Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2005, 06:08 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YOOO HOOO, Teachers...

My dd is starting first grade this year and I really wanted to give the teacher a gift she could use! Last year I did a very simple stamped notecube and matching RSVP pen and the teacher NEVER even opened it...it sat on her cluttered shelves behind her desk for the ENTIRE year. (This teacher was very scattered and I don't take it personally, obviously it just wasn't something she needed).

I found some cheap canvas colapsable cubes at Micheals and wanted to stamp it so she could use it to keep books in or whatever, what can I include in this that she really NEEDS and WANTS.

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 06:14 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

I think the memo cube and pen would be great. I teach 3 year olds and would have used it up! I write a lot of thank yous and notes to parents so what about some cards or even stamped stationary. I had a child last year that always gave me one cute little gift, but always included a few snacks to go with it such as rice krispie treats, apple, bottle of water, homemade muffin. As a teacher I appreciate anything that my children give to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:29 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Gift certificates are my suggestion but as long as it's not an apple anything I wouldn't complain I taught preschool for 3.5 years and I have apple everything (lotion, mugs, pencils, shirts, yada yada yada!) not to say it's not a sweet gesture but really how many apple things does one person need?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:57 AM   #4  
SCS Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this will sound funny but what about a "The kids are driving me nuts" kit? LOL (okay you can title it differently).;)

Love your canvas container-great idea! You can fill it with some m&m's, microwave popcorn, breath mints, and some change for a soda or 2 or include a bottle of water (you can even make a cute wrapper for it) they could keep. Every now and then the PTA would give us a little treat and it was always appreciated.

I really like the notecube/pen idea-I would have been all over that-but then again I kept all the cards the kids made me (and parents-lots of stampers ) and hung them up, so I would have totally dug that!

You could also make a teacher's survival kit to put inside-google that and you will find lots of cute ideas.

How sweet of you-I am sure the teacher will appreciate it!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 07:58 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm having a hard time picturing a canvas collapsable cube.

I always appreciated things that I could use on a regular basis. For instance, incentive stickers, incentive pencils, ERASERS. These are things teachers generally buy with their own money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caspen1973
My dd is starting first grade this year and I really wanted to give the teacher a gift she could use! Last year I did a very simple stamped notecube and matching RSVP pen and the teacher NEVER even opened it...it sat on her cluttered shelves behind her desk for the ENTIRE year. (This teacher was very scattered and I don't take it personally, obviously it just wasn't something she needed).

I found some cheap canvas colapsable cubes at Micheals and wanted to stamp it so she could use it to keep books in or whatever, what can I include in this that she really NEEDS and WANTS.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #6  
Stampin' Fool

What a great gift! When I taught, I loved receiving note cards, shaped notepads and post-its. Any craft supplies like wiggly eyes, pom-poms, pipe cleaners are great also! You could do a pampered teacher gift---lotion, stress ball, chocolate, etc.

If you want to stamp something, you could make simple thank you and blank cards. Crayon Kids would be perfect for this! Just stamp directly on white cardstock--no need for layers or anything. Make them simple--she'll use them for notes to kids and parents.

Definitely include a letter from you and your family expressing your gratitude for the work she has already done and what a great year you are looking forward to. Letters like these are priceless!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 09:51 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 10:19 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

My girlfriend made me a "tool belt". She got a canvas tool bag/belt/apron thing at Lowe's, you can get them at craft stores too, and painted over the logo. She made it a chalkboard, with a worm and an apple, had my name on the chalkboard. It was soooo adorable. It was handy too, I used it until it just about wore out.

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #9  
KLF
Kookie Creator

One of my best friends is a kindergarten teacher. I just made her a back-to-school gift of some cards that I got the idea from yesterday on this forum. I computer generated "A Note from Mrs. D...." on cardstock (2 per sheet) and stamped them with a really, really old set that (I think) is called School Stuff. It has a crayon, a ruler, and a pair of scissors. I put them in a holder I made using a Snooks and Boo template, also decorated with the school stuff stamps. I hope she likes them.

Another thing I made her a couple years ago was a matching tote bag and apron. I found some vintage fabric with Peter Rabbit on it (the original illustrations by Beatrix Potter). She loves rabbits, and really enjoyed both. Pre-school and kindergarten teachers like aprons or smocks--they often do messy stuff, and kids love to pat and hug them with their dirty hands.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 10:52 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

So many great ideas! Thanks so much.

The collapsable cube is really neat..I found it several months ago in with the wicker baskets. It literally folds flat and is made of canvas. It has a handle on each side and is square. I bought out all the cream colored ones and have yet to stamp one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:01 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a teacher and I really like this idea from mamak:

Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

How about the stamp set "Teacher's Aid" and a stamp pad? If that's too much $$$, you could split it between 2 teachers or save 1/2 for next year. I'm a homeschooler, so I don't have to worry about teacher gifts, but I did sell a couple of these sets to non-stamping friends at the party I hosted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2005, 11:47 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinswampysue
How about the stamp set "Teacher's Aid" and a stamp pad? If that's too much $$$, you could split it between 2 teachers or save 1/2 for next year. I'm a homeschooler, so I don't have to worry about teacher gifts, but I did sell a couple of these sets to non-stamping friends at the party I hosted.
Oh, I love that set! I'm regretting not buying it, yet. School starts, soon!
Reply With Quote Likes