Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-22-2005, 12:30 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Do We Appreciate?

I think I am finally recovering from the few days that we were without SCS. I cannot believe how much this wonderful community has become such an important part of my life. The friendships that are forming will last for years to come.

My "big sister", Debbie has taught me many things in my life. One of those being that a handwritten note speaks more than just the words that are written upon it. The amount of time and TLC that it takes to write a hand witten thank you is always very much appreciated.

I think it is important to take a moment and to say a special thank you to the moderators and administrators of this wonderful website. I have done a little investigative work and have found some interesting tidbits about each of them ... just in case someone would like to surprise them with a little something special sometime. ;)

Just want to let everyone know that I did have permission of posting real name and addresses by each of the persons named in this thread.

Last edited by keagle; 04-22-2005 at 06:20 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Founders of SCS

Daven and Tracy Nolta are the founders of this website ... without them ... SplitCoastStampers would have never happened! You can click on the About menu option from the home page to find out how the website got started. Here is that link: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/about/

When they do the fast food thing ... they visit Wendy's or KFC. Daven and Tracy are both coffee drinkers and share the passion of Starbucks like many of us! And the kids love cocoa! When they have a moment to kick back and watch a movie, they are NetFlix or Blockbuster type folks.

Did you know that Daven's father was instrumental in founding an organization called Pierce County Chaplaincy in Tacoma, Washington? If you would like to learn more about this charity, please read on ... http://www.tacomafiredepartment.org/files/VolStaff/volstaff.htm

Daven & Tracy Nolta
1901 NE 162nd Ave.
Suite D-105 #548
Vancouver, WA 98684
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Administrators of SCS

Daven has two volunteers that help administer this website. Beate Johns and Jennifer Balcer. For questions about navigating through the website and what is available to you, a visit to the following link will prove to be very helpful: http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_user_maintainMost of the Q&A was written by another SCS volunteer, Catie Lewis. You can post your question in the form of a thread in a forum that applies. It is very likely that another SplitCoastStamper member will be able to answer your question. And if you are not able to find the help you need, you can send an email to help@splitcoaststampers (an email will be sent to Beate and Jennifer) and they will answer your questions.

As mentioned above, Beate Johns is one of the administrators for SCS. Beate shares the tasks of approving all of the uploads to the gallery. With 40,000+ members (as of 4/22/2005), you can imagine the number of uploads that happen! I think she and Jennifer do an excellent job of maintaining the gallery section of SCS. Another area of focus for Beate is the tutorial section here at SCS. If you are not familiar with all of the tutorials available from this website .. please take a moment and peruse away: //www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/ Beate writes very clearly and the visuals that she provides does wonders for people like me!

You should also check out Beate's gallery: www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/beate

When Beate's family does the fast food thing, they choose Sonic as their place of choice. (You gotta love those foot long chilli cheese dogs!) She and her family purchase DVDs and have quite a library to select from. Sadly, her husband is allergic to most fragrances. She is a diet coke addict! Her latest crafting passion is for "rubicoil bindings" and she loves metal embellishments and ribbons, ribbons, ribbons!

Beate Johns aka Beate
26108 Phillips Place
San Antonio, TX 78260

As mentioned earlier, Jennifer Balcer is one of the administrators for SCS. Jennifer shares the tasks of approving all of the uploads to the gallery. She is also the more seasoned computer whiz in the bunch and helps Daven wherever needed. I know Jennifer has been very helpful to me ... she created a special spot in the gallery just for swaps. Then the collection of items from a swap can be viewed together as a collection.

You should also check out Jennifer's gallery: www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/jbalcer

Jennifer enjoys Taco Bell, Chick-Fil-A, Subway and Pizza Hut for fast food dining. I thought I read somewhere that she has more movies than Blockbusters! LOL! Her favorite fragrances consist of "Channel Coco Mademoiselle", "Coconut Lime Verbena" by Bath & Body Works and also their NeedAMargarita scrub! She likes herbal teas, cocoa, lemonade, etc. And when she crafts she is always looking for that perfect ribbon to go with her project!

Jennifer Balcer aka JBalcer
2531 Cove Brook
Schertz, TX 78154
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2005, 12:35 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Moderators of SCS

The next line of volunteers at SCS are called Moderators. Moderators oversee specific forums. They have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, etc. If you have a question about a specific forum and it's content, you would ask a SCS Moderator for that forum for help. There are four SCS moderators ... Britta Ward, Keri Sereika, Catie Lewis and Jovita Kloess.

Britta is a SCS moderator for all forums. She is also the SU Demo verification approver for the SU Demo forum. Britta is always willing to answer any question that anyone has even if she has heard the same question over and over and over! Her smiling avatar always makes me feel very welcome here ...

You should also check out Britta's gallery: www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/camsmom

Britta's favorite fast food place is McDonald's and she buys DVDs from Best Buy. Her favorite fragrance is "Happy" by Clinique. (Seems quite fitting, doesn't it?) Her favorite beverage is Crystal Light Raspberry Lemonade and she shares Jennifer's passion for ribbons and fibers.

Britta's father passed away in 1992 of cancer. A charity that is very close to her heart and family is the American Cancer Society. If you would like to learn more about this organization, here is the link: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/home/index.asp

Britta Ward aka Camsmom
721 Cottonwood Drive
Severna Park, MD 21146

Keri is one of the moderators at SCS. Her posts are always so upbeat and cheery! I seek her posts out to lift my spirits as needed. And when tempers fly (which we are 99.99% women .. that is going to happen!), she is there to calm things down.

Keri's husband is one of our brave soldiers fighting for our freedom and Keri is doing her part by organizing the effort called "Stamp Your Heart Out". She collects handmade cards and sends them to the troops overseas. This is a wonderful cause!

Here is the link:
http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1980&highlight=Patriots

You should also check out Keri's gallery: www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sereikastamper

Keri's favorite fast food place is Chick-Fil-A and she rents movies from Block Buster or buys them from Best Buy. A few of her favorite fragrances are "Becoming" by Avon and "Belara" by Mary Kay. For her drinking pleasure ... she likes herbal teas, hot cocoa, Chick-Fil-A lemonade and Root Beer if she is eating Pizza! Her favorite crafting items right now are brads, metals, silk flowers and checked ribbons.

Keri Lee Sereika aka Sereikastamper
8593 Brookforest Dr
North Charleston, SC 29406

Catie started out as the SCS Swap Forum Moderator. She is now a "global" gal and is one of the SCS Forum Moderators for all forums. She is also the official SCS Cookbook organizer and as I think she has referred to herself many times .... the "Duchess of Dork"! LOL!!! She has been instrumental in the swap forum and as a swap addict, I appreciate everything that she does for SCS!

Catie's favorite eatin' places are Arby's and McDonald's. Catie is also another DVD buyer instead of renter kind of gal. Catie likes "Calyx" by Prescriptives and "Happy" by Clinique. And something I have recently discovered about her ... is she loves rose essential oils from Wild Oats Market! She enjoys drinking a cup of Bigelow's Earl Grey tea. And what does she reach for most often when crafting? Fibers, ribbons and eyelets.

Catie Lewis aka Catie
3035 S. 70th St. #124
Omaha, NE 68106

Jovita is the moderator of the Buy/Sell/Trade(BST) forum. I can only imagine the quantity of PMs she must receive being in this role! What an awesome job you do! Be sure to check out all of the great guidelines and suggestions that have been written about what can or cannot be sold or traded in this forum. You will find these as "sticky" posts at the top of the following forum:

BST Forum link: http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

You should also check out Jovi's gallery: www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/jovi

Jovita's favorite eatin' place is Wendy's and she does her DVD rentals through Blockbuster. Her favorite fragrance is vanilla and loves to relax with General Foods International Coffees Cappuccino Coolers. She loves to incorporate eyelets and brads into her handmade items!

Jovita's brother was diagnosed with Schizophrenia when he was 18 years old. He is now leading a very productive, independent life under the control of medications. The NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill) organization has done wonders for people with this condition. If you would like to find out more about this organization, here is the link: www.nami.org

Jovita Kloess
7534 Old Spec Road
Falcon, CO 80831
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2005, 04:21 PM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
luvstochatchatCHAT

Received 1,411 Likes on 707 Posts

WOW, what a great post! Thank you for doing all this homework! I've often wondered about everyone and who they are and how it all got started!

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2005, 04:33 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

COOL! Thanks for gathering all that info for us!

I know that I appreciate everyone very much and I know that it is a ton of work to keep the site up and running....

MY HATS OFF TO YOU ALL!!

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2005, 06:07 PM   #7  
Die Cut Diva

I truly appreciate all the ladies that do the weekly challenges. Life is very busy and they still remember to post the challenges week after week and keep us all inspired. Thank you.

Asela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2005, 05:52 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you "Keagle" for all the information you posted. It is most helpful to know all of this - and we want to let everyone know we appreciate all the hard work. I cannot imagine approving all the cards and other photos. This is one dedicated group.

THANK YOU

(Sorry if this is a duplicate - something happened in the middle of writing this the first time. Computers....!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 05:27 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I would truly like to thank everyone who has a hand in this organization. The founders, administrators, all who take care of me as a member. I am new to stamping, and in awe of what is out there to help me. If I need anything explained, in minutes its there. If I need ideas, instantly its there. I could go on and on with heart felt gratitude toward all of your dedication to this site. Thank you again. Sharon Tushek
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 05:39 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

I think there should be a 'sticky' on this subject for a little while - what great info!

Hope mailboxes are flooded with thanks, thanks and more thanks! All who work to make our SCS what it is are absolutely amazing!

Thanks for posting all the info for us.

Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 06:59 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks, kimberly! you did a lot of work! and i agree, PUT A STICKY ON THIS THREAD!!!!!

btw - if anyone is looking for a great swap to join, check out keagle's, she is a wonderful person to work with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 07:04 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Do you guys think this should be moved over to the General Forums area? I didn't know for sure where to post it.

