Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2006, 06:28 PM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default What's the strangest card you've ever made?

I just finished making one for my dh...he calls fooling around "wild monkey s**"

So I'd just gotten some rubber stamps that included a sheet from Biblical Impressions...with a gorilla holding a sign that's empty (doesn't say anything). I used the Alphabits to stamp (and punch out and glue) "Will work for..." for the outside of the card on the gorilla's sign. On the gorilla himself I added googly eyes and cut out little red lips and added liquid glass to them to make them puffy and shiney. Then the inside I made a pop-up card. I stamped the sign again (without the monkey...just used a marker on the sign and then used a fine line and a ruler to cover the places where the gorilla had been in the original) I used the Alphabits again to say "wild monkey ***" on the sign. I think it came out adorable (yes, slightly twisted...but adorable).

I'll try taking a digital pic and posting later (at least the outside of the card).

So...what's the strangest card you've made (a link to it if it's in your gallery) and the story behind the card!

Jane
Attached Thumbnails
What's the strangest card you've ever made?-wildmonkeyout.jpg  

Last edited by troopersma; 03-31-2006 at 06:49 PM.. Reason: Added picture
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too funny!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #3  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hee hee...

Here's mine:

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers

To understand this (if you weren't around when this was going on up here) you had to understand that people hate clowns, and when SU! issued Jest Between Friends in the Summer 2004 mini, there were a lot of people who hated this set. Lana (LunarLana) and her daughter did some pretty funny things with the clown, whom I named Clarence. Lana insisted that Clarence was a Peeping Tom. There was a kind of card war going back and forth between us that was a ton of fun!

I am Clarence's official biographer and champion, so every now and then I have to dust him off and use him to make a card. So here, I decided that I had to have a window card because of Clarence's "rep" and it had to have a pleated shade on it.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 02:13 AM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Here is a finny card I made, not NEARLY as creative as Jan or Jane's, but nonetheless, this is my card ;)

I hope the link turned out OK, I've never used that little link icon before. How do you get those cute links instead of just the web address?

Handstamped......because I can't draw
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 03:00 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

I made this for a challenge, but it will be perfect for dh's birthday. He's always complaining about how old he is. Truly, he's very much an Eyeore.

"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

My brother had a vasectomy, so I stamped a pair of boxers shorts and colored them in with bright colors and then put a tiny bandaid over the front of them. It turned out really cute and got a good chuckle out of him.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 05:03 AM   #7  
Crimping Master

I just made my strangest card last month, no pics though. I unexpectedly found out an old roommate of mine (we chat maybe twice a year via e-mail) was having to be off work for 6-8 weeks to have heel surgery. Some bone needed work and she would be fully casted for the entire time! I used certainly celery cs. I inked the bottom of my own foot with classic black and put my heel (up past the arch) onto the card. Okay, it took me about four tries to get it just right! I stamped a small smiley face on a bandaid and applied it to the card over the heel. I used the "Happy Healing" stamp inside but crossed out the "a" and had wrote an "e" for "heeling". I had also found some twill ribbon with printed feet on it that I also used on the inside the card for further embellishment.

I never realized HOW MUCH PURPLE was in the SU black pad! My foot stayed lessening shades of purple for at least one week!

Annette
http://stamponthis.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 08:22 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Colleen - I couldn't get the link to work. When I do a link I actually go to the page in my gallery where the card is and then copy the address from the browser line and then go back and paste it into my reply. I didn't know there was an icon! If there is and it works it'd be easier!

Janine - I wasn't around when the "war" was going on. I looked at the cards first and couldn't figure it out. After reading your post it made much more sense! LOL!

Lisa - left a comment in your gallery. I'm sure your dh will love it!

Cindy - where did you get a boxer short stamp??? I want one!

Annette - next time take a picture! Sounds very cute (and definately unusual!)

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 08:47 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersma
Colleen - I couldn't get the link to work. When I do a link I actually go to the page in my gallery where the card is and then copy the address from the browser line and then go back and paste it into my reply. I didn't know there was an icon! If there is and it works it'd be easier!

here I'll try again:

It didn't get many comments, though, I wonder why :rolleyes:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #10  
Crimping Master

My husband;s b day is December 15 and he loves A Christmas Story (the movie) so I made him a leg lamp birthday card! here it is:

Then, for our anniversary, I CASE'd someone else's idea and made him a Napoleon Dynamite card, another one of his fave movies, it is here:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 05:01 PM   #11  
Crimping Master

My sister's dog graduated from obedience school so I had to make the invitations to her graduation party and graduation card. Yea, we really had a party with gifts, cake and everything. What we do for our family...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

Smile Funniest Card

I have a TON of humorous stamps (which is why my ID is stampfunny) but probably the funniest one was one I made for my hubby.

My hubby used to tease me that all I ever thought about any more was stamping. So, I had a stamp made to order just for him - it says, "Mount me like a stamp." He just about died laughing when he read it because he he said even THEN - I STILL was thinking about stamping! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

So Stampfunny, spill the beans...where do you find your humourous stamps? I've found a few but not as many as I'd like! I did get one that says "If it has tires or testicles it's gonna be trouble". I like that one! LOL! And I really did laugh out loud about the one you had made. Too funny!

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 05:58 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

The strangest one I ever made was for my boss's "V" day. I got the saying from a thread here and ran with it. Good thing he's got a sense of humor!

Vday outside
Vday inside

I also made potato chips one day too for a card to say thanks to some friends who got me a package from the Cape Cod Potato Chip factory tour then went on. Have to admit I cracked myself up with this one. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 06:05 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

A made a card with a character from the South Park cartoon. My co-worker broke up with her boyfriend and was crying for a like a week, every morning. So I made it to cheer her up. When she opened it, she cried some more - lol! She's all better now that was months ago.

I made by cutting it out from cardstock. I'd upload it but I don't know what the copyright rules are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 06:20 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by troopersma
I just finished making one for my dh...he calls fooling around "wild monkey s**"

So I'd just gotten some rubber stamps that included a sheet from Biblical Impressions...with a gorilla holding a sign that's empty (doesn't say anything). I used the Alphabits to stamp (and punch out and glue) "Will work for..." for the outside of the card on the gorilla's sign. On the gorilla himself I added googly eyes and cut out little red lips and added liquid glass to them to make them puffy and shiney. Then the inside I made a pop-up card. I stamped the sign again (without the monkey...just used a marker on the sign and then used a fine line and a ruler to cover the places where the gorilla had been in the original) I used the Alphabits again to say "wild monkey ***" on the sign. I think it came out adorable (yes, slightly twisted...but adorable).

I'll try taking a digital pic and posting later (at least the outside of the card).

So...what's the strangest card you've made (a link to it if it's in your gallery) and the story behind the card!

Jane
OK so now I am dying to see this but I do not see any thumbnails on my screen or threads.......
Matthew 6:34 �So don�t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today�s trouble is enough for today."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

I am really enjoying these humorous, off the wall cards, thanks for sharing

Another funny card I made was for my daughter. She needed a new sports bra for basketball, so I went out and bought her one, and I set it on her bed for her to find when she got home from school, along with a card. On the card, I stamped two basketballs and drew a bra around them so it looked like the basketballs were the cups. Very funny because she is always complaining that she has really small breasts, and these basketballs looked like a double "d". On the inside, I wrote her a note saying "I heard she needed some extra support". It was cute, when she went in her room and found it, about 30 seconds later she yells out of her room "You dork!"......all in good fun.

But I didn't keep a copy of the card, but it was cute and kind of funny!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-02-2006, 11:07 AM   #18  
Die Cut Diva

Default Colleen -

I wish you would have taken a digital picture of the basketball card! That's hilarious! (Good thing your daughter has some sense of humor though!)

Jane
Reply With Quote Likes