Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you use these Christmas stamps for baptism invite/announcements?

Ok, I need to make some baptism invites or announcements (or whatever you want to call them!), and I really don't have any religious themed stamps. The only thing I have that might work in that category are some Christmas stamps.... I need your opinions please! Which option would you do...

1.) Use the nativity stamp pictured below.... I'm thinking of doing maybe a shaving cream tech. background in pastels to simulate the stained glass and then stamping the image on it in grey, with the sentiment (pictured below) on vellum over the top - still up in the air on that though - ideas welcome!

2.) Use the dove of peace and possibly the "peace joy love" stamp from the old SU! Christmas Peace set... Maybe also the "Train a Child" sentiment below?

3.) Use a baby set (I have I'm Here, Brides & Babies, and Baby Firsts) or a loose baby stamp (I have a handful of random ones from my LSS, though all are kind of cartoony which I'm not sure I like for this) to create something. I used I'm Here for the shower invites, thank you's, and announcements... I'm thinking it might be nice to have a little variety for the baptism cards...

Some other sets that came to mind are All I Have Seen, Lovely As A Tree & Nature's Wonders... I wouldn't mind using nature stamps, but don't want to get too floral-y since it's for a boy...

Thoughts? Ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Would you use these Christmas stamps for baptism invite/announcements?-baptism1.jpg   Would you use these Christmas stamps for baptism invite/announcements?-baptism2.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #2  
Gabfest Goddess

I think those stamps would be perfect! Especially the sentiment. Before I read your whole post I was thinking Bashful Blue embossed in white but I like your shaving cream idea for stained glass... Be sure to post to this thread what you actually come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 04:13 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

My personal pick would be the verse stamp you have listed and then the feet or hands from I'm Here. (I just love that set for anything baby!) I am sure whatever you pick though will be beautiful!
Isaiah 40:31
check this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 04:24 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sherristampsalot
I think those stamps would be perfect! Especially the sentiment. Before I read your whole post I was thinking Bashful Blue embossed in white but I like your shaving cream idea for stained glass... Be sure to post to this thread what you actually come up with!
I will, but it might be awhile! I think I'm going to be induced this week, so it will probably be a few more before I have these "in production"! Can't wait too long though, or the baptism will be over!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 04:41 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Location: The weeds are popping up, and I'm having asthma issues

I have to visualize things (aka - see it) so I'm no help, but I just have to say that I'm very impressed you are working on these already.
Leah SCS Member #38898
His Holy Name Challenge http://triplethescraps.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #6  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I just did a baptism card and didn't have any suitable stamps. I wrote a verse on my computer in pink script (it was for a girl) and matted it on pink CS and used the wrought iron punch for the corners. I embossed white flowers and leaves (Best Blossoms) on white CS for the background, tied sheer white ribbon across it and dangled a small plastic silver cross (6 for $1 @ the Dollaramma) from the ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think that nativity stamp is too Christmasy, it would look very nice with the sentiments stamp. I used the leafy tree from "Lovely as a Tree" in the backround and overlayer the info printed on vellum.
HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #8  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Location: back in a gated community...the twins are mobile!!!!!!!

Hi, Sarah! I'm a little disappointed to see you on here, but I guess he's just not done yet, huh? ;)

I think the "nativity" one isn't too Christmas-y, but if you want to borrow Buggies & Booties I can send that to you. It has a baptismal/christening gown. I really like the sentiment you chose, though. I think that's perfect. So, let me know if you want to borrow it! I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't think that stamp looks too Christmassy at all. I think it would make a great card and the verse is perfect.

I didn't know you were being induced this week! Yippee, little Henry will be here soon. Can't wait to see pictures. Best of luck with everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #10  
Crimping Master

I think any of those ideas would be fine. I do like sherristampsalot's idea of using the baby footprints. I think tone on tone white &/or blue with silver or white ribbon would be pretty.

Mom to Lorelei 3/04 and Chloe & Ella 8/06

"It's never too late to be what you might have been."
-George Eliot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

CTMH has a great religious set that I used for my son's confirmation called Faith. If you have time you may want to check that one out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

If you have enough time, please look at the crosses at Eureka Stamps. I think that the ones that have flowers or a rose in front of the cross could be used not only for baptisms, but for weddings and many other special occasions.

Because you mentioned using baby stamps and have mentioned a baby "in the works", I am supposing that your question is about infant baptism for your own baby. In that case, the Bible verse that you already have would make a great baptism announcement.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 07:14 PM   #13  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A dove is a very traditional symbol of baptism...you can also use a scallop shell, or wave stamps (water).

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 07:24 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jusgottastamp
I think the "nativity" one isn't too Christmas-y, but if you want to borrow Buggies & Booties I can send that to you. It has a baptismal/christening gown. I really like the sentiment you chose, though. I think that's perfect. So, let me know if you want to borrow it! I'll get it in the mail to you tomorrow!
Karen,
Thanks so much for the offer, but I think dh would freak at the idea of what he would call a "dress" donning the baptismal cards. :rolleyes:

It's bad enough that I am insisting Hank be baptised in the baptismal gown that has been passed through my family... I had to fight for that one. I think dh is secretly still hoping the baby is too big to fit in it. lol. Little does he know they sell similar ones in different sizes at the Nurturing Mothers boutique in town... bwa ha ha ha!!! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by handstampedhappiness
I didn't know you were being induced this week! Yippee, little Henry will be here soon. Can't wait to see pictures. Best of luck with everything!
Technically I don't know either! We don't have a date set yet, but the Dr wanted me to make an appt for tomorrow (i.e. "very early in the week" as he put it) to "discuss induction". I'm assuming he is wanting to do it this week, otherwise why would he want the appt on Monday? So, hopefully we'll get to meet Henry some time this week!

Quote:

Originally Posted by leahscreations
I have to visualize things (aka - see it) so I'm no help, but I just have to say that I'm very impressed you are working on these already.
Thanks! Although typically the world's biggest procrastinator, I've been right on top of all the "baby stamping" I've had to do! The announcements have been done for about a month now, the thank you cards were all done a few months ago, etc. I have to start thinking about the baptism cards right away because my family traditionally baptizes very quickly after birth... When my great-grandfather was alive, he forbid (forbode?) that babies were taken out of the house before they were baptized! He immigrated from Russia - the land of superstition - though maybe it was a religious thing. I really don't know, and sadly he's no longer around to ask. :( He is, however, being honored as he is the Henry that our little one will be named after!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-18-2006, 08:56 PM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I don't think they look christmasy at all....but I agree with the pp who said they love I'm Here for all things baby! I love that one too!!!!!!

Good luck wiht the induction! I've had 2 and they were both a piece of cake. 8 hours for the first and 4 hours for the second!
Reply With Quote Likes