Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:04 AM   #81  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmomView Post
It seems to be a trade-off. the new ink pads don't hold as much ink, and give great coverage. Except that coverage uses up ink faster. Net result, having to re-ink more often.

I do like not having to use 1/2 a bottle of refill each time my ink pad needs a boost!

But oh I love having those nice solid stamps show up solid!

If you don't mind being a bit destructive, you can sand your solid stamps for the same effect. I now carry a sandpaper block with me whenever I'm going to be stamping, and sand the heck out of every stamp that doesn't stamp completely solidly. After more than a decade, I finally had enough and now that sandpaper is my best stamping non-human friend.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #82  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 5,943 Likes on 2,207 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by canada gooseView Post
From what I can see there are many SU demos who post here.Why cant they bring this post to the attention of Stampin Up Head office. Surely they would like to know what their customers want, and seeing that this is probably the biggest forum anywhere for stampers, it would seem to me they should take note of what they are missing by not paying attention.
I was just wondering if they will pay more attention to what demos tell them since they have the Apostrophe S business that may meet the younger crafter's tastes? That could be a good thing for us as SU shoppers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #83  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
My biggest issue with many of the stamp sets is that there will be one or two "new" images mixed with several "recycled" images - images that are the same (or similar enough to say so) as previously-released images. I don't want or need multiple flowers or birds or flourishes that are the same - each set should be completely new and unique.
So true, what's up with that? Also, I hate they don't fix problems like the clear mount stamps not sticking when the sticker is applied, and their black ink turned purple for so long, etc.

Otherwise the quality is so high!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2014, 12:44 PM   #84  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I think you mean Recollections brand. That's Michaels brand of stuff.
Yes, that's right. I knew it was wrong! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #85  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by SophieLaFontaineView Post
Another thing I wish not only SU! but all direct-marketing companies would do is offer free or lower shipping if someone buys over a certain dollar amount. Currently it feels like the more I buy, the more I'm penalized by even higher shipping costs. I'd rather take a reduction in shipping costs, than hostess rewards. This, more than anything keeps me from buying a larger amount from any direct-marketing company (including CTMH and other non-stamping direct-marketing companies).
I agree in wishing they would offer free or reduced shipping. My state charges sales tax on the shipping...they have some law that says shipping is a service. So if I make a $125 order, 10% shipping is 12.50 which then brings my total up to $137.50 and then I'm taxed 9% on that so my $125 order becomes $149.88 or just round it up to $150!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2014, 01:25 PM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
I agree in wishing they would offer free or reduced shipping. My state charges sales tax on the shipping...they have some law that says shipping is a service. So if I make a $125 order, 10% shipping is 12.50 which then brings my total up to $137.50 and then I'm taxed 9% on that so my $125 order becomes $149.88 or just round it up to $150!
We get the state sales tax on shipping too, but our state tax is 6%.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #87  
Embossing Fanatic

Does anyone have a problem with clear mount stickers turning sticky on the cream colored clear mount. I have peeled the stickers off but I don't know how to get the sticky off the clear mount. This is my Fresh Vintage set, which I love. I have Goo Gone but am afraid to put on the clear mount, afraid I might damage it trying to get the sticky off. These were store in the regular SU DVD sized cases. I am worried about all my clear mount stamps now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2014, 03:10 PM   #88  
Cardstock Collector

Definitely more photopolymer stamps. I really prefer them, and, while I love the framelets, punches, and color suites, I buy much less from SU now because I prefer photopolymer stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2014, 04:20 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

We get the state sales tax on shipping too, but our state tax is 6%.
Same here in Washington, but ours is 8.9% :( Shipping is considered a "service" and therefore taxable.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjunaView Post
Definitely more photopolymer stamps. I really prefer them, and, while I love the framelets, punches, and color suites, I buy much less from SU now because I prefer photopolymer stamps.
Starting with the new annual catalog, SU will be manufacturing their own photopolymer stamps, so look for lots more this year, yay!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #91  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoboken PaperView Post
100% agree with everyone who said they should release more stamp sets to go with current punches and dies. I purchased the Chalk Talk dies, but there weren't any new stamp sets in the winter or spring mini catalogs. Why not a whole set of holiday tag stamps for this set??? Also, no new sets for the Window Frame dies, only a Sale-A-Bration option for the Deco Label dies and only a hostess set for Hearts a Flutter dies. I haven't seen a whole new set for the Apothecary framelits either. If dies are going to work with only one set, they need to be much, much cheaper.

I also dislike it when a single stamp set requires the purchase of multiple framelits sets and punches. For example, "Label Something" -- stamp set costs $13.95, but it would cost $90.70 to purchase all six punches to go with the set. I currently own only one of the punches that coordinate with this set.

