Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2005, 02:19 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I use winkflash as well. I did my pictures last Christmas for all our cards and they turned out wonderful. Matter of fact, I just uploaded some pictures today and ordered some. I think they are great quality picture.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarson
Have you thought of buying a high quality printer? I have an Epson, and it prints great - granted, it takes 5 ink cartridges, but that okay, cause I can print them any size anytime
I LOVE my Epson too! I'm a print quality freak .... uber critical ... and I couldn't believe how happy I was with mine (gee, I sound like a commercial).

I've used Shutterfly and Snapfish. As others have pointed out, neither use Kodak paper (at least not the last time I used them), but I did prefer Shutterfly over Snapfish. IMHO Shutterfly's paper was a bit thicker, but what made me go to them was the color balancing. It seemed better.

I'm printing my own stuff for scrapbooks now, so I haven't used either in a few months.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #43  
Embossing Fanatic

I like CVS photo development. They are 29 cents a photo, but often have 19 cent specials. Their editing software is great and much better to use than Walgreens and the prints are much better - IMO. It takes a little time to edit at the store, but I plan to go early or late and they can usually print them in a short time, without my having to make a trip back.

Recently there was an introductory special with CM and their new online ordering of prints. http://www.cmphotocenter.com/ The shipping isn't bad if you order a lot of prints at once and the pictures were EXCELLENT quality. I wish I had better editing software on my computer.

I would never consider printing my photos for archival quality. Between the cost of a good printer, ink and photo paper, it's not worth it to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2005, 06:34 PM   #44  
Stazon Splitcoast

WalMart online - and they mail them to you out of Arkansas

all prints are 12 cents each - even 5 x 7 size

Fabulous job!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #45  
Kookie Creator

I just starting using Sam's Club this week. I started out printing them at CVS and they were not the best of quality. I uploaded the pics at home and they were ready for pick-up at Sam's and when I got there and saw them, they were "BEAUTIFUL" . They also use Fugi paper, but compared to CVS, these pics were "the bomb". I will be using Sam's 4-EVER! They also ship them to your door for a small fee!
Quamecia'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 11:15 AM   #46  
Matboard Maniac

I have used Kodakgallery.com once and I was not happy with the quality of the prints. The color seemed off on them and it looked like they had been printed off a regular printer, like I might do at home.

I recently heard that printing photos on glossy paper will deteriorate quickly because they aren't acid free. I also heard from a photo store that printing them at home is like doing a nice quality photo copy, might look nice for now but it's not archival. Still just a photocopy.

I think I will try the scrapbookpicutures and winkflash since they use printing procedures similar to what would be used for film development.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 02:03 PM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a HP Photosmart 8150. I LOVE it! I wasn't satisfied with the quality of prints from any store and was ready to give up using my digital camera. My MIL gave the HP printer to me. I was skeptical. But I can't believe the quality. It's awesome! And I can print any size and edit. It doesn't need to be hooked up to a computer either.

Emily, I am much better at keeping up with printing pictures than I used to be... way better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by JJBrooks
I always use www.shutterfly.com I have used them for 2 years now and no complaints! I love that you can add borders, change from color to B&W, add text etc......from there site. I pre pay so it's cheeper. They offer rewards all the time. Every time I spend so much (can't remember how much) they add credit to my account for FREE pics. I spend about $50 a month at least printing pictures and I love the quality it's the best I have found yet. IMO. Hope this helps!

Ditto!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 03:33 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Well I use Costco and love them!!!

You can upload to Costco.com and either pick them up at your local Costco or they will ship them to you for free!!!! I think their quality is very very good and my prints if I pick them up are ready in about an hour from the time I upload them. They even have something where you can "fix" photos if you want to online. In other words adjust the color, fix red eye etc.
I did check and the paper is Fuji but I think it's nice and thick. They charge 17 cents per print and can do either glossy or matte. I think the color is beautiful!!
Hope this helps!
Jennifer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-15-2005, 07:31 PM   #50  
Kookie Creator

I get my prints done at CVS. They are always offering a special - 19 cents a print, 5 free and last week it was 10 free prints with your memory stick! What a deal. They are all 4x6 prints, you can add text and borders. Wish they had a chair that I could sit at while I was playing on their machine!! I think I went in their store at least three times during last week's special!:cool: The only disadvantage is that they are all glossy prints and I really prefer matte. They are on Kodak paper, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-16-2005, 05:45 AM   #51  
Insane Embellisher

Dotphoto uses kodak..

Quote:

Originally Posted by photocropper
I based all the prices on 400 prints (cuz I prepay at clarkcolor and I purchase a ton at a time so it works for me)

SO:
Based on the prices provided online and does not include the free prints- for 400 prints plus shipping:
Clarkcolor.com $48.17 Kodak paper

Winkflash $48.99 Fuji paper

Snapfish $68.35 Kodak paper

dotphoto $83.99 could not figure out the kind of paper

shutterfly $105.99 Fuji paper

scrapbookpictures $74 Kodak

I say go to each one and get the free prints and see which one you like the best ;)

Reply With Quote Likes