Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2004, 11:41 PM   #41  
Failed Lurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm shocked! :shock: I saw the title of this thread and thought "that's easy - Taken with Teal, because it's horrible". And yes, some of you agree with me, but LOADS of you are picking on my favourite colours!!!!! Perfect Plum and More Mustard are 2 of my favourite colours, although not together! Just shows that, despite all being totally obsessed with SU and SCS, we are all different!

And, despite never being a pastel person, I now love all of the SS set! I, too, didn't like Blush Blossom (too 80s) until a friend pointed out just how great it looks with Close to Cocoa.

I have to say the Rich Regals are my least favorite family - I just don't think they look good together, although separately they are mostly fine (apart from the TwT, obviously!)

Never thought of searching the gallery for a particular colour - will have to find the TwT samples and see if I can be converted!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 12:17 AM   #42  
Stampin' Fool

I love bright rich colors, so of course I'm one of those likers of Magenta and Teal!

I have trouble with More Mustard. Looks like a baby diaper to me. Can't use it no matter how hard I try.
~Jan #6240

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much and most of all yourself." A. Neilen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 02:12 AM   #43  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

Wow suprised at some of these comments. I am totally a bold brights person all the way, always ordering a color here and there. I use almost all the colors except the soft subtles. They are at the back of my "file" and I seem to just not use them as much.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 02:21 AM   #44  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by granijani
I have trouble with More Mustard. Looks like a baby diaper to me. Can't use it no matter how hard I try.
Try it with black for perfect leopard coordination (In the Wild) or with anything to do with bees - think honey rather than baby poo!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:02 AM   #45  
Hardware Hotshot

Ohhh the BB I can't kep in stock. sOme of the others I don't use as much, but I have tried to make myself use all of them for something at one time or another.
I like the MM with the Mauve Mist it looks really pretty I made a paint can yesterday and used these colors it came out really nice. In fact I went to "M"'s to get somke ribbon and took what I had done and the cashier said that it was the prettiest can she had seen out of all the cans she saw done! :oops:

A friend of mine asked me to do her adoption announcements with the Blush Blossom they turned out really pretty if I find it I will post it.

However Marvelous Magenta and Teal are a bit more challenging to come up with something. ALtho the teal would be good for a watery tropical typeof feel except I can't come up with anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:06 AM   #46  
Kookie Creator

I used my glorious green ink maybe once. Not my favorite. I'd rather use the other greens before GG.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:12 AM   #47  
Gabfest Goddess

LOVE my BB's ... I'm not big on MM at all though either.
Haven't even cracked my EE paper yet!
And I love NoN and Bar. Burg together! They're so perfect for Xmas...

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:20 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

it looks like mint melody has the most yucks... and i have to say i agree. i ordered a whole pack of it over two years ago, thinking i would use it like mad in my sons baby book.. it is missing maybe four sheets.. and they have been replaced by all the multi packs of SS i have gone thru. it is the HARDEST color to use.
after MM, it would have to be the RR. I ONLY use brocade blue out them... however, it is probably my most used color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:38 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

SueW - try Not Quite Navy with Rose Red! They're both "one shade off" kind of colors but look good together.

I got sooooooooooooo frustrated with Bliss Blue, Mint Melody and Pretty in Pink being different shades from pack to pack or from cardstock to alpha accents (hmmm... maybe that's why they're dicontinued?!) that I've buried them in the bottom of my Soft Subtle cs drawer and just ignore them! :P

Maybe I'll host a mis-matched cardstock swap. Everyone could send they're different sheets of Bliss Blue and with w lot of luck, you'd end up with the same number of sheets but they'd all be the same color?! On second thought, I'd probably end up even more frustrated after finding out there are even more shades of that color than the 3+ ones I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #50  
Inking Addict

Mint Melody and Cameo Coral have to be my least used. Teal, Magenta and NQN are some of my most used. Funny what we all gravitate toward!

