Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #41  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the idea of Primas in our colors..and in the got Flower? bottles how pretty would that look on a shelf!!!!! and great advertising to boot.
Brads in all colors would also be great and in quanity (hense why I don't purchase them now).
I really like the DEMO ONLY ORDERING: (my sister and I demo together)

To be able to get Designer Series paper to use for a scrapbooking class but don't have to buy 10 packs.
Also being able to buy the hodgepodge separately for class use (another reason we don't demo it unless we got it with a kit)
Buying brads and eyelets in quanity of one color.
Just a few suggestions but I'm sure there could be much more that DEMOS could use in bulk that don't currently get demo'ed.

~~Kate~~
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 04:35 PM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

I love it when they add accessory sets to things we already have. An example would be Loads of Love. There are soooo many untapped possiblities for sets to go with that. I would love to see more and more wheels that go with sets too.

They need more punches like the scallop punches and unique ones like Word Window.

They outdid themselves with the Thyme Christmas paper. I have never bought SU paper before but have gone through 4 packages of that. They need to do more in that area.

How about a set for new grandparents? My friends are now so excitedly announcing expectation of grandchildren and I would love to see something along that line.

We need a true cranberry color that is a deep red. The Cranberry Crisp was a great disappointment as were most of the other colors with the exception of Carribean.

More retro stuff too, please!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

Teeny tiny alphabet sets to fit words on a card.
A stamp with 7 or 8 dials on it and the alphabet on each on so you could spell whatever you wanted and it would line up.
Mix and match stamp sets with different sayings and pictures and you pick out a set of 4 or 6 or 8 or however many you want.
A holiday eyelet set with pumpkins, christmas trees, stars, etc...or at least cute shaped eyelets and brads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:53 PM   #44  
Mad Swapper

I want the non-demo magazine!!! I love my demo and have really no desire to demo myself right now, but I want more ideas!!! Luckily, I have SCS to help me out (:

I want to see even more paper, a variety pack of neutral cardstocks, more organdy ribbon, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

subscribing! great thread, but I don't have time to read it right now!! I'll be back later. Someone should mail this to SU! corporate headquarters!!

MY GALLERY

"Do Not Take Yourself too Seriously.... No One Else Does"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 06:49 PM   #46  
Kookie Creator

Ditto to all of the above plus I'd like to see a CUTE turkey...something cutesy for Thanksgiving. And I certainly hope the Christmas stamps in next year's catty are much better...I didn't really care for any of them this year...although that just opened up my options in other areas! And some better St. Patty's day, and more Sympathy. Unfortunately, we all need that from time to time. And I agree there needs to be more for the male species. I have more trouble coming up with masculine cards, either for little boys or grown men.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:32 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I would love to see a non-demo mag with progressive cards for different experienced stampers. ie: use the same set (from a mini) and do a simple, intermediate and advanced techinuqe card. Something similar to the inspiration pages. Just use the same card...one plain and one with extra bells and whistles.
I love the fruit family color idea, but I am not looking forwards to having to replace all my markers and pastels if they change the color families.
I would like to see some demo supplies in bulk. There have been comments before about the cost of offering this to us and the problems it may cause with demos selling this things to customers, but they don't have to offer everything. From HH pick 1 piece for each color....maybe a clip from pewter, a ribbon slide from antique, and a word window from polished. Same with the paper. Just pick one design from a few of the packs. It may not be our favorite one each time, but it would be something. I know I don't use the DS paper in workshops because it costs too much to use it for a big group. They could set up a place on the demo site when a new mini comes out to let us vote for our favorite of the papers in the pack to offer to the demos in mass quantity for hte duration of the mini.
Adhesive in discount for bigger quanities of the refills.
I like the idea given before for the sentiment set buffet. I would like to see a sentiment set in each mini with words only for that time of year.
I also LOVE the idea of the alphabet set on a wheel so you can write whatever you want. If the powers at be are reading this...be sure to leave a blank on the dial so we can put a few little words together.
Bigger punches--whale of a punch size
More die cuts to go with the DS papers. Like the tin in the winter mini.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #48  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
A new color family called Fresh Fruits it would include:
  1. Cranberry Crisp
  2. Wonderful watermelon *new color*
  3. Ripe Raspberry *new color*
  4. Sassy Strawberry *new color*
  5. Apricot Appeal
  6. Tangy Tangerine *new color*
  7. Only Orange
  8. barely banana
  9. Green grapes *new color*
  10. pefectly pear *new color*
  11. blooming blueberries *new color*
  12. perfect plum
Don't forget Luscious Lime. I SO want them to bring that color back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #49  
Hardware Hotshot