I would like to see more a la carte stamps. I hate to spend $20-$25 to buy a stamp set just to get the 1 or 2 that I like or think I will use. For example, I would love the hello lovely stamp that fits the decorative label punch, but I can't see spending $25 just to get that one stamp. I like the other two sentiments in the set, but I feel like the other stamps in the set are mostly filler.

Like everyone else I do not care for a lot of the "messy" looking stamps in the current spring catalog. I am looking for more stamps that are really special, and more basic sentiment stamps in great fonts or that work with punches/dies. For example, I really like the Merry & Type set.

I would love to see some alphabet framelits that pair with a stamp set. For example, why not come out with Morning Post alphabet dies and number dies or ABC-123 Sketch alphabet dies. This would be so great!

More sizes of the current punch shapes. For example, I see people punching out multiple pieces of a single punch to create a background matte in a different color for the main punched image. Why not just come out with a large decorative label punch and/or a large artisan label punch that would create an 1/8 inch matte for the current punches? This would be so useful and would really extend the possibilities of the original punch.

I would love to see them offer photopolymer stamp sets with INEXPENSIVE matching dies - maybe $9 for a set of 3 or 4 dies. Then I would have a nice bundle to work with for less than $25.

More types of pool party ribbon. A true yellow orange ink and paper -- like Bazzil's Mexican Poppy or Pineapple Bliss or Desert Marigold

Check out Archivers online. Bought a bunch of single stamp + die to match for 9.99. More my price point, and I actually like and use the stamp and die that purchased. I refuse to buy a " bundle" where I'll only use 1/4 of the bundle. A waste.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #92  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 93 Likes on 77 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithjoanneView Post
Check out Archivers online. Bought a bunch of single stamp + die to match for 9.99. More my price point, and I actually like and use the stamp and die that purchased. I refuse to buy a " bundle" where I'll only use 1/4 of the bundle. A waste.
I had to Goggle Archivers to see if the online store is open. It still is!

Very Interesting since all Brick stores are closed!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #93  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post

Leslie, It's cheaper to have an online store. Of course I'm quoting one of the workers from (what used to be our local store)

It's a shame they had to close. I can't see where they were hurting. At least not at our store. It was always busy. We classes. Crop nights. and regular business.

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread post.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #94  
Rubber Obsessor

I could not agree more with sparcl77, because as a hobbyist stamper it has become so much harder to foot by myself the $300 quarterly. My customers have really decreased purchasing no matter how much I present and do projects of their liking. I love SU, but I have been on the verge of becoming inactive and out, because I cannot afford to spend $100 each month to remain active. Other homebase businesses only require demonstrator to order a certain amount, at least once a year to stay active, and even share better discounts. Hope SU considers changing this requirement to retain more of the hobbyist consumers like me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2014, 10:08 AM   #95  
Rubber Obsessor

As I finally got into reading all the posts in this thread I feel much better knowing I am not the only suffering the SU s/h fees, their pricey dies, stamp sets that no longer appeal or are repetitive images from the past, lack of heavier base cardstock, and high quarterly requirement (but small discount) for demos just to name a few. As many here I LOVE their inks and cardstocks, but precisely for all the above I have lost most of my customers and am on pending status for the first time after 10 years. I do not want to leave, but is becoming unreasonable to sustain this addiction I so much love. I hope somehow all this information gets to them and changes occur soon.

Last edited by Njoilif; 04-17-2014 at 10:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2014, 01:11 PM   #96  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm wondering if they have considered things like free shipping over x amount, lower demo quarterly requirements, more product choices, etc. but can't afford to and remain debt free. But I have no idea of their finances so it's just speculation on my part!

It's unfortunate to hear about the demos who are considering dropping due to customers leaving and lack of products that interest them and customers. I wish I had discovered SU way before early 2009.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2014, 09:28 PM   #97  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post

I did the same thing! I had no idea they still had the online store!

Also, while I still love SU, am about 90% SU, it seems they are late to the game
( like a year behind) and come out with "new" ideas after they have been out from other companies for a long time.

I do wish they would be a bit more innovative. They have so much competition and still stay afloat, so they must be doing something right!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 04-17-2014 at 09:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 AM   #98  
Insane Embellisher

Since SU seems to do a color revamp every two years, I wonder if they will be bringing back some of the In Colors again. Replacing some (like replacing night of navy with midnight muse)?

So, I looked through my reinkers and got what I need for my older stye stamp pads.

I agree, if I want stick figure drawings, I can do that - I wish they'd return to their old style of design!

I, too, have emailed SU many times with no response. However, last fall I taught a class with the Secret Garden set of stamps and framelits. I am NOT a demo. When I got home, I realized somebody had actually cut on my base platform. I was sick about this as my Big Shot was only a few months old. I called SU requested they send me a new one and asked how much it would cost. I told the guy what happened. He told me since I was teaching using their products, they'd replace my platform!

Sizzix/Ellison has a 3-year warranty on their Big Shot, so maybe that is why he offered to replace it.

I wish SU would offer a longer warranty on their products like framelits and punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:19 AM   #99  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Stampin' Up! is offering free shipping April 21 to April 25.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #100  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilroyView Post
Stampin' Up! is offering free shipping April 21 to April 25.
I saw that but was confused. It said free shipping on print products or something like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #101  
Matboard Maniac

I agree with others regarding more sets specifically designed to go with the dies and punches.

As a scrapbooker, the other thing I want to see is a way to buy 12x12 cardstock that is more convenient for me. I want to see coordinated CS packs that match the designer series papers. A lot of times I like the DSP and would use it to scrapbook, but it always feels like such a challenge to get 12x12 CS to match. Either a cardstock pack that has at least 2 sheets of 3-4 colors in the DSP, or make the 12x12 cardstock packs that you buy as an individual color more in tune with the colors in the DSP for the year. For example, both Island Indigo and Pool Party are colors used in 4 different DSP packs in the catalog, but neither colors can be bought individually.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #102  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

Quote:

I saw that but was confused. It said free shipping on print products or something like that.
It is on anything, retired or not, big or mini catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 01:21 PM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2View Post
Leslie, It's cheaper to have an online store. Of course I'm quoting one of the workers from (what used to be our local store)
Although that's true, I think that what actually happened, based on the way I read the email, was that the original founders of Archiver's bought back the website from whatever company was responsible for closing the brick and mortar stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #104  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
Since SU seems to do a color revamp every two years, I wonder if they will be bringing back some of the In Colors again. Replacing some (like replacing night of navy with midnight muse)?
I doubt it will be this year since they just did it last year but in last year's they brought back several: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Crushed Curry, etc. And in the previous ones: Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango, etc.
So it's definitely possible!

Quote:

I, too, have emailed SU many times with no response. However, last fall I taught a class with the Secret Garden set of stamps and framelits. I am NOT a demo. When I got home, I realized somebody had actually cut on my base platform. I was sick about this as my Big Shot was only a few months old. I called SU requested they send me a new one and asked how much it would cost. I told the guy what happened. He told me since I was teaching using their products, they'd replace my platform!

Sizzix/Ellison has a 3-year warranty on their Big Shot, so maybe that is why he offered to replace it.
Yep! Same warranty on SU! items made by Sizzix! However, for my customers they just have to call me and I'll take care of it for them instead of them having to call the company.

Quote:

I wish SU would offer a longer warranty on their products like framelits and punches.
They are actually pretty great about replacing items that are defective. Maybe not years and years down the road, but I've had them replace a punch outside of the time they say many times before. I think I've only had one or two issues EVER (in my 6 years with SU!) that they didn't replace because of time but even then, there were some concessions to make the customer or me happy. Really a great company!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #105  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Also, while I still love SU, am about 90% SU, it seems they are late to the game
( like a year behind) and come out with "new" ideas after they have been out from other companies for a long time.

I do wish they would be a bit more innovative. They have so much competition and still stay afloat, so they must be doing something right!
They are a year behind because their catalog is being finished about a year ahead of time. I remember being shocked when they said that they were working on the finishing touches for the next catalog at one Convention when the current catalog had just released!

It surprised me, but the more I learn about the business, the less surprised I am that this is what it takes to keep SU! working.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #106  
Hardware Hotshot

I would love to see them put together a catalog with no flower stamps. lol Seriously, enough is enough!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #107  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithjoanneView Post
I would love to see them put together a catalog with no flower stamps. lol Seriously, enough is enough!
GASP! The end of the world as we know it!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-21-2014, 03:55 AM   #108  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyemmertView Post
GASP! The end of the world as we know it!!! ;)
I'm with you Jana -- although I'd be rich, what type of stamps would I purchase if SU did away with florals? I shutter to think!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #109  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

2 things I have on my wish list:
Bring back the mini library clips! I love them as embellishments and can't find them anywhere else!
Secondly, I would love papers in smaller patterns in 6x6 pads.

Wanda Cullen ~ Dirty Dozen Alumni, On design team for Papertrey Ink, Designer for Color Throwdown and Fusion Card Challenges Cullen-ary Creations[/URL]...my blog HERE'S MY GALLERY[/URL]

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cullenwrView Post
2 things I have on my wish list:
Bring back the mini library clips! I love them as embellishments and can't find them anywhere else!
They sell them at my walmart They are not called "Library clips" though. I think that's an SU thing because if you Google it, only SU stuff comes up. When I go shopping this weekend, I will check and see what the package says. They are in with the colored binder clips and fun post it notes and that stuff. You can also get the mini paper clips in the crafty section where the glitter and such is sold.

