Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2006, 04:35 AM   #1  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats the nicest thing....

Any of your fellow SCS friends did for you as a RAK?
Recenetly on the demo side I replied to a thread, and one of the girls said "I want to come to your house and stamp" I replied anytime but bring some white cardstock cause I'm totally out!LOL!
SIDE NOTE:
I seriously couldn't believe I let myself completely run out of WHITE! I was SO involved in the NEW catalog I didn't pay attention, and I recently got rid of ALL my scrap paper cause it just sits there collecting dust. WORSE my order (with the paper) won't be here till NEXT week, cause it was AFTER my first order I realized I was out. I even had to change my projects we were doing at my techniques class! Meaning I would get my new stuff (thursday I hope) and have NO WHITE! I live in NH so it takes a week to get here.
Back to my point-it was a subtle comment (the other info was what I was feeling and in no way conveyed) I was then PM'd by Tina (raspuzzi) who sent me not 1 full pkg of Stampin Up whisper White but 2 pkg!!!! Via Priority mail! SO I WOULD HAVE IT ASAP! And for what you ask? She just simply said I was one of her fave stampers (blushed over that!LOL!) and she would hate the idea of me not being able to play with my new stamps and post!!!
Thank you raspuzzi for the AMAZING RAK! Your kindness SO touched me!
I have also recieved many other nice RAKs form people on this site-happystamper05, AmyR, misermom the list seriously goes on & on! My daughter was in the hospital with leukemia, and ALL these wonderful people on here sent her card, and some even sent her little gifts! It truly helped make her time there better. Her room was COVERED in gorgeous hand made cards-everyone who entered couldn't help but be in awe. People would even hear about ther walls and pop by just for a look! I am just amazed by the people on here, and wanted to post this thread of HAPPY things!
If you haven't ever RAK'd anyone, you should. Its a great feeling.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR RAK STORY!!!!!
WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:39 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Wow! That is so nice! I have been blessed many times over, and often they are not things I asked for - SCSers have a lovely way of meeting people's needs, even unasked.

Thank you Tina!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:53 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!

I've gotten some really nice RAK cards. This particular one was from a post I made on Stampin' Discuss on the Stampin' Up! website, but the thought behind it was it was totally out of the blue that I received a gorgeous card from another person who was thanking me for recommending a product that I use. That was so nice! The card was awesome, too, and I still have it!

In fact, I should make sure that I RAK folks for the cool things that they have recommended to me like the Wilde-ideas store and stuff I never would have found on my own! Thanks for the reminder of the power of a RAK!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 AM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have received so many beautiful rak cards, sometimes with some surprises inside. Emilymomto3boys sent me a package of Stardust gellyroll pens out of the blue so I think that was one of the nicest surprises.

I design for ... Ellen Hutson LLC, & Maya Road

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:11 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for starting this, Lauren. I have also experienced amazing kindness and generosity from SCS members.

Last summer one of my customers was making shower invitations for her daughter-in-law and ran out of one of her colors (I think it was the old burgandy which had been discontinued by that time). Since she couldn't order more of the color, I put out a plea on SCS. Freedom 43 (Cathy) responded and sent a full pack (her last pack) of this color to help out my customer! She would not allow us to pay her for this.

Three summers ago I had the bug to make stamped paper cubes, but the site that several stampers had mentioned as their source for the cubes would only sell to businesses (I wasn't even a demo at the time). Starlit Studio (Cindy) offered to place the order for me using her tax free number and had the package sent to my house. I was amazed that someone I had never met would go to this trouble for me.

Most recently I started a thread to compliment an incredibly talented stamper on this site, Mytime (Lauren). She sent me an amazing card after this, something I would never have expected but appreciated tremendously!

So, you're right in saying that kindness abounds among stampers. Hopefully we will all "pay it forward."
Member #1237
My Gallery

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:13 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my Dad passed away, my niece gave me a Foundation Angel with an old Eskimo saying on it. It is my signature line.

While posting on SCS, Sara (AKA Sassyat30) saw my post and said she had a stamp with the *EXACT* verse on it. I asked where she had gotten it so I could buy one.

Well, she RAK'ed me with the stamp and a matching verse in the same font!

As you can imagine, this touched me very deeply and I *Thank* her from the bottom of my heart!

Karen

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:42 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Your stories are awesome! Keep them coming! I know there are more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:04 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

My mom had a stroke just over 3 weeks ago and I requested cards to be sent to her and it was just amazing! She had 9 cards in the mail just 2 days after the request and they just kept coming in. I think she received about 50 RAK cards from SCSers. This has inspired me to join the RAK group and start sending cards because they really help brighten the day! Thanks to everyone who RAKs - you all ROCK!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

My downline, whose screen name here on SCS is barbfarmd, is one of the most giving people I know. She gave me an awesome gift last December. She had participated in a swap where she received 26 6x6 scrapbook pages (a page for every letter of the alphabet). She signed up for two pages, so she had to make 52 pages of her own. At the end of the swap, she had two complete sets and gave one to me. I was completely blown away that she would share such a treasured piece of artwork!!

AND, she stopped by last week and gave me a laminated and spiral bound catty!!! I've never had one before and it is AWESOME! Thank you, Barb!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:44 AM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Where is everyone?! I know you ladies have more stories!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

Location: Indiana, Oh Indiana. Indiana, we're all for you! IU!

Shortly after I joined SCS, I sold some retired stamps to sairabee (Sarah). We started talking about books we were reading and she was telling me about one of hers (it's terrible, but I can't remember the name right now). I said it sounded great and I would have to get it from the library. The next thing I knew, her copy ended up in my mailbox! I was shocked and touched. Sarah has become a great (cyber) friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

These are great stories, guys! Can't wait to read more!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #13  
Stampin' Fool

Wow, these stories are amazing!! I have said since day one on this sight, "Stampers are the nicest people!!!"

Please take a stroll through my gallery!
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=76367
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lauren,
Thanks for starting such a great thread. I amazed by how wonderful the people here at SCS are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

I've not been specifically RAK'd but I asked for RAKs for a friend of mine who has lung cancer. She couldn't believe she was getting cards from people she never heard of and a year later, she still mentions that. So, keep up the good work stampers; it means a lot to people you'll never meet.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 10:44 AM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have to agree that stampers are the nicest people!! I have met so many wonderful people on here who have truly enriched my life.

Debcst is a true gem with a beautiful heart! When I was asking questions about the watercolor crayons, she colored a square of each of the 48 colors on vellum and sent them to me so I could play with them before I ordered. I'm sure that took her a lot of time and she did that out of the kindness of her heart. What a sweetheart!

I also just got the nicest little package from iiwiireally (Deb) because I could not go to convention. She sent me the cutest stamped tin with all kinds of treasures in there and a nail file in a stamped pouch. All just because she is sweet.

When I seriously think of all the people who have prayed for me through difficult times and the many friends I've met, I get teary eyed. I really do. I am grateful to God for all of you!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

bumping for Lauren.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #18  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have another thing to add-A woman named Rita Jourdan sorry-can't remember SCS name-sends Alexa a card every week! She takes part in a program Called Chemo Angels. She sends a card to someone with cancer every week (not including Alexa).
Also Baylorgrad saw I was looking for a CTMH catalog and she sent me one. She now sells SU, but it was SUPER sweet of het to locate one for me.
racey sent me some adorable images to use.
AmyR sent me primas! Which I have a hard time using ! LOL
Rubbernecker gave me a sweet deal on a pkg of new 120 Prismacolor pencils.
happystamper05 has sent me numerous cards
speale was SUPER sweet and sent me a card mase with Ruff Day when I posted in her gallery how much I LOVED it.
I'm certain there is more, but thats all I can think of right now.
My upline Paulette- is forever letting me borrow stuff! She even brings it to me LOL!
I REALLY hope we see more response to this. Even something as easy as someone sending you directions for something is a sweet thing.
I think we all need to focus on the good in all our wonderful members!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:42 PM   #19  
Glitter Guru

I love hearing stories like that....it's nice to know that we are a part of such a giving group of ladies....
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #20  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Great thread.

One of the nicest RAKs that I have received is the Gently Falling stamp set from Sereikastamper, Keri! I participated in a challenge where you were supposed to recreate the stamp set that you wanted but didn't have. I did one with a faux Gently Falling and she sent me the real one. What a very generous thing to do.

I'm also involved in the DSS group and my big sisters have been so incredible generous...too much and too many times to recount here. I hope I have made my little SS feel the same way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 04:57 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just over two years ago I found SCS and was VERY PREGNANT with my second child....I was like an insomniac for six to eight weeks....I spent ALL of my time here on SCS because it was the only place that was quiet and that I could kinda just whittle away the night hours....I found many friends, learned all about stamping (I had only been stamping a little over a year at that point and knew next to nothing), and just spent hours and hours reading and researching and sharing what I found....and of course I posted pics of the BIG HUGE BELLY!!!
LOL

NO really it was HUGE!!!! When you have a baby that comes out at 9lbs 15 oz your stomach gets HUGE!!!!

