Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-07-2005, 07:06 AM   #41  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampincrazy1
I'm a Brit married to an American & currently living in California. DH is in the Navy & we are hoping to get stationed in Europe next (feb '07).
I have 2 kids DS ~ Callum & DD ~ Maisie...I think they are in my avatar
I've been scrappin' for 8yrs & stampin' for almost 5 yrs...I'm a SU demo but mostly a hobby demo now, doing demos just doesn't fit in the family schedule these days, I don't miss it so now I get to spend more $$ on my stuff

Ok, DD is organising her crafts !!!!! a scary thought, I better go supervise
WELCOME!!!

Stay in touch with the Dutch!

God made us with two hands so we could stamp and eat chocolate at the same time!

http://community.webshots.com/user/noukepoek
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 03:23 AM   #42  
Rubber Obsessor

Hello everybody!
Another dutch stamper here! I live in a small town near Tilburg. My sister lives in Canada and she introduced me to stamping last september. She's got stampin'up stamps. I've got 2 sets now, but I get 4 more next month. I'm really looking forward to that. Since a few weeks I also know some dutch stamping stores, so every now and then I visit some. But I still love SU the most. Well, that's all for now. Maybe if other dutch SU lovers need some stamps, I can get them from my sissie. Let me know if you're interested!

Love Dani�lle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 07:05 AM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just wanted to say hi! My dad was in the army and we lived in the Netherlands from 1985 to 1988. We lived in Capelle a/d Ijssel and I graduated from high school at the American School of the Hague. Those were wonderful times! I'd love to visit again someday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 12:55 PM   #44  
Failed Lurker

Welcome to SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 08:28 AM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

thank you! Holland is nice, hehe!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 10:05 AM   #46  
Mad Swapper

I'm Danish, but living in the US.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 12:32 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

hi my name is Claudia. iam originally from germany. my hometown is located between Stuttgart and Munich.

i met my husband, he is a Portugiese Canadien ( from Toronto / Whitby) while he was work�ng for Daimler Chrysler in Germany. we live now for 4 years in Michigan, about 30 min from Detroit.

We came over from europe with two cats (one Maine Coon and one Holy Birman) unfortunately they died. i do have two sons Lucas and Niklas. We have a small home so right now i do not have a scrap or stamp room or nook. But i hope maybe next year.

iam a stamper since 2.5 years but i noticed that i got more serious with that hobby about half a year ago when i started to add paper and stamp pads. at the beginning i always thought the set is enough i can use ANY paper or ink. aahhh... for me it is just more easier to use the stuff from stampin up i dont have to think and everything matches.

i like your thread that you ask where we are from.

how about we take it one step further.... can you post a link where we can see how it looks like where you live. there are so many great places in europe i even havent been!!!

look this is arround my area:#
(ths castle was used as an inspiration to build the cinderella castle in disney land)
http://www.neuschwanstein.com/
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bild:Linderhof-1.jpg
(germany�s highes mountain
http://www.zugspitzland.de/gal_bilder.html

of course there is Munich and Stuttgart but i guess this is too tourism to post here.

claudia
(my hometown known for its highest church tower in the world. just the tower)
http://www.ulm.de/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #48  
Failed Lurker

Beautiful castle, Claudia! It really is like something out of a fairy tale. Great idea to show where we live. This is what it's like in my county: http://www.bbc.co.uk/derby/in_pictur...re/index.shtml
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 03:44 PM   #49  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I'm British

Hello, everybody,
my name is Michelle and i was born in manchester england but spent the majority of my life living in Blackpool home of the sand sea and donkey's and not forgetting the famous tower. I emigrated to Canada 5 years ago with my husband and daughter and we love it here. i have been scrapbooking for 3 years now and have just been introduced to stamping ( su ). This site is amazing and everybody is so friendly i just love it !
happy stamping everybody
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 05:22 PM   #50  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cool thread!!

Being a demo, I find that I have to occasionally *force* myself out of the demo-only forum. Glad that I did tonight! I've spent the past hour learning more about my stamping friends in Europe - and I'm fascinated!!!