Edited: Bulldog Clips!! That's what they are called Mini Bulldog Clips

Last edited by CraftyMel2; 04-25-2014 at 04:28 AM.. Reason: Found the name!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2014, 02:37 PM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

okay, so here's my two cents: Stampin Up! will have a set with 1 maybe 2 really nice images/sentiments in a set along with 3 or 4 other really blah images. I sometimes wish they would offer a build-your-own stamp set once per catalog year just to allow customers to pick and choose the images we would love to build in a stamp set.

Now, I know for supply and storage this might be a challenge, but not really given that SU! produces their own rubber stamps, so this really shouldn't be that big of a deal for SU!

I'd also like it if they would bring back spots - I only work with the spots except for the neutral colors (those I buy full size). But since they are offering the MPP boxes with spots, I'd love an opportunity to BUY STAMPIN SPOTS in colors I don't have!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2014, 04:55 PM   #112  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
okay, so here's my two cents: Stampin Up! will have a set with 1 maybe 2 really nice images/sentiments in a set along with 3 or 4 other really blah images. I sometimes wish they would offer a build-your-own stamp set once per catalog year just to allow customers to pick and choose the images we would love to build in a stamp set.

Now, I know for supply and storage this might be a challenge, but not really given that SU! produces their own rubber stamps, so this really shouldn't be that big of a deal for SU!

I'd also like it if they would bring back spots - I only work with the spots except for the neutral colors (those I buy full size). But since they are offering the MPP boxes with spots, I'd love an opportunity to BUY STAMPIN SPOTS in colors I don't have!
Good thinking re: stamp sets/build your own. I rarely to never buy any set with more then 3-4 stamps, because I rarely/never like more then that in a set. Agreed---won't buy a big set when I'll only use a few stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #113  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalStamper63View Post
Totally agree. I buy the uninked spots elsewhere and make my own with reinkers as they are so nice to stamp with, but it would be much nicer to just buy them directly from SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2014, 02:46 PM   #114  
Glitter Queen

The company name is "Stampin' Up. There is way too much non stamping related stuff(bags, tags decor ect.) They need to go back to their old style. I only found 1 stamp I liked in any of the 2013-2014 catalogs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #115  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I'd like to see....

a self-healing crafting mat that nests inside/on top of the Simply Scored tool. I do tend to buy SUO and sold my SP to accommodate buying the SS tool, but I miss having the mat that nests on top of the SP....would love to see SU! come up with something that works with their scoring board.

I like the idea of the crafting mat, but wish it was 13x13 instead of the size it is in the current catalog.

Hey, maybe SU! can create a crafting mat that nests on top of the SS but make it self healing on one side (with gridlines) and on the other side of the mat make it with the same material as the SU! crafting mat! It wouldn't be all that cost prohibitive either, especially if SU! uses a third party vendor who manufactures the product in China. If it were manufactured in the USA, it may be a bit spendy.....a stamping girl can dream, can't she????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #116  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123View Post
Heavy white CS too!
YES, Yes, Yes PLEASE!

And I wish the clear mount stamps would actually stick to my acrylic blocks!
I know they do if I don't attach the label, but then what is the purpose of using a clear block?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2014, 07:06 AM   #117  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would like to see more stamp sets that work with one current punch or die set as opposed to the sets that require too many punches or dies in one set. I would also like to see individual markers return. As a Canadian I would like to see less difference in prices US to CAD. Its sad we can't shop US Demos cuz its cheaper and we can buy more if its cheaper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2014, 07:17 AM   #118  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetteringMamaView Post
I would like to see more stamp sets that work with one current punch or die set as opposed to the sets that require too many punches or dies in one set.
I definitely agree with that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2014, 08:14 AM   #119  
Matboard Maniac

I absolutely HATE the SU white and off white cardstock. It is way too thin for a card base. I LOVE recollections 110lb. white or off white and it is cheap! 12.99 for 100 sheets or less with a coupon. The artwork on su stamps for the past several years is awful. I am in a su club and required to spend 15.00 or more a month. There are times when it is very difficult to spend even 15.00. The last month I bought a stamp set to use for a gift for a friend. It was way more money that I spend on a gift but she was pleased and I covered my monthly amount. This month I couldn't find anything. How sad. So the money went directly to the demo, but I saved on s/h. I sure wish SU would listen to their customers. But, I think as long as they are making BIG BUCKS they won't be listening to us. By the way, I buy lots of older su stamps on ebay. I just got the Woodland Cottage for the Portraits set. OMG. I love, love, love it. And I have purchased 2 more for stamping friends who saw mine and wanted one. The stamps were around 5.00 with shipping. And since I really didn't like the whole set, I was happy to only buy the Cottage stamp. Anyway, have a Happy Stamping Day. Bobbi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #120  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default SU

I wish they would just sell stamps and inks. I like the older sets and lurking on ebay to find them. I miss the old SU :(
Reply With Quote Likes