to hanging on the tree.

Now on my InLaw side I have given a couple presents to my SIL only to have them given back to me as a present the next year. I think it is so funny. I don't know if she did it on purpose or not, but I just make treats for her now.
Not worth getting offended about.

Good luck with your situation.

As for the rest, thank you so much for all the great ideas! We are doing a Christmas Candy/Treat exchange at our church and I am so going to use some of these wonderful and fantastic ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 08:01 AM   #358  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

My sister-in-law is the same way. In fact I never knew until a couple of years ago that she always pulled my husband aside after gifts were opened and asked him what I purchased for my niece and nephew on MY side of the family to make sure I didn't spend more on them than I did on her children!!! I really used to have so much trouble shopping for or figuring out what to make as a gift -- I worried so much about whether the person would like, needed it, already had one etc. Then watching Oprah one day (isn't she great??) she mentioned that she finally realized and accepted that if she is giving a gift to someone in the spirit of truly giving then she had no right to worry about or wonder what that person would do with the gift and whether or not it would be appreciated or not. You have no control over that. You can only do your best to do what you truly feel would be a nice gift for the person and let it go!! I continue to make homemade gifts for my family and my husbands family. They all seem to appreciate the thought and effort put into each item I make. I continue to make items for my sister-in-law because it really is a no-win situation. If I give her something handmade - I am being cheap in her eyes. If I do not give her something handmade and I have something handmade for everyone else - she feels slighted that I didn't take the time to make her one too!!! Some people you just can't please - so don't stress over trying to please them!!!!! Do what you want!!!! I'm sure everyone else truly appreciates your thoughtfulness!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 08:06 AM   #359  
Die Cut Diva

Received 74 Likes on 64 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampindoeView Post

This is a great website I have used it before and love their step by step instructions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #360  
Crimping Master

Quote:

If you enjoy making gifts, I would continue this tradition. I personally enjoy making gifts (not only for monetary reasons but also since I enjoy making the items) and believe that it is better to give then receive. I think something that is homemade is much more personal than something store bought.
Reply With Quote Likes