Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why oh, why......

I've tried twice to order new PTI dies and stamps since the latest release and what I want is not in currently in stock. I know they are sold out due to having a great product and all that, but I'm feeling crabby about having to wait. I wish that they would put enough into production or whatever the term is so that these sold out situations would not occur with such regularity. If I don't get my egg die and stamp set soon, what good will it be? The Easter bunny will be hoppin' without me! :rolleyes:

Jutta
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

Awwww....sorry you have to wait. Very frustrating especially when you need the products for a certain occasion and substitutions just won't do!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

My guess is that because it was a new product for them they didn't know how to anticipate the response and didn't want to overorder and be stuck with a lot of extra merchandise. Manufacturing is expensive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Nichole posted the below comment regarding the dies and impression plates on the PTI forums yesterday evening. HTH

The impression plates were not in the shipment that arrived today like the manufacturer promised. I will be following up with them on Monday to find out what happened and get an ETA. I apologize for the inconvenience this poses. I can only imagine how frustrated you are feeling with this stock situation. I am a bit frustrated myself to be honest.

The manufacturer also did not include our full order of the medium scallop border dies. Just a small fraction of what we ordered. This was not expected and I apologize that that the small quantity we did receive, was gone so fast.

I am hoping when I contact the manufacturer on Monday, they will be able to get the remainder of our order to us as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:47 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Oh I disagree. Scallops are hot in everything right now, they should've known they would need a TON of the medium and large scallops. There are no punches, or other dies with that size scallop, theirs is the first. They could've anticipated the demand.
I tried three times to order them, on release night as well as within an hour of getting the email notice that they were back in stock, and both times one or both of the dies were sold out.
I give up, I'm not buying them until everything I want is in stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:47 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had this issue with PTI twice with their stamps. I think with a little bit a analysis they should be able to order sufficient quantities of stamp sets - after a few years they have enough info of how much they sell each month and can order up.
Regarding the dies - not much they can do when the manufacturer does not come through!

"I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 06:37 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I was able to order the things I wanted at the end of this week. I agree that they should have a better idea when anticipating releases like this. They hype it up like crazy on their blog and through the DT blogs, then only have product for a small portion who are up late at night to order them.

It happens to every company because they cannot predict how well something is going to go over, however I think improvement can be made.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I also did not order in time to snag the new dies, so I bought other things off my wish list.

However, I tend to think of the out-of-stock disappointment in a slightly different way. If I were a small business owner, I would not want to sink a large amount of precious capital into having a huge inventory of product that might take a while to sell.

Do I remember correctly that only about 5% of small businesses are successful enough to stay in business? Especially with the US economy as it has been for the past year, would we want PTI to over expand and risk their financial stability, or order product conservatively and remain financially healthy enough for us to be customers for years to come?

I get just as annoyed and/or disappointed as anyone else when something I want is not available. I think (at least for myself) that feeling has gotten more prevalent with the expansion of online ordering. More and more things in our lives are instant gratification, and we grow accustomed to that and get more and more annoyed when we have to wait.

Since these new products have been so wildly successful, PTI will probably be more likely to introduce even more innovative dies. Isn't that what we all really want? If there had only been a half-hearted, lukewarm response, then they don't really have the motivation to risk more capital in bringing more designs into the manufacturing process.

I'll enjoy seeing what everyone is making with their new goodies, and will get what I want eventually, so everything is good...

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 02:13 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post
I also did not order in time to snag the new dies, so I bought other things off my wish list.

However, I tend to think of the out-of-stock disappointment in a slightly different way. If I were a small business owner, I would not want to sink a large amount of precious capital into having a huge inventory of product that might take a while to sell.

Do I remember correctly that only about 5% of small businesses are successful enough to stay in business? Especially with the US economy as it has been for the past year, would we want PTI to over expand and risk their financial stability, or order product conservatively and remain financially healthy enough for us to be customers for years to come?

I get just as annoyed and/or disappointed as anyone else when something I want is not available. I think (at least for myself) that feeling has gotten more prevalent with the expansion of online ordering. More and more things in our lives are instant gratification, and we grow accustomed to that and get more and more annoyed when we have to wait.

Since these new products have been so wildly successful, PTI will probably be more likely to introduce even more innovative dies. Isn't that what we all really want? If there had only been a half-hearted, lukewarm response, then they don't really have the motivation to risk more capital in bringing more designs into the manufacturing process.

I'll enjoy seeing what everyone is making with their new goodies, and will get what I want eventually, so everything is good...

Mary
That was very well said.

Connie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcbenjamView Post

Mary
Very well said! I would be so upset if PTI went out of business. Not only for Nichole and the PTI staff but for myself and countless others that look forward to the PTI excitement every month.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #11  

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

I agree I dont want them to overdo and then be out of business. Everything I ordered today ($200 in stuff) was all in stock. Guess some things are more popular than others so they ran out quick. Im sure if its a new product they will get it back in stock soon.

They also do this as a side business, she packs and ships after her regular day job so im sure shes got allot on her plate and they are working as hard as they can.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator

I'm disappointed that when I do want to place an order - large enough for free shipping - several items are always not available. I truthfully have just walked away from ordering anything as a result.

I've been waiting since December for the "holiday" color mix of buttons to come in. Have never seen them since early December.

Now I got excited about the egg punch. Even got an email this week-end that it was in. Went right away to finally put in my order (minus my buttons again!) but then didn't find it. Appreciate Nichole's update as to what happened on that one.

I'm already 1/2 done with my Easter cards. Getting to the same point I was at Christmas. Think I'll just have to skip this holiday with PTI - just like last Christmas.

Sorry, Nichole. Great product but as I can never find what I want in stock, I don't want to pay double shipping to place two orders. Not when I should be able to place one order and get free shipping! Would love to order though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #13  

Send a message via Skype™ to jennysbugbites

Quote:

Originally Posted by JillGView Post
I'm disappointed that when I do want to place an order - large enough for free shipping - several items are always not available. I truthfully have just walked away from ordering anything as a result.

I've been waiting since December for the "holiday" color mix of buttons to come in. Have never seen them since early December.

Now I got excited about the egg punch. Even got an email this week-end that it was in. Went right away to finally put in my order (minus my buttons again!) but then didn't find it. Appreciate Nichole's update as to what happened on that one.

I'm already 1/2 done with my Easter cards. Getting to the same point I was at Christmas. Think I'll just have to skip this holiday with PTI - just like last Christmas.

Sorry, Nichole. Great product but as I can never find what I want in stock, I don't want to pay double shipping to place two orders. Not when I should be able to place one order and get free shipping! Would love to order though.
Have you tried contacting them directly? I contacted them about the Holiday Mix buttons and they replied promptly with the reason, being that they lost the manufacturer to the original button jar, they had to find a new one and thats why they havent had them in stock. You might try shooting them an email.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #14  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by JillGView Post

Ditto I have tried to order from them to never have they had all the products I wanted, and shipping is a big deal to me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

A few of the items I wanted this month are not in stock so I will wait to see when I can get everything I want. I hate having to pay additional shipping for items that are already or still sold out when it isnt my fault they are not available. But I love their stuff so eventually will place another large order.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes