Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-16-2006, 04:24 PM   #41  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy because I am interviewing for a job tomorrow that kind of fell in my lap. I used to teach public schools, then I went to teach at a local daycare center, then I had DS#3 and could not afford daycare. The director of the daycare center is being transferred and I am applying for that job - better discount on childcare and probably a better salary than I had when I was teaching in the public schools.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 04:33 PM   #42  
Crimping Master

I am happy for my wonderful DH who supports my SU buying. And for my two DS one who is sick and I hope yours are better soon things just don't seem right when they are down and out. Allso I am taking care of my father who is a stroke survivor and who just had a hip replacement over the summer and just had back surgery 2 weeks ago. And takin care of my 88 year old grandmother who has Demetia my husband has been so patient threw this hole ordeal and so thought ful with saying when I get a mint. which is far and few between to go stamp so I can relax and be alone for me. I thank God every day for what I have and that I am able to help the ones I love and even though it's alot I can sit back and be at peace for everything I have to thank God for.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #43  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am happy, too!

I am happy because I have the most wonderful DH in the world! We decided not to give each other Valentine's gifts this year because we are trying to get our finances in order. Well, he saved up some of his spending cash and brought me a cute teddy bear anyway! He has also intituted "Random be nice to Trish" days (I never know when they are coming) and he'll bring me home a single flower or a small gift. He always makes me feel special.

I am also happy because I have a great family and wonderful in-laws! I hear so many complaints about in-laws and I just thank God that mine are so supportive and caring and loving!

AND I am happy because my baby brother is getting married to the sweetest gal in June and they are just too cute and have such obvious love for each other and for God... I am so glad to know that they are basing their relationship on something solid! (And I get to make the invites! YAY!)

So... I have a lot to be happy about, I guess!

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:02 PM   #44  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Let me count the ways!

As a petite, 5'2, middle school teacher I often find myself looking up at my students, when talking to them, or disciplining them.

Well, today began just like any other. My kids arrived at my classroom door dreading classes, and looking forward to the time in between classes to socialize. Across from my door where I stand to supervise the hallways (I often call this Crowd Control ;) ) was Tiffany, a student in my fourth hour class.

Tiffany is 6-8 inches taller than I am and weighs at least 25-30 pounds more than I do. She is not a "little girl!"

Before Christmas Tiffany was told that her severe behavior outbursts were getting her referred to the Alternative School across town that works with "tough kids." She was making failing grades, and she was suspended on a regular basis for fighting and yelling at students and teachers.

Tiffany was assigned to spend two weeks at the back table in my classroom. She would not attend any classes, and would be expected to complete all the work each day. We spent EVERY minute of the day together. We ate lunch together, and even visited the bathroom together. Whereever I went, Tiffany went. I soon was more than her math teacher. I was her science, english, reading, & so. st. teacher.

From the last day she spent in my room, until today, Tiffany comes to me for additional support. Somewhere along the line she had a tremendous break-through. She decided that she would rather be at our school than at the Alternative School across town, and she was going to make a DRASTIC change in herself. (Even as adults these changes are SO hard to make, especially a change this drastic!)

At the honor roll assembly her name was called by accident and the entire seventh grade laughed (There are VERY few students who don't know Tiffany)! On the way back to my classroom, following the assembly, she asked me she could get on the honor roll. I explained, and she told me that her name would be called next quarter "for real!" I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! Just five school days before, she was throwing around the "F Bomb" in two of her classes and now she wanted to be on the honor roll! :confused:

Tiffany hasn't been suspended, or in trouble at school, from the day she left my room following those two weeks. She comes to me when her temper starts to flare and we work on controlling her emotions. I know I wasn't the one that made the difference, I was just in the right place at the right time.:rolleyes:

Today she was suspended for the first time since December. At the end of the day she came to confess what had happened that caused her this trouble. She also told me that she had collected all the assignments that she would be missing while she was suspended, so her grades wouldn't fall. She wanted me to walk her out to the bus. As she climberd the stairs, this "little girl" turned and gave me a hug and told me how much she would miss me for the next three days.