For someone who has lived within 2.5 hours of Chicago for 30 of my 38 years, I find myself amazed still that the world is both large and small at the same time. Large as in you ladies are talking about places that I sincerely *hope* to be able to visit some time during my life. Small as in here we all are, on the 'net, loving stamping, urging one another on creatively. Hearing about the places that you've all been to and lived in oddly doesn't make me jealous or envious, but very, very intrigued. Strange, isn't it, the differences between Europe and the States? We take so much for granted here, and think we are so wise...and yet everything is so new and so *here*...and if it is ever taken away from us we will be lost.

And aren't we Americans just odd? I may have had European blood in me once...but after migrating through Virginia and stagnating for about five generations in Kentucky before the advent of the automobile, I have learned that the family tree didn't...hmmm, how shall I say this?...it didn't fork! It was a solid trunk for about two generations. Now couple that with my other Polish/German side. My DH is Dutch (Van Couwen Houwen) Hugarian / British mix. Our kids our bona-fide *MUTTS*!

Thanks, ladies, for sharing so much about yourselves...hope I gave you a good laugh! It was really a pleasure to come over and read about your lives. Each of you, *VERY* interesting women, indeed!! ~ Kaylyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 12:48 AM   #51  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaylynConover
...I have learned that the family tree didn't...hmmm, how shall I say this?...it didn't fork! It was a solid trunk for about two generations.
Does that mean what I think it means? :???: :eek:

Oh, and what goes on in the demo forum that's so interesting????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #52  
Rubber Obsessor

Default difficult language

Hey, I like to read and write in the forum, but I still think it is difficult writing an other language. I know that you'll understand what I mean, but still... I want to write it the right way. Sometimes I can't say what I want, because I don't know the words. Anyway, I still love stamping!

Love Dani�lle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 01:56 AM   #53  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to Charmed

well, I am not really 'european' but figured I would chime in anyways.

I am Canadian born and raised, but now live in London England. Have been here for a few months, and absolutley LOVE it!

So Hi to all my fellow non-'new world' stampers!!!

And Danielle - for translating typed text, try babelfish.altavista.com

U typt in uw eigen taal wat u wilt zeggen, en dan selecteren welke taal u wilt vertalen aan, en het zal uw tekst voor u vertalen! Mei niet om werkelijk goed perfect te zijn, maar de werken!

(You type in your own language what you want to say, and then select what language you want to translate to, and it will translate your text for you! May not be perfect, but works well!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 03:35 AM   #54  
Failed Lurker

Danielle - your English is fantastic!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 04:36 AM   #55  
Rubber Obsessor

thanks, and I love your tomaahto saying!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 04:44 AM   #56  
Vee
Glitter Guru

My DH and I are both missing Germany. It was funny that we both said so at the same time. We lived in Germany for 5 years then Guam for 3 and have just moved to USA a few months ago. We always set goals and always get them , so we now have one to go back to Europe in a few years. (OK, I admit that Singapore is also on the list) Anyway, we are looking for a second house in France now so we can have an excuse to go alolng more often than every-other-year like we do now. I will also mail stamps to you abroad s I think nothing of m ailing anywhere in the world. IF you want a stamp of something in particular, just let me know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 04:53 AM   #57  
Watercolor Wizard

subscribing to this so I can find it again when I get to work! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 06:00 AM   #58  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by serialpurrs
I'm Danish, but living in the US.
Hej Sara! Jeg er ikke dansker, men jeg taler dansk (om lidt!) Jeg var udvekslingsstudenter i Danmark i 1986. Jeg er ikke saa godt at skrive paa dansk, men jeg kan godt taler det! (my grammar is terrible!!) Jeg boede paa Falster, i Stubbekobing. Jeg gik i skolen i Nykobing F.
Hvor boede du i Danmark?

Hilsen!
Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 06:24 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

great language...Danish... can't understand a word of it! �
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 06:55 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Being a demo, I find that I have to occasionally *force* myself out of the demo-only forum. Glad that I did tonight! I've
LOL!!! Just what happened to me today...

