Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2005, 01:53 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is you purchasing strategy for SAB?

For demoes and non demos alike:

Are you putting in one large order for yourself or just a small one? Are you putting in several orders over the SAB period? Holding party and/or attending a Party? How many free sets are you planning to get? What are you stocking up on? Will you share what you will be purchasing with everyone here?

This is what I am doing: I am having my own party by putting in a Jan 1 order to get three free sets plus a hostess level one: small script. Then I am attending a friend's party later on in January to get one other free set. ( I'm not getting send a cellebration or gently falling) I hope to be getting: the horizontal slot,Tag Punch Kit, RR and EE classic ink pad sets, Touch of Nature, Wonderful Words AYCIII, Perfect Layers,jumbo wheel, and lots of paper!

What is your Strategy? Please share!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 02:09 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by friendly
For demoes and non demos alike:

Are you putting in one large order for yourself or just a small one?
One large.

Quote:

Are you putting in several orders over the SAB period? Holding party and/or attending a Party?
No.

Quote:

How many free sets are you planning to get?
As many as possible. ;) OK, as many as I can qualify for, depending on how much I spend.

Quote:

What are you stocking up on?
The ones I liked but didn't pre-order. (Only pre-ordered Alphabet Soup).

Quote:

Will you share what you will be purchasing with everyone here?
Do you mean listing what I want to buy or bought during SAB? No.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 02:18 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

I am buying the remaining inkpads and markers of the new colors (I've only bought Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue and Regal Rose so far, so there's a lot to buy!). I'm also stocking up on a bunch of CS that I'm low on (I'd say 8-9 different colors). And I'm getting several BG stamps (Floral, Word by Word, and Cheesecloth). I hope to earn 3-4 SAB sets (not Gently Falling or Alphabet Soup). I'm hosting my own catalog show as I'm not a demo and I'm inviting everyone who's ever said they like my cards to place an order! Plus a bunch of stampin' friends who always buy during SAB. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I earn Island Blossoms but I sort of doubt it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 04:34 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I plan on putting in one big order. I got a SU gift certificate for Christmas and will most of it and hopefully get 3 free sets. My mom is also placing an order so she will get 1 free set. I plan on combining the 2 to orders to get more free stuff - thanks to my mom!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 04:39 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't decided. Because I'm a demo, there is the possibility that my sales will earn me some free SAB or catty sets. So, I can't decide whether to wait and see how my sales go, or just place a 150 order right away because I'm impatient. Also, Valentines is coming and I have no real red cardstock!! So, I think that next week I'll order the tag punch, an alpha set to go on the tags, some cardstock and ribbons and get a hostess set and 3 of the SAB sets -- Alphabet Soup, Celebration, and the Tag one. Unless I change my mind!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 04:44 PM   #6  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Red face

I am going to attend workshops with two different people. I'll probably order enough to get one set at each. Then, I am hosting a workshop (I'm not a demo) and will order more stuff, hopefully making the $300 mark to get the last free set I want.
I am also working on ink pads and markers in the new colors. I will buy a set of re-inkers, which I have been doing one family at a time. Then, I'll order sets from the winter mini, as well as from my wish list from the big catty. (I don't place a big order when the catty first comes out, as many people here seem to, so I still have lots on my list.) I also will be getting some cardstock and things. Every time I go on this site, my wish list seems to grow.;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I preordered 3 sets (Best Blossoms, Send a Celebration and Noteworthy). I just got way too impatient and wanted those sets like now. I am a demo and was planning on placing a small order of like $50 in Jan to get the too terrific tags. I keep debating on whether to get the touch of nature set or not (I just love that flower but not fond of the other stamps) so it's a touch and go for me. I definately will order the heartfelt thanks set and I want that stamp majig thing. I also need some new colored markers and some cardstock. I maybe more of a benefit to place a $150 order and get the 3 sets free that I didn't already order and get the hostess benefits as well. I have a lot on my wishlist so this is still a possibility for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 05:00 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm not a demo. I'm in a hostess 10 group and January happens to be my month. I will probably order $100 in Jan and get 2, (plus my hostess one) and then order my normal budget of $50 in Feb and get another one. My party isn't until the 21st and I'm already working on my wish list.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 06:02 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I am placing one big order with my Christmas money, and I think it will be enough to get 3, and then I'm going to a party early in February. I wish it was instantaneous--you said I want them, and TAH-DAH, there they were.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

