Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2010, 06:45 PM   #441  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Martha, I received my CTMH consultant kit Monday. I am so excited about all the great products, especially the Veranda kit(Andrew was right about this one!). I am really impressed with the quality of the stamps, as well. I have been a die hard "rubber" fan for years, but the My Acrylix have definitely changed my mind! Also, the Keynotes magazine for consultants is so well written with fabulous ideas and artwork. I have to say I am loving this company more each day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

ahh Kathy how kool. Ok, so I did two cards today, I did use a digi from MyGrafico but sentiment from the so lucky set of ctmh ;)
its on my blog ;)
Matboard Maniac

Glad Kathy you are loving your new CTMH kit and i thought you may like the Veranda, it is to me the best classic styled theme out of the Spring CTMH idea book, so glad they included it in the consultant kit.
I Know their is an add on Creative basics veranda papers small kit on page 30 X5809 it comes with 4 yards of Creme Brulee Grosgrain ribbon with white stitching .
the veranda workshop on the go is nice it comes with the exclusive My acrylix B size stamp set called Follow Your heart this is really lovely and you get the Filigree charms too. I Shall be doing this sometime this year for my group as a workshop and i will use the add on Creative Basics and the inkpad colours which match into the paper

There is available still a theme called Perfect day it came out i believe winter 2008 it is still available, but i guess may retire sometime this year.
the paper packets are level 1 X7100A and the level 2 my favourite is X7100B the matching stamp sets are Inspiration B1314 and lifes Creation D1304 i shall be doing a workshop on the above using the level 2 paper packet this is a classy theme and you can add other elements like brads , ribbons edge anchors and also the veranda matching stamp set So sweet will work with the above , you can use the hummingbirds messages and flowers and mix and match .
I guess most CTMH fans will know i love traditional classic styles the ones which dont date and you can use time and time again , im not a funky image lover.

i would like to thank everyone who posts regularly on this our Community CTMH thread, if you know somone who loves CTMH, invite them to post on here we are slowly growing and this i am proud of . keep on posting about your love anything CTMH related it could be just like i have posted the product what it means to you how you use it why you like a certain apaper packet or stamps set and what you created with it and hopefully you will share your work too.
Have A Great Day
must dash
Andrew
SCS RAK Coordinator

Oh, I bought that new Veranda too... the level 2 paper pack AND the extra Creative Basics kit on page 30. I am thinking CARD MAKING!!!! The ribbon will be nice... but I wish they sold creme brulee brads? The only way to get them is in the Spring Blossom Mini Medley. I ordered some Juniper cardstock also.

Maybe I can go to JoAnn's/Michaels/HobbyLobby and match Creme Brulee to some of their brads...

Hey Andrew... can you add a 'technique' challenge to your next project for us? I'm thinking like something featured in the catalog? Like "Coloring with a Waterbrush" on page 9 or "Faux Base and Shade Stmaping" on page 13?
Stazon Splitcoast

what is the closes ctmh paper that looks like kraft paper, I love kraft paper ;)
Matboard Maniac

Hi Martha i am not sure which cardstock would be a replication to kraft , but the Bamboo is a good neutral shade which works well with other CTMH colour tones so i guess Bamboo would be the best shade.
Also i like Desert Sand another neutral colour which works well even at Christmas time with colours like ponderosa pine and cranberry also the Bamboo willl work too just a shade lighter .
I shall try to incorporate some techniques into the card challenges next one is March so look out for that one coming soon.
Andrew
SCS RAK Coordinator

OK, I got curious and went out to the CTMH website. I watched the "New! Oh, Baby!" video from the CTMH TV link. They did the Emboss Resist technique. I was also inspired to do a St. Patrick's Day card after looking at creatingisfun's cards...

Check my gallery for the finished product! Just uploaded... so give it a few...
Mad Swapper

Does anyone know where I could find the CTMH gymnastics set? I have been looking and it seems impossible to find....thanks!

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Hi Everyone!

I love this thread! I only wish I had more time to contribute. I agree with Andrew....Bamboo is a great color. It is neutral but also adds a great accent color for your projects.

Ok, it is snowing here in Philly AGAIN. That means it it Snow Challenge time. Make a card that reminds us of spring BUT, do not use ANY White Daisy or Colonial White! Post here, my blog or my facebook page that you have completed the card. I am off to work on mine. Have fun and stay safe!

Cindy
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Here is the link to my card....
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Stazon Splitcoast

ahhh I just read the promotion for March, sooo sad! I should of waited to sign up lol ;)
Pearl-ExPert

Martha...where did you see the promo for March? I went into my demo's site, but I dont' see where to go for the March promo?
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
ahhh I just read the promotion for March, sooo sad! I should of waited to sign up lol ;)
I haven't been online to see it, but it's likely the same thing could be said abotu a promotion in, say, May. It's always the way!
Stazon Splitcoast

yup, great opportunity for those that want to join, free stamps is always awesome.
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Good Morning Everyone - GUESS WHAT???? It is STILL snowing in Philly. I can't stand it! :o)

The March promotion is a great one for anyone signing up durning that month. Freebee STOM's. That was one of the hardest things for me to get rolling with when I signed up.

Speaking of the Stamp of the Month, I am off to finish off my Blog Hop projects. The Hop goes live around 9pm Sunday evening with over 60 gals participating.

Stay safe in the snow!
Cindy
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Matboard Maniac

Hi everyone,

My name is Benjaman Turner and I only recently began revisiting CTMH products. Initially, it was the wonderful papers that drew me back -- but I have to say that the embellishments are so beautiful. Then there is the color families and the stamps (of course.) One could just go on and on.

One of my new favorite tools is the Scrapbook Program book Reflections. I have been scrapbooking for several years but to see the foundations broken down into 10 patterns is quite eye opening and so less daunting. Just brilliant! Having said that, I am now working on February's kit of the month and specifically the additional projects second page layout which refers back to the Imagine book, which I do not own at this point. I've looked through Reflections and the nearest I find to the layout depicted is 10c Sampler-Mix but am wondering if someone recognizes a better companion layout match than this one?

Thanks,
Watercolor Wizard

Welcome Benjamin!

I'm in the oppsote boat...I own Imagine but not Reflections. Am I correct in understanding that you would like to find soemthing else you can use in Reflections with that 10c Sampler you referred to? (If I'm wrong and you're looking for an Imagine idea I can likely help you.)

~ Denise
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by teacher4416View Post
Welcome Benjamin!

Am I correct in understanding that you would like to find soemthing else you can use in Reflections with that 10c Sampler you referred to? (If I'm wrong and you're looking for an Imagine idea I can likely help you.)

~ Denise
Denise,

Thanks for the welcome! I am attempting to figure out the Imagine layout, so far only cropped the photos. The layout says Imagine: Understudy - Right. I would be so grateful if you would be willing to look that layout up and pass along the cutting dimensions. Thank you so much! For the future, I'd be happy to return the favor if you need anything from Reflections! :-)

BTW, I got Reflections at AC Moore with a 50% off coupon for like $15.00 - it was quite the steal!
Watercolor Wizard

Quite the steal is right!!

I'm bundled up at the moment and on my way out to shovel, will take a look for you as soon as I get back in. (Having a snow day means no teaching but still working on shoveling and grading, lol!)
Pearl-ExPert

Denise, how much snow do you have now? We only got a dusting, which is fine with us after having received 52" within a 5 day period the beginning of the month! Be careful out there shoveling!! Also, how can I look at the March promo? TIA! Karen
Pearl-ExPert

Benjamine, I went into your blog...first time, and it was a HOOT!! You made me laugh!! Cut that paper pack in half, like you planned, and then if you still don't like it, give it to the kids to play with!!
Stazon Splitcoast

blog hop? where I want to see ;)
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
Denise, how much snow do you have now? We only got a dusting, which is fine with us after having received 52" within a 5 day period the beginning of the month! Be careful out there shoveling!! Also, how can I look at the March promo? TIA! Karen
Hi Karen!

5 inches out there when I started shoveling right after my last post. The bottom 2 inches are wet, heavy, already turning to ice snow. The rest coming down now is the light and fluffy kind. I wanted to get the worst of it up before it all turned to ice later. My card gatehring for tonight has been canceled as a result, but the girls were also coming tomorrow for a card holder project so we'll do the cards then. (I am using up my non-CTMH stash in these classes which is why I haven't posted any photos on the thread.)

I went to the Corp site and looked under the menus along the top until something looked right. Brilliant, I know. I think it was udner Corporate Events, or Promotion, maybe even Campaigns. The deal for March is sign up duirng March and get all 4 SOTM from the Summer 2010 idea book for free with your kit. There were links to see the stamp sets , too.