I SERIOUSLY THOUGHT I MIGHT CRY! (As a middle school teacher these moments don't happen very often! It is truely something to be happy about!)

stampin'diva
Jayme
Nothing will be impossible for you... Matthew 17:20

Jayme

My itty bitty gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #45  
Forum Fanatic

Location: Oil...Hot Pan...Gordon Ramsay sexiest man alive...Done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
Usually I just enjoy reading everyones responses to these types of questions...but today I have an answer to share.

It has been about 10 years since I spoke to my best friend Jenny from high school. Ten years ago we made the mistake of trying to be roomates...well that didn't workout and there were lots of bridges burned. Over the past 10 years we would see each other but neither of us were ready to put the past behind us. So the years just kept going by...

About two weeks ago I was reading through some old articles online from our local newspaper, and a came across her younger sisters obituary. She had passed away at the age of 24 from a rare stomach cancer. It broke my heart to know that her sister had passed and that I was not there for my best friend like I should have been. So I wiped the tears from my eyes and picked up the phone and called my friend. No one was home so I left a message telling her that I was sorry that so much time had passed and that I would really like to talk to her again. About 5 days passed and no return call, and I started to become settle with the idea that maybe she was not ready, or did not want to be friends.

It was Friday afternoon and the phone rang...it was her!!!! We talked for almost two hours...it was like we never stopped being friends. She apologized for not calling sooner. She said the day that I called her, her MIL passed away.
We made plans to have lunch earlier this week, I was nervous...but again it was like we had been friends forever. It was amazing to see how much we have in common...she is a scrapbooker too!

So that is why I am so happy!!! Thank you for letting me share my story

If by some chance you pick my story, I will be giving the stamp set to my friend Jenny...because after all she is the reason I am so happy!

OK!! Mandy is my pick!! What a wonderful reason to be happy!! My heart melted when I read your story and I would love for the set to go to Jenny!!

I hope your friendship continues to grow!!

Sarah

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:11 PM   #46  
Kookie Creator

Okay, don't need the set, I already have it, but need to say it:
I am happy because:
I am happily married, celebrating 27 years last week.
My only daughter appears to be aspiring to be a professional student, but I assume that it will all come to an end one day.
God has chosen to use my husband and me in the ministry--we are houseparents in a children's home. We are taking care of six boys--all sweet, most of the time, and loving. The four year old hugged me and told me he loved me when we got off duty tonight. I have four days off, which I spend missing them, and wanting to be there with them--but this time, one of the older boys wants to come and spend the weekend here with us.
I'm sending off my application to be a demo tomorrow!
Just sent off my last car payment.
I am loved, I am needed.......Happy doesn't begin to describe what I am.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:20 PM   #47  
Mad Swapper

I am happy that I didn't have a bad substitute report on my desk when I checked in on my classroom this morning. I was out of the classroom on Wed. and again today. Hopefully, I have another good one to see tomorrow morning. Our students are having "issues" with subs, so I guess something I said got through to them (or just the thought of the consequence I kept threatening them with). Which ever the case, its much nicer to see who worked hard written down rather than who threw paper and whom and who irritated the person next to them with the persistent tapping of their pencil.

I do have a FANTASTIC hubby and two beautiful kiddos (3 and 10 mo.). I adore my in-laws (I am one of very few people these days) and I
have several TRUE friends who I can count on.

Thank you for making me take the time to write this. I am dealing with a slight case of depression and I need to remind myself more often what is good with the life than what is wrong with it.

Jeanette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #48  
Kookie Creator

Reading these posts makes me realize just how grateful I am for grateful, happy people!

There are so many negative forces in the world today, and sometimes we just get run down with it all. I am so happy that people are willing to see the good, be happy & grateful for the light & goodness that they have been blessed with in their lives.

I just want you all to know how much joy you bring in to my life every single day, just by sharing your light & goodness. I am happy because I too have been blessed in so many ways & today I am happy for happy, grateful friends on SCS!
(((((HUGS))))
~Melanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #49  
PAPER SCAPER

In 2000 I had major back surgery and about four months later I started to hurt all over and no one could tell me why. I was finally diagnosed with lupus. For a very long time it was to painful to even use a fork and knife, I ate with my fingers whenever possible. I couldn’t stand on my legs for more than about three minutes. It was a lot of hard work and the right meds to get me back to being a third of the person I once was but I stuck with it and honestly I got little help from doctors other than writing a prescription.

Now why would all this make me happy…well first off it happened to me and not one of my two children or my granddaughter. I have a husband that didn’t cut out on me when I got sick…I know of two ladies that weren’t so lucky. I’m now well enough to go for walks, I can drive again, I can use a paper cutter again, hold a pencil to write and I so enjoy making cards for the charities I send them to. Life isn’t perfect but I remember what it was like to lift bags of coins to build the muscles when a pound weight was too heavy. Yeah, life is pretty darn good right now!
One more good reason for happiness is all the great people I’ve met on this site! Life is fabulous!

I forgot to tell you I already have the set.
And I wanted to tell Jeanette my inlaws were fabulous and I was with both of them when they left this world and as hard as it was I would do it all again just for them.

Last edited by Rox71; 02-16-2006 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 06:02 PM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sarah,

Thank you so much! I can't wait to give Jenny her first SU! stamp set and to tell her the wonderful story about where the set comes from. Maybe once she is biten by the SU! bug she will join us here on SCS ;)

It really felt good to share my happiness with everyone and I enjoyed reading everyones positive and heart warming posts.

I think our story is one that shows true friendship last a lifetime!

Thanks again Sarah!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmferg
Sarah,

Thank you so much! I can't wait to give Jenny her first SU! stamp set and to tell her the wonderful story about where the set comes from. Maybe once she is biten by the SU! bug she will join us here on SCS ;)

It really felt good to share my happiness with everyone and I enjoyed reading everyones positive and heart warming posts.

I think our story is one that shows true friendship last a lifetime!

Thanks again Sarah!
Mandy,

I too was very touched by your story. Your generosity to your friend is wonderful. Since you are so willingly parting with your gift, I'd like to send you another Best Blossoms set so you can have one to keep yourself. Just PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail. Thank you for your sharing your wonderful story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #52  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

this thread has put tears in my eyes!! Happy tears!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 02:26 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

i am happy because in some of the most difficult days of my life, i have been able to tell my daughter, who has been in a difficult situation and needs strong guidance, that i love her,may not like her right now, but will always love her, and have found the strength to help her. and although it's hard, it can be worked out, with love,patience and prayers. i am happy because we are "family" even through the dark times. sounds strange, but it makes me feel all the parenting pays off when the times get hard.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 04:15 AM   #54  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know the "contest" is over, but I just watned to share why I'm happy today. My sister and I were in a car accident last night and we are both fine except for being a bit stiff, same for the girl in the other car. We were in my sister's mini van and a girl in a small car turned left right in front of her and we hit her hard, it was quite an impact for only going about 30 miles per hour and it was pouring rain. To make a long story short, the air bag went off and when it did, this black powder was everywhere. My sister (she's my twin) and I both just under 5 feet tall, so we both sit very close to the wheel and when the air bag went off, it gave her a good smack. Considering that I have no experience with air bags, I did not realize about the black powder and thought that it was smoke from a fire and to make it worse, I'm screaming my sister's name and she was not answering - luckliy she is just fine. By the time I got out of the passenger side and over to the drivers side, she was already out of the air and gasping as she had inhaled so much of the powder. Shortly after, the police, paramedics (one of them being the receptionist at my sister Dr.'s office - what are the chances?!?) and fire trucks showed up and everybody was taken care of. I know this sounds crazy, but my sister is a single mom to my nephew, Craig, and I always have a fear of something happening to us while we are together and then wonder what he would ever do. (His father is out of the picture and that's a good thing, he has serious drug issues including selling drugs to children wrapped up like candy) Craig has grandparents who would step up to the plate, but I am just like his second mother and can't bear the thought of him ever losing us both. Needless to say, I am so grateful to God that we and the girl in the other car are all just fine and it has really made me stop and think about how bad last night could have been and how blessed we truly are to have been spared from what could have been tragic. So, even though I have tears in my eyes while I'm typing this, this is why I'm happy today.

Lauri

Last edited by Auntielauri; 02-17-2006 at 04:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 04:45 AM   #55  
Polyshrink Goddess

wow, what a thread.

Thank you Sarah, for your generosity and kindness in starting this thread.

Mandy, congratulations on winning (and it sounds like you are a winner well before winning this thread!!)

khogan, what a kind heart for your offer to Mandy.

What a fab board!! I feel honored to be here!

Give our SCS Team a break...No uploads on Sundays!

Lions and tigers and my blog, oh my!

Visit my site here!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 04:48 AM   #56  
Stazon Splitcoast

Lauri - I am so happy to hear that you are pretty much ok, but I understand that you will feel some pain, both mentally and physically, for a while.

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 07:33 AM   #57  
Compulsive Stamper

I am happy because I am alive and healthy. I have a fantastic family and wonderful friends. I am happy because I choose to be happy and I love life too much not to be happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 07:55 AM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

I am happy because I did not have to choose which of these stories was the winner! LOL! Isn't it so wonderful to be able to count our blessings? Mandy your story was wonderful, as were all the rest! Congratulations on winning the set, and hopefully, you and Jenny will be able to spend many years together stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 08:37 AM   #59  
Watercolor Wizard

great pick! I couldn't think of a better way to introduce someone to stamping!!!!

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #60  
PAPER SCAPER

Lauri, it is so not crazy for thinking that way. After two teenage sisters in our area were killed in car accident I didn't want my two in the same car together. I'd drive in seperate cars from now on if at all possible. I'm so glad your okay to tell us the story!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 09:10 AM   #61  
Gallery Gazer

I had to agree, Mandy's was a definite winner in more ways than one! Keep up the good mentoring........even though it is hard!! What a wonderful thread. Maybe we should have a happy forum! :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 12:50 PM   #62  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdas
Lauri - I am so happy to hear that you are pretty much ok, but I understand that you will feel some pain, both mentally and physically, for a while.

Thanks, this is always such a great place for great support!!

Lauri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 12:54 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rox71
Lauri, it is so not crazy for thinking that way. After two teenage sisters in our area were killed in car accident I didn't want my two in the same car together. I'd drive in seperate cars from now on if at all possible. I'm so glad your okay to tell us the story!

You have no clue how refreshing it is to hear you say that - I REALLY thought I was out of my mind. I know that if, God forbid, anything ever happened to my sister that I would take my nephew and I can't imagine his little life with out her, let alone without both of us. Experiences like this make you realize how fragile life can be and to never take anything for granted. Thanks for you encouraging words.

Lauri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #64  
Insane Embellisher

Wow! What a cool thread! I have so much to be happy about. I have a wonderful DH and son. Today I took Zach in to see his eye doctor for follow up. He started wearing glasses in December, after we noticed that he was occasionally crossing his eyes. The eye crossing was happening because he was excessively farsighted, and to try to focus on things as close as 2-3 feet from his face, his eyes were straining a lot and crossing. I wasn't happy that he needed glasses at that time, but at least he could see, right? His vision problem, if not corrected with glasses in time, would cause his brain to turn off vision to one eye, making it blind. I worried for so long that we had waited too long to get treatment and that might have started to happen. If it does, then they have to patch the good eye for a long time, like a year, to make the bad eye work so it will hopefully develop vision. Sometimes these kids need surgery to make their eyes stay uncrossed. I'm happy that today, the ophthalmologist was able to asses his vision well enough (Zach finally cooperated - he's 2 1/2) to say that he does not think Zach will ever need patching or surgery! I have lots more to be happy about, but too much to type here...

Janna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 06:28 AM   #65  
Polyshrink Goddess

I know this thread is old and outdated, but lets see if we can get it going again.

I have so much to be happy about. I am blessed to have a wonderful family.
I have a roof over my head, food on my table and friends to share it with.
I love what i do for a living, this makes me really happy. Then theres all the paper,
ink, stamps and all of you here on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #66  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by glendakView Post
I know this thread is old and outdated, but lets see if we can get it going again.

I have so much to be happy about. I am blessed to have a wonderful family.
I have a roof over my head, food on my table and friends to share it with.
I love what i do for a living, this makes me really happy. Then theres all the paper,
ink, stamps and all of you here on SCS.

Okay, I'll go with ya Thankful to be cancer-free for two years. Blessed with a sweet husband. Blessed with two healthy/productive children. Happy I was able
to quit a miserable job and stay home(yeah!). Blessed that I have everything that
I need and even some things that I want! IE: paper,ink,etc. And the list could
go on and on.............. Next?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #67  
Die Cut Diva

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm going to post a new Thanks thread ... that way we can let this 5-year-old thread die a quiet death ... especially since some people may still think there's a giveaway involved if we use this one.
Reply With Quote Likes