Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2004, 09:56 AM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You're Gonna Laugh!

I'm relatively new to this website and have been stamping since July of this year. I've become a card making fool! My sweet girlfriend bought me a SU! GC to support my 'new passion' as she said! lol Well I was going to post asking what you all would recommend as a great graphic stamp set. I was imagining hundreds of responses to that question! lol I decided to forgo a post like that. This is what'll make you laugh - I've been studying my catalog like you wouldn't believe - spending hours and days trying to decide what set I want! I'd think most of you have a list or know right off the top of your head what you'd buy should a little gift of moolah fall on your lap! Here I am trying to decide what to buy. Welp - I've found it! I have to tell you that the gallery on this website ROCKS!!!! It helped me decide what set I want. Yes the catalog gives you at least one idea for a card/page but I'm such a visual (and wordy lol) person it's ridiculous! I should prob. place some of my cards into its proper SU! category instead of just placing it in my lil' gallery. Anyway ~~~ I am going to get the Etruscan set. I think it's just beautiful and there are soooo many possibilities with it! I'm so excited about it and I haven't even bought it yet!!! LOL I better get on the horn w/the GC's demo!!! lol So just had to share this little blip with y'all!!! Enjoy your day - Happy stamping!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 10:20 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

When I first discovered SU in 1998? my list was SOOO long... I ended up wanting EVERYTHING, and the only way to justify my want list is to be a demonstrator! Be careful, or you will end up doing the same!
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

The more I look at the catalog the longer my lists gets. Before my SIL sent me this sight my wish list was small. After seeing the amazing things that can be done I can't stop!

Happy SU! shopping & stamping!
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Michelle,
When ever I see your name, I think I'm talking to myself (notice my member name). What a hoot!

Anyway, once you start stamping with coordinated sets (not to mention SU's coordinated ink, paper, ribbon, embellishments, etc), you will have a hard time purchasing single items again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your new toys!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 08:21 PM   #5  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherof6
The more I look at the catalog the longer my lists gets. Before my SIL sent me this sight my wish list was small. After seeing the amazing things that can be done I can't stop!

Happy SU! shopping & stamping!
Thank you! I'll definitely enjoy!
I drool everytime I see any project using embossing. I'm in awe of that work! I think I need to call my demo and setup a workshop re: embossing! It looks fun and rewarding! And - like you said - I have this site to blame!!!!! Thanks girls! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 08:23 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichelleY
Michelle,
When ever I see your name, I think I'm talking to myself (notice my member name). What a hoot!

Anyway, once you start stamping with coordinated sets (not to mention SU's coordinated ink, paper, ribbon, embellishments, etc), you will have a hard time purchasing single items again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy your new toys!
Alright!!! Now I know I can mess with you!!!! MichelleY quit talkin' to yourself! Or maybe ok MichelleY ya gotta make 10 cards today and send them to..... Ooooooooh this could be fun! :twisted:
The coordinating sets are amazing - I looooove watching my demo at work with them! IMO it's quite a talent!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 08:52 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I love embossing! IT's my newest obsession! Be careful or you will become a demo! That's what happened to me!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 09:21 PM   #8  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

What a great friend!!! And I know exactly what you mean. My DH is giving me money, that he promises he doesn't care what I spend it on. So guess what I'm doing once Jan, is here!!!

I also study the catty until I know what I "need". I thought my Wish List was getting smaller................

What part of CA are you from?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2004, 10:00 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought the catalog at the first SU workshop I went to a little over a year ago...and I spent HOURS pouring over it. I was sickly obsessed...and I'd make little lists on scraps of paper...and then change the little lists...ugh!
I went to one more workshop at the same demo's house...and the little lists changed yet again--and became LONGER! I finally picked up the phone and told her to sign me up as a demo. :lol: I'm my own best customer, but I love every minute of it.
Yes, this gallery rocks! My stamping has evolved so much since I found SCS last summer. I recently found some card samples from my first open house last January...oh, my! :oops: They are, um..."primitive"...and good for a giggle.
Enjoy your "new passion!" And just wait 'til Sell-A-Bration starts! You'll want them all...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 04:31 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

You are soooooo funny! :lol: :lol: Mess with me all you want girl. You just need to know that I am currently living in eastern time (Oct-Apr) so I will probably be in bed (since your pacific time) when you are on. Just know I'm not ignoring you and will catch up the next morning.

I can see this scenario occurring...."No it wasn't me sending that comment, it must of been MECHELLEY!" Oh my, we could have fun with this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 01:26 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

There are alot of Michelle's on SCS. Once Cambia got me mixed up with Michelle Wooderson and thought that I was the one who made a cute pink skater card and wanted me to send her one. She kept "hijacking" my cards... I kept saying I didn't make a pink skater card... she said I did... I said I didn't... man was that HILARIOUS!!!!!! Finally the pink skater card Michelle chimed in and solved the mystery!

Welcome to SCS -- home of the Stamper Michelle's!
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 04:38 PM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

There are a ton of Michelles on SCS. I wonder if that's why its such a nice place to be...... :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2004, 04:58 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

I only was able to spend 1.5 hours at my first workshop. The hostess was kind enough to let me borrow her catalog for the night. I spent all night and all the next morning combing through it. Originally, I was just buying stamps for my son; his OT said stamping would be good for increasing his hand strength and therefore improve his fine motor strength. However, when I got my stamps and saw how nice they were, I almost did not let him stamp with them! Now that I am a demo, I am way past how they look after you stamp with them! LOL! :lol: It will be a year, March 19th and I can still spend hours pouring through the catalog. I am sooooooooooooooooo addicted (sp?) to SU, that like my DH says that is all I want to talk about. Fair play, since lately all he wants to talk about is football!!!!! Ugh! I so wish I had invited some friends over to stamp tomorrow. I am so tired of football!
Reply With Quote Likes