I was really tickled to see some of the new background designer papers, and also the simply scrappin' sets this year. I would love to see this expanded even more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 07:58 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I agree with all of these, also love the idea of a charcoal grey paper, and keep at least some of the new in colors, the cranberry and the cool caribbean, those I have bought more paper of just so I have them. Also the stitched ribbon, I simply adore that, love to see it in more colors, and not just the packages of 2 yards of 5 different kinds, I use much more then that of only one type of ribbon. I love the ribbon period! LOL. Have not done the hodgepodge hardware yet, as I know I will get sucked in and want it all!
Agree with all of the above and LOVE the Fresh Fruits CS idea, and bigger punches, and individual hodgepodge hardware pieces in pack of 25 or 50 to replace what you use the most of, and... OK, that's enough for now...

oh, wait, how about Grandma/Grandkids stamps, and more cute animal sets like Wild About You but with farm or woodland creatures, and more main stamp with accessories sets (e.g., a train (similar to the pickup) with circus animals, and other "stuff" to fill the cars)

I'm finished now, really...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:14 PM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

A pack of assorted neutral papers like the naturals, confettis, etc.

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love all the ideas!!

I wish there was a "in-color" ink spots set, would love to see more scrappin' kits.
Replace ruby red with cranberry crisp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #53  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

lots more ds papers, bashful blue grosgrain, more "trendsetting" accessories, more chipboard shapes, more scrapping kits ( I know, we sell stamps! but the kits are awesome!)
I am also for a demo supplies section, and the magazine for customers. CM has one I think!

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 09:40 PM   #54  
Hardware Hotshot

condolence / APOLOGY that says 'I'm sorry' , there have been only two in 4 years, I think...mini messages and so sorry in the winter mini...

I APOLOGIZE might be nice too; husbands do need to raid the stamproom sometimes...

I would like the option to re purchase the starter kit, booster kit to have one on hand to show in a basket, or to use at classes.

I would like to buy the french sayings as well as the english set, as an option. I have doubles of so many images now!
I don't want to trade them, I would rather have the option of just not doubling up!
I'm buying almost the whole Winter mini in both E and fr ! Argh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:28 PM   #55  
Gallery Gazer

wow great topic! I liked what Karen said about fair Canadian pricing its sad that I could buy from the US and get it all cheaper!
I would love to see the ink for wheels in sets. like ink spots. I would like to get all 12 colours of a set for my jumbo wheel for a cheaper price then buying them one at a time. I also liked the thought of more boyish stamps. like snowbaording, skateboarding ect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #56  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
by bigger you mean wider, rather then longer, or both? You do know how to take the original one and make it into a longer tag, right?
I am sure it is old news to others, but here is a post about it, I took some pictures to show folks how to make it longer, it is post number 12
How to Make A Tag Longer

Hope this helps someone
Wow I had never thought of that. Thanks for the tip and I will definitely be trying that! I do really wish they had one that is wider too though. I like BIG tags :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 11:29 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ellibelle
Love all the ideas!!

I wish there was a "in-color" ink spots set, would love to see more scrappin' kits.
Replace ruby red with cranberry crisp.
But I like ruby red :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 11:34 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappintica
I love the idea of Primas in our colors..and in the got Flower? bottles how pretty would that look on a shelf!!!!! and great advertising to boot.
Brads in all colors would also be great and in quanity (hense why I don't purchase them now).
I really like the DEMO ONLY ORDERING: (my sister and I demo together)

To be able to get Designer Series paper to use for a scrapbooking class but don't have to buy 10 packs.
Also being able to buy the hodgepodge separately for class use (another reason we don't demo it unless we got it with a kit)
Buying brads and eyelets in quanity of one color.
Just a few suggestions but I'm sure there could be much more that DEMOS could use in bulk that don't currently get demo'ed.
Okay I am LOVING the prima idea! I also wish that I could find a really cute shelf to put in my stamp area to display my cute primas I already have. They are so pretty in the jars alone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #59  
Die Cut Diva

Location: In a hostile frozen wasteland...waiting for spring!

I so love the idea of being able to buy hodgepodge peices separately. I was just saying that to my sister the other day. I have a box in pewter...and its great to start...but it would nice to replace just the bits that you use up!

That designer paper from the spring mini...can't remember the name. I love love love it. I will be sad when my two packs run out. I love the papers from the new winter mini too. I will be stocking up on that. Keeping that would be nice.

Keep Cool Carribean I agree with that too

I know I will think of more...but its the middle of the night and I'm at work and I can't think of anything else
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 04:40 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels
Lightbulb

would love to see a beginers pack too such a good idea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 04:52 AM   #61  
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 402 Likes on 243 Posts

Scalloped punches, definitely.

Also like the idea of a tea set with pretty cups, lacey napkins, fancy, fru-fru stuff.

I agree with an earlier poster's comments about Anniversary wishes. I know people use various sayings for anniversary, but a smaller, cuter "happy anniversary" stamp, anniversary wishes, some more items along those lines.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 07:58 AM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

One of my absolute favorite products from SU is their gingham ribbon. So please, please give me more! We need a dark blue, purple, a dark green, and maybe an orange. And give us stitched ribbon in the colors that are staying around. And I use the color Rose Red more than any other - I need some ribbon to match it!
I'd like to be able to purchase brads separately in the same colors as the hodgepodge hardware. I use the brads out of my kit more than anything else.
I say this every year - I'd really like a 4th of July set, with fireworks, flag, and other patriotic stamps.
And please give us a decent Thanksgiving set, with a turkey, cornicopia (might not have spelled that right) pilgrams, etc.
And wouldn't you know it, as soon as SU comes out with a soccer set that I like, DS decides he's tired of soccer and has moved on to swimming! So thank you SU for the great soccer set, but now I also need a swimming set.

That's all I can think of for now, I also agree with everyone who says bring everything in the Winter mini, and keep cool carribean, I love that color, and unlike the other in colors, there's nothing that comes even close to it.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #63  
Crimping Master

Just.One.Thing

A Halloween set with a Halloween cat in it. Not demonic, but not cutesy. Best Fiends - no cat. Booglie Eyes - no cat. Home is ... - no cat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieber
And wouldn't you know it, as soon as SU comes out with a soccer set that I like, DS decides he's tired of soccer and has moved on to swimming! So thank you SU for the great soccer set, but now I also need a swimming set.
LOL!! You are too funny! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 07:43 PM   #65  
Hardware Hotshot

I would like to see more designer papers and I love the idea of demos being able to buy them in bulk.

I am not fond of the wedding sets they have. I think they are lacking something. I'm not sure what, but I'd love to see a more sophisticated set. (I think I want more sophisticated. )

I also think an anniversary set would be nice.

Lots of good ideas here...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #66  
Matboard Maniac

I'm a new hobby demo - I'd love to see a magazine, a new ballet set (elegant but not too grown up), more male, manly men type stamps, more inside the card phrases, the scalloped punches would be great. And ditto on so many of the other great ideas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 AM   #67  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by PH in VA

Remember in the 2005-2006 Winter Mini catalog SU offered the Everyday Celebrations set as a "stamp buffet", where they had 8 stamps available and each customer was able to choose the four s/he wanted for a set of 4? I would *LOVE* to see SU offer this for the three All Year Cheer sets. I don't want or need all 36 of those stamps, but I could easily pick some from each of the current AYC sets to make my own set of 12 stamps that I would use.
This would be HUGE! I have sooo many sentiment stamps and hardly use some but use others to death. To pick and choose from those sets would be wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 04:36 AM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

I NEED a promotion/ retirement set that has a sophisticated look.

An apology set would be nice.

I NEED a set that is not so cutesy about getting healed. Something that can be used for a male recovering from injury.

I also want a few military sets!!!!!

I never did give anybody hell. I just told the truth and they thought it was hell.

Harry S. Truman
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 AM   #69  
Die Cut Diva

Mandy, this is genious!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
I will keep whining about my 'wants' until I see them in the catty.

Colors: Time to get rid of some oldy moldy colors and make way for new trendy colors.

A new color family called Fresh Fruits it would include:
  1. Cranberry Crisp
  2. Wonderful watermelon *new color*
  3. Ripe Raspberry *new color*
  4. Sassy Strawberry *new color*
  5. Apricot Appeal
  6. Tangy Tangerine *new color*
  7. Only Orange
  8. barely banana
  9. Green grapes *new color*
  10. pefectly pear *new color*
  11. blooming blueberries *new color*
  12. perfect plum
By moving some out of other color families, it would make room for the *in colors*, and maybe even add a few other new colors. I wouldn't mind seeing orchid opulence, pale plum, gable green, and summer sun be retired.

I would also like to see more ribbon, more trendy accesories, and more patterened paper.

As for stamps---I would like to see more alphabets, cute animal stamps, LOTS more snowmen stamps, and more greeting sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 04:54 AM   #70  
Die Cut Diva

I would love:
-the designer paper from the minis to make the big catty (how will I live without the cool halloween paper?)
-I can hardly wait to see what the new IN colours will be!
-More gorgeous Scrapping Kits
-buy HH seperatly (Maybe I only want spiral clips...I'd buy them 50 at a time!)
-I like the suggestion the first poster had about the winter words sets in different fonts. I too think it would be great with scrapbooking as well as cards.
-A normal (not cartoony) pet set.
-8x8 (or 9x9) scrapbooks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 04:58 AM   #71  
Die Cut Diva

I would also like a grown up, sophisticated wedding set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cammystamps
I would like to see more designer papers and I love the idea of demos being able to buy them in bulk.

I am not fond of the wedding sets they have. I think they are lacking something. I'm not sure what, but I'd love to see a more sophisticated set. (I think I want more sophisticated. )

I also think an anniversary set would be nice.

Lots of good ideas here...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 05:49 AM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by karendombroskie
I would like to see....fair Canadian pricing....and unmounted stamps (like TAC)... and textured cardstock.

Rock on Sister!!!! I'm so with you on the pricing. My sister lives in Minn. and I get so jealous when I see her catty and compare it to mine!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #73  
Insane Embellisher

I am getting way too excited just reading everyone's great ideas!!! I loooove the idea of the Fresh Fruit colors and I agree totally with all of the following:
variety of neutrals
charcoal
manly sets
apology sets ("sorry I kicked you while inserting my foot in my mouth " (don't act like I'm the only one out there...at least I hope not....)
Anniversary
DEFINITELY the grandparents sets

AND--what about aunts and uncles/nieces nephews (new aunt here)
Pastor/wife appreciation
An old country church set, realistic looking
I also would like a realistic wedding set
going off the jewelry craze: a jewelry set (you "rock", you're a real gem, diamond in the rough (for that co-worker who always makes you smile)
The healing/prayer one would be great...I'd like people to know I'm praying for their healing more than "get well soon" and "thinking of you"
And I'll mention again the running sets, and maybe tennis. (teens girls do more than just shop and talk on the phone and cheer, even those sets are totally cute!)
and please please the adhesive at bulk discounts.
more accesories with the loads of love
okay, that's it. So HOW much longer til the new catalog?
Hope everyone has a great day, Victoria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #74  
Insane Embellisher

One question, kind of random: has anyone else noticed that the new violet shows up SUPER dark and looks almost black?
Victoria
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 09:56 AM   #75  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Hodgepodge in small packets of things like 6 small rectangle frames, 6 lg oval frames, 50 brads.... Chrcoal greay would be perfect! Scallop punches, primas, get rid of all brass stencils and the light table. Cheaper adhesive like a special double sided tape on a dispenser. 8 x 8 woudl be a big seller, especially with coordinating paper sets.
I am gonna stock up on the "in colors" from this year and then get next years too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #76  
Die Cut Diva

I'd like a line drawing background scene of the mountains and/or the ocean. HUGE so you could do a whole card front with one stamp. I can fake the forest with Lovely As A Tree but the beach/ocean is much harder. Backgrounds like that would make great fast masculine cards, especially teamed with sets like the line drawings of Noble Deer, Song Birds, or even Seaside Sketches. Everyone loves more backgrounds, right!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 12:37 PM   #77  
Die Cut Diva

I love the Fresh Fruit idea. I would like to see more "buffet" sets so I can pick just what I want & not have to have stamps that I would never use. Nice animal sets - not cartoonish - there are way too many cartoonish sets now. I would also like to be able to get eyelets & brads in the colors I want rather than in sets of colors. I also don't like the kits - too expensive, and many of them have items in there that I already have. I would have loved the Country Blessing set, but with all the other stuff added, it was just too expensive. HH sold separately - another example of a kit you have to buy with things in it you may not want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 12:56 PM   #78  
Die Cut Diva

Big scalloped punches in all sizes and shapes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 02:31 PM   #79  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I've only read the first page of replies so far, but I need to leave in ten minutes. I love several of the ideas I've seen here.
The scalloped punches are so popular, I would love SU to have them with their easy to use punch! I also would love to see the stitched ribbon in more of their colors. I'm thinking maybe a card with 6 colors of stitched ribbon from bold brights, etc. That way it wouldn't take 3 years to buy all of them.
The only thing I can think of right now in a stamp set is a new Jewish set with the December holiday spelled Chanukah. It's just what I prefer.

I am another one who wishes they would have markers in the in-colors. I know I am going to stock up on cranberry paper. I just love it!

Oh, I love Joan's idea of the polka dot ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2006, 04:14 PM   #80  
Die Cut Diva

I love the ideas mentioned here. I would love to get HH sold individually, not as a set. I also want a sentiment that says I'm praying for you. I have the others (I'm thinking of you or Get well), but they don't represent what I really would say (too impersonal). Brads in all colors sold in the color groups, earth elements, bold brights, etc... Why didn't they make the markers for the In Colors also? I know I'd have gotten them! I agree with getting a better wedding stamp set. I too find they are missing something. I would like to see a native american stamp set, but not cutesy, has to be realistic. I want a stamp set with cars that look cartoonish, like the movie 'Cars'. That's about all I want for now. I'm sure my wish list will change as time goes by! Great topic for a thread!
Reply With Quote Likes