Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2009, 01:39 PM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tchkView Post
The OP has stated, repeatedly, that she feels justified for her sentiments but ALSO has stated that she doesn't wish to discuss them anymore. Yet, the SU cheerleaders continue to chastise her.
*timidly raising hand* I had been thinking of the OP as a guy, since the username is Andrew Overton? Now I'm curious!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
If I buy any CTMH tonight it will be this thread's fault!! Off to check it out again. BTW, they have the BEST acrylic blocks!
oh yes love those blocks!
Pearl-ExPert

JOAN...I keep hearing that their acrylic blocks are terrific...I have some, but I may have to try theirs!! I like the idea of having the lines on them, so you can see that the stamp is straight!!
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
JOAN...I keep hearing that their acrylic blocks are terrific...I have some, but I may have to try theirs!! I like the idea of having the lines on them, so you can see that the stamp is straight!!
The lines don't come on them. BUT, you can buy stickers to put on them that do have the lines (and that are cut to fit the blocks). I can't remember if the stickers are removable or not. However, they really are the best of both worlds. The blocks also have the cushion grip design and are nice and thick so they are easy to hold and stamp with. I really like them. Strike that, I love them. They're hands down the best acrylic blocks I've used. And, you can buy them in a set to save a few bucks.

I also love the stamp of the month. It's such a neat way for customers to get discounted and limited edition product. And, they have a once a year stamp sale where you buy two sets and get one free! I got four stamp sets in my last order, two for free (one was the stamp of the month).

I also love their idea books. They're simply laid out and it's super easy to get pages put together quickly. I put together 30 2 page 12x12 layouts for my wedding album. I'll put the pictures and embellishments on them while I'm on a retreat in a few weeks. I'm not a big scrapper, so it's super nice to have an easy and fast way to put together a banging album! I haven't used their card idea book(s), but I would expect that it/they (can't remember if there's more than one or not) would also be excellent.
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
I mainly scrapbook although I do make some cards and I really like my CTMH stamps & papers for my scrapbooks! Really like the clear, unmounted stamps and how easy they are to store. I always enjoy new catalogs and all the fun stuff they come out with! My gallery is full of CTMH scrap pages! I am working on Christmas cards and plan to use "Jingle" paper. My favorite card idea book is "Wishes"! :mrgreen:
The Jingle paper is stinking cute. The catalog does not do it justice!
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks karen...for the lowdown on their blocks!! I am definately gonna order them on my next round!!
Watercolor Wizard

No problem. Anytime! I used other blocks for years and was kicking myself when I finally bought the CTMH ones. The others didn't even compare.

As for the Jingle paper, there are matching glitter brads in the back of the catty that go perfectly. I made a Christmas album from the Jingle paper that I still need to put pictures into and embellish and I got the brads to match.

Another cool feature of CTMH is that you can order anything from any catalog during the calendar year. So, I can order products from the first catalog of the year now. They will retire some products at the end of next month (and put them on sale), but it's nice to know that you're not limited to only the products in the current quarter's catalog.
Glitter Queen

Ok, so I am neither an SU demo or a CTMH demo, but I own both and love both for different reasons.

SU was my first dive into stamping. I LOVE their cardstock, their yearly colors, and their ribbon. I don't like that their stamp pads don't work well on acrylic stamps and am relieved that they are going to start selling stamps unmounted (I hope without the wooden block, and cheaper). Their prices have gone through the roof, IMHO, so I haven't been buying many stamps from them lately. Also my demo moved and my other one quit, so I was demo-less. I will keep buying their paper, tho!

I am newer to CTMH, but am in love with their stamps. I wish their cardstock was solid (no white core), but their paper sets are beautiful and their ink is good and a lot easier to open than the newer style SU pads. I like that they have more masculine stamp sets and their stamp of the month is great. If I do become a demo, it would probably be for CTMH.

I am in the process of moving all my wood-block stamps to acrylic. Very time consuming, but will be worth it in the end storage-wise and stamping-wise, I think.

Jean
Matboard Maniac

phew nice post of late i too like the comfort of the CTMH Acrylic blocks will have to get the bigger sizes, i have seen some very large stamps like corner flourishes and i need a bigger block to accomodate the images.
Yes i am a male stamper and run workshops and classes inthe UK. so i guess if i am treat like an 8 year old it will go over my head.

So glad CTMH crafters are posting i too love the papers and maybe one day CTMH might do a heavy cardstock without white core but its nice to pick and choose the cardstock from various sources and mix and match .
the inkpads i am slowly building up i have so many others from various companies even su which are a pain for bevelling in the middle but the colours are good but rubbish for Acrylic the ink beads on the surface, so anyone thinking of trying CTMH stamps the best inkpads are the CTMH ones i think the ink is specially designed for Acrylica polymer.
Insane Embellisher

Location: Virginia, where we have the beach and mountains all in one state!!

I've been buying CTMH for over 4 years now and love them. I have all of their inks and I h think it's the best coverage. I love their stamps. I am a huge fan of Photopolymer stamps and then just plain bare stamps if I buy rubber.

Blocks, OMGosh they are fantastic. I have all of them and keep them in their organizer up on my peg board ready to grab. Love all the coordinating designer paper too.

Ok I could go on but I'll have to stop.

I am an equal opportunist but I do love CTMH!!

My "Small" Gallery
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
phew nice post of late i too like the comfort of the CTMH Acrylic blocks will have to get the bigger sizes, i have seen some very large stamps like corner flourishes and i need a bigger block to accomodate the images.
Yes i am a male stamper and run workshops and classes inthe UK. so i guess if i am treat like an 8 year old it will go over my head.

So glad CTMH crafters are posting i too love the papers and maybe one day CTMH might do a heavy cardstock without white core but its nice to pick and choose the cardstock from various sources and mix and match .
the inkpads i am slowly building up i have so many others from various companies even su which are a pain for bevelling in the middle but the colours are good but rubbish for Acrylic the ink beads on the surface, so anyone thinking of trying CTMH stamps the best inkpads are the CTMH ones i think the ink is specially designed for Acrylica polymer.
I agree with you Andrew. I am not a huge fan of white core cardstock either. Maybe one day. I also understand the ink is specifically designed to work with photopolymer and I have never been disappointed. My CMTH consultant loves me so much she is always making sure I get "the most" for my money.

My "Small" Gallery
Pearl-ExPert

I don't use much white core paper. I like the look for sanding, especially if I run the paper thru my Cuttlebug, then sand the design...that's a nice look. But for most of my card bases, and layers, I like the plain paper. No white core in the middle.
Matboard Maniac

I love CTMH's ink AND the design of their ink pads.
Stampin' Fool

Okay call me crazy but I LOVE their packaging :mrgreen:

I love the way their stamp sets are stored with their "color coded" and labeled inserts, and of course the cute little organizers for the stamp sets, blocks, embellishments, and tools. Presentation makes a big difference I think!!

of course I love the blocks also - by far they're superior to any other I've tried. and the inks work great. I'm slowly building my collection of their colors, but I absolutely love that they're keeping with the trends (especially for scrapbookers) and what "they" are known for, they excel at.

even the stamps smell nice (please tell me it's not just me??):oops: lol...

Polyshrink Goddess

Good Morning Everyone - Here is my story....I "heard" this thread was running but just found it now.

I love photography and made the leap to a digital camera when they first came out. Back then, I used a very rudimentary graphic program to add backgrounds to my pictures, printed out the 8 1/2 X 11 sheets and added stickers/mementos to complete the scrapbook. Think I might have been the "first" digital scrapbooker. :o) About a year later, I was invited to a scrapbooking home gathering. My love of paper began....I was a happy scrapper for about a year and then I met a gal at work who made cards. And, they were beautiful. Her friend was a demo so I got my hands on a catty. I placed an order that would have made Santa blush. My intent was to make cards and gifts for co-workers. When I got my goodies home, I gleefully openned the box and was so overwhelmed I didn't know what to do. The rubber was not on the wood block?!? I had ordered dozens (literally) of ceramic discs to stamp the two step Christmas Trees on. Once I figured out how to attach the rubber to the wood I tried and tried to match the "inside" of the tree to the "outside" of the tree with no success. Remember I bought a two step stamp. So frustrating. I finally said "forget this" and decided to stamp only the "outside" of the tree. I began to stamp on the discs and the ink wouldn't dry. (I had bought red and green stamp pads from the gal.) I remember needing to leave for a "business" Holiday party and having ink all over my hands and praying that the cat wouldn't get into the discs that were spread on the coffee table, DR table and end tables to dry while we were gone. When we got home from the party, I got the ink to set (a little) by using my hair dryer. Ever been a position like that?? If I only knew then that I should have purchased StazOn. When the little ornaments were done, they were cute, but I swore off stamping for years because of the bad experience.

Years later, I slid on ice and broke my leg. A good friend got an invite to attend a CTMH Open House. I couldn't go because of the cast but did get my hands on a catty. Well, I bought enough product to make the Easter Bunny hop! :o) I bought blocks and clear stamps and inks and....well...away I went again but this time with no trouble completing the projects! I have been scrapbooking AND stamping since then.

About a year and a half ago, I made the decision to become a demo. I researched the Big 4 (as I will call them) and made the decision to go with CTMH. I made the decision because of the balance between scrapbooking and stamping, the success I had had as a beginner and the overall quality of the products. I have never looked back and move forward with a broad smile on my face.

Recently, I have been doing a number of Craft Fairs. I have many items for sale using CTMH products and of course tell people about the company and share the catty. I never want anyone to have the bad experience I had trying a new product. (I realize that a portion of my problem was the individual demo that I purchased from... As a first time stamper, I should have never been sold what I was sold....two step stamp set, wrong ink etc. I spent a "fortune" and never heard from the demo....that is not the company's fault.) I teach. I talk about how easy the clear stamps are for a beginner. How the stamps match the papers and how with just a little practice, they, too, can create scrapbook pages and cards that have "Wow Power." I have watched my initial group of ladies grow in their abilities to stamp and make cards. I have seen the smiles on their faces as they realize they can complete cards that they are proud of. What a great job I have! :o)

The clear blocks are very easy to use. They are thick and have a finger grip that allows you be be able to hold and position your work without difficulty. There are cling mats that can be attached and then removed from the block to help you align your work. The mats include circles, squares and swirls all to enhance creativity. I like the white core card stock. If you like to sponge your edges or just use the ink to paper the white core absorbs the ink and provides a great silhouette. I mentioned it earlier, but one of the best things, IMHO, is that there are always stamps made to match the pattern paper. This makes for lovely cards and scrapbook layouts. There is a large variety of stamp sets available ranging from the basic for the beginner to complex for the more experienced stamper.

As for being a consultant, I am very happy. I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to attend a recent Convention. Jeanette is both personable and business savvy...a unique combination in today's world. The Consultant Boards are wonderful. There is always information to help you grow your business in addition to a Q/A bulletin board for consultants to share ideas. There is even a "Training Acadamy." I have my "Doctorate" by the way... :o)

There is room for everyone's style, ability and opinion. I am so glad that this thread is running. I think that often, CTMH is overlooked. In my world, Close To My Heart, is the best thing going. For Now, Happy Crafting!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
"Never look back unless you are planning to go that way." Thoreau
Matboard Maniac

Thankyou everyone for the recent posts it makes me very happy that my little idea of attempting to start this thread on CTMH is slowly bringing advice care and support and a BIG THANKYOU to cindy for her fascinating journey and how she is enjoying her Close to my Heart experience and CTMH is definately close to Cindys heart.
I must agree also on several points i too love the smell of the AcrylicaPolymer and at first wondered what it was when my first package arrived i had 6 stamp sets in and level 2 Band Ts and 12 x12 paper packs some inkpads and i could not figure out where it was coming from. when i opened the first stamp set from the plastic envelope type system which is fab i could smelll that rubber.
I dont dislike the white core cardstock its usueful but i find dyed cardstocks easier and you cannot do bleaching withCTMH cardstock but thats ok i value my stamps too much to put bleach on them so im happy.I must admit to always usuing my stamps and ink and making my backgrounds my self and never have beeen bothered about 12x12 fancy papers until i bought my first pack of Band T level 2 duos these are the best i have ever seen because like Cindy pointed out they work with the cardstock they work with the inkpads colour palettes and they work with the stamp designs which is very important for many.
i think Close To my Heart are not given enough credit for there superb offerings they might not have a ultra glossy hardback catalogue but thats ok , if you saw the state of my recent Autumn/ WINTER catalogue its well loved pages are creased but thats fine i have another nice copy i can keep . I dont want to mention other companies anymore on here i would like it to relate to CTMHbecause i feel they deserve the feedback.
I have another companys cattys all the way back from 1998 they are really lovely but they never got as much use even with card ideas in better colour etc. the best catalogues are the ones which get lots of love and plenty of usage i dont think i have creased a catalogue as nuch as the last CTMH catalogue and its only with reading it through going backwards and forwards looking for items and then writing out an order.
I would like to say in Economic times like we are living in CTMH offer excellent packages im not talking about SALES redictions or tempting discounts every so often of 30 percents 40 percents or even 50 percents, they always come out with SPECIALS each month these could be Scrapbooking month Cardmaking month Papercrafting month Special box bundles, and i still think a great price point on Level 2 B and Ts in every catalogue.
The Band T duos are great value and the papers and cardstock go a very long way if you are not very Familiar with CTMH or maybe like me you are a wooden stamp lover and have hated every clear stamp made by other compoanies out there give the CTMH clear stamps a try they are best to work with there inkpads because they work every time. i am always going keep my wooden stamps and still buy them but not to the same levels because i have thankfully found a company which make CLEAR stamps work. I most certainly wont be buying from any other companies i feel are disrepectful and treat stampers like numbers CTMH give the feeling of excitement and share enthusiasms in product offerings no cover ups no gimmicks just sheer love from the crreators heart THANKYOU so much Jannette Lynton i dont know you but yoyur love shares worldwide.
i cannot buy CTMH easily but what i manage to get i am so very grrateful for that.
If i have in any micro wordings of encouragements in my posts here at Splicoast and somone is reading this and thinks yes i shall check them out , all i can say is like me the products perform and the quality for the price point is excellent. From what a kind lady told me they dont just BANG up there prices like some have they keep sensibleand in some cases the prices of their stamps have not gone up since the my ACRYLIX wa launched thats fab.
Yes CTMH will be getting more of my english pounds because they are worth it.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleekNHAView Post
About a year and a half ago, I made the decision to become a demo. I researched the Big 4 (as I will call them) and made the decision to go with CTMH. I made the decision because of the balance between scrapbooking and stamping, the success I had had as a beginner and the overall quality of the products. I have never looked back and move forward with a broad smile on my face.
The Big 4?? I only know of SU!, TAC, and CTMH of course. What is the 4th??
Polyshrink Goddess

Creative Memories..... :o)
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Andrew- I am so sorry for referring to you as "she"- there are so few male stampers here that it was an automatic reaction and I do apologize for my mistake!

It is really neat to know that there are male stampers out there participating in this wonderful hobby!
Matboard Maniac

TCHK you have done no harm to mei guess most stampers are of female gender and i wish their was more male stampers because we share a different style and my ladies who come to my workshops every month , love the different ideas i can come up with. thankyou for your apology hope you will continue to post on this new thread and hope oher CTMH fans will too.
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cleekNHAView Post
Creative Memories..... :o)
Oh, duh. I bought their oval cutter. I just didn't know they were "big" like the other 3. :mrgreen:
Embossing Fanatic

Default Who loves CTMH and why?

Andrew,
I am an "equal opportunity" stamper lol - I buy because I love the design not any particular company. But I do love CTMH. I have been a hobby consultant for 5+ yrs. I love thir stamps, the blocks, the people I have met thru CTMH - consultants and clients.
You are right the cardstock does have its limitations but I tend to have multiple layers on my cards so with the cardstock from CTMH the weight of the cards are less when mailing because of less bulk. thanks for the question Teresa
Polyshrink Goddess

Good Morning! Everyone is right that you can't bleach CTMH CS. I found out the hard way last year at Easter time. I was going to bleach the Easter bunny's tail on a card and I wound up making a mess. I used Flower Soft instead. :o)
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good evening everyone.
ANDREW - Thank you so much for starting this thread.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Oh Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
oh i just saw teh SOTM how cute!
I love it when they have the clearance sale lol.
I love any kind of stamp
Speaking of SOTM, I really like December's! A "Merry Christmas" Order for me! :-D
Rubber Obsessor

I am a "rubber" stamper... meaning I prefer rubber over acrylic stamps, but if I use acrylic I will only use CTMH as I think they are the best acrylic stamps out there. I probably have about 10 sets and do like them, just like the rubber better. I like their blocks, I use them for both acrylic and rubber stamps.

I do like the scrapping kits that CTMH offers. It's nice to get everything coordinated in a package like that. I prefer the SU cardstock and inks and markers over CTMH.
Matboard Maniac

Meluvstampin you are very welcome so glad some people come on here and keep the thread alive, i do believe CTMH needs more conversation than its other competitors i have to be careful how i word things in case i get shot by the su brigade . I have no time for messing about im a stamper.
CTMH have been going 25 years they have grown just like others in the crafting industry and in my opinion the inks are better to some degree than SU because they dont fly onto the floor when the lid comes off, they dont bevel in the middle because that is weak on a SU inkpad and they are less expensive and they work with the MY Acrylix which SU pads dont very well, To me thats 4 plus points . I am not saying i dont like SU pads because i have loads and use them but not on The My acrylix.
SU cardstock is thicker better for base cards but blunts out your blades easier than a thinner cardstock like CTMH. i have a fiskers rotary cutter and the first time the card was cut with CTMH cardstock the blade glided through like cutting butter.
I know also the CTMH dont crack on score lines and so both cardstock have their place.

The scrapbook papers CTMH have i think are way in front of SU the weight is better because SU papers are too heavy when then placed on the cardstock for cardmaking.
heavy card, heavy layering make a card split down from its fold when stood up to the person who recieves it.
In my workshops when SU card is used for base and layering i have to put the cards on display on a stand because otherwise they topple down flat. Most companies with a slightly lighter weight card used for layers including CTMH it stays upright and can be stood up without a need for a display stand. The cards have to stand from 10am to 4pm throughout the workshop so i have stopped using heavy weight card for layers and just for the base card instead.

the ribons of CTMH are colour coordinating SU are too and to some CTMH have a adavantage when purchasing because you dont buy 15 yards of one colour design you get four styles with the CTMH . But for me i use more so wish a little more was on the CTMH ribbon rounds but im happy with what is available. I sometimes need 15 yards on workshops but for a small crafter at home i think it may be too much and mos tof their ribbon come 15 yards.

I am looking forward to what new things may be on the horizon with CTMH i still will buy from other companies like somone pointed out you cannot get everything from one single company and also i dont think its fair fro a company to be exspected to stock everthing thats imposible.
I dont beieve spending good hard earned money with companies which dont apreciate human beings andtreat them like draining banks so thats why i do love CLOSE TO My HEART because they do care .
If their are anymore CONSULTANTS out their PLEASE share your experiences and it may encourage new horizons and new crafters to CTMH. Alsoif you are a CONSULTANT or CTMH fan Spread the word so more can post on here and share together.
If anyone thinks i am on commission with CTMH well no i just love to talk about this company it has a certain special ness.
Stampin' Fool

I have a question about the "white-core" card stock. If you cut an 8 1/2 x 11 in half to act as a base; do you see a white edge on the cut side? And what about layering with it? Do any cut edges show white? Just curious. I've never used their card stock and didn't know about this "white core" until reading the thread. And what are the advantages to a white core ?
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by cobbyView Post
I have a question about the "white-core" card stock. If you cut an 8 1/2 x 11 in half to act as a base; do you see a white edge on the cut side? And what about layering with it? Do any cut edges show white? Just curious. I've never used their card stock and didn't know about this "white core" until reading the thread. And what are the advantages to a white core ?
Yes and Yes. When you first get the cardstock you will see the white core and also when it's cut. I am trying to get used to it. I will color the edges with my markers or use a sponge to cover the white.