And yes, you guessed it, I'm in Europe too (waving hi!). Been in Germany for almost two years now after being away for seven years. So good to be home again.

Hallo Claudia!!! Ein kleiner Gru� �ber den gro�en Teich. Wir wohnen in Wolframs-Eschenbach bei Ansbach.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 07:19 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
Does that mean what I think it means? :???: :eek:
Yup...pretty gross to be marrying 1st cousins, isn't it??!! It would appear by name that two families kept marrying one another. Not really - my research showed that they were all the same family. I called my dad and we *laughed* and then about *retched*!!!

Quote:

Oh, and what goes on in the demo forum that's so interesting????
Well, it is a very *safe* place for demos to tell everything the way they see it - good, not-so-good, happy, sad, you name it! Right now all of the banter is about what we think the new catalog will and will not have. Sometimes, it's just feeling like there is the "protection" of being able to discuss demo-related challenges. Most of the time, we trade ideas and ask questions about what works in our business. Lots of us let our guards down and show our vulnerability and get cheered on whenever we feel like giving it all up. Lots of times, it is also a "meeting place" where, like the rest of the site, we get together online. Except in our case, lots of us have met face-to-face at SU! events in the past.

I am *REALLY* hoping that in the SU! push to go global that Great Britain is included in expansion plans. I've got several British stamping publications and it appears that many of the stores are in the large, metropolitan areas. Pretty much confirmed by this thread, too. Which means that as a company, SU! would *thrive* because stampers would not only have access to product, but to demonstrators to teach them how to use it.

You ladies *ROCK*!!! ~ K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 08:24 AM   #62  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Yup...pretty gross to be marrying 1st cousins, isn't it??!! It would appear by name that two families kept marrying one another. Not really - my research showed that they were all the same family. I called my dad and we *laughed* and then about *retched*!!!
Well that's not quite as bad as the scenario I was imagining! ;)

Quote:

Well, it is a very *safe* place for demos to tell everything the way they see it - good, not-so-good, happy, sad, you name it! Right now all of the banter is about what we think the new catalog will and will not have. Sometimes, it's just feeling like there is the "protection" of being able to discuss demo-related challenges. Most of the time, we trade ideas and ask questions about what works in our business. Lots of us let our guards down and show our vulnerability and get cheered on whenever we feel like giving it all up. Lots of times, it is also a "meeting place" where, like the rest of the site, we get together online. Except in our case, lots of us have met face-to-face at SU! events in the past.
I'm green. I want to be a demo. (stamps foot)

Quote:

I am *REALLY* hoping that in the SU! push to go global that Great Britain is included in expansion plans. I've got several British stamping publications and it appears that many of the stores are in the large, metropolitan areas. Pretty much confirmed by this thread, too. Which means that as a company, SU! would *thrive* because stampers would not only have access to product, but to demonstrators to teach them how to use it.
Now you're talking my language!!!! I think they'd thrive, too - card-making has REALLY taken off, and we need to educate the British card-makers into making NICE cards with stamps (biting tongue about the general style of British card-making :twisted: ). I just hope that when SU do come, they don't hike the prices up big time - if they could keep them just under the prices in the shops, I think they'd stand a better chance of success.

Quote:

You ladies *ROCK*!!! ~ K
You know? I think we do!!! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-16-2006, 08:26 AM   #63  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by knotsjie
great language...Danish... can't understand a word of it! �
Quote:

Originally Posted by fool4scrapping
Hej Sara! Jeg er ikke dansker, men jeg taler dansk (om lidt!) Jeg var udvekslingsstudenter i Danmark i 1986. Jeg er ikke saa godt at skrive paa dansk, men jeg kan godt taler det! (my grammar is terrible!!) Jeg boede paa Falster, i Stubbekobing. Jeg gik i skolen i Nykobing F.
Hvor boede du i Danmark?

Hilsen!
Tina
Then allow me to translate ;)

Hello Sara! I am not a Dane, but I speak Danish (a little). I was an exchange student in Denmark in 1986. I am not so good at writing in Danish, but I can speak it well! I lived on Falster, in Stubbekobing. I went to school in Nykobing F.
Where did you live in Denmark?

Regards,
Tina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:25 AM   #64  
Rubber Obsessor

I love this post!!!! Jeg er litt norsk... bare fordi min mann er norsk.. (I'm a little norwegian, only cos my husband is norwegian). Tetapi saya setengah melayu (but i'm half malay), but my dad is from Singapore...

I live in Toronto, Canada.. does that make sense.. ?

I love this post - thanks for starting it Nouk!
more of me : http://suemylde.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 08:44 AM   #65  
Insane Embellisher

My husband is on a business trip in Holland right now...(but I forget where!) I know he flew into Frankfort and then into Dusseldorf and drove about 45 minutes into the town in Holland ?? He works for a company called Akzo Nobel, Intervet. I miss him. :( I'm just glad he didn't have to fly into England! That still makes me a little nervous! Welcome to our European and other World Wide friends!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #66  
Polyshrink Goddess

How about Americans living in Europe? I live in Belgium in Noord-Limburg. I wasn't familiar with the towns you live in, Anouk and Danielle, so I mapped it and found that Renkum is about and hour and a half away and Tilburg is about an hour away. We've been here for just over 2 years and have just under 2 more to go. We really like living in this area, we are so close to the Netherlands and Germany not to mention that Paris is only 4 hours away. We don't have any cats, we have a dog...who has become a grumpy old lady. I've only been stamping for...I don't know...about a year and a half, I'd guess.

My mother is English, but she has been in the States since she was 17. I really loved reading this thread and seeing where everyone is at. Bedankt!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #67  
Rubber Obsessor

how funny! As a stamper I want to live in the USA or Canada, because I like your stamps more, hehehe! But I love Holland!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #68  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

I am from the United States (Colorado) but I just wanted to say...your card is very nice. I enjoyed seeing it. Just today I met a very nice person on line here at SCS. We have been sending messages to each other this afternoon. She is from the UK. She loves SU and is frustrated because it is so hard to get the product where she lives. The postage is alot having it shipped to her. I am going to tell her about this thread so you two can get acquainted!

I enjoyed reading all of your posts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 02:36 PM   #69  
Hot Wheels

Hi y'all!
Hei alle norske og danske
Terve suomi
Guten tag!

My name is Jane and i come from a town in Norway that's called Trondheim. I am 32, soon 33, and i have been stamping for about 4 years now. I got hooked when i tried it, and i have stayed hooked ever since! It's so nice to see that we are in fact quite a few europeans on scs, and even a few Norwegians! lol

I also belong to a fee Norwegian forums, but i have gotten to know so many nice people and found some really good friends here on scs, that this is where i spend most of my time, and then mostly with the Sisterhood of the Lostie girls, since i am a fan of the show Lost.

I must say that i loved the idea of this thread!
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #70  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Nouk - Not European, but had to mention one of our good friends here is Dutch, he is married to one of my best friends! We just had a big party for his 50th birthday and had "all things Dutch" to eat and see. It was fun! You sound as addicted to rubber stamps as the rest of us...this is the place for you - it is just fun to find new techniques and meet some nice people!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #71  
Hot Wheels

Hi Marianne!

I thought you were french when i read your nickname! lol
Cards made in 2010:60
I'm going to PORCHA!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #72  
Rubber Obsessor

Natural mistake! I'm sure people wonder what my user name really is or why I used it! I was trying to make up a name for my card business, and since I work full time in a lab, I though of "find the time" since that is what I never seem to have enough of! I had French from 3rd grade through college and can read it better than speak it...doesn't help me much in Texas! My son is learning Spanish, much more needed here! But I still love my French!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2006, 12:31 AM   #73  
Failed Lurker

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehenstamper
He works for a company called Akzo Nobel
I've heard of them! I did some freelance work (designing company newsletter) for them a few years ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2006, 03:22 AM   #74  
Stampin' Fool

My friend Charmed over in London just pointed me to this thread and I thought I should chime in. I recently relocated to Meerbusch, Germany (near Dusseldorf) and I'm really enjoying it. My husband got relocated over here for 2 years, and while I'll miss being able to demo for SU, I can at least keep myself active by selling to existing US customers.