One large order and I'm not totally sure what will go on it yet. There's a set or two I'm unsure about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 05:19 AM   #11  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

I plan on holding a big stamp camp at my house. Last year I did really well. I made a pot of soup, then invited everyone I know, earned the top level hostess, got free stamps, bought enough for 2 SABs and earned enough for one more SAB, and had a great time with my demo and friends. Doin it again on Feb 4th, wanna come?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 05:26 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

My very best friend is having a workshop in February, so I will be placing a $100 order. I plan to get Gently Falling and Noteworthy. I recognize that I'm totally in the SAB minority this year - what's up with that?? My demo has been known to pull rabbits out of hats with samples, so I might change my mind!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #13  
Watercolor Wizard

not much I wanted from SAB (surprised me) but I do want the tag set and maybe gently falling after looking at the gallery. I will place an order in January to get those two sets and I think that's about it.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 08:14 AM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Not all demonstrators will do it, but sometimes there will be extra merchandise that can be combined to make an extra $50.00 order. You can give that set away as an incentive for someone to book a workshop, or as a door prize later in the night from the people that placed orders, if the orders are written up in time etc.

You can't always do this - sometimes the items aren't of an amount where you can move things around, but it's worth asking. You may also be able to add a few little things to an order to get it to the next level (as the hostess), rather than order an additional $50.00 yourself. I think demonstrators are more willing to do this when you've already earned all the sets and are getting some for gifts, etc, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 08:24 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 76 Likes on 26 Posts

I'm not a demo. I want one (Alphabet Soup), so am purchasing $50 to get that one. The others I think I can live with out.

Remember, their will be a ZILLION for trade on splitcoast after SAB!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 09:31 AM   #16  
Glitter Guru

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As a non-demo I put in a large order last night for today and will get 4 of the 6 sets. Before 2/28 I'll put in a $100 or $150 order to get the other sets. Normally, I'd have done one $300.00 order together; but we are tighter than usual financially so I could not do that for this year! I've been with SU as a customer since 1996.

Some year's I have a formal SU party during Sell-A-Bration too; but not sure yet about this year! A lot of my friends have gotten out of stamping or not as active as they once were!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm not a demo either. I just sent my demo an email ordering some sets (an alpha, floral BG), the watercolor crayons and a few other items. Came to $150, so I also ordered Noteworthy, Tags, & Blossoms from the SAB set. I originally was not impressed with the Blossoms set but some of the gallery samples changed my mind. I also ordered the small script hostess set. Can't wait to play with my new goodies. HOPEFULLY that will be it for the next couple months...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 11:46 AM   #18  
Crimping Master

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Not a demo. January is my month to host our stampers' club, though, so I'm optimistic about getting 2 of the 3 sets I like at my club.

I'll be purchasing the WWC for myself in January. I'll probably spend $50 at the next club in February and get the 3rd set, but that's TBD.

What I hope for most is for my party to make $500 so I can get the 2 level one sets that I really want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 06:51 PM   #19  
Stampin' Fool

Wow...just put in my order...with all my Christmas money and all the supplies that I will need for my 5 workshops in January/February...$364...I put in the rest to equal $400 so that I could get more benefits and the free hostess gift from the mini!

WOWZERS! That is a ton of money! But if you think about it...I really only spent $150 and I hope to make all of that back with my workshops! WOO HOO!

But I earned 8 sets! I had already pre-ordered 3 so now I have 5 sets to give away at Workshops! I am thinking that I will have a drawing for all those who agree to hostess a workshop! WOO HOO!

Anyway...I am really excited to get my order...markers, color catty, embossing tools! Can't wait!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2006, 11:42 AM   #20  
Kookie Creator

kim, how did you only spend $150 on $400 worth of stuff???
I am thinking of signing up as a demo this month and wanted to know your 'secret'! =)

Anna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2006, 02:25 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstfrommi
I'm not a demo. I'm in a hostess 10 group and January happens to be my month. I will probably order $100 in Jan and get 2, (plus my hostess one) and then order my normal budget of $50 in Feb and get another one. My party isn't until the 21st and I'm already working on my wish list.
Do you only get one for being a hostess or can you get more depending on the size of the "party"? ... because I'm selling retired Creative Memories on the Bay. My goal is for a $100.00 order for ya and there's 8 more people besides us
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2006, 02:40 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

You get one set for each $50 you spend and one set for every $300 at your party...$300 = one set, $600 = two sets, and so on and so on!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #23  
Die Cut Diva

I just submitted an order for Brushstroke Alphabet. Blender Pens and Glossy white cardstock to get Best Blossoms. That spends all of my January money and half of my Feb money. I made a deal with my husband, because I wanted some incentive to excercise and an such a wimp to be outside in the winter. Deal is for every 20 days I walk to and work and back I get an extra stamp set. If I get cracking I could earn Noteworthy as well. Also I'm selling some movies on ebay as well. Well see if I can do it.

"Forget regret or life is yours to miss." - Jonathan Larson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #24  
Stampin' Fool

I only spent $150 of my own money becuase i got $200 for Christmas and my November Commission check was $50. So I spent $250 on myself and then $150 on supplies for all of my workshops for January and February.

My advice is to save up your orders so that you can get a lot of hostess benefits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #25  
Watercolor Wizard

Oh darn, which list do you want???? LOL.... I almost have my January SU club order ready, and planning on spending $100. First SAB set is Best Blossoms. The 2nd is a toss up between Too Terrific Tags or Send a Celebration. Does not really matter because I will end up with them all this year. Sigh... the years I did not do this, I ended up hunting and purchasing the extra sets ...... As for what I think I am getting (always subject to change), well.....let's see:

~ Letterpress or Headline Alphabet
~ Everyday Blossoms Jumbo Wheel (winter mini)
~ Easy Elegance (winter mini)
~ Print Pattern Background
~ Farmyard Jumbo Wheel (recently found Chicken Wire background )
~ 3 ink refills

Now my February order (which I am also trying to figure out) is huge. It is my sister's turn as SU hostess, so big sis is gonna spend at least $200 on her order.

In February, I am going to start collecting some craft ink pads/matching papers in 12 x 12, Artifacts, Quotes to Live By, Musical Manuscript, all so I can start a heritage scrapbook.....

Problem now is two fold:
~ Whether to get a whole family of craft pads or two
or
~ Pick up only Creamy Caramel, Elegant Eggplant, Bravo Burgundy, Chocolate Chip, Perfect Plum, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, and Black

Decisions, decisions......sigh.....now if I could only win a lottery, I could just get it all. To top it off, I host the SU club in March.... and will have to get that one together too (working for Island Blossoms).

Arlene
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 04:36 AM   #26  
Mad Swapper

Arlene I with ya, too tuff to fiqure out what to get first and which items to bump on that wish list! Every time I think I know what I'm ordering I revise it.

One thing for sure I have never purchased the markers so I know I getting those.

Goodluck Arlene.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #27  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I only want 3 of the sets, but can only afford 2 :( So I'm going to have to do some trading after SAB to get the 3rd one. I have a $50 order going in on Friday and then another $50 order going in the first week or so of February.

Both orders have my Watercolor Crayon Club payments included. I'm also getting a couple of wheels and the Easy Elegance and Polar Pals (?) sets from the winter mini. Other than that, just some paper that I need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 08:19 AM   #28  
Insane Embellisher

This month i am hostess for my bi-monthly club So I will order enough to get at least 2 sets, more if my total is close for the Hostess bennies.... than we had voted to do another club next month (we skipped Dec.) so i will order my $50 and get another set in Feb. I have my eye on 4 sets but will take 5 ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-03-2006, 08:21 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to put in one large order and meet my quarterly minimum. Basically my strategy is to purchase the Classic ink pads that I am missing, card stock, and a few stamp sets.
Reply With Quote Likes