Thanks Rita!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2005, 09:43 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

yes, kimberly, i think it should be moved to a more prominent area. i came upon this thread in a "round-about" way. i usually don't pay any attention to the announcements forum, and i'm probably representative of a good many users! i tend to read the general discussion and everyday chit chat first before perusing the rest. i know a few people who tend to skip everyday chit chat because topics on there can get heated; so i'd say to post it again in the general discussion area. but it's probably good to consult with the moderators, they're much more experienced at these types of decisions than i am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

bump
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 05:18 PM   #15  
Crimping Master

Dear Keagle-meister~

Great detective work. I've actually saved the info in a Word doc.

Thanks so much. I missed Big's birthday. Maybe I can do something now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 07:20 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for posting this info! And a HUGE THANK YOU to all the people who work to make SCS the awesome place that it is! I can't imagine the time it takes to keep this going. I appreciate your work and this wonderful, inspiring website!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 04:43 AM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great list! Thanks so much for doing this.

I am worried though that someone might have been overlooked - after all, where would all us RAKing ladies be without Ginapier??
And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.

Last edited by inkylady; 04-26-2005 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: can't spell
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 05:00 AM   #19  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkylady
What a great list! Thanks so much for doing this.

I am worried though that someone might have been overlooked - after all, where would all us RAKing ladies be without Ginapier??
I chose to only "address" (no pun intended! LOL!) the administrators and moderators because I am not a member of each of the groups on SCS. I appreciate everything that Ginapier does! And I'm sure her address is on the RAK list and would encourage for everyone to take this idea and "pay it forward" so to speak. I hope that this thread does encourage others to say "Thanks" more and more on SCS!

I know that the admins/mods have being spending even a bigger chunk of their lives on SCS with all of the server issues before and now all of the new features of the new system. There is a lot of magic that goes on "behind the curtains" in the land of OZ.

Thank you for mentioning Ginapier - what an awesome lady!

Kimberly

Last edited by keagle; 04-26-2005 at 05:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2005, 05:28 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvtostampstampstamp
WOW, what a great post! Thank you for doing all this homework! ...
I wonder if that was what my mom was mumbling about the other day....

Wow Kimberly-and everyone else-thanks for the love!
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2005, 02:14 PM   #22  
Insane Embellisher

bump!
James 1:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 02:55 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

BTT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2005, 03:37 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

Great list - thanks for posting it! Those guys deserve the thanks for all they do here!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks to all of you for keeping this site running so smoothly!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 11:09 AM   #26  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Kristin Maxwell (Stamp2themax)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY TREAT IN TEH MAIL-one of my favorite sets (and favorite treats!!!!)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN!
What a fun thing to find in my mailbox today-the envelope alone made me smile!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 12:05 PM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

Talking Who do we appreciate

Wanted to put forth my thank you's for those that have put this together. I am stamper for many years, and so glad this forum is here. I appreicate all the hard that each of you put into it, to keep it going, and providing this forum for us to view and gather new ideas.

The joy that everyone has is quite evident. We all like making cards, and have fun doing. Look at all the friendships that have been started, and how we all look out for each other, when one is ill or away for sometime.

Keep up the good work, and "positive" flow.
Caroline
Minnetonka, MN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 01:46 PM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess

I just love this place, and everyone here who makes it such an incredible place! Owners, moderators, participants......

I too agree that this site has brought SO MUCH to my life in the past year and a half......the friendships I have developed with my "cyber pals" mean everything to me!!

I can't EVAH thank Daven and Tracy enough for letting us all play in their sandbox!

This place, and you guys ALL TOTALLY ROCK!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2005, 01:53 PM   #29  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

BRAVO Admins and Moderators!

What a fantastic job you do for all of us in your SCS family!
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2005, 01:39 PM   #30  
SCS Moderator

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Keagle for being so sweet!

In the mail today I got the coolest card made from a white bag from Kimberly (who also worked so hard to post the original info). hwne you flipped open the bacl two pockets opened up and she had little lavender cellophane bags with cool ribbon and eyelets. It was coooooool!
Here is a link to her cool card!

Kimberly's Wonderful RAK

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #31  
Gabfest Goddess

WOW! Thank you to all as well - this is the first time I saw this thread (I am guilty of not reading all forums). What a great idea and awesome job of getting this post out there!! Everyone does a wonderful job keeping this site running!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 AM   #32  
SCS Moderator

THANK THANK THANK YOU TO RUBBERNECKER!

She sent me the COOLEST new color chart that had samples of the new color inks and papers with a comparison to the current ones.

Not only is it awesomely set up-but too cool since she took the time to punch out the colors and stamp them on the other side.

It is absolutely cool and I cannot that you enough!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU AGAIN!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2005, 02:52 PM   #33  
Hardware Hotshot

Thank you for all the work you all do for us!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #34  
Die Cut Diva

Wow! That was great! Thanks to everyone...

Susan

ttp://gallery.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=15458
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #35  
Gabfest Goddess

Thank you to all the people that make this place so great! I am Subscribing to this thread so I can find it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #36  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

I can't place my hands on it right now, but don't forget Beate has a new address. She doesn't get furniture till next week, but I'm SURE she'd love a card or two.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes