Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-22-2006, 09:05 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Your opinion is needed...

It seems there are many threads (and hijacks of threads) about what a SU! demo or a customer should or shouldn't do. I would like to give you the opportunity to tell me the positive things your demo has done for you.

The reason I am asking is that I would like some ideas to use for my customers.

I only ask that this be the good things and something other than give discounts (I just cannot afford it:(--I am not trying to be mean or stingy--I just cannot afford to only break even).

my blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:21 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

1-She delivers my order the instant she gets it. She even brings them to my work if it comes during my work hours.

2-We always get every inspirations sheet.

3-Since she splits up her sets (so do I) she used the extra stamps as door prizes at stamp club.

4-She will mount and trim for you if you wish.

5-Stamp camps are free if you place a $10 order.

6-She has a box of cardstock scraps that we can take if we want to try a new color.

7- She encourages us to stamp several images of each at stamp club so we can make more at home.

8-She is VERY generous in lending us her stamps sets to use and it has convinced me more than once that I had to have an "iffy" set.

9- A couple of times a year she has a party where we bring our own ink/paper, etc. but we can sit at her table for a whole afternoon and evening and stamp with her stamps.

10-We get a handmade card she has made with every single order we get.

11- When you are hostess you get to choose 10 handmade cards from her box and a stamp from her stamp box.

12- We each get a $15 gift certificate on our birthday.

13-She has made birth announcements for many people just as a favor.

14-She gives us first chance to buy her retired sets at 1/3 off original price or less!

15-She lets us order any mini catty items she is not going to get for herself long before regular customers could get them (the demo pre-order thing).

16-Free catalogs and free minis.

17-She tells us when we can get a better deal elswhere either with a better price or better product.

18-She shares all her demo secrets, magazines, etc. No cult with her LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Did I mention that she has 5 kids and homeschools too! Super Demo!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:29 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

My SU Demo is wonderful !!!! She had a new catalog preview at her house.
We had one make and take card and a few snacks and we could buy the catalog and new items in it.
She has a PMS ( Pamper Me with Stamping) night Bring your stamps and stuff and snack and drink. At a local place that does not charge much. And we pay $ 3-10. each. This is great fun and get to see others creations.
Hope this helps.
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=14255
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My demonstrator is a hobby demo, but she's always on the ball about letting me know when any new incentives and promotions are being offered. She lives right down the road, so she brings me the new catalogs as soon as she gets them. Once, she called me to let me know they had arrived before she had even opened the box!
I get my catalog and minis for free, but I make it more than worth her while financially! [IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon12.gif[/IMG]
She knows that there are some things I buy other places and she doesn't mind..... she knows that all my CS, inks, and all but a few of my stamps are SU!.
She has often loaned me sets. She lets a few of her best customers have first refusal on any retired sets she's letting go.
She has often given me sets for free, once surprising me out of the blue with Loads of Love, because she knew I was intending to buy it.
She often sends orders directly to me, even if there are other customers' orders included. I just take out my stuff (usually the lion's share!), and she comes and picks up the rest.
I love to cut and mount my sets, but she often does that for some of her other cuctomers who don't enjoy it.
I hope she stays with it,because I would hate to start again with someone new!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:52 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Annabelle...

WOW... I am crazy about your demo! She's really into it for the right reasons... because she loves it AND because she wants to make her customers happy. I've hunted high and low for a demo like that. Unfortunately, I'm one of those who seems to sniff out all the bad demos. Darn. Maybe one day!

Don't suppose your gal is in the Chicago area?

Cheers,

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

Holy crap Annabelle, your demo sounds exactly like my demo (minus the 5 kids homeschooled..... ) I love that she gets excited about the new catalog or orders coming in and she gets them to us RIGHT AWAY! She loans me stamp sets too (and I loan some of mine to her if she needs them). She will let you host your stampin up parties AT HER HOUSE which I believe is one of the biggest blocks to getting someone to host a party - they don't want to have to clean their house top to bottom, know what I mean? This takes all the house-cleaning anxiety out of the equation. The hostess just invites people, provides the treats, and my demo does the rest. How awesome is that?!?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #8  
clean and krafty

Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelle1974
1-She delivers my order the instant she gets it. She even brings them to my work if it comes during my work hours.

3-Since she splits up her sets (so do I) she used the extra stamps as door prizes at stamp club.

6-She has a box of cardstock scraps that we can take if we want to try a new color.

7- She encourages us to stamp several images of each at stamp club so we can make more at home.

8-She is VERY generous in lending us her stamps sets to use and it has convinced me more than once that I had to have an "iffy" set.

9- A couple of times a year she has a party where we bring our own ink/paper, etc. but we can sit at her table for a whole afternoon and evening and stamp with her stamps.

11- When you are hostess you get to choose 10 handmade cards from her box and a stamp from her stamp box.

14-She gives us first chance to buy her retired sets at 1/3 off original price or less!

15-She lets us order any mini catty items she is not going to get for herself long before regular customers could get them (the demo pre-order thing).

17-She tells us when we can get a better deal elswhere either with a better price or better product.

Which of your 5 demos that you order from does this? All of them? or just one? Just curious how many demos are able to give away so many cards and stamps.....

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 11:50 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

My goodness! Does this woman have a life? I mean, between stamping all those free cards and mounting and trimming stamps...... Maybe she just has a small customer base.

Sandi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 12:40 PM   #10  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

My demo gives away little door prizes when she does a workshop. She also gives us first dibs on her retired sets (I bought quite a few!) at reduced prices. Free catalogs and free minis if you host one workshop a year. Shares ideas, techniques, etc with us. Will gladly lend out a set if you need it. She encourages us to use our own creativity and ideas during stamp camp; not limited to CASEing her cards. Does offer suggestion on procduct availablity elsewhere at discount price. She emails several "polls and surveys" during the year asking about our interests, what techniques we would like to do, etc. and to the first people to respond will give some of her homemade cards as samples. She is just AWESOME!!
:big grin: Joanne
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

btt
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

One demo I use to go to (I only changed demos b/c my best friend signed up) had these fabulous parties she called "Hostess Stampedes" where all stampers who were hostesses in the last 6 months (or maybe even 12 months, I wasn't sure since I had catalog parties frequently) - were invited. She had like 20 silent auctions that had old stamp sets, new stamps (old SAB sets, old retired ones), some auction packages were ink pads w/ matching paper, scrapppin kits, grab bags with 20+ cards, glitter packs, embossing powders, etc - just about everything imaginable.

The way you "bid" on these items was every hostess was mailed a long list of ways to earn tickets. Mostly it involved making cards, tags, gift boxes and all sorts of stuff (she kept all the samples that earned you tickets). When you first got to her house, you showed her all the stuff to earn you tickets (she had downlines that helped her, I think) - then we were eligible to start bidding on items. The auctions were spaced out to end every 5 minutes or so - so if you didn't win one, just transfer your tickets to another one. Seriously - everyone walked out of there with 1-2 auctions won and while you waited for auctions to end, you could borrow any stamp sets she owned (she provided scraps and white CS). I mostly stamped images on white CS of stuff I didn't own to use later. It was a ton of fun and everyone always wanted to be included on the festivities.

This same demo also mailed out cards once a month to all previous hostesses who had a show within the last 6 months. And 90% of the stuff she stamped/used I ended up ordering - her cards were always really cute! Inside all the cards, she inserted a typed piece of paper that included that month's specials so you could use the card yourself if you wanted to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #13  
clean and krafty

Quote:

Originally Posted by BasketMom

This same demo also mailed out cards once a month to all previous hostesses who had a show within the last 6 months. And 90% of the stuff she stamped/used I ended up ordering - her cards were always really cute! Inside all the cards, she inserted a typed piece of paper that included that month's specials so you could use the card yourself if you wanted to.
I like this idea....everyone loves getting happy mail! Plus, what a great way to share your ideas with your customers!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:14 PM   #14  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
Which of your 5 demos that you order from does this? All of them? or just one? Just curious how many demos are able to give away so many cards and stamps.....
I also wondered this, and if she knows about the other four demos. I would think with all this, you wouldn't need four more demos!

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:27 PM   #15  
Rubber Obsessor

OK I'm jealous. I've never been treated as nice as some of you ladies have.

When I ordered several (ok a bunch) of retired sets, my demo went through all her old idea sheets, picked out one's that went with the sets I was ordering then mailed those and a few more just for goodness sake.

Stamped and mailed the most darling thank you card after my last order.

Free catalogs with a $50 purchase.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

She gave me about 12 sheets of whisper white when i mentioned I had once again forgotten to order it- it was just an old pack of hers.

We get $5 off an order when attending a stamp camp.

She will let you use her rubber snips if we want.

She enters all "campers" into a prize drawing- I'm not sure if it is monthly or quarterly.

Whenever she has to reschedule she gives us a nice little incentive stamp as a "sorry"

She tells us which products she thinks we should get elsewhere, to spend more money on stamps. (Like the envelopes- SUs are truly invitation quality, but darn are walmart's cheap)

She always remembers all the extras at stamp camps. Making paper easter baskets? Pick up eggs and grass. Making candy bar wrappers- everyone gets a candy bar.

I have also heard of demos who share their reinkers- an awesome idea, I think.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #17  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandilotter
My goodness! Does this woman have a life? I mean, between stamping all those free cards and mounting and trimming stamps...... Maybe she just has a small customer base.

Sandi
I don't know how many customers but she has 4 10-clubs. Did I mention she is also pregnant?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #18  
Mad Swapper

I think it really pays to shop for a demo. I have discovered most of mine through recommendations of very happy customers. One I met at a booth in the park where she was selling her cards at a craft sale.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts

Okay, Annabelle's demo sounds amazing, but I didn't see where it said she had 5 of them. I think it said she had 5 kids, not 5 demos.

Anyway, I have two demos - the one I started with, and another that I buy from when I go to a friend's workshops. I'll just list stuff all together.

We get a chance to buy retiring sets at 25% off. The method varies from year to year. She also puts out bins of retired ribbon, punches, etc.

She has workshop orders shipped directly to me. I enjoy packaging everything - seeing what my friends bought. That way, there's no lag time for getting my stuff.

I always get a nice hostess gift when I have a workshop - once a set of coasters - once a set of pastels.

When I first started buying SU, I bought ink pads individually. Then I bought an entire set. Then I wanted another set, but already had 2 or 3 colors. She let me buy the set, then swapped out the colors I had for colors I didn't have. This was really sweet. I assume she used the extra pads as hostess gifts.

We always get cute little things at the catalog unveiling party. We play different catalog games, and the winner gets to pick a prize which is an uncut hostess set. (I think she gets a lot of extras when she places orders for stamp a stacks, etc.) She also does drawings for the sets that night.

When new colors come out, she'll order a pack of each color (probably 3 or 4 of each). Then we can order a pack from her that contains 2 or 3 sheets of each of the new colors.

At the catalog party, she gives out coupons - one for each month leading up to the next new catalog. If you redeem "x" number of coupons over the year, you get something free. (I forget - I usually order stuff that isn't on a coupon.)

My demo doesn't give her opinion of things that I buy - unless I ask. If I'm considering a set, I'll ask her opinion. Sometimes she'll tell me she loves it. Sometimes she'll tell me she isn't going to buy it because she can only think of a use for one of the 10 stamps in the set (or whatever). I appreciate her honest opinion.

I'm sure there's other things. I just can't think of them right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #20  
clean and krafty

Annabelle had mentioned in several previous posts that she had 5 demos she purchases from.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 08:11 PM   #21  
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Received 117 Likes on 98 Posts

yeah it was in a different thread.

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
"It was fun." - Kirk, Star Trek: Generations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-22-2006, 09:32 PM   #22  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I think it really pays to shop for a demo. I have discovered most of mine through recommendations of very happy customers. One I met at a booth in the park where she was selling her cards at a craft sale.
Just out of curiosity... why on earth does anyone need/want more than one Demo if they truly have such a supper one?

Feeling sorry for all five of those precious little children... with time away to hold 4-10 stamp clubs... as well as workshops... and the time it takes to provide so much for one's customers... where, oh where, is there time for the children? Wishing I had this much time in each day, much less this much energy.

I can only dream of having such a terrific demo... much less being one.

Proud to be a Stampin' Up! Demo... and a "Rubber Mutt"

~*~
Click here to Visit My Gallery
HeartPrints Welcome
A

Avatar: Photo taken Dec. 2006 at Wildlife Safari - Winston, OR
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 03:18 AM   #23  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My demo is awesome--plenty of timely information delivered with no pressure to buy, fun stamp parties with great food and lovely cards to make, free catty with large orders. She's all I want in a demo, and I feel so lucky to have her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:21 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My demo is amazing. She is a heart surgeon, homeschools 3 kids and she even operated on my mother for free. But then I found out about this other demo who was offering free shipping once a year so I switched.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #25  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by LateBlossom
My demo is awesome--plenty of timely information delivered with no pressure to buy, fun stamp parties with great food and lovely cards to make, free catty with large orders. She's all I want in a demo, and I feel so lucky to have her!

These are things done by more than one demo over the years.

1. My demos have mounted my stamps because I have a latex allergy. They have graciously done this for me and have been very kind about it. If a demo doesn't do it, my sister-in-law does it for me (and she's nice too! ;) )

2. Free shipping specials if you place a large order or attend a stamp night (the night was $10 but the free shipping covered most of that and it was just a nice thing to do)

3. Ribbon swaps.

4. Sell retired stamp sets or unwanted stamp sets at a great price.

5. Email cards from the gallery or from other demo websites that use stamp sets that I have or just ordered.

6. Free catalog with purchase (of a designated amount of money).

7. One of the best things a demo can do for me is help me prioritize my order...for example, if I wanted two stamp sets but could only buy one, offer some opinions as to which one to get.

Good luck with your business!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:25 AM   #26  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
My demo is amazing. She is a heart surgeon, homeschools 3 kids and she even operated on my mother for free. But then I found out about this other demo who was offering free shipping once a year so I switched.

Ok...you win! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:34 AM   #27  
Stampin' Fool

My old demo was just mazing! We ended up becoming fast friends. I moved several states away, unfortunately.

1. Shows us the most up to date techniques.
2. Gets orders to us in a very timely manner
3. Holds stamp camps about 3 times a year. We do so many projects. It is such fun.
4. Lets us borrow stamp sets or buy single sheets of CS.
5. She is genuinely excited about new catalogs/products and shares with us ASAP.
6. Started a wonderful 6x6 stampin club.

My new demo is great as well. She does many of the above things. I fel blessed to have met both of them. They both started out as demos but quickly became friends.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:50 AM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Groaning while ROTFLMAO and rolling my eyes....:rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 05:54 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

my demo is my sister, so of course I think she is wonderful. She does a lot of what others have posted but I think the biggest thing to me is her genuine excitement for SU! It is contagious. She keeps costs of workshops in an affordable range for those on a tight budget. She sees them as time away to have fun with the girls so it is a treat to be there. She shares abundantly, materials, ideas, SU! news, and her enthusiasm for stamping. I can't imagine having a demo that is any less than all that.

A day hemmed in prayer will not unravel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:18 AM   #30  
Stampin' Fool

Default A good demo..

Okay I have a slightly different perspective. I was a hobby demo for the last year and a half. I no longer am, I put a lot of thought into several things and think this is a good place to share them.

When I looked through the new catalog my wish list was about $250. Another hobby demo, trying to meet her minimums, had offered to allow me to place orders through her at the demo discount of 20% off. This was a very tempting offer. It would save me $50.

The other option I had was to join the Stampers 10 (okay it is actually 9) group of a demo that I found on this site and I new would be fantastic. So would a fantastic demo and a monthly club meeting be worth the extra $50?

(I am a math teacher, and fascinated with numbers, so bare with my geekieness here.)

What would I get for that $50 - (and what will it cost that demo)
$5 A new catalog
$15-20 3 make-n-takes per meeting (and this doesn't include costs for sets, inks, and other non-consumibles)

So really over a period of 9 monthes my demo will only be making $25-30, and that is if she doesn't offer any extra discounts or freebies. (And I order more than the minimums, which a lot of people don't.) Is her time and effort worth that? Most definitely!!!! And I don't expect her to use that money for gas (and more of her time) to deliver my order the second it arrives at her house. I am more than willing to wait for the next club meeting to get my goodies and if I need it sooner I can use my time and money to go pick it up.

Makes me want to ask all of the other customers who are looking for the best service and the most discounts from their demo - What do you do for your demo to let her know how much you appreciate everything that she does for you? (And even ordering $500 when she offers you a 20% discount doesn't cut it.)

Okay, back to the OP question of what she should do for her customers. Hold workshops at your house where they can come and learn without having to hostess. I don't have friends who stamp. Believe me I wish I did. The thing I value most about my demo is that she offers me a time to stamp with others and learn new techniques. When I first got back into stamping about 3 years ago I contacted a demo for CTMH (this next part is not meant as a general CTMH comment so please don't take it as one) she was more than happy to take my order (about $100 and then still charged me the $8 for the catalog). I asked her about classes and she said well I could hostess one. No really I can't unless you would be happy with just me and my 2 children, she wasn't (and I don't blame her). Well about 3 weeks later I got an email from her about a class and immediately signed up. Well no one else did so she canceled the class. The next week I found an SU demo who had a hostess club. The CTMH consultant continued to email me for the next year trying to get me to place another order, but never once offered a class and never got another sale from me.

Long story short, what makes a good demo is just that good demoing. Customers can purchase supplies anywhere, what will set you apart is that you teach them how to use them. You make the stamps and brads and the ribbons more than just materials.

And I really wish more demos would charge a more realistic class fee and not refund it with purchase. To me it is right up there with when I would do craft shows with homemade candles and customers seemed to think they should be cheaper than the plain vanilla candles they buy from kmart! Just because it is an individual not a mass produced company doesn't make it worth less...it makes it worth more.

Next time you are at a stamp camp or class, think about the amount of time that the demo is putting into the projects, the cost of the supplies, and look at how much she is really making. Would you really be willing to work for that? I know that most demos do it because they love stamping, but many are also in it as a business.

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:33 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

oh my goosch this is a dream demo!!!!! you are one lucky girl

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:42 AM   #32  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethScrap
Next time you are at a stamp camp or class, think about the amount of time that the demo is putting into the projects, the cost of the supplies, and look at how much she is really making. Would you really be willing to work for that? I know that most demos do it because they love stamping, but many are also in it as a business.

Beth
I agree with you.....that's why I never have a problem paying to attend stamp camp or for a catalog or whatever. I know my demonstrator loses money on stamp camps - how could she not with all the supplies, not to mention time spent because she pre-cuts every layer for us and everything - I would happily pay twice what she charges just for a time when I can actually STAMP and have all the materials laid out and ready for me to use. And yet, there are some people who complain about the prices and I just have to <sigh> :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:48 AM   #33  
Kookie Creator

One thing my demo has done for me which I really appreciate, is to submit my order with another of her customers and give us 1/2 hostess benefits each (one person gets the $20 the other the free stamp set). This is a great perk if your order is quite large but not quite large enough to qualify for a hostess order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 06:51 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

my demo does a lot of nice things, but one of the things i appreciate most about her is her honesty about SU products. for the items that can be found cheaper elsewhere, she lets us know. why spend your money for full price on something you can buy at a.c.moore or michaels's with a 40% off coupon? this doesn't lessen what we buy from her, it allows us to spend our money on stamps and ink, etc. therefore, when she talks up a product, we know it isn't a sales pitch...we value her opinion.

For You have delivered my soul from death, My eyes from tears, And my feet from falling. Psalm 116:8

my blog http://wwwfeedingmysoul.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

Quote:

:shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:22 AM   #36  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmama
Annabelle had mentioned in several previous posts that she had 5 demos she purchases from.

Thanks for the clarification. I kept going back and reading her post. I couldn't see where it had come from. (I just got through reading the whole catalog thread.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #37  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Get out of here.;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:25 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

give your customers this web site as info board.

at the beginning you may loose some orders because of the sell and trade board but i believe at the end people will buy more since they see all the great tutorials and cards.

since iam here i sepent A LOT more even on accessories i would never done without splitcoaststampers

My SCS Gallery
My blog
: Pretty Pressings
Designer for Magnolia, Sweden, Lili of the Valley and Sir Stampalot
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:46 AM   #39  
clean and krafty

Quote:

OMG!!! I freakin' spewed coffee everywhere Joan!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2006, 07:53 AM   #40  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by DancingRain
Just out of curiosity... why on earth does anyone need/want more than one Demo if they truly have such a supper one?

I can only dream of having such a terrific demo... much less being one.
I can't answer for anyone else but I'll answer for myself. I have an amazing demo- but I have also worked with two others. The reason why- technique camps. Having more than one demo means more camps to go too (they are all busy people and only each do one a quarter), more specials to choose from (one of the demo splits paper packs! Sometimes they offer free shipping, independent of SU etc), but the other demos know that I have a "primary" demo and am just taking advantage of their camps and specials.
Reply With Quote Likes