My "Small" Gallery
Matboard Maniac

Good Morning all white core cardstock has its advantages and disadvantages you can use the cardstock for a base card but the CTMH cardstock was designed specificaly for scrapbookers so its lighter in weight to take all those embellishements phtos etc. I am not a scrapbbooker so for me i prefer a heavier base weight cardstock . ido like the ideal weight of CTMH for layering and CTMH do like to sponge the ink around the edges of a base card or around multiple layers.
The main advantage of a white core is the surface is buffered and sealed so it dont get dirty as quick because dyed cardstocks can be more porous, but dont have a white core

CTMH cardstock can be used for many different things cardstock distressing using a distressing the surface kit, you can do distressed grid work by using a embosssing tool making grid cards and then very lightly sanding the surface to bring through the white surface. CHECK out the CTMH website under tv vids im sure there a vid their on white core.
you can make tearing edges to multiple or single layers of cardstock and its sometimes nice to have a white edge. You can leave the cut layers white and bring more of the white edge out which when you have three layerson a card it looks like a white frramed border, but you need to lightly sand the edges equally draw a line with an ebossing tool and sand up to the embossed line carefully.
You can also run a brass stencil under a cardstock sheet and outline an image then sand over the surface to bring the design through, this could make an interesting patternas a base card or a scrapbok page.

The main disadvantage for many with white core cardstock is the edges when cut for layers or a single fold card having three but i would use a heavier base and just layer with the CTMH and ink up the edges if required.
maybe one day CTMH might bring a cloured line out of slightly heavier weight with a dyed all through surface. ir maybe a cardmakers pack but i believe there main focus is making sure crafters who by their products from them get FULL USEAGE out of a 12x12 sheet of cardstock and this is why CLOSE TO MY HEART are unique to the crafter they share many ideas to get the best out of the cardstocks and additional products.
My tip would be to mix and match your cardstocks that way you can play around have fun and plenty of creativity.
Matboard Maniac

I am getting so excited for the new Idea Books to arrive. I feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning!

Something I want to mention about the "thinner" paper is that it's not a problem for me (I am both a scrapbooker and a card-maker) because I always use a cardstock base for my cards. I am making my son's senior photo holders as well as his graduation announcements myself (saved myself over $80!) and I'm going to use black cardstock for the first time. I hope they turn out well.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #72  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Looking forward to the new spring 2010 catalogue coming out i have lots of Plans for workshops next year using CTMH. I have just recieved my Everday celebrations kit and i think CTMH make great special kits
I know many will have purchased this kit in September when it was the special cardmaking day on the 12th, or luckily got it free with a purchase of
60 dollars, i bought mine off Ebay and grateful i could get two i can make the kit bigger and use one of the fancy edged cards as a template to draw around for other colours of cardstock i haveand other projects.

The special kits CTMH do really represent good value for money and i love the work what goes into the colour brochures for cardmaking layouts, and some have scrapbooking like the grace, Twitterpated and the Sweet Home i shall have to try to get the Workshop on the go of the Sweet home before it finishes.
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

As a Consultant, I get to check out the new spring catty in just a few days...yippee....I always wonder what the new papers and stamps will be. The kits are a great value and watch as there will be another great kit coming out for National Papercrafting Month.

I have been doing Holiday Craft Fairs and hope to delve into the Bridal Fairs in the Spring. I am hoping for some new "wedding" stamps and papers. Silhouette is a great pattern for Weddings and Heritage scrapbooks.
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Polyshrink Goddess

I like both SU and CTMH. I started stamping with SU and didn't really fall in love with CTMH until later. It took me a while to come over to the acrylic way of stamping. Once I did, I purchased from all different stamp companies. I also think both companies have a certain "look". After a while I got bored of the SU look and storage. For me though, CTMH hits both my hobbies, scrapbooking and stamping. Right now CTMH gets more of my money but...since SU is offering unmounted who knows.
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

CTMH has made the new Spring Catty available to consultants....it will be available to the public on January 1st and WOW....I love the new papers and several of the new stamp sets!
www.cindyleek.myctmh.com
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks suza for sharing all the previous that sounds great for comsultants and it great the company look after them so well which is more than i can say about Stampin UP do something wrong in their eyes and it feels like youve gone to court.
I just wanted to sort of defend SU. As a CTMH consultant, you are regulated as to what you can have on your own blog. For instance you can not advertise your own sale or special only the Company's sale. You can not receive hostess benefits on a personal single order, only when you have at least two people. You pay shipping and full tax on all hostess benefits. Unlike SU who allows a demo to place an order for themselves and receive the benefits.

As for CTMH's product, they have some really awesome kits! Their new workshop on the go kits have a paper pack, exclusive stamp set and a full size embellishment (like ribbon, brads etc), and a cutting/project guide for $29.95. To me that is really cool. I love kits.
Matboard Maniac

I'm looking forward to the new catalog. I purchased 2 of the SOTM out of the current catalog. I llike the cardstock form CTMH, although I understand that a lot of people don't, and they are entitled to their opinion. Every once in a while, I like to tear the paper for the white core effect. Most of the time, especially when making cards I do ink the edges. I haven't tried the CTMH paper in my Cuttlebug embossing folders as yet. Maybe I will try that today........ I will post the results when I do I have used the Core paper in the folders and love the effect especially when I use the sandpaper to further distress the images.......... There is a market out there for all the different products no matter the company. Share and share alike!! LOL Spread your money and help everyone!
As my great-grandson would say...."I'm just saying" LOL

Estelle
Matboard Maniac

There have been some great posts of why CTMH is appealing and why crafters love CTMH.lIving in another country from the UK to be exact we dont have the mass choices of crafting selections like you lucky people do, of late i have noticed CTMH have started a HUGE CRAFTERS PARADISE OF CRAFT GOODIES WITH GREAT REDUCTIONS check this out and grab some while they are still available,many have gone but plenty left. i have had my eyes on lots and have seen how the list of products are shrinking. Anyone who loves Scrapbooking your in for a treat , great last minute card kits, ribbon bundles ,stamps Brads and much more. I have secured my little selection and im hoping my selections will be here to open on Christmas day just in time for my Birthday which is on December 25th. My kind friend in America will bless send me my goodies i cannot wait.
Dont forget to check out what goodies are up for grabs great stocking fillers and oh by the way im on no commission just that i LOVE CTMH the company for creative people who share from the heart.
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking yes!

Quote:

There have been some great posts of why CTMH is appealing and why crafters love CTMH.lIving in another country from the UK to be exact we dont have the mass choices of crafting selections like you lucky people do, of late i have noticed CTMH have started a HUGE CRAFTERS PARADISE OF CRAFT GOODIES WITH GREAT REDUCTIONS check this out and grab some while they are still available,many have gone but plenty left. i have had my eyes on lots and have seen how the list of products are shrinking. Anyone who loves Scrapbooking your in for a treat , great last minute card kits, ribbon bundles ,stamps Brads and much more. I have secured my little selection and im hoping my selections will be here to open on Christmas day just in time for my Birthday which is on December 25th. My kind friend in America will bless send me my goodies i cannot wait.
Dont forget to check out what goodies are up for grabs great stocking fillers and oh by the way im on no commission just that i LOVE CTMH the company for creative people who share from the heart.

It was a GREAT Sale! I got some fun deals on ribbon and brads like you did, I'm quite pleased I was able to take advantage of it.
Compulsive Stamper

Just curious...I guess I consider Splitcoast a site geared more to SU products. As a former SU demo, the gallery in this site sold me a lot of product. Customers would be in awe of the alphabetized gallery that had samples of every SU stamp set available. Does anyone know if there is a comparable site that offers an alphabetized gallery for CTMH stamp sets?