Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #81  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Almost forgot one!! A sonic drink holder as a tool caddy. You can even alter it to your hearts content.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #82  
Cardstock Collector

Hi, I am mainly a scrapbooker. I have A LOT of decorative scissors. All kinds. I took a 1 inch x 6 inch by 5 foot piece of wood and drilled holes in it. I attached it to the wall like a shelf. I slipped my scissors into the holes. Now I can see all of them and the pattern that they cut. It is alot better then having them in a drawer like I use to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 06:00 PM   #83  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kewl idea for the scissors! Thanks for sharing that one!

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 08:11 PM   #84  
Insane Embellisher

I use the slacks hangers to store my wheels also. I have a rain gutter mounted on the wall for my ribbon storage- it was a leftover from a remodel project so it os really recycled!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

This is a really great thread. I have several things that I've reused as well. My favorite idea came from somewhere on SCS several weeks ago. I use glasses and mugs to hold my paint brushes; sakura glaze pens; stippling brushes (that's in a small pitcher that I bought at the dime store (you older stampers will remember the dime store); my small scissors, bone folder and 6" ruler; assorted pens and pencils. Then there are the wooden Rockler boxes that I bought which are for drill bits. Took the foam out and it is a great storage. I have 7 of them (4 I bought and 3 my husband made) and I store adhesives, glitter, EP, c'bug folders and other things. I store my c'bug dies in CD cases. Then there's the old yogurt (the 8 oz size) lids that I use for water when painting, color palate, or to put glaze in. The last thing I can think of is the dental floss threader. It's the size of dental floss with a loop and it's kind of stiff and I use it to thread things through holes. Well, I have one more. About 30 years ago my husband made me a 4-drawer jewelry box which he never quite finished. It sat in our basement in Wisconsin for 20 years and one day I asked if I could use it to store my then small collection of stamps. It is velvet-lined and the drawers are just right for storing stamps. Thanks for all your great ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:13 AM   #86  
Die Cut Diva

Wow, there's alot of great ideas on this thread.:-D What I did was bought a couple of recipe boxes to store my alphabet sizzix. The cases that they came in took up way too much space. I also use cereal boxes as chipboard, nuts and screw organizer for brads, snaps, metal alphabets, etc. A big plastic pickle jar and nut jar from Sam's for buttons. My SU stamps are in drawers on their sides so that nothing is on top of each other and I can see exactly what set is where. And this is the best, boardbooks from a thrift store that my kids have outgrown (why pay $7 when I can get them for .69).:cool:

Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:43 AM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smb58View Post
<snipped>
My smaller packages of stamps are on a wooden DVD rack - the kind with 2 dowels that form the "shelve" and a slider to hold them in place.<snipped>
Did you find this rack somewhere recently? I have a similar set up and my friends would love to duplicate it but I purchased it so long ago that I haven't a clue where they could find it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 01:14 AM   #88  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

I discovered that an empty mini DV cassette tape case makes a fantastic block for clear stamps! You can see right through it, it has thin edges perfect for putting those alphabets on and is easy enough to hold and place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:14 AM   #89  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default recycle items

Great Ideas. Thanks for sharing everyone. I will use several of these ideas. I need to get my room organized and more scrapbook ready. I use the Pampered Chef caddy for my scissors and pencils. I also use a multi drawer screw/nut holder for my buttons, I can have a seperate drawer for each color. I also use cans and cover them with wallpaper and tie ribbons to a hair band for matching color and use these for pens, rulers etc. Film canisters are perfect for small punchies, glitter, sand etc. I can hardly wait for my DH to install my closet shelves so i can get it all together with your great ideas. Thanks again. That is why I love this site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:22 AM   #90  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default recycle items

I forgot one, my DH converted a lazy susan style utensil rack (that we got at walmart $3) with a handle so I can take it to crops, the middle section works perfect for holding my drink and I can use the outer sections for scissors,rulers pens and such. It makes finding my tools at a crop so much faster and I know I won't spill my drink or have it sweat all over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:58 AM   #91  
Crimping Master

Many have already been mentioned. Try cutting up an old mouse pad and buy Jumbo thumbstacks to pierce a hole for your brads. Great crop gift to pass out. One mouse pad can be cut in to small squares and tacks come 8 for $1.
I also cut 12x12 pieces from cardboard photo copy paper boxes at work before tossing them in the trash. Helps support my pattern paper and cs.
How about the pizza box for storing paper or completed pages when leaving home and going to a crop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 AM   #92  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2goofyView Post
. And this is the best, boardbooks from a thrift store that my kids have outgrown (why pay $7 when I can get them for .69).:cool:

Tammy

What am I missing out on - what do you do with those kids boardbooks? Do you alter them?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:41 AM   #93  
Pearl-ExPert

I read and heard many times that markers should be stored on their sides, so I have CM containers with one flat side - specifically made for marker storage - but a utensil drawer divider should work great if you have the space for it. Reading this thread with great interest as getting ready to claim the spare bedroom for my crafting...just no stamina or $ to get the job done...Thanks for the good ideas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:47 AM   #94  
Mad Swapper

*I use the plastic tray from a cookie package to store my reinkers.
*My opa's old shallow drawer cabinet that he kept polished stones in (and used to be an old thread cabinet from his store) now holds most of my other supplies.
*My desk is an old police desk, complete with a bullet hole in the drawer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 05:20 AM   #95  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, since you have all the good answers for things here, what can I find or use to (needs to be pretty compact, I stamp in a closet) that I can put my die cuts in. I have extras from when I have to spell or cut something out and keeping them in the little clam shell boxes is too much hassle.

Ideas??????

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:29 AM   #96  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
I use empty SU plastic containers to store pre-printed sympathy cards - the very most difficult cards to make, in my opinion. :(

I print off many copies of different "insides" of cards that I've composed in my card-making program - on white, off-white and confetti cardstock. Then I cut and fold them and put them in the box. I do the different colors so that there will be a matching card base for any combo I use for the card front.

When it's time to send a card, I make a layered card front with stamping on it and then find a pre-printed card with the appropriate sentiment from the box and attach the front to the card. Having the inside already composed and waiting makes these cards easier to get done, with less emotional energy.

What a good idea. Think I am going to try this! I have tons of the clam shells I could put them in. Thanks for the tip!

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 AM   #97  
Forum Fanatic

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_catView Post
What a good idea. Think I am going to try this! I have tons of the clam shells I could put them in. Thanks for the tip!
You're welcome! My new updated variation (as of this week ;) ) on this idea of storing pre-printed cards in the clam shells - have a separate box for vertically oriented cards and another one for horizontally oriented cards. No more searching through the box for "tall or wide"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 07:57 AM   #98  
Glitter Guru

I have not seen my favorite repurpoused item. I stole a pair of hubby's hemostat scissors that he used for doing his electrical work. They work super for tying little tiny bows in that really thin ribbon that you can't get to work with you..lol! You should have seen the look on my doctor's face when she asked me how I got such a tiny bow on the boxes I made for St. Patty's day. I told her hemostats and her eyes just lit up..lol. Guess maybe doctors use them too? <wink!>
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 08:08 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

Yes, doctors use hemastats, too. That's the type of "scissors" stuck to the baby's umbilical cord to keep it from squirting blood. Or they're great for holding onto IV lines, too.

Speaking of which, I have an extra pair in my extra stuff. Guess I'll have to dig them out! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 AM   #100  
Matboard Maniac

[QUOTE=countrycrafter;9124807]Love all these ideas! I just might try the cd storage for my stamp pads...really like that idea. I also use the Velveta cheese boxes to store my ink refills.

I use a cookie sheet for a lap tray, use it to catch all the "flying rubber" when I trim & assemble my new stamps while watching t.v..
Also (I am the queen of cheap) I recently re-organized my stamping room & wanted my shelves to look PRETTY and eliminate the clear storage containers. (You see all the mess inside the container) I re-cycled my Stampin' Up shipping boxes by covering them with "Pretty Fabric" and arranged them on my shelves. I mixed them up with a few new storage baskets...looks so nice! No more see-through mess![/QUO

The boxes sound so pretty! Do you have pictures of your space? I'll be re-doing my craft room and would love some visual ideas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:29 AM   #101  
Matboard Maniac

Default me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by conniemackoView Post
My jealousy ABOUNDS! how could they dream of throwing something like that out!!!!! lucky girl!
I have been trying to get my hands on one for 5 years now. I thought it would be easy since everything is going automated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #102  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGeneralsWifeView Post
Did you glue it together or somethign? And what do you use, like acetate for the positioner? Please share, I haven't decided if I need the stampamajig or not,
Duplo blocks is a GREAT idea -- wish I'd thought of that! My boys have a ton of Legos scattered around...

When I needed a Stampamajig urgently (like, right NOW!) I couldn't find one, so my local Ben Franklin ladies wandered thru the store with me to find a substitute. We ended up with the frame from one of those inexpensive prestretched canvases they sell for oil painting. I took the canvas off and separated the frame into two L-shaped pieces. Now I have two positioners for about $2. I use an old piece of clear acrylic left over from making quilt block templates a million years ago to stamp on because it's thick and stays put against the wood frame, but I think acetate could work too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #103  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
My favorite is an old card-catalog cabinet from a library. Sixty drawers perfect for storing all kinds of stamping stuff. I got it free from a local school that was throwing it out.
I love school surplus sales! I got my "little" (5 ft. x 2 1/2 ft.) stamping table at one - I think it was $2 and it fits two (well, one, really, but if I tidy up I could share....). It's super sturdy and totally easy to clean since it was made to be kid-proof!!!!
I got a bigger one too, but it lives in the garage till we get remodelling done. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #104  
Kookie Creator

Default I love wall paper books!

Quote:

Originally Posted by newmomsjView Post
So many great ideas!

I was also given two wallpaper sample books that I use as dp. It gives a very elegant look.
Wall paper samples also make really nice envelopes too.
(borrowed from the quirkey card sayings thread).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 PM   #105  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Repurposing Items for Storage

I've gotten lots of great new ideas from all of you - THANKS!

I think my favorite has to be my ZAG containers. A friend of mine had nails and all kinds of goodies in his and I asked if he would be willing to part with it -NO (so I went out and bought SEVERAL myself). They are available at Office Depot. Plastic clear front with grey body and handles They have orange dividers that you can rearrrange. And they lock (with a slide lock). My NON-SU inks fit perfectly - all of them - Marvy Matchables, Color Box, Kaleidacolors, etc. I hang them on EVERY door using two wreath hangers each. Have them sorted by different types of ink etc, I've got 8 of them (I hang them on both sides of the door). They are up, out of the way, and easy to find. Pens, brushes, tweezers, exacto, and such that I use alot are in various plastic frosting containers. Easy to find what you're looking for, and they are easy to move from one space to another. Used film canisters - left over glitter (sometimes mixing more than one color as I shake off a card - resulting in beautiful mixes), google eyes, and store bought confetti (once you open those little packages, it's a mess.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #106  
Matboard Maniac

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default repurposed storage items

I love the idea of storing Sizzix alphas in something else. I never would have thought of that. I've got about 10 of those containers full (7 sets of alphas), and they are BIG and hard to move around/store etc. And if you've got the older version, they don't stay shut very well. Thanks for the idea! Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 12:29 PM   #107  
Kookie Creator

I have the old silverware basket from the dishwasher also. My friend wanted one so she started looking for old dishwashers out by the curb when someone replaced theirs. It didn't take long before she found one.
I use a large multi-drawer tool chest from Harbor Freight that my DH bought for me to store my punches. (Yes, I have a bunch!). The only other thing I can think of is I love the little glass jars that pimentos come in. I use one for brads, and keep one handy to use for water coloring...
I'll check back here often.
(borrowed from the quirkey card sayings thread).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 02:53 PM   #108  
Die Cut Diva

Here is one that I forgot, I do a lot of embossing with clear embossing powder and instead of fighting ot get it nicely back in the bottle, I put the entire bottle in a dog food bowl that I bought at Ikea and then after I stamp it I stick it in the bowl, tap it off and heat set it. And its a funky color that matches my room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #109  
Matboard Maniac

There are some great ideas on here!

Here's mine:

I drink ALOT of Crystal Light tea mix (Peach tea, yum yum) and I took the plastic containers it comes in, hot glued them side by side and top of each other, and put that on my shelf to use for storing pens, pencils, small tools etc. Also, I use the containers with the lids, alter with paper, tie up with a ribbon, and use to give friends and family little sweet treats. Also, inside the containers, the actual tea mix comes in these little tubs that I wash and save for holding water, paints, and even those little embellies that can get lost on the desktop.

I had recvd as a Christmas gift a long time ago this wine bottle holder that you put together. It consisted of different size wood dowels that you assemble. Well, instead of assembling the way they suggested, I assembled into a tower that I use to store my spools of ribbon on.

I took large FedEx boxes which we can get for free at work, cut them in half, covered with contact paper, and use to hold paper vertically.

My husband works in a company that does mass mailing for companies and he has access to envelope boxes, those real good sturdy ones sometimes. He brings them home, I cover with contact paper and use them to hold alot of different things, from photos waiting to be scrapped to misc supplies.

I bought an old candy tin at the thrift store and altered with paint and paper and now use it to store my premade finished cards. I cut tabbed dividers out of chipboard, altered with paper, and can keep my cards divided into categories (birthday, anniv, etc.)

I use the chipboard backs off legal pads, notepads, etc. (We go through those alot at work.)

In boxes of computer paper, there's also chipboard sheets at the top and bottom of the paper (this is the kind of paper that has the perforated holes on the side for tractor feeds, yeah, we still have old dot matrix printers at work too!)

To display finished scrapbook pages and cards before filing or sending away, I took a piece of moulding, painted, and adhered to wall with those removable 3m tabs (the kind you use with the big white hooks). I then took clothes pins, the springed kind, and altered with paint and cute embellies. I think glued pieces of velcro to both the backs of the clothes pins and the flat places on trim. I can then still move the clothes pins around according to the size of the item I want to display.

My desk is an old computer desk, took the flimsy back off and attached pegboard for holding tools, and I use the keyboard drawer to hold my paper trimmer and cutting mat.

One last one, I use those small flat rectangular disposable type plastic bowls (Rubbermaid Take Along I think) and just leave the embossing powder in the bowl instead of fighting it back into the bottle. I have one bowl per color (but I don't have that many colors, yet anyway). When I stamp, it's easy to just throw it right in the bowl, and when finished, I put the lid back on, and they stack great.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your favorite repurposed item?-100_0540.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 03:18 PM   #110  
Insane Embellisher

Was just reminded about another thing I use, an old Rubbermaid container with a lid and leave my clear embossing powder right in it. I am also going to purchase enough of my favorite glitter, and that would be SU Dazzling Diamonds and do the same thing since this my favorite glitter! Actually got this idea from my SU demonstrator, Jody, who is the best!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #111  
Die Cut Diva

This is for lcmdws.
Yes, I alter the board books. I had taken a class (involving Disney) last year at the Creating Keepsakes Convention. Afterward I noticed at my lss that they sell blank board books for anywhere between $4 and $9.
Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM   #112  
Die Cut Diva

Default Sizzix Alphabet

The alphabets that I store in the recipe box are the Sizzlets (waffer die). Sorry if there was any confusion.:oops:
Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #113  
Cardstock Collector

I use a shoe bag that hangs on the end of my metal shelving. I store all my punches in the clear plastic shoe pockets. This allows me to organize the punches beautifully and see the contents at a glance! Catherine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 05:16 PM   #114  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a ton of international coffee tins with the plastic lids - any ideas anyone?

My Blog http://crazystamplady.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #115  
Rubber Obsessor

Another re-purposed item ...boxes from laundry soap. I cut down the sides & front, (angle cut) covered with contact paper, & use them to store my idea books & magazines to keep on my shelves. Lots of great ideas...keep them coming girls!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #116  
Insane Embellisher

About 90% of my quilting and sewing tools made the trip across the table to the paper side...a few are rotary cutters, quilt rulers, Teflon Pressing Sheets (non-stick craft sheet substitute), Olfa scissors, all sorts of notions from Clover Needlecraft, Dritz, Collins, and Omnigrid.

I also use lots of kitchen stuff...scrappers, pot scrubbers (plastic or metal), small wisks, etc.

A freebie burnishing tool is the bottle cap from bottled water...has to be smooth to do the job. Here's an explanation:
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com/20...sydoes-it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2008, 10:48 PM   #117  
Compulsive Stamper

Arrow 2 Dozen Repurposeds...from Cat

wow, it must be a requirement to be resourceful if you stamp or scrap! hehe
Here are mine:
1.)My stamp desk is my dad's old tool bench...I just painted the whole thing, right over all the dents and scratches. It has 3 huge drawers and a tool "well" across the whole back. Although he isn't with me any more, he still inspires me from that bench he used to work at.
2.)Those clear acrylic frames with the cardboard liners from the 80's...take out the cardboard and they make great stamp trays. They are about an inch tall. I get all sizes and also use some as supply holders in those 3 tier plastic roll around carts.
Some fit in a wooden 8 track tape holder I have standing on it's side to hold more stamps.
3.) Old pattern markers, the wheeled ones with points, make great holes for faux postage stamps, or faux sewing.
4.) An empty tissue box with toilet paper tubes cut to size and glued in on end make a great organizer for pencils,craft knives,glue sticks,scissors etc.
5.) Kitchen tool caddy, I have two...one for scissors, and one paint and stencil brushes.
6.) I store unmounteds in photo pages in albums
7.) Suitcases! Never used my Samsonite, but now I do! They work awesome for storing crafts when we go camping. Also use the overnite case for stamp parties. Pick them up cheap at rummage sales and have one lace, two for ribbon, one for patterns.
8.) 3 wooden antique cheese crates exactly fit spools of 1/4 in. satin ribbon.
9.) brass stencils store great in a 4x6 photo album
10.) 2 sets of photo albums, 3 to a set, that have the photos you can flip through vertically, store ATC's.
11.) fuzzy paint edger placed on a 5 qt ice cream pail lid makes a great stamp cleaner.
12.) old CD makes a great palette to mix markers, watercolor, or any kind of medium.
13.) I don't bother with walnut ink, make your own with instant coffee.
14.) Awesome Cleaner, sold by Dollar General Stores makes awesome stamp cleaner, It does not contain alcohol. Not only that, it's a great all round cleaner for everything.
15.) Cheap gold spray paint makes a great background paper.
16.) A tunafish can on a coffee mug warmer melts UTEE or pan glue great! Just toss out the can when you're done.
17.) A recipe box with dividers, holds verses for different occasions at your fingertips.
18.) sodabottle plastic makes great beads and embellishments when colored with perm. markers, cut and heated (do in well ventilated area!)
19.) drink coasters and cd's make great books!
20.) The old label makers make cool word embellishments
21.) Save old greeting cards, some are double paper, some have vellum layers, all good for cards.
22.) Save the gold liners from the fancy envelopes some Christmas cards come in....they are GREAT for pretty punching
23.) Aluminum soda cans are easy to cut and make great embellishments, just trace on printed side with ballpoint pen, cut and punch hole. Use silver side up or ink and emboss.
24.) Last repurpose...most ballpoint pen ink will take ep, just write your message, sprinkle with powder and heat.

Hope I came up with a couple new ones;) ;) ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 01:22 AM   #118  
Rubber Obsessor

My scissors handle serves as a great bone folder.

When I'm absolutely certain a ball point pen has no more ink in it, it serves, with my metal ruler, as a terrific scoring device. I can control the pressure to make a shallow or a deep scoring line.

When one of my layers is not completely fastened down, so a little part of it is separated from the base layer, I cut a 1/4" x 2 inch strip from a spare cardstock scrap. I use that as if it were a little "knife" to slice a small piece of glue from my glue stick. Then the tiny slice of glue sitting on the little CS "knife" can be slid right under the rebellious part of the layer that's not adhering properly. Apply a little pressure to the layer (with the knife and glue slice still underneath), and pull the CS "knife" out, and the glue will remain under the layer to fasten it securely. Then the little CS "knife" can be tossed!

Or if I'm not in the mood to cut a little CS knife, I use the tip of my Xacto knife. But then I have to clean off the glue afterwards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 04:03 AM   #119  
Gallery Gazer

These are all such wonderful ideas! The only one that I can think of is that I use those junk drawer organizers to hold my embellishments. I have my primas, eyelets, brads and bling all separated by color. Very easy to grab and go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2008, 05:15 AM   #120  
Matboard Maniac

Oh, I love this thread! I have seen so many new ideas to try! Thank you ladies, and keep those ideas coming. I'm really enjoying this!

I just thought of one more I had. My glass cutting mat is actually a glass cutting board from the kitchen dept. It was on clearance for practically nothing because it had one little imperfection in one side, but it didn't bother me. It had a bumpy side that was actually the top and the underside was really smooth. I took the little bumper feet off the smooth underside (one had fell off when I took out of the pack anyway!) and reglued them to the bumpy side. Now the bottom is the top and great for cutting things with my Xacto knive!

I think it's great how we can all think "outside the box." But then, that's what makes us crafters, right? Our imaginations taking us to new areas outside the normal realm. (Just a nicer way of saying we all think different than 'normal' people!)
Reply With Quote Likes