So anyway, I went into labor and told my mom to keep all my SCS friends updated!!! And she did, I would call her from the hospital and make sure she would post and tell the girls what was going on.... when Coleton was born there was a huge party on SCS and then I was thrown a Cyber Shower.....it was amazing...all the gals on here seent gifts, and money to my mom and when I went to visit my parents for the first time I was given my SCS shower!
It really was so very touching and amazing.....and most of those gals are still here on SCS...the oldies but goodies...from way back when we only had 5000 members and you could read all the new posts from an entire day in less than an hour!!!! LOL

So that was my most amazing RAK story!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #22  
Gallery Gazer

I'm involved in the Divine Secret Sisterhood on SCS and during an email I told my Big Sis where I was going on vacation and it just happened to be in her backyard! I asked her for suggested stamp stores to visit and although we've never met other than email, she offered to drive me all over the place last week! We ate lunch and visited three different stores - all on her gas dime! How sweet was that? Plus she decorated a lunch tin and gave it to me on top of that!

And since our identity is suppose to be a secret for a few more weeks, she never told me her SCS name - but I know her real name. So thanks, Gina! It was so fun to shop with my Big Sis!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #23  
Forum Fanatic

I've received a lot of great cards from members of the RAK group - I LOVE getting surprise mail. The best thing I ever got was a gift from Lauren - she send me a *gorgeous* card w/ a glass etched jar and some really nice *bling* (which I still have a hard time using! lol - I pull it out and *look* at it often tho! ;)). It was a totally unexpected gift and very thoughtful!

I've also received a lot of random PM's from members - I've met a lot of really nice people this way. I love SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 08:46 PM   #24  
Pearl-ExPert

Any RAK I receive I consider special! It is uncanny how some of them seem to arrive exactly when I need a pick-me-up, yet I haven't posted about being down or going through a tough spot.

Perhaps the nicest RAK act was by dtstampz, who sent me a bitty bag of primas after I mentioned that only one store carried them here and the selection was VERY limited! I didn't like the colors or sizes or styles. The next thing I know, I get a RAK and this gorgeous purple organza bag full of a fabulous mixture of colors, styles, and sizes of Prima flowers. Her generosity and kindness touched and amazed me. Thanks, Debbie.

SweetMissDaisy's comments about a RAK I sent to her made me feel as though I had created a work of art, and boosted my self esteem enormously. I'm pretty shy about my stamping. Having someone whose work I admire so much be so generous with praise was a rare and precious gift.

Others like nancy littrell and hgh and jessian97 have sent some very sweet notes inside their RAKs. But as I said above, every RAK I receive is special to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh--while I'm on a roll, let's not forget the people who leave comments in our galleries, or answer our stamping questions, or share their templates, font resources, knowledge--and humor! I have been the recipient of ALL these things!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

Keri--I remember your cyber-shower! Can't believe it was over 2 years ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 AM   #27  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbernecker
Keri--I remember your cyber-shower! Can't believe it was over 2 years ago!
I know can you believe that Coleton will be two NEXT WEEK?????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:12 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

The nicest thing for me personally is the PMs that I get that are really encouraging or just awesome compliments - they really mean a lot to me.

Even better than the PMs for me is that I requested some RAKs for my SIL who is going through a nasty 10+ yr custody battle. She was so touched - she called me crying about how wonderful it was that people who didn't even know her would send her these beautiful cards. It really made her day and really made me feel so happy for her and so thankful to be a part of this group.

...yay, this thread is all warm & fuzzy...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

Still can't believe Coleton will be TWO! Wow.

Last fall, I posted a request for information regarding starting up a Scrapbook Club at my children's school. I received a PM from a member I did not know stating she'd like to help me out by sending me some die cuts. Not long after that, I received a package from ARLENE BRIDGES :p containing enough die cut boxes and pouches for my club. Arlene has become a dear friend. She has a heart of gold.
I've also received some sweet pm's commenting on a post or two of mine.
I'd also like to mention those that so willingly share their guidance and expertise with us each and every day. I know I've become a better stamper and tried things I wouldn't have because of them. They aren't all the "stars" some just regular people like me.

I believe stampers are very giving people in general. Think about it. When we make a card, most of the time we make it with the intention of giving it away from the very beginning!

Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless ~ Mother Teresa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

:-)

...on the phone at the moment... BRB.....

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:47 PM   #31  
Glitter Guru

Some of my favorite things:

All the surprise RAK's I've received. The cards I've gotten are gorgeous and I'm always touched that someone took the time to brightened another persons day! Thank you!

For all the nice PMs that I've received. Some are to say "thanks" and others to offer a compliment. Some just to say "hi". :-)

One of my favorites is the beautiful etched glass votive holder filled with prima flower from Lauren (mytime). It is breathtakingly beautiful. She also made a beautiful card to go with it! I was truly touched by this and am totally grateful for her and all my friends here.

Staci (Misermom) sent a surprise package as a reminder of a fun thread we were involved with. It was so cute and so thoughtful.... I have it on my stamping table. :-) Thank you!

Oh, and I really am touched when someone leaves a comment on one of my cards. I know they're not that great but it always means a lot when someone takes the time to say something nice! Thank you! :-)

This is such a great (happy) thread...

Alexa says I'm her mommy's Pretend Stamping Friend....what an honor!

�What we do for Ourselves, dies with Us. What we do for Others and the World, Remains and is Immortal." ~ Albert Pike
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 09:36 PM   #32  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

bumpin' back up

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 09:41 PM   #33  
Stazon Splitcoast

the friendships are by far the best side benefit of this list.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:05 PM   #34  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Teresa -jtkshaw- sent me a baggie full of primas out of the blue when I posted I had none, and couldn't squeak it in my budget! I was so overwhelmed her generosity!!!! (*hoarding* kinda afraid to use them now!!)

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

The kindness that abounds here never ceases to amaze me. The last two years of my life have not been the easiest being that I lost my FIL and then my own father. The kind words and beautiful cards that were bestowed on me bring tears to my eyes as I think of these individuals sharing a little piece of themselves with me during such hard times. SCS has brought me friendships that will last my lifetime - the beauty of these women, the support they have given me during the most incredibly difficult times - their friendship is a gift that is truly priceless.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #36  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

A lot of gals have shared stamped images when I asked for something that I do not own. But the BIG surprise was just this week when hotwheels, Linda, sent a Wal-Mart gift card for my birthday. I will be going through the craft and sewing section to find some really neat stuff to make more cards.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 10:53 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm so glad this got bumped up! I didn't see it last week at all. As has been said, there are so many, many beautiful things that people around here have done for each other. There's no way I could begin to list them all, so I'll just list the latest...

Some time ago I was responding in a thread by one of us who was heading to Spokane and looking for, what else, stamp stores to visit. I mentioned that I had some favorites stores and where and what they were but that I didn't drive anymore,so hadn't been to any of them in awhile.

Out of the blue one day came a pm from Stampin SandyH, saying she'd read the post and would be more than happy to come out my way and pick me up for a visit to the stamp stores! OMG, so she showed up yesterday with a big bag full of just-picked cherries, lol. After a long lovely chat in my stamp room she took me downtown to my FAVORITE store.

What made it so, so special is that it turns out she, like I was, is a nervous driver. It's difficult driving places where she's not sure where she's going. And yet she went out of her way to contact a total stranger and offered me a ride, knowing that she'd be very nervous doing it! I just thought that was amazing, really special....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 11:25 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Two years ago I moved to the jungle of Brazil. I was in a remote area with very few conveniences or familiar things. Some of the people I met here sent me the most wonderful packages with not only stamps and supplies, but also ranch dressing mix, rotel tomatoes, graham crackers, peanut butter and chocolate. These things were so much fun to get and open, but more important I developed friendships with some wonderful people.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 11:58 PM   #39  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I am not part of the RAK group (since I can barely get cards to my family for their birthdays with in a month of thier birthday) BUT I have recieved a couple of RAKs this past month. NOT in the mail, but kindness demonstrated just the same. Renee V. (happystamper05) and Lauren (mytime) have both made a few comments on my gallery (each). It was not on a day I uploaded, so I do not know what prompted them. It meant a lot to me. I have tried to "pay it forward".

Both comment floods came on days that weren't so wonderful. It really helped me.

I am sorry I never told them how much it meant to me.

Thanks Lauren and Renee!!! You are not only great stampers but kind people as well.

my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 AM   #40  
Toy
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We recently had a house fire and I lost a bit of my crafting supplies... a group of girls got together here (adopted upline #4) and sent me TONS of paper! I don't think there's a color I don't have now! God bless them all!

SCSers ROCK!

Peace!
Reply With Quote Likes