Not that helpful, I know, but that's what I rememebr, sorry. :(
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Benjamine, I went into your blog...first time, and it was a HOOT!! You made me laugh!! Cut that paper pack in half, like you planned, and then if you still don't like it, give it to the kids to play with!!
I did the same and totally agree!!
Stazon Splitcoast

yea i read it from an email.
Matboard Maniac

Hello everyone Ctmh fans and all, thanks for the posts of late and also to a newbie our first MALE to post here on our CTMH community thread. WELCOME Benjamin so glad you posted and are enjoying CTMH produts. I do once remember you from a past experience of another company you were a demo well all i can say is if you ever decide to do a DSA company again as a consultant, i can highly highly recommend CTMH.
I am not a consultant for CTMH, but CTMH are rather special they have a vibe of friendship and take interest in those who care about CTMH products but without the shoving down the throat attitude or a better word suffercating you .
I do hope you will visit us often share your love and experiences of CTMH and maybe some projects in the CTMH gallery or maybe you have your own gallery here at splitcoast.
Sorry to hearmany areas in America are once again having snow, we are having high winds and rain at the moment in the UK its horrid cold weather, but we can all cheer ourselves up, all nice and cosy inside in the warmth with our love of crafting and of course with CTMH who else.

Have A Nice Evening Everyone.
Andrew.
Stazon Splitcoast

Benjaman, I just saw your blog, how cute! great layouts ;) and oh yea Michaels is dangerous lol
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Just placed my first CTMH order in a couple of years. I had a BUNCH of paper packs that I hadn't used. I have been on an organizing and purging kick and was going to get rid of them because I hadn't used them in so long. Looking at them I realized the reason I hadn't used them was I didn't think there was enough cardstock with them for the projects I wanted to do. SO, ordered a bunch of matching cardstock and I will be ale to use them now!

Now I need to go back and read the rest of the thread. ;)
Matboard Maniac

All, thanks for the wonderfully warm welcome to the thread. Andrew, you are correct I was a demo for another company. I did it for about six months and then bowed out, it was just to .... much for me (god, hope I don't get flamed for saying that.) Let's just say I was a failure at "it". So now I am just trying a bunch of different stamp companies, paper manufacturers and of course Close To My Heart.

I do hope to get somethings up on a gallery representing CTMH products. I didn't realize there was a CTMH gallery - I was just searching the other day for a stamp set (don't remember the title now) and came up empty. But I'll definitely check the gallery out.

Oh, and thanks for the comments on my blog. You know I ashamedly (a word?) admit that I took that K&Company 12x24 paper pad back. It was warped on the shelf and if left I would have NEVER used it -- my attic can attest to the many papercrafting products I have unwisely purchased. But it's time for another Michaels run - all those Martha Stewart punches and 20% off is calling to me.
Watercolor Wizard

That's too funny that you returned it. Makes you smarter than me though - I just hoarded the stuff I bought but never used. (I have since done some massive clean outs and donations!)
Pearl-ExPert

You guys are all just TOO funny! Benjamin, if you felt you wouldn't use that paper, it's best that you returned it!! Use that $$ for a punch instead!! Hhaha. I should have stamped today, my plans got changed, and I was able to stay home, but I ended up making peanut butter cookies instead of making cards. My family will be happy though! LOL...
Pearl-ExPert

Benjaman, I'm sorry!! I owe you an apology, cause I keep spelling your name wrong!! Sorry about that!!
Watercolor Wizard

Talking

Quote:

Benjaman, I'm sorry!! I owe you an apology, cause I keep spelling your name wrong!! Sorry about that!!
So did I, didn't notice until you mentioned it. :mrgreen: Sorry. :mrgreen:
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

Hi Everyone and a Warm Welcome to Benjaman!

We got at least a foot of snow in Philly. AHHHH.....

Just to let everyone know that I haven't been playing around all day....I have been crafting my little tail off. :o) I finished my projects for the Stamp of the Month Blog Hop....remember Sunday night at (9:00pm EST) and another "fancy" card....It is posted in my gallery and when I am done here, it will get posted to my blog....so much paperwork to get done! :o)

BTW - a shout out to Andew (once again) for his inspiration and help!

Have a great rest of the day everyone!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Glitter Queen

Hi there. I'm totally new to card making and stamps.

I emailed a local CTMH consultant. She has her own website. We emailed back and forth and she told me some of the basic things I would need to get started. I also requested a catalog to be mailed. (I know it is online....but for a newbie this is extra difficult....maybe it's just me). I placed a sizeable order which I did receive, but I have heard nothing from her and have not received a catalog. I did email her again to make sure she got my last email, and nothing.

Am I expecting too much? I don't even mind paying for the postage for the catalog. I'm not that interested in going to a workshop or a party. Just wanted someone who would send me a catalog and I could order through and email if I have any questions. Is there anyone on here that could help me? There are a few other local consultants, but I'm afraid of the same thing happening. Thanks so much!
Pearl-ExPert

You are NOT expecting too much! You deserve great service, and prompt replys to your questions. I am a consultant for another company, and I wouldn't dream of ignoring one of my paying customers! Or a customer who has not placed an order, for that matter! Shop around for a new consultant, til you get the service you are looking for. You can take your $$ elsewhere! CTMH has GREAT products, and you will love them! Find someone who is will take the time with you to teach you new techniques, and answer your questions!! They are out there!! Good luck!!
Stampin' Fool

Hello again, just checking in again. Hi Benjamin, good to see you here. I finally got the February kit of the month but haven't even looked at it. I know, I know. We got 1.5 feet of snow and we spent an hour and a half shoveling it. I feel not so good, but tomorrow I'm taking another day off and will get in there after working out to make some cards. I did post a card on my blog using CTMH paper and did another one but it had to dry, stickles. I'll upload it soon. I do love the heart dimensionals. Thanks to UPS, I didn't get the kit in time for Vday but I'll figure out something to use them on.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Red face I'm Back...

Hi CTMH Friends! I'm back from business and now looking to the weekend for some fun and creating! I came to play VSN but my scrapbook pages are calling to me tonight! ;)

Welcome to the thread Benjaman! I too have a DCWV stack of paper (actually still in the bag) that I came home with thanks to a 50% off coupon. I liked 1 paper & bought the whole stack...what was I thinking? :rolleyes: Haven't touched it. I've tried to stay away from local shopping to eliminate the "impulse" buy and just stick with my CTMH.

Cindy, I'm off to check out your "Snow Challenge" as we have 10+ inches of snow here!

"Bitsy55", sorry to hear about no follow up! I like catalog in my hand vs online as well, don't feel bad about asking for one. I'm really surprised the Demo didn't follow up. I don't think it's too much to ask!

I'll be back to do some sharing...
Matboard Maniac

Well good evening everyone but its really early hours here and i was going to bed but thought i would just see the latest posts thankyou so much a lot of activity today.
Good job i did check out the posts, Bitsy 55 sorry i dont know your name if you have had a strange experience with one consultant dont let this put you off, CTMH im sure if they knew, would not be happy its not the way they treat customers . PLEASE read the posts we have several CONSULTANTS who post on here nearly everyday. Three people who posted on here only a short while ago say half way through the 12 pages , have just become Consultants . We have a GEM of a Consultant who is very well respected and does very creative work look for the flower, on the posts im not prepared to give names, but im sure you will get the help you need and also a FREE catalogue if you choose to make enquiries.
I wish everyone goodnight and happy creativity .
Andrew.
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitsy55View Post
Hi there. I'm totally new to card making and stamps.

I emailed a local CTMH consultant. She has her own website. We emailed back and forth and she told me some of the basic things I would need to get started. I also requested a catalog to be mailed. (I know it is online....but for a newbie this is extra difficult....maybe it's just me). I placed a sizeable order which I did receive, but I have heard nothing from her and have not received a catalog. I did email her again to make sure she got my last email, and nothing.

Am I expecting too much? I don't even mind paying for the postage for the catalog. I'm not that interested in going to a workshop or a party. Just wanted someone who would send me a catalog and I could order through and email if I have any questions. Is there anyone on here that could help me? There are a few other local consultants, but I'm afraid of the same thing happening. Thanks so much!
Not al all. Like in every other business, you have people who are helpful and effiicient and people who are not. I have had a few Consultants over the years, and the second to last one did some of the things you mention. I owuld get a catalog, but I had access to other, potential customers so that was to her benefit. No follow up on orders, if I ordered at a class - whcih benefits her - I had to go pick it up...and it's 30 min away. If I ordered online there was little or no acknowledgment. After getting sick of it, I found Cindy (on this thread - hi Cindy!), and she was wonderful!!

I decided to sign up as a Consultant myself for a few reasons, but Cindy really restored my faith in the bad luck I had been experiencing with CTMH.

Sorry your experiences have not been good, and I certainly hope they improve!
~ Denise