Going Grey is great to use for stamping and then coloring with chalks. Kind of like poppin pastels, but you get a different llok with the grey under the chalk. Try it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:16 AM   #51  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
Ok....I am chiming in here........WHAT?????? Going grey is a must for water coloring and blender pens!! Makes great shadows and incredible for making images POP out! I was just doing a card today with almost amethyst and going grey. Used the grey to blender pen in the can with the sardines (in birthday banter) Holy Cow!!!! You all are missin' out one some fun stuff! Double stamp a snowflake use the grey then stamp another snowflake in white just offset of it and "BAM" you have a 3-d image!! Blush blossom is another watercolor must!

!
Lisa, I was about to ask what the heck would anyone use gray for, You answered very nicely! I have yet to use the gray and probably never would have, if not for your suggestions.

I don't really dislike any of the colors. I have them all, and they each complement some other color very nicely.

But my issue is: Why even consider black and gray a color? Put them in the same category as white and vanilla and give us 2 more real colors!!!!!

dawn g

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:23 AM   #52  
Mad Swapper

I have to say the 2 plums in soft subtles are my least favorites. Can't seem to figure out what to do with them!! :?
SCS Member #8990

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/karrieg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #53  
Glitter Guru

I do not like Cameo Coral - to orangy pink for me...

While I don't mind the color I found that I had a motherload of orange sheets (I am a BB type of gal) so I forced myself to use orange in a swap I am in so I would use it (used it to make a Birthday card)

I am not really fond of any of the RR colors - except maybe Night of Navy - there are to many shades of blue and I am just not a blue sort of gal....

I haven't tried any of the SS yet - I have on my list to get the Spots and a combo pack... I'll have to force myself to use the Mint melody....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:28 AM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

Try searching in the gallery for the name of your least favorite color.

I really don't like Mint Melody or Taken with Teal either, but looking through the gallery at the cards and pages made with each one gave me great ideas about how to get some use out of those icky colors...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:33 AM   #55  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey ladies...........try NQN with Old Olive!!! that is an incredible combo.
also....I never used mint melody until i saw it pared with bliss blue..... way better. I have seen the marv. Magenta with eggplant......that was nice......but I will still use the marker for now. LOL

yea! sounds like I have some grey converts!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:34 AM   #56  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default least fav color

I RARELY use marvelous magenta-I don't even think I have ever reinked the pad in the 6 yrs I have had it (I have all the ink pads)
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:35 AM   #57  
Kookie Creator

I use blush blossom for the bodies of my paper dolls that I cut out with my sizzix machine. It's perfect! And for watercoloring people in the sketches.

I love pale and perfect plum with mellow moss. And I didn't like not quite navy until I tried it with old olive, it's a really fun/different combo!

But I do have a hard time with mint melody, the teal, magenta, turquiose and most of the bold brights except for real red. I love what I see in the gallery with them, but unless I case it exactly I just can't combine those bright colors right!

Thanks for the idea of how to use the gray! I can't wait to try it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #58  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

Least favorite Stampin Up colors? I have to admit, I was a TOTAL Earth Elements snob when I first discovered Stampin Up, but then fall rolled around and those colors just begged to be purchased.

I felt similar about many of the Rich Regals, but then saw a Trading Spaces where Vern used "Baroque Bergundy" and "Going Gray" colored paint in a room. I had to have them!!

Then, I decided I would never use Only Orange, but found out it's a must-have for spring.

I thought the Stampin Spots would be a waste of time to purchase, then saw them demo'd at Convention.

Bottom Line? NEVER say you don't like a Stampin Up color, or accessory, because then you will SURELY see something that you must have using that particular thing, and have to eat your words!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #59  
Mad Swapper

My least favorite are Mint Melody, Brilliant Blue, and Blush Blossom. Brilliant Blue is just too bright. I never seem to get it to look good with any other color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm with Emlysue!!!

Tempting Turquoise paired with green galore is a favorite of mine.

Just add Fishy Friends and you're in business!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 12:21 PM   #61  
Glitter Queen

Default Wow!