I've been stamping for almost 5 years with mostly Stampin' Up! products. I signed up as a demo 3 years ago after my daughter was born and my husband and I decided I would stay at home with her. We lived in Mtn. View California, near San Francisco.

I'm still learning my way around here, and am hoping to find some craft stores nearby soon! I'm needing to stock up on a few supplies (like adhesive!) but hopefully will get a craft gun soon.

Thanks, it's been fun reading about you all, maybe we can all get together for our own "mini SCS convention"sometime!!

Best Regards,
Jana

Visit my Stampin' Blog!

I design for Memories Live On
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2006, 06:30 AM   #75  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by janacb
My friend Charmed over in London just pointed me to this thread and I thought I should chime in. I recently relocated to Meerbusch, Germany (near Dusseldorf) and I'm really enjoying it. My husband got relocated over here for 2 years, and while I'll miss being able to demo for SU, I can at least keep myself active by selling to existing US customers.

I've been stamping for almost 5 years with mostly Stampin' Up! products. I signed up as a demo 3 years ago after my daughter was born and my husband and I decided I would stay at home with her. We lived in Mtn. View California, near San Francisco.

I'm still learning my way around here, and am hoping to find some craft stores nearby soon! I'm needing to stock up on a few supplies (like adhesive!) but hopefully will get a craft gun soon.

Thanks, it's been fun reading about you all, maybe we can all get together for our own "mini SCS convention"sometime!!

Best Regards,
Jana
Hi Jana! I'm also in Germany ~ Ramstein AFB. I'm not sure how close we are, but I've heard of Dusseldorf. I haven't checked out any craft stores yet either, but I do know they exist. It would be fun to get a little "SCS gathering" for those of us in Europe. I've been a demo about 3 years, mainly to just support my hobby. We moved here in July from Ft. Leonard Wood, Missouri. Great to run into someone else from Germany.

My Gallery ~ My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2006, 07:34 AM   #76  
Pearl-ExPert

Hello!

I am not European but my husband is from England (emigrated to Canada about 7 years ago) and I live in Newfoundland, Canada which was a British Colony until just over 50 years ago (bit of a stretch there!) I loved reading your story and seeing the pics of your car, house and babies. I'm always interested to see what houses look like in different parts of the world as the architecture and building materials vary so much.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to seeing your creations in the gallery.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2006, 08:19 AM   #77  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Well that's not quite as bad as the scenario I was imagining! ;)

I'm green. I want to be a demo. (stamps foot)

Now you're talking my language!!!! I think they'd thrive, too - card-making has REALLY taken off, and we need to educate the British card-makers into making NICE cards with stamps (biting tongue about the general style of British card-making :twisted: ). I just hope that when SU do come, they don't hike the prices up big time - if they could keep them just under the prices in the shops, I think they'd stand a better chance of success.

You know? I think we do!!! ;)
I am so with you on that one Helen. I think I'll bite my tongue too, except to say peel-offs are the work of the devil! :mrgreen:

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #78  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Another European

It's quite some time after the last post on this thread but I only found out this morning about it.
I'm Eveline, I'm Dutch, I live in Etten Leur which is in the south of Holland. I got to know about SCS through another web site and I became hooked immediatly. I have one SU set. But I love to have more. I lived in Tucson AZ for a year but didn't know anything about stamping or scrapbooking at the time. So now I check the American on-line stores to drool over the stamps.
My DH went to Springfield Ohio last week and he brought me back a cuttlebug but as he hasn't got a clue about stamping I didn't ask him to bring me back some stamps.
Any one coming over from the States (or any other country off course) can stay with me. Payment: a SU stamp set, LOL.
Eveline.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:03 AM   #79  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Hi there! I am live in the UK but am from Ireland. There are some great websites that will deliver to Europe....oh should I have told you that, it may be very very expensive
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:12 AM   #80  
Glitter Guru

I am American, temporarily living in Stuttgart Germany. I love Europe! If I could live in any country it would be the Netherlands! I absolutely LOVE it there!
Reply With Quote Likes