Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #81  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one's bought it yet.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mad Swapper

"Priority Shipping will be based on zip code with insurance extra if desired."

Uhhh....no, it's not. Priority Mail is based on weight, not zip code.

Both of the very overpriced punches went to Norway, where SU is not available. I think she is hoping that her Norweigan buyer will tell all her friends in the fjord and they will be clamoring to buy her punches at any cost.

Now think about it: If there were some amazing stamping technique that you could do ONLY with Norweigan pickled herring, the Norweigans would be cracking up at how much we'd be willing to pay for it!!! Over there they probably are tripping over baskets of it and we would fork over good money for something they take for granted.

I know it is a ridiculous example, especially when you consider the smell of Norweigan pickled herring, but it illustrates supply and demand. I have never found sucess as a seller by overpricing items on ebay. She probably would have done better selling it by pricing it more fairly and letting the buyers determine the price.
Crimping Master

I looked at a completed item listing, there were at least ELEVEN BIN at $29.95 w/ $5.95 shipping with nary a bid. They all ended one day apart. The only difference from the $60 listings is that this gal only ships to the US. She has 11 auctions that she relists until someone buys. No biters though.

I find in interesting that rude gal's negatives are all people that balk at her outrageous international shipping rate. Actual cost is $3 and she charges $25. No wonder she's been around since the dinousaurs she has quite the profit making scheme with her shipping costs. Enough complaints and eBay will cite her for that.

Just remember liars never win. Karma always has its revenge.
Insane Embellisher

Arrow Another crazy priced Word Window punch

Here is another way over priced (I mean <snip>!) Word Window Punch.
She is asking 38.89 and 8.52 for shipping, and a Buy-it_now price of 49.99! Way out of line!

I do not understand how these people can sleep at night. I am going to send this person an email <snip>
Laurie

Last edited by craftdoc; 05-25-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: removed eBay link plus TOS violation
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I find it very interesting that several of the auctions for the word window punch mention that it is rare or retired. Of the eight auctions I found when I did a search, 5 said that it was rare, retired or both. These people didn't do much research before they listed their item!
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
I find it very interesting that several of the auctions for the word window punch mention that it is rare or retired. Of the eight auctions I found when I did a search, 5 said that it was rare, retired or both. These people didn't do much research before they listed their item!
Either that or they are trying to justify (in their minds) ripping people off is OK when they have an excuse!
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaLattyView Post

Little does she know these "watchers" are us Splitcoasters dying to see if someone actually buys it!
Laurie

LOL....how funny is that.....LOL I'm one of those watchers. I just wanted to see if anyone would really pay that much for that punch.....:rolleyes:
We should all sign up to watch it!! Then we should all send her an email:

Hello, I'm a bit confused.....is this the same punch that is available in the current catalog for $15.95 ? If not how is it different?
Polyshrink Goddess

You all might want to consider that the people who have bought these punches may read these posts. I am sure they appreciate being called idiots. If I lived in Norway, maybe I would pay that for a punch. I do not know, and I also do not know the buyer's reasons for paying that for the punch. If that is what it is worth to the buyer, so be it.

The seller should not be selling in violation of SU rules if she is a demo, and she should not be making intentional misrepresentations in her listings. But it doesn't mean people who pay what I think is a lot for punches are stupid or didn't check the SU website first before they bought. It also does not reflect well on the Stampin Up community if we are all sending confrontational emails to this seller. If she knows she is doing wrong, the emails will not help. It would be better to send the auctions to SU or eBay and tell them how we think the listings might be in violation of policies.
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey all,
I think we have discussed this topic enough. The moderators have had to edit this thread several times. Ebay links are permitted on SCS as long as they are
1. not promotional
2. don't break the TOS

Unfortunately, the TOS also covers eBay seller

"We ask that no one creates or condones a post openly disparaging any individual or group of people"
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc