Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:48 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What does SU Dormant List mean exactly?

I'm a brand new demo of 9 days!!! I have the SU Dormant list, and I know it means you can still order these products even though they are not in the SU catty, but does it mean they won't be in the next one? As a new demo, I need to build up my current stamp sets, and I didn't want to buy something that wasn't going to be in the next catty if I knew it wasn't going to be in there for sure.

Can anyone explain this list to me? Thanks.

Mary
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryTHutchinsonView Post
I'm a brand new demo of 9 days!!! I have the SU Dormant list, and I know it means you can still order these products even though they are not in the SU catty, but does it mean they won't be in the next one? As a new demo, I need to build up my current stamp sets, and I didn't want to buy something that wasn't going to be in the next catty if I knew it wasn't going to be in there for sure.

Mary
Unfortunately we do not know for certain if the items on the dormant list will be available next year. They will, however, be available to order until the next catalog year which goes through next July so they are still good fro alomost a year. Also, there are also no guarentees that any stamp set shown in the current catalog will be available in the next catalog, so if there is a stamp set on the dormant list that you really like and will use, then my advice is to go ahead and order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Hey Colleen we must have posted at the same time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:12 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

You never know what will be retired until the list comes out next year. Even if it is in the catalog now does not mean it won't retire next June.
The dormant list is availble for purchase until next June. It is very possible that all of those sets may retire but we won't know for sure until next May.

Hope that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 05:56 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Last year Inspired by Nature was on the dormant list, this year it's back in the catalog. You just never know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The best advice regarding buying stamp sets (regardless of whether or not they are on the dormant list or in the catalog) is buy the stamps you LOVE the most. If you love them, you will use them and be happy using them. Don't buy stamps you don't really love just because you think they will be around the longest.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-26-2009, 03:04 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryTHutchinsonView Post

Mary
Welcome to the wonderful world of being a demo, Mary! Have you applied for access to the demo forum yet? You'll find a wealth of helpful information there as you start your brand-new business!

As others have said, there are likely some brand-new stamp sets in the main catalog that will not be around next year so don't let the fact that something is "dormant" sway you if you really love it! :mrgreen: Even before the two-catalog system that we had for a while, there were "one catalog wonders" that only lasted a year before they were retired.

Owning a few items from the Dormant List that you can actively demonstrate to your customers is a good thing! After all, we know too well from other facets of our lives that out of sight often means out of mind. You may meet a new stamper who isn't familiar with past catalogs, or spark the memory of a seasoned stamper who may have had one of those items on her wish list but forgot about it.

Go ahead and purchase what you really like and know you will use regardless of its status, and your enthusiasm will do the rest!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes