Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #121  
Knit, Purl, Stamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeannie barronView Post
you can see the new colors at the scraptitude web site.
Isn't that clever!! Thanks for the heads up!

My Gallery
My Blog - My adventures in knitting
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM   #122  
Mad Swapper

As for the new stuff... I'm excited. I almost signed up to be a demo just so I could see things early when I wanted not waiting for a demo to email me or update me, etc.... but my DH would have killed me. I have a ton of stuff already as well as other stuff from a different DS company that we want to sell on ebay..... but that is one perk I would love to have.... that and being on the demo side of the forum LOL.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #123  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by pascoView Post
As for the new stuff... I'm excited. I almost signed up to be a demo just so I could see things early when I wanted not waiting for a demo to email me or update me, etc.... but my DH would have killed me. I have a ton of stuff already as well as other stuff from a different DS company that we want to sell on ebay..... but that is one perk I would love to have.... that and being on the demo side of the forum LOL.
The Demo side is really helpful, and the discount is a huge plus too. My DH would have killed me if I didn't. (JK) My wish list was WAY too long NOT to become a demo. :O)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #124  
Pearl-ExPert

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #125  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2contentstampinView Post
I was not on the landing page when it was corrected. I was on the OEX page waiting for it to go live. I kept reloading and when it went up, I started placing my order. The error cost me an additional $29.70. Thank you for your frank comment. I based my shopping list on the pdf that SU! provided, same as if you plan your grocery shopping list based on the sale ad. When you get to the store, and are in a hurry, sometimes prices come up wrong, and you don't notice it until after check-out is complete. What do you do then? You go to Customer Service and they stand behind their sale ad prices. It has only happened to me once or twice at the grocery store where I've had to go to Customer Service after check-out, but I CANNOT imagine them telling me...too bad sister, you already paid for it.

Yes, I have the option to return it for merchandise credit, but I still hold to the opinion that it could have been handled differently. OEX went live around 2:05 a.m. SU! time. My order was submitted at 2:17 a.m. SU! time. There was no updated pdf notice posted to the site. I feel like it was my order; which I e-mailed them about promptly, and perhaps others who had been caught up in early ordering process.

Thanks again for letting me vent. As mentioned in my earlier post. In over a year of being a demo, NEVER have I said one negative thing about SU!

2contentstampin
The difference is that at the grocery store you don't have the chance to review your entire order before you pay. The order came up as 9.95 in OEX, and you didn't notice it until later probably because you were in a hurry to get you order in the picking line. Understandable, but certainly not SU's fault that you choose not to review your order. I wouldn't have replied at all to this, but your posts made it seem as if the price originally came up on your sale as 5.50 per roll, and that is not true. It also makes SU look like a dishonest company when they are not. You knew the correct total, and had to okay your order as correct before it went through. I guess I feel the lesson should have been that maybe you shouldn't order at 2:17 am when you aren't awake enough to review your order (or at least the total). But, then again I can't imagine not noticing that my total was almost 30 dollars higher than I thought it should be and not reviewing my order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #126  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had all the new In Color ribbons on my order until I got to the confirm part and saw that they were 9.95. I took them out of my order for now. I might start by getting just 1/2 of them now and 1/2 later. My problem is deciding which 1/2 to get..lol. I love SU and their products and I will keep ordering... I am sorry you didnt catch the error before you confirmed the order. I might have missed it too had I just stayed up late to place the order. Now that it has been available for two days and I am waiting for my funds to be available to place the order..I have made lots of changes in the order. I am just so excited we will soon have a bunch of NEW stuff. Blessings ladies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #127  
Stazon Splitcoast

OH...PS...I originally thought the ribbon was way too high in price because I thought incorrectly that it was only 10 yards. It is 15 yards so it is really a great deal.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #128  
Glitter Queen

I definitely do not want to convey SU! as dishonest, as I agree they are not. At least let me cancel the order and then resubmit it. That is the main problem that I had. I caught the problem right away, and when they opened, and I got through to them, I was told it was too late to cancel the order, and that no adjustment would be made. Huh? Later that evening I got an e-mail from ds in response the the one I sent at about 2:18 a.m. All in all, it is a lesson learned...albeit the hard way.

Subject is considered closed as it is not getting anywhere. I am sorry for venting, and for any offense I have caused anyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #129  
Stampin' Fool

WHOA! Someone sent me this in an email....I KNEW they couldn't stop themselves from possibly doing this! I really HOPED they wouldn't...and PRAY that they will make the markers in ALL past In Colors like they did THIS year!

In Color Products
June 2, 2009

At Stampin' Up!, we constantly evaluate our existing product offering, as well as look for exciting new products we know you'll love. With this in mind, we'd like to recommend that you keep any In Color basic products (card stock and inks) you may have purchased in the past, even though they are retiring, or may have already been retired. It is possible, but not guaranteed, that we may incorporate a few of your favorite In Colors in some other way in the future. In that event, it may help you to have the coordinating products already on hand!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #130  
Die Cut Diva

[quote=ctab;14249119]The difference is that at the grocery store you don't have the chance to review your entire order before you pay. The order came up as 9.95 in OEX, and you didn't notice it until later probably because you were in a hurry to get you order in the picking line. Understandable, but certainly not SU's fault that you choose not to review your order.

*** I am not a demo, and did not purchase anything from the last two catalogs.

The "difference" in neglecting to review an order which changed price from screen to screen in the wee hours of the morning, is that SU has known for some time that release day was acoming for pre-orders on June 1, and they have personnel I would think who are assigned to check everything two or three times before it is posted.

There is no villain here and to chastise an eager demo who stayed up for first crack at the latest, greatest seems disingenuous if a commercial site didn't have their ducks in a row from something they have been planning for some time.

Betsy
and furthermore, without all those eager customers begging for hints, it would be tough to maintain a business......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM   #131  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am sooooooo excited about everything in the sneak peek and the In Colors AND the upcoming hostess sets. My order is coming tomorrow and I can't wait to play
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:26 PM   #132  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

sprtchick,

I can tell you first hand that SU! did not make good on their pdf error. I didn't realize that I was over-charged until my order was submitted. I e-mailed them immediately, but of course didn't hear back. My order was submitted at 2:17 a.m. SU time. By the time they opened in the morning the pdf was pulled and a notice was put on the website. I called them (just knowing that they would somehow make it right), and here's the response I got:

"Thank you for contacting us with your additional comments and request regarding the items you ordered that were priced incorrectly. We apologize for this situation. As hard as we try to get everything right, from time to time we have pricing errors. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused. However, in this case, the correct prices were shown on the sneak peek landing page and in OEX, so we will not be issuing any refunds or making any price adjustments. The corrected PDF should be posted on the landing page shortly. We are sorry for the confusion.

Also, because your order has been closed, we are unable to make any changes to the order. Once payment for an order has been submitted and the order is closed we are unable to make any changes to the order. We are sorry.

Thank you again for contacting us. Please feel free to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Stampin' Up!R
Demonstrator Support"

When I called to see about just canceling my order, so that I could re order without the ribbon, I was told, "Sorry, it's in submitted status, so that's not an option."

NOT HAPPY!

Sorry, and I NEVER post negative posts. Never have about anything, but this just really burns me up.

Live and learn...and WATCH EACH PRICE! Don't get caught up in just entering item # so your order can get in line that you neglect to take caution in checking EVERYTHING.

Thanks for letting me vent.
This is NOT a topic for the general side. This is a topic for the DEMO side. Someone who is not a demo is going to think SU is at fault and on and on .when they are not... There are several manuals and announcements about not being able to cancel orders and so on. You issue would be fixed if you give SU a call. A public forum is NOT the place to post something like this. Not many demos hang out here. The demo forum has only SU demos willing to help anyone that needs it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #133  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

No credit was offered. I was told that the $29.70 would not be returned to me, and I could not cancel my order. The only thing left to do would be to return it for merchandise credit once I receive it. Bummer.
If you started the order BEFORE it went live then yes sometimes those prices can get messed up. Again it is not SUs fault. There is a statement somewhere on SU demo site about that. Same thing happened last catty preorder to a few others. Again, this is a discussion for the Demo Side not a public forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #134  
Die Cut Diva

Have you ever walked in to a store and overheard the employees talking about what a piece of garbage their workplace is? Or their schedule? Or their boss? Doesn't it just make you want to turn and run? Don't you wish they would take it to the lunch room?

Just a little side note about SU~
~A few years ago I asked for a donation for a school fund raiser. I got a HUGE box of great stuff. I know many demos have been blessed by SU's generosity. And the Ronald McDonald house is one of their main charitys.
~When I call SU, I never get the dreaded computer prompts, I get a super friendly real person. Do they make errrors? Sure, us humans do that. And will continue to, but it's a small price to pay for feeling like I matter.
~They listen to the demos. That's why we are back to 1 catty. That's why we are getting In-Color markers.
~I have never heard anyone leave SU because of how they were treated. I have worked for 2 other homebased Co. and this one is by far the best.
~What is offered is by far the best in it's catagory. No, they don't offer it all, but what they have is awesome!
~And remember...if it weren't for a fabulous SU demo there would be no SCS!!!

Last edited by mom2grace; 06-02-2009 at 03:38 PM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #135  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
If you started the order BEFORE it went live then yes sometimes those prices can get messed up. Again it is not SUs fault. There is a statement somewhere on SU demo site about that. Same thing happened last catty preorder to a few others. Again, this is a discussion for the Demo Side not a public forum.
You are absolutely right. This never should have shown up in this forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #136  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2graceView Post
Have you ever walked in to a store and overheard the employees talking about what a piece of garbage their workplace is? Or their schedule? Or their boss? Doesn't it just make you want to turn and run? Don't you wish they would take it to the lunch room?

Just a little side note about SU~
~A few years ago I asked for a donation for a school fund raiser. I got a HUGE box of great stuff. I know many demos have been blessed by SU's generosity. And the Ronald McDonald house is one of their main charitys.
~When I call SU, I never get the dreaded computer prompts, I get a super friendly real person. Do they make errrors? Sure, us humans do that. And will continue to, but it's a small price to pay for feeling like I matter.
~They listen to the demos. That's why we are back to 1 catty. That's why we are getting In-Color markers.
~I have never heard anyone leave SU because of how they were treated. I have worked for 2 other homebased Co. and this one is by far the best.
~What is offered is by far the best in it's catagory. No, they don't offer it all, but what they have is awesome!
~And remember...if it weren't for a fabulous SU demo there would be no SCS!!!
You have made some wonderful points. It's nice to see someone looking at the good, and leaving the bad behind.

Before I became an SU! demo, I considered signing with another home-based company. I did some internet research, and found out that they were one of the worst companies to be with. They were very close to being a pyramid scheme. Needless to say, I didn't sign. When I thought about becoming a demo, I did the same kind of research and learned that this company is one of the most highly thought of home-based business type companies. Between that and the products that they offered, I knew that I could work with this. I have my days, but I honestly think that SU! is a great company, and for the most part treat everyone very well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #137  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I'm not a demo but I would love to know if any of you demos already have received the In Colors? If so, can you tell me how the Soft Suede differs from the True Thyme? It looks a lot like how I remember True Thyme, but I have used it all up, so my memory may be off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #138  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnfroggieView Post
I'm not a demo but I would love to know if any of you demos already have received the In Colors? If so, can you tell me how the Soft Suede differs from the True Thyme? It looks a lot like how I remember True Thyme, but I have used it all up, so my memory may be off.
This blog post has photos of some color comparisons. She didn't compare it to True Thyme, but it still might be helpful...
http://www.stampworkshop.com/2009/06...come-back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #139  
Die Cut Diva

Trina~ Michelle has posted the colors with comparisons on her blog:
http://www.stampworkshop.com/
Aren't they pretty?!??!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #140  
Die Cut Diva

Angie~ jinx, you owe me a coke!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 PM   #141  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyDollView Post
YES! In Color MARKERS! FINALLY, they LISTENED! Now...go back and make them for all the previous In Colors! You'd sell a TON! Don't miss out on this opportunity to make a $$$, SU! And I got REALLY excited about the ribbon and textured 8�x11 CS, until it was mentioned that they MESSED UP the pricing on the PDF! Too bad...so sad! That took $70 off my order though!
Amen to that!!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:24 PM   #142  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Thanks Angie and Kerney!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #143  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default In Colors

I am so sad to see some of the old "in colors" to be gone- the thought of SU bringing them back in any form would be so exciting! I would be thrilled to have "old color" markers as well!

I also wanted to add that about 8 years ago, I wrote to Su in regards to a school fundraiser and asked for a donation. They sent me the most humongous box filled with Su items- paper, stamp sets, stamp pads, etc...... they were very generous.

As a non-demo, my perception of SU is through a demo......there are alot of different faces of SU. Imagine walking by a store and looking what is in the store window.....that is how you will decide to go in or not.....that is why I love the idea of SU having blogs for their demo's too! Just as every store is not my style...every demo may not be my style (and that demo may just be your style). I think of their selection of stamps and accessories is the same- there is alot for everyone to choose from- and the longer you are here, the more selective you get because you have collected so much stuff....... (And, I can decide to try a different demo if the 'Customer Service' is lacking.....) I sure hope there are blog hops with the new SU stamps like Late Night Stampers had a few weeks ago with the Occasions Mini- I liked that idea of seeing all of the samples just from that mini. Additionally, I like to see what is posted here on SCS too.....greatest resource ever!

So, I love this time of year when the excitement for the new catalog is in full bloom....but, I still wait to see stamp sets and paper made into cards before I will order anything new..... and, I do use my SU stamps unmounted. I have tons more space and a box full of blocks and SU clear boxes that I can store other stampin stuff in......

Thanks for the link to the blog with the new in colors and their close matches. I will look forward to seeing them in real life! And, those polka dot ribbons too!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:10 PM   #144  
Polyshrink Goddess

The new in colors are great!! Soft Suede will be a fave, I can tell.

Do they have enough in colors now for an In Color family??

I really wish they would let us order cardstock, at least, of the retired in colors.

As for Stampin Up. . .well, I have mixed feelings. The bottom line is there is good and bad in all companies. SU has a nice product that is reliably quality. I appreciate that, and I know if I have a problem with an SU set they will fix it. Once I lost a stamp out of set, and called to ask if I could purchase just the replacement. They sent me a whole replacement set of rubber and did not charge me. I was amazed at the service. I am not sure another company would do that, esp. since it was my fault for losing the stamp in the first place.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #145  
Crimping Master

I don't find SU expensive, because I only buy sets where I like all stamps. So when I do the math on cost/stamp, I find it to be good value.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-02-2009, 10:36 PM   #146  
Pearl-ExPert

I for one think the new in colors are pretty killer this year and gosh darn it if they didn't listen and make markers. Will I have to choose between ink pads and markers or should I get both? There is one set that has really caught my eye that I can't wait to see samples of and the new punch looks awesome! Again I can't wait to see samples people always come up with great ideas and then I just have to have it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #147  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollyfanView Post
I don't find SU expensive, because I only buy sets where I like all stamps. So when I do the math on cost/stamp, I find it to be good value.
Same here...I am too practical to buy a whole set where I only love one or two stamps...I have to be totally in love with almost every stamp. When I compare how pricey individual stamps (wood) have gotten at Hobby Lobby and Michaels I realize how well-priced stampin up is. I've noticed individual stamps at HL lately going for $9.00 or more...yikes! I do shop their 50% off stamps sales and love 'em!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #148  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketOHeartsView Post
The new in colors are great!! Soft Suede will be a fave, I can tell.

Do they have enough in colors now for an In Color family??

I really wish they would let us order cardstock, at least, of the retired in colors.

As for Stampin Up. . .well, I have mixed feelings. The bottom line is there is good and bad in all companies. SU has a nice product that is reliably quality. I appreciate that, and I know if I have a problem with an SU set they will fix it. Once I lost a stamp out of set, and called to ask if I could purchase just the replacement. They sent me a whole replacement set of rubber and did not charge me. I was amazed at the service. I am not sure another company would do that, esp. since it was my fault for losing the stamp in the first place.
Oh, how wonderful if they had an in color family.....wow I just think the in colors are so fresh and modern. Which is the point, I guess of "in" color. I just love how current they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 12:17 PM   #149  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just about jumped out of my seat when I saw the sneak peek and noticed the new in color markers!!! Yippee!

Now, if SU would go back and make markers out of this year's in colors. I'd love them in kiwi kiss and riding hood red.

Anyone know how to make their own markers with re-inkers???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 PM   #150  
Die Cut Diva

Samantha (scrapmaster) has a tutorial on her blog:
http://thescrapmaster.blogspot.com/2...r-markers.html
~hth~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #151  
Stampin' Fool

I'll pay more to not have to cut stamps. I buy SU stamps because of the image. I hate cutting stamps, the quality is excellent, and dang, I love that everything matches. I just wish they had junior consultant status because if they did, I'd sign up in a heart beat. My demo is thrilled to have me as a customer but there's no way I could spend 300.00 a quarter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #152  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

I think if SU really expects the Sneak Peak NOT to be leaked, they should not reveal it even to the demos until the products go live! Someone leaks it every time, and, ok, if they post a link, I have to look at it, even though it's not supposed to be posted! It's all part of the excitement of the new catty coming out, and frankly, I think they do it intentionally. It's like putting a piece of chocolate in front of me, a non-demo, and then saying, don't eat the chocolate, DON'T EAT THE CHOCOLATE. I ate the chocolate.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 11:00 AM   #153  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

Originally Posted by nancystampsView Post
I think if SU really expects the Sneak Peak NOT to be leaked, they should not reveal it even to the demos until the products go live! Someone leaks it every time, and, ok, if they post a link, I have to look at it, even though it's not supposed to be posted! It's all part of the excitement of the new catty coming out, and frankly, I think they do it intentionally. It's like putting a piece of chocolate in front of me, a non-demo, and then saying, don't eat the chocolate, DON'T EAT THE CHOCOLATE. I ate the chocolate.
lol. I know that some demos are a little SU crazy :twisted: But most of us do want to see what we are ordering before we do it.

Actually, this year, SU! didn't reveal until the very last minute, probably because last year it was leaked so early. So the demos who leaked last year, really hurt the demos this year who felt like they didn't have enough time to make a decision.

I do think though that people purposely don't follow the rules and it is a shame.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #154  
Stampin' Fool

Mmmmm....chocolate!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 01:45 PM   #155  
Stazon Splitcoast

chocolate? ... YUM!

i ate the chocolate too... and i would eat it again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 PM   #156  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

That's it.....it's 11:30 pm, and I'm ripping open a bag of Nuggets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #157  
Polyshrink Goddess

ok, off topic, but gale, i love your quote, and your avatar. GO FIREFLY! whoooo hooooo!

do you watch "Castle"?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 PM   #158  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna741View Post
This blog post has photos of some color comparisons. She didn't compare it to True Thyme, but it still might be helpful...
http://www.stampworkshop.com/2009/06...come-back.html

Wow! Thanks for the link. The comparisions really help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #159  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,015 Likes on 869 Posts
Default chocolate

I had some 'Chocolate' a day or two ago, and came back for some more! LOL

I am loving the Asian set -I have seen sample cards posted, and I love the Pheasant set too posted on this link..... I am anxious to see the new in- colors put together on cards. I love the new- I think- textured card stock 8x11...is that right? Not too sure of the circle set, but I am sure there will be some great samples posted, and I may change my mind........

So, are demo's seeing any drop in sales with the economy? Just curious

Thanks for posting the sneak peak-I personally like the other companies posting prior to new releases and think it builds up anticipation for what's new and would make us all go crazy to buy stuff as soon as the catalog was available. I respect SU that they prefer their stuff not be posted, but will look at it if it is ...leaked.....

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #160  
Polyshrink Goddess

oh i never heard of dollhouse. i'll have to check that out.

i love castle. he's quite the smart *****!

have not watched chuck.
Reply With Quote Likes