Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2005, 08:20 AM   #81  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampintoo
After all the posts here about it being illegal to post pics, I saw that this Ebay seller has some pics from the summer mini posted. (BTW, I love the monkey set!) Looking at the seller's info, the store has been operating since 2000. So my question is - if the person running the store is not a demo does it make a difference, is it okay? I think if the person was a demo SU would've shut the store down long ago. Are there situations where scanning pics and sending them are okay? Guess I'm wondering because I want to scan a pic of Dino-Mite and send it to my daughter to see if my grandson would like it (I'd buy it for him). Normally I would have done so without thinking twice about it but the guilt factor kicked in after last week's discussions. Any thoughts?

http://stores.ebay.com/Hideelee-Stam...QQftidZ2QQtZkm
I jsut went to this site & the pictures have been removed...hmmmmm
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 08:53 AM   #82  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I jsut went to this site & the pictures have been removed...hmmmmm
Not all of them. On the left hand side there is a list of catagories that she is selling and you'll find one for SU with something like 409 listings. Click on it and you will see that only some of the images have been taken off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 08:57 AM   #83  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherof6
That page is accessible to anyone on Ebay. I just gave a short cut because it was asked for.
That wasn't what I meant. I meant that the rules seemed to be more geared to demos than to the general public.

Hope that makes more sense.

Last edited by StampinMelis; 05-09-2005 at 09:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 09:03 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
If a demo is knowingly supplying someone who is selling on eBay, that's against her contract, and her demoship would be pulled. It's in the contract we sign.
Of course. But it would be very hard to prove that a demo knowingly supplied her. They'd basically have to admit to it.

She's been around a long time and they haven't caught her yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #85  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Ebay is Shady

I saw someone selling the Stampin Up! tote and padfolio that you can only get with Great Rewards Points. I believe that it was up to $39. That is crap!!!

Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 01:50 PM   #86  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 116 Likes on 97 Posts

StampinMelis,
If you read my post on page 2, the page of eBay rules has one line singling out demos, the rest is for everyone.

You are right that it would be very hard to prove if someone was fronting. Especially someone who apparently has quite a network set up. From other threads I've read, if you order, things come from different places. The only way to catch someone would be if - say, I let my sister do the front for me. That would be dumb, of course. But I believe that is why she is still going, too hard to catch.

And I don't really care... the more people know, the less they will buy there. While I am enjoying reading this thread, I can honestly say I'm not upset over it - but only because at my age, I choose not to be upset over things I can't control. If I were on eBay myself, and saw these, I would simply send a note to DS if I saw copyright violations.

I also don't expect SU! to put any more of their money into policing than they have to. I don't want to have to pay more for my stuff because they had to step up enforcement, KWIM?

Peace.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 01:56 PM   #87  
Kookie Creator

Quote from Leah H.

"Right from the beginning we have a keen sense of justice and want the authorities to enforce the rules they make. But Stampin' Up is a private company, and they can wave it off if they want. If it was truly damaging to them financially, they'd take care of it and fast."

Very well said!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #88  
Crimping Master

Quoted from previous message:
"I also find it interesting that the last 27+ FEEDBACKS on her eBay accout were all from the same buyer (nitro923)...all buying SU Products. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

Then all of (nitro923) FEEDBACK comments were all form the seller (hambo19)....all seller stamping products. http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...nitro923<br />"

If you check what that person bought - it was all for individual stamps. Nitro923 probably bought a bunch of individual stamps separated out from their sets and got combined shipping from Hambro19. Then, the feedback was left at the same time for all the items. This is typical with ebay buyers / sellers purchasing multiple items from one person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #89  
Gabfest Goddess

I sent links to several of her auctions to DS with a note saying "these images are against copyright law and several have been lifted from the Demo website...I hope you are successful in shutting down her auctions"

It really irks me! I mean, I'd never earn a cruise, but I know a few ladies who have/can/will/could, and this is patently unfair to them!! Even if she's not a demo, you can bet she's helping earn her demo one!!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 05:21 PM   #90  
Insane Embellisher

Not only is she selling stamp sets...she is also selling accessories! This stinks. This is not fair. If you are as upset as I am please, please, PLEASE let SU know. We need a no tollerance policy for current merchandise on SU.

I wish my customers were like Tendermoments. But with the economy hurting everyone is looking for a cheap way to buy things. Maybe on this particular site the items aren't cheaper...but on enough of them they are and it only hurts the demos who are trying to make an honest living selling SU products.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2005, 06:50 PM   #91  
Pearl-ExPert

just went looking and everything related to her is not coming up anymore. Would love to know if she took it all down or if she got closed down...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #92  
Cardstock Collector

Default Wanted: Tote

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_mad_stamper
I saw someone selling the Stampin Up! tote and padfolio that you can only get with Great Rewards Points. I believe that it was up to $39. That is crap!!!

Tina

Heaven forbid that someone buy something that they want!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 05:52 PM   #93  
Cardstock Collector

Default Conspiracy Theories

If you have them, please share them...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 06:09 PM   #94  
Cardstock Collector

Default Positive Feedback - 99.7%

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah H
What a sweet scam she's got going - over 2800 items this year alone! I'd love to know how she does it. Evil genius?

I also enjoyed reading the negative and neutral feedback she receives. People who have problems with her are "newbies" and she scams on shipping too (shock!). What a b*tch! Before I buy from anyone on eBay, I read all the non-positive feedback. It doesn't matter how many good comments they have, their responses to the bad ones tell you how easy it is to fix a problem. Even if I didn't know her store was illegal I wouldn't buy from someone that b*tchy.
I just checked out her seller profile - she has a positive feedback of 99.7%

If you had to bet your life, do you think your feedback from your customers would be higher than 99.7%?

Is there any chance that she sells so much due to GREAT customer service with a high quality product AND timely delivery or should we be led to believe that over 4,500 customers that left positive feedback are scammed "newbies"?

Please help me understand... :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-23-2005, 08:22 PM   #95  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm.

Username "Freemarketinamerica"
At the time I'm writing this, this user just joined today & has made a total of three posts, all in this thread.

Profile information as follows -

Biography:
Interested spectator
Interests:
Supporting the values that helped build America - free trade, capitalism, and self-determination.
Advocate of the maligned

Under the circumstances, I assume that Freemarketinamerica is here to defend the rights of downtrodden ebay merchants who sell copious amounts of new SU products. I also assume that one with a free market bias believes that there should be an idealized free market in SU goods, in the sense that it would be free from artificial price constraints such as SU's prohibition against demonstrators selling current SU product on ebay.

In an idealized free market, however, prices tend toward equilibrium as demand balances with supply. If all demonstrators could sell new SU product on ebay, prices would tend towards (lower) equilibrium, and those who currently violate SU's rules would not enjoy the price premiums they now receive. Ebay sellers who "compete" outside the rules thus actually reap the benefits of SU's decision not to allow demonstrators to sell on ebay.

Demonstrators who game the SU rules by selling on ebay indirectly through non-demos are not competing in economic terms; rather, they're benefitting from an absence of competition from other demonstrators.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinion on whether SU should or should not permit ebay sales. But I hardly classify demonstrators looking for under the table ways to evade their contractual obligations as exemplifying the "values that helped build America."

Freemarketinamerica, if I have made untoward assumptions, I am sorry. However, as a newcomer to this board you may not realize that it was started by a Stampin Up demonstrator for her downline, and that many many members are SU demonstrators who abide by their demo agreements. Demonstrators who team up with non-demos to sell on ebay in violation of their contracts are not competing - they are cheating.

Last edited by spammie; 05-23-2005 at 08:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2005, 06:19 PM   #96  
Cardstock Collector

o sell copious amounts of new SU products. I also assume that one with a free market bias believes that there should be an idealized free market in SU goods, in the sense that it would be free from artificial price constraints such as SU's prohibition against demonstrators selling current SU product on ebay.

Demonstrators who game the SU rules by selling on ebay indirectly through non-demos are not competing in economic terms; rather, they're benefitting from an absence of competition from other demonstrators.

After checking, there are more than 7,500 items currently listed on e-bay if you use "Stampin' Up" as the search term. You mention the "absence of competition," but I would argue the contrary. Isn't equilibrium established under such a free market? Contrary to SU's constricted trade, e-bay provides sellers of all types (not just those that want or can attend parties and those that are willing to forfeit their privacy regarding their purchasing habits, desires, etc.) the opportunity and CONVENIENCE to buy what they want, when they want it.

I understand the plight of the SU demo, but relish the fact that we live in a free market economy that allows buyers and sellers to determine what is in their best interest within the framework of the law. I believe SU should allow any channel for demos to reach their customers. How is that hurtful to their business to empower the demo to reach as many customers as possible?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #97  
Die Cut Diva

I don't usually post when I am angry, but this time I feel I must.

This post was archived until you happened to bring it back to the top. As others have noted, I see every post you have made has been to this thread. I don't know why you came to this site or what you know about Stampin' Up!, but SU! is a HOME based business, not an INTERNET based business. What it boils down to is the demonstrators selling current and not-yet-available items on ebay are directly violating a legal contract they signed their name too. In addition, many are using copyrighted pictures and putting them in their auctions as if the picture were taken by them (obviously when you see (c) Stampin' Up! they were NOT taken by that individual) which in addition is a copyright violation.
You said "I understand the plight of the SU demo, but relish the fact that we live in a free market economy that allows buyers and sellers to determine what is in their best interest" Are you saying it is in our best interest to violate a legally binding contract we signed in order to make a few more bucks??? Oh, and AS a demonstrator who is reading what you are posting, no, you really DON'T understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2005, 07:29 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Perhaps FreeMarketInAmerica is selling on e-Bay. And she's probably earning a cruise.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2005, 07:36 PM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by srogers5
Perhaps FreeMarketInAmerica is selling on e-Bay. And she's probably earning a cruise.
Maybe she'll fall overboard. ;)

Did I type that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2005, 08:19 PM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

DANG IT! I KNEW I sold my shares in Redenbacher too soon.

I guess that's all free market in America, huh? *snort*
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #101  
Forum Fanatic

Default What it all comes down to is this..

Anyone who believes that stomping on other people's hard work just to make a buck, will get what they deserve in the end. There will always be those who will do anything no matter what they cost. That probably means that they'd sell the last morsel of food off thier child's plate to make a buck. There's only one thing wrong with that.. Karma's a B*tch.... and Payback is her best friend.

Just keep working hard and supporting what you believe in. We'll win in the end!

And as for all that bull about "free trade", filling a void,.. Puh-leez.. I wont even dignify that with a response.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2005, 06:18 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catie
DANG IT! I KNEW I sold my shares in Redenbacher too soon.

I guess that's all free market in America, huh? *snort*
catie~'flyby is a go'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2005, 09:52 AM   #103  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

What it boils down to is the demonstrators selling current and not-yet-available items on ebay are directly violating a legal contract they signed their name to.
Precisely the very point.

The issue isn't about whether or not anyone agrees or disagrees with SU! policy with regards to internet sales conducted by demo'rs.

Fact remains, it is against policy. Demo'rs sign a legally binding contract to conduct their business as per this policy and all other guidelines clearly listed in the contract.

And the plight of the honorable SU! demonstrator is that others seek to gain profit for themselves by violating their own legally binding agreement.

That is the issue. Not whether or not we are a society founded on a free market, nor whether or not SU! permits internet sales by their demonstrators.

No one objects to "legally and honorably" conducted free-enterprise.

---------------

Yo, Catie! Have you tried Cinnabon Popcorn???? Oh, lawdy!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2005, 10:25 AM   #104  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

well said Julie!!!
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes