Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2005, 08:31 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your favorite make and take

The few parties I have been to do 3 make and takes. My uplines says she makes 3 cards while people watch and then everyone makes and takes 1 card. How many have you done at demonstrations?

What has been your favorite make and takes?

Have you done the pre-cut boxes or tags?

How complicated to the techniques get? Like have you seen crayon resist, shaving cream, bleaching etc. at demonstrations or are these reserved for workshops?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Default Make and Take

The party I just hosted, our demo showed us the new Simply Scrappin kits and three cards she ahd done using the Summer By the Sea kit. We could then use her stuff to make two cards. She brings her buttons, brads, ribbon, wire, etc all along and we can try new things to see if we like them. I have never been to a party where we did anything as complicated and messy as shaving cream or bleaching. I have learned those things at workshops, from internet sites, or from friends. I do have little round holes in my kitchen table where one of the ladies pounded her eyelets without the mat though! I am a more advanced stamper and you forget how it was in the beginning :lol: I have never paid anything for make and takes at a party, but do for camps and workshops. I am going to a workshop weekend after this and really looking forward to it. I can tell by all of your questions that you are going to make a great SU demo. Good luck :!: Val
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 03:22 AM   #3  
JLW
Compulsive Stamper

I am hosting a party tonight and my demonstrator is showing us polished stone and we complete two make and takes...one will be a card using water colored pencils and the blender pens and the other is a box the one that folds out.
I went to a party in March and that demonstrator had us complete 3 cards,a bagolope and a sour cream container.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 06:28 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I always try to teach a new technique at every party, customers are big on WOW then I let them loose to make a card, a box and a 6x6 page. I always have the idea laid out for the beginners and those that are experienced stampers just do their own thing which is always fun for me because I love to see a new curve on something I have done. I highly recommend doing the boxes, at every party people always seem to be so fascinated at the cute boxes we can come up with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 06:29 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default your favorite make and take

My demo usually does 2 cards and one demonstrated thing!
We did do shaving cream technique at a workshop! I think it depends on the amount of people. We did tiles at a workshop also!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 06:42 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

I usually demo 3-4 projects and have 1 make n take. I tend to stick to the basics unless I know that the people there have already seen it several times before. I know that when I started even if I had already seen the technique before I usually learned at least one more tip about it when I saw it the second time around.

Many times I have reserved the more time consuming or messy techniques for classes I have at my house or stamp camps. For example one time I did a Beautiful Backgrouds class where I did a demo that included polished stone and shaving cream because I needed more sales to hit a goal that quarter. That particular class did not include a make n take but I did give them a packet with instructions for the techniques and some glossy cs with cotton balls for the the polished stone.

I think after you have done a few workshops you will find out what you are comfortable with and can adjust from there.

Hope this helps
Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 06:58 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I demo three projects-ususally cards but ocassionally I thow a box into the mix. By demo'ing I mean my customers are also making the projects. We do various techniques and use various accessories. Lately I've been doing one of the cards with Poly-Shrink-my customers love that stuff!! I have done bleach but not shaving cream, etc. for the simple reason of time. Bleach dries fast, shaving cream does not.

-Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #8  
Crimping Master

I usually demo 3 projects (usually cards, but sometimes a box or scrapbook page) and then 1 make and take. This seems to work, and everyone seems to be happy with it. The newcomers are usually surprised that they get to make something. As for the techniques, it usually depends on the crowd. Right now, most of the guests are just beginning so I haven't done too many advanced techniques. But last year with my hostess club group, I did things like shaving cream, polished stone, and other more advanced/time consuming techniques. I try to save the advanced ones for classes at my house.

I think one factor in how many make and takes should be the cost to the demo. If you are a new demo, you may not have the card stock it requires for 3 make and takes. And, if you start with 3, it's going to be hard to cut it back to 1 or 2 for workshops with repeat customers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I usually do 3 demos and a make n take. I will demo a basic card, a more advanced card (with chalks/embossing/or some wow technique), a quick scrapbook page (mostly how to make the most of the white pages that come with your books) and then the make n take, which varies from group to group. My WOW one is the easiest...the bagelope. This allows them to use different stamps to fill in their background and then we would make a tag or card front to attach to the bag. I try to vary the stamp sets I use based on promotions for that month, but basically they are all the same. I save the technique stuff for stamp camps.
Reply With Quote Likes