Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-22-2008, 05:51 AM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clean the cases with an alcohol soaked rag. Works perfectly on mine.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 06:34 AM   #42  
Inking Addict

Not sure if any of this helps you feel any better, but since others have had leak issues, I wonder if perhaps in the travel to Japan the leaking became worse or, perhaps one leaked particulary bad and did so over others. Looks like quite a few were covered in wet pink ink? She may not realize how bad they were when your received them because they weren't that bad when she put them in the package? Also, if cleaning them off doesn't work, I wonder if coating the outsides with clear nail polish will seal in the inks to make them usable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 07:53 AM   #43  
Pearl-ExPert

Merry Christmas! You have a wonderful attitude! Have a wonderful holiday with your darling daughter!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 08:02 AM   #44  
Glitter Guru

First, I am so sorry this happen to you and I would be livid under the circumstances.

Since you are now stuck with these spots, if they are juicy and the ink is good, perhaps you could clean them up with alcohol or magic eraser, remove the nasty labels with some goo-gone and relabel the ink pads so you can use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 09:20 AM   #45  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow! That the seller could sell something in this condition....how awful! I would beb so mad I would do all I could to get my money back. Mods, credit card, paypal...whatever it took. I am so sorry this happened to you. I would have been happy to sell you my craft ink spots. I have all four families and I dont believe I have opened more than one of the spots. they are all still in their plastic in the nice little hinged boxes on the shelf. I dont think I will ever use them. What color family are you missing...because you have already had an awful experience, I would be happy to just RAK you the missing set...bless your heart...I hope it all works out. Please pm me your address.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #46  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
Wow! That the seller could sell something in this condition....how awful! I would beb so mad I would do all I could to get my money back. Mods, credit card, paypal...whatever it took. I am so sorry this happened to you. I would have been happy to sell you my craft ink spots. I have all four families and I dont believe I have opened more than one of the spots. they are all still in their plastic in the nice little hinged boxes on the shelf. I dont think I will ever use them. What color family are you missing...because you have already had an awful experience, I would be happy to just RAK you the missing set...bless your heart...I hope it all works out. Please pm me your address.
Blessings.
Wow Amber! It's people like you that do such kind things from the heart that make SCS wonderful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:48 AM   #47  
Inking Addict

I just wanted to update you guys really quickly. I was able to talk to a moderator, but she informed me that they would be unable to help my situation because the stamp spots are a current item so they should not be sold on the B/S/T forum, only traded. That is my own fault, I knew that might be the case, but I have often seen ink up on that forum for sale without being removed. I didn't double check the rules because the seller had stated in her post she was going through so difficult financial issues and I knew money was what she needed, not any stamp sets I could trade her. I totally understand the mods position.

Paypal sent me a message that said "We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality."

So I guess I am out $40. While I do not want to pass the sellers name on, I think it is fair that I do as I have given her a chance to respond to the situation and she has not responded to my emails (and I have checked that she has been on). She has not made an effort to refund any money. So only in the interest that others do not go through the same thing, her name is ***

I hope you all can learn from my mistakes and will have lots of good experiences over on the B/S/T forum. I know I have gotten so many great things over there and I will continue to use it often, but I will definitely stick to the rules like I should have in the first place.

Last edited by TexasGrammy; 12-26-2008 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: removed identification of member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:55 AM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

I only read the first few posts, but my thoughts are as follows.
I used to buy things here and there off of ebay. Since then, I became a hobby demo (like you) and have come to realize that people are not not always honest on there, and that quite a few SCS resent ebayers.

I would chalk the whole thing up to experience, forget the money, and only buy from myself from now on. As you said, you could have added some items and gotten free shipping. I say "take advantage of what SU offers, and forget about ebay."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:33 AM   #49  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
I only read the first few posts, but my thoughts are as follows.
I used to buy things here and there off of ebay. Since then, I became a hobby demo (like you) and have come to realize that people are not not always honest on there, and that quite a few SCS resent ebayers.

I would chalk the whole thing up to experience, forget the money, and only buy from myself from now on. As you said, you could have added some items and gotten free shipping. I say "take advantage of what SU offers, and forget about ebay."
My understanding is that the OP bought them here, not on Ebay. I've bought lots of things on Ebay, and I haven't had any problems. I've also traded and bought items here on SCS and haven't had any problems. There are good and bad traders and sellers everywhere, so I don't condemn everyone because of the actions of a few. This seller handled the situation very badly, and you have every right to warn others. I hope you are able to salvage some of the inkpads so that your purchase isn't a total loss. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:39 AM   #50  
Mad Swapper

I didn't read all the posts but was wondering...if most of the inks are usable and you can clean up the boxes why don't you use some address labels, stamp a little design on them in the colour of the ink and attach them to the box. Write the colour name on the label as well. Then you could at least have a cleaner looking box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:07 AM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbeeView Post
Someone was trying to sell those?!?!? Those, my friend, are give - aways!
Have to agree... selling in that condition without proper disclosure is nasty. I know times are tough but the seller should be ashamed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:17 AM   #52  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftygirl04View Post
I didn't read all the posts but was wondering...if most of the inks are usable and you can clean up the boxes why don't you use some address labels, stamp a little design on them in the colour of the ink and attach them to the box. Write the colour name on the label as well. Then you could at least have a cleaner looking box.
I am trying to do this actually. Some people gave me some tips suggesting things I could do to clean them up. I bought the magic eraser thing. Maybe I was confused about what to do with it, but I did try to erase the ink stains which did not work at all. Then I just started peeling the entire labels off. I tried scrubbing and scrubbing the lids with hot water, sponges, and soap to get the sticky residue off with no luck so I will have to see if I can find Goo Gone at the store to help with that. We don't have a printer so I will have to come up with a different way to distinguish the color on the new labels I write.

I will find a way to make them more useable...I'm hoping to avoid spending much money on that process though. It will take a good chunk of time to gt it all done (with a 10 month old I don't have much free time to play except at night when she is in bed which is usually when I am busy vacuuming up the graham crackers she crushed all throughout my house during the day).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 AM   #53  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftygirl04View Post
Ahh, nevermind. I just reread this. I am sure I have a small heart shaped stamp or something else small that would fit perfectly on these boxes to help relabel them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:25 AM   #54  
Kookie Creator

I would alert the moderator here on SCS and would also post her SCS info so others will know and avoid transactions with her in the future. It sounds like a shabby deal, since she wasn't truthful about the condition of the ink spots. If you are this upset about it, complain where it may do some good for others. Try the moderator first -- more than likely they will contact this member and see if anything can be done to your satisfaction. If not, then post the members' User ID so this won't happen again. You have been wronged -- I don't think you should be afraid of exposing the person who did this. I know I would. You paid good money and were short-changed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 AM   #55  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkidokiView Post
I tried scrubbing and scrubbing the lids with hot water, sponges, and soap to get the sticky residue off with no luck so I will have to see if I can find Goo Gone at the store to help with that. We don't have a printer so I will have to come up with a different way to distinguish the color on the new labels I write.
If you don't have Goo Gone on hand, you can use WD40 or even peanut butter! Anything that has an oil in it will work. I used peanut butter on a glass Christmas ornament one time to remove a price sticker and it worked great! Just put a little peanut butter on your finger and rub, rub, rub. The glue should ball up and come off.

After removing the label glue, try using a little detergent to remove the oil and then use Sharpie pens to write the color name on the plastic lid. Good luck and be sure to let us know if you get things working right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #56  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdislandgirlView Post
I would alert the moderator here on SCS and would also post her SCS info so others will know and avoid transactions with her in the future. It sounds like a shabby deal, since she wasn't truthful about the condition of the ink spots. If you are this upset about it, complain where it may do some good for others. Try the moderator first -- more than likely they will contact this member and see if anything can be done to your satisfaction. If not, then post the members' User ID so this won't happen again. You have been wronged -- I don't think you should be afraid of exposing the person who did this. I know I would. You paid good money and were short-changed.
I actually did email a moderator and posted the result of that conversation in post 47. I also posted the name of the seller.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:33 AM   #57  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I actually did email a moderator and posted the result of that conversation in post 47. I also posted the name of the seller.
I did not see that earlier post -- sorry about that. You did all you could and in the end at least you have some of the ink spots and have learned a lesson. Thankfully you are still going to continue to trust your fellow SCSers -- sounds like you just found a bad apple in a huge barrel of bright, shiny apples. Hope things go better for you next time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #58  
Compulsive Stamper

This story is always my worst nightmare when ordering on Ebay- I guess we just expect people to be as honest as we ourselves are. I will say my nephew bought a motorbike off Ebay, borrowed the money and never received. Unable to track down the person and is still repaying the bank loan-of course I would never buy an expensive item as a vehicle but, nomatter what the cost it still is so unfair.

http://iamblessed-carrie.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #59  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 498 Likes on 276 Posts
Default HOW TO GET STICKY OFF

Quote:

I am trying to do this actually. Some people gave me some tips suggesting things I could do to clean them up. I bought the magic eraser thing. Maybe I was confused about what to do with it, but I did try to erase the ink stains which did not work at all. Then I just started peeling the entire labels off. I tried scrubbing and scrubbing the lids with hot water, sponges, and soap to get the sticky residue off with no luck so I will have to see if I can find Goo Gone at the store to help with that. We don't have a printer so I will have to come up with a different way to distinguish the color on the new labels I write.

I will find a way to make them more useable...I'm hoping to avoid spending much money on that process though. It will take a good chunk of time to gt it all done (with a 10 month old I don't have much free time to play except at night when she is in bed which is usually when I am busy vacuuming up the graham crackers she crushed all throughout my house during the day).
Have you got any Avon Skin So soft bath oil, or can you get any (even a little)? A drop rubbed on with a fingertip will take the sticky residue off. I use it all the time for that, and to clean the blades of my scissors when I'm mounting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:33 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would CALL paypal and argue with them. The items you got were not what you paid for "significantly not as described" is the term Paypal uses. Paypal's dispute program is automated so it messed up. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer, you just sometimes have to work for it. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:46 AM   #61  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have successfully dealt with TWO issues lately on EBAY against***. They were VERY unethical. I actually contacted Paypal via telephone and the decisions although in the beginning were in ***favor, they were reversed after a telephone conversation (some emails also so that things were documented) with them laying out ALL the facts that were not able to be presented in email. This might be a good way for you to get your money back. Supply Paypal with a picture of what you got.. It is worth appealing a very wrong decision. I ended up also filing with trust and saftey on EBAY for the lies that were told by the company I was disputing against. Paypal is good to deal with and will allow you to appeal any decision.
Good luck.
Blessings.

Last edited by craftdoc; 12-27-2008 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: TOS violation
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 03:58 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry you had a bad experience with the B/S/T forum. I have personally had nothing but GREAT transactions from here (unlike eBay!). I have to agree, it might be nice to know who is selling less than acceptable stuff, but understand you don't want to cause problems.
Hopefully things will work out for you!!
Jennik
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #63  
Polyshrink Goddess

I think all you can do at this point is hope that she will be kind and fair and at least refund 1/2 the money. I don't think that $30 is worth being known as a poor seller and dishonest. If you don't get any refunds from this seller, I would just look at it as a learning experience and let your next seller know of such issues and ask for photos of what you'll be receiving. I'm sorry you have to deal with this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:12 PM   #64  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzytobiView Post
this seller SHOULD be known to people so she can't swindle more people out of their money... some people just have no conscience.. what she did to you was robbery...
I totally agree...if she knowingly lied to you just to get the money, that's stealing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 04:23 PM   #65  
Matboard Maniac

If you are able to clean them so you can use them, look at the pad itself. If it has any little threads pulling away from the ink pad, trim them. That is what causes the leaking. The ink travels along the thread and leaks out of the plastic case. I have spots and check them after I use them to make sure they're good for next time. I've had a few do this, none since I've been trimming them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:11 PM   #66  
Inking Addict

I'M SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU HAD TO GO THROUGH HER LITTLE SCAM BUT LIKE IT OR NOT I'LL CALL HER OUT BY SAYING WHO SHE IS. EVERYONE IS TELLING YOU HOW TO CLEAN UP HER MESS ETC....NOT ME...I WOULD PUT HER OUT THERE SO NO ONE ELSE FALLS PREY!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

OP, I'm sorry that this happened to you. Check out her recent posts and her gallery (shows her stamping space)...doesn't seem to match up to her 'personal situation' she might have shared with you....Refunding $10.00 *sometime* in January???

I think she's hoping you will forget by then! The money she made for these items is a small price compared to the reputation of a person who seems fairly active here...It's a shame, really.

My GALLERY
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 06:42 PM   #68  
Stampin' Fool

WOWZERS.....those things are a DISGRACE! I think that the seller should be embarrassed that she took ANY $$$ for those! What the heck did she spill on them? She must have had some sort of mishap! I think this is why I always want photos of stuff that I purchase. I purchased the SU! set Bow-Wow on eBay YEARS ago....and she put pictures up of a "friend's set, but hers looks JUST like it". So, like an idiot, I bought it. The wood was almost black, I don't think she'd ever cleaned her stamps after using them, they had a build-up on ink that was WEIRD, AND 2 of the stamps had the rubber detaching from the foam almost completely. Whatever.....I lived and learned. Thankfully they cleaned up and I'm unmounted now, so at least I didn't have to worry about the wood stains and rubber/foam detachment for long! Still VERY strange how some people treat their stuff and STILL expect to get $$$ for it! Weird....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do totally agree that the op was royally mistreated, and I agree that it would be nice to know the name of a seller to avoid, HOWEVER, it is simply against the Terms of Service (TOS) that everybody was supposed to have read to reveal members' names in this manner. Not fun, no. Still, while there might be isolated cases where it would be nice, overall the TOS is what keeps SCS on an even keel.

Please don't put mods on the spot by deliberately breaking the rules. Yes, the op has a legitimate greivance, but it doesn't change those rules in return. Don't "name names" , 'k?

Last edited by MSBetsyZ; 12-26-2008 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: clarifying with "HOWEVER"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The OP should NOT have to clean these spots up and buy other products to get the ink off. It was the SELLERS responsibility to make sure they were sent in good condition.
Shame on this seller for pulling this just for a few bucks.
File a MAIL FRAUD compliant with the USPS. I filed one from a swap I never received back and 3 weeks later several of that did file those complaints received our packages. And yes they were cards so not a great money loss but still she scammed and got away with over $300 in postage and cash for postage.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 PM   #71  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZView Post
I do totally agree that the op was royally mistreated, and I agree that it would be nice to know the name of a seller to avoid, HOWEVER, it is simply against the Terms of Service (TOS) that everybody was supposed to have read to reveal members' names in this manner. Not fun, no. Still, while there might be isolated cases where it would be nice, overall the TOS is what keeps SCS on an even keel.

Please don't put mods on the spot by deliberately breaking the rules. Yes, the op has a legitimate greivance, but it doesn't change those rules in return. Don't "name names" , 'k?
Sorry. I was not trying to deliberately break the rule. I am involved in several message boards for several interests and just do not remember all of the rules. It probably isn't one that stuck with me as I wasn't expecting to deal with a situation like this. Thank you for pointing it out. I can understand why that rule would be needed to keep "SCS on an even keel" as stated.

I cloth diapered my little one for some time and I was part of a forum dedicated to that. We had a rating system over there where users could leave feedback attached to your name. It would be nice if we had some kind of rating sytem here as well. Is there a reason for not implementing this type of system? I have heard it discussed before.
Reply With Quote Likes