I can't believe how many people have posted that they don't like Mint Melody - it is not one I use very often, but I really like it as a combo with Ballet Blue and White....simple, but fun!

I have to admit, I tend to shy away from almost all of the Earth Elements. I have seen some really great ideas using those colors, but can't seem to come up with many of my own. I am trying though.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 01:09 PM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

this has been a fun thread to read!
for me, my least favorites are not quite navy, taken with teal, and marvelous magenta... the whole 80's, early 90's thing makes me shy away from these.... i am sure each of these colors though would make a great card/project paired with something else so that it does not remind me of the clothes i wore in junior high. i have no particularly negative feelings toward mint melody or going grey, but i can't say that i use them a whole lot either. i totally see the uses for going grey ink pad/marker... but what about the cardstock? :?

:lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 01:29 PM   #63  
Matboard Maniac

i don't like barely banana...you can hardly see it...then again..i don't like much of the SS line. i like the paper but hardly use any of the pads...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 01:30 PM   #64  
Crimping Master

I love Bliss Blue! I agree with everyone about mint melody.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 01:37 PM   #65  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Isn't it funny how there is such a difference from person to person ? Talk about one person's trash, another's treasure!

I use Mint Melody with Night of Navy and white, makes beautiful "sea" cards for Fishy Friends.

I think if you really hate a color, you just haven't seen it paired with another color to really showcase it! I hated Blush Blossom until I got a card from my upline combining it with Brushed Silver-couldn't believe how stunning it was!

Now, that being said, Glorious Green, Sage Shadow, and Orchid Opulence are three colors I still am not doing cartwheels for.

I wonder which colors are the best sellers, and which are the least popular? Real Red has got to be up there in the top three!

Milette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 03:03 PM   #66  
Die Cut Diva

I guess I'd have to say mint melody would be my least favorite color. I don't care much for the shade of green and don't use it a whole lot. Other colors I don't use much are the blush blossom & going grey, but I wouldn't say I dislike the colors; they are just hard to use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 03:13 PM   #67  
Mad Swapper

I don't care for mint melody either... then blush blossom is second on the list. Just do nothing for me. Not my color style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #68  
Polyshrink Goddess

Mint Melody is not a color known to nature. If it were a flavor, it'd taste similar to Kaopectate! :shock:

And, More Mustard IS great with bumble bee stuff...I got the cutest swap at Convention that is MM stamped with Soft Swirls background in MM. A square was punched out of the top/center and then the MM cs was layered onto U.S. Vanilla. In the square is stamped (in MM!) the little bee hive from Mini Mates and a tiny polyshrink bee is glued over one of the bees. It is embellished at the bottom with cream grosgrain, and stamped, "You're Sweet!" in B Blk. Soooo darling! Simple, but one of my favorite swaps!

I agree with the earlier post about SU! not having any TRUE baby pastels...I wrote to them a couple months ago and suggested that they consider offering a good, true baby blue, pink, and green. I wish we had a whisper pink when I do baby girl projects. (For those of you that don't like Mauve Mist, it is a softer look than Pretty in Pink for baby-girly-girl stuff.)

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 06:23 PM   #69  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,042 Likes on 478 Posts

No, No No!! Mint Melody would be PERFECT with an ice cream set and Oh So Sweet. Imagine making a layer of Mint colored ice cream, and stamping it with those chocolate chips! It's a perfect combo for Mint Choc. Chip ice cream. :lol: There is something for everyone, I wish I had an ice cream set that I could make a cute card for, and post it here!!

Debbi
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so I thought I didn't like Mint Melody...then I put it with Night ov Navy and then also with Forest Foliage...mmm it was really pretty! Then I put the Forest Foliage with the Mint with another color I THOUGHT I didn't like,Marvelous Magenta!!! ( I admit I was trying to use up some extra paper at my last two workshops :oops: ) It is funny how long I thought I just didn't like these two colors... I have to say now though that I don't think there is a color I don't like!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 06:31 PM   #71  
Matboard Maniac

Copper!!! I cannot stand anything copper. Or brass. I know these are not normal, but I grew up with tons of copper and brass around the house and I can't stand it!

Oh, and Going Grey and Bordering Blue are up there, also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 07:21 PM   #72  
Insane Embellisher

So interesting....Marvelous magenta is one of my FAVORITES! I love it with Ballet Blue and Barely Banana. I make cards to sell and anything I make with Magenta and Ballet Blue are the first to go.

Oh, and for all of you with the extra mint melody try it with Ballet Blue and Barely Banana. Very cheerful!

Going Grey is great for masculine cards. I'm looking forward to trying the suggestion in this thread for grey shadows.

Blush Blossom and Positively Pink are my least favorites. They are too similiar and too orangey. I would so welcome a true baby pink... I search out and buy non-SU pink CS for baby girl cards!
Anita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 08:05 PM   #73  
Insane Embellisher

It's Forest Foliage that I don't like. Just a little too much blue in it. I too used to dislike MM the most, but then I made a card with Mint, US White and Almost Amethyst. It was crisp and soft and gorgeous. Changed my opinion completely!

Terri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:52 PM   #74  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I'm going with the Mint Melody people. . .and I LIKED Mint Melody when it was a softer color! Of course, I liked Bliss Blue in a softer shade as well, but I've gotten used to it--almost. I can't quite get used to the MM. Also, Brocade Blue is the ONE color of CS that I have NEVER in four years of stamping (and one year as a demo even) ordered! It reminds me of the icky xerox copier colored paper, for some reason. . . Now I've gone through a ton or Ballet Blue, but it has a clear color to it--not a muddy color. I love all of the color families, but at different times and for different purposes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2004, 07:38 AM   #75  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default colors

I have loved reading all the threads on this! I will try Marvelous Magenta w/ some of the suggestions! It's not that I don't like it-it's just not "my" color and I never knew what to do w/ it. I have found uses for ALL the colors except that one. Jenn has made me use orange, reds, & pinks more than ever. I have had to order more tempt. turq due to Lana...so it's fun to see what others like and I love the color combos you have put together!
Debbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2004, 07:46 AM   #76  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I HATE HATE HATE mint melody. For everyone who hates blush blossom, try pairing it up with cameo coral, you will start LOVING it, guaranteed! Also, try using your blush blossome marker or ink pad for faces; its light enough to color skin tones with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2004, 08:09 AM   #77  
Failed Lurker

For all you Mint Melody haters, I've been looking in the gallery for samples and have seen some really cool colour combos!

Mint, Navy and White somebody has already mentioned.
Mint, Ballet Blue and White looks really cool
Mint, Eggplant Envy and White sounds unlikely but looks lovely!

Perhaps we should take up the Mint Melody challenge - let's all make and post a MM sample by next Friday and see if we can start a Mint Melody Renaissance!
Any takers?

Helen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2004, 08:13 AM   #78  
Embossing Fanatic

I agree with most everyone on Mint Melody. That was the color of ALL of the walls when I was in High School. It is ok for baby cards, but that is about it!

I challenged myself to use Marv. Magenta, and it looks really good with Taken with Teal as a layer. I don't think I've ever used either of the pads.

I use Blush Blossom all the time for skin tones (watercolor mostly.) Going Grey is good with Night of Navy and Burgandy for a really sophisticated scheme.

Other than that, I rarely use Glorious Green at all. It is such a vibrant color that I have too hard of a time with it clashing with other colors.

Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2004, 09:47 AM   #79  
The Digi-Freak

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilymomto3boys
that's easy....mint melody and blush blossom.....so light and so not me!
Gotta go with big sis on this one. Dead on accurate. (As always, )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2004, 09:49 AM   #80  
The Digi-Freak

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommakate

then my kids want ot stamp.... out comes the MM and that is THEIR c/s.

:
ROFL! My daughter plays with the Mint Melody stamp pad!!! She's 20 months old, and she *COLORED ON IT* with crayons and a pen.... and I didn't care!!! LOL Any other pad I would have cried!

Reply With Quote Likes