Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: One day or two
one fun filled day of stampin and then we gotta go home 9 40.91%
two whole days of stampin heaven, with drinks and dinner saturday night? 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-25-2006, 10:22 AM   #81  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'M SO SORRY!! My internet went down along with my phone (they are on the same line) I am having to steal time online in between my classes!! Today was the first day I have had the chance to check splitcoast!!

I am still planning on having this, but we've got to get some more people paid up. We are in danger of losing our space if I can't pay soon. I'm still a few people short. I may have to end up cancelling this!! That will break my heart.

I will know for sure in the next week and a half/two weeks. If by that time more people haven't sent payment we have a couple of options...
1. cancel entirely
2. only do a one day stamp fest
3. change dates

Please let me know how y'all want to go with this.

Also, please be patient with me for the next week or so as I can't get online very often. This was a horrible time for my internet to go down...NEXT WEEK IS FINALS!! I'm here, and I'm still planning the event, and I will let you know as often as I can what is going on.

If you would like my cell number, please pm me and the next time I am online I will send you it. I don't want to post it on the boards, I hope y'all understand. I will try to update tomorrow around noon when I have a break in classes.

With any luck, my internet will be back up and running on Thursday night. We are switching providers as a result of all the problems we've had. It should be installed sometime Thursday.

Thanks for understanding!

Have a great day...I'm off to class!

Becky
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #82  
Watercolor Wizard

Thank goodness Becky, you are okay. I say let's do one day if you can't get many people to pay. I am planning on coming to Dallas either way, but would really like to get together to stamp.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2006, 03:37 PM   #83  
Kookie Creator

Becky,

So happy to hear that everything is ok and it was just your computer.

Can you check to see if you got my Paypal payment and registration form I sent you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-26-2006, 03:10 PM   #84  
Watercolor Wizard

BUMP

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #85  
Watercolor Wizard

Okay ladies, I just got a PM from Becky, and she really does want to have this shoebox swap, but not very many people have paid. If you really want to get together for this, please send her your money so she can pay the deposit. If you don't want to do this, that's okay. But please let her know something. Thank you in advance for taking time to respond to this message.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 11:03 AM   #86  
Mad Swapper

Happy to report that I am back online!!

I do still want to have this shindig!!

The hotel has held the room for us without a deposit, but they aren't willing to do that anymore, so it's first come first serve. We are okay if nobody else wants the room those days, but if someone does, and they beat me there with the money, we're out of luck. I'm hesitant to pay with the money from those who have paid because there will be none left to cover meals and goodies. I cannot afford to make up the difference on my own, otherwise I would.

If you still want to come, send a check.
If you don't, send an instant message or email.
If you have already paid and want to cancel, email me so I can get your money back to you.

I have finals coming up, so I won't be online all the time, but I promise to check in once a day AT LEAST.

My new email addy is: [email protected].

Have a great day everyone!!

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #87  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would still like to come. I am not sure what to do since my check and SASSY CARD that I sent you seem to have gone to MARS. I would like to hold out a little longer and see if it is going to make for one or two days before I send yet another CHECK and have to put a stop payment on the first one.

Please let me know if this is unacceptable, and I will make my final decision.

READ again what you said about wanting the money if we were going to do it. When do you think you will make a decision on to do this or not to do this????

Last edited by SellsBskts; 04-27-2006 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Becky,
When do you think you will make a decision on this?

I am one of those PLANNERS! Planning out my summer has started. Just curious when you will know if you have enough people to make a go of this or if you are going to try for later in the summer or something! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #89  
Compulsive Stamper

bump, and I vote go down to one day before cancelling altogether! please please please ya'll get your payments in and tell a stampin friend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2006, 07:37 AM   #90  
Mad Swapper

I am going down to the hotel Tuesday to see what can be worked out. As it stands today, May 15 is the absolute deadline. If I only have 10 people paid, I will pm them directly to ask what they would like to do.

If we get more people that would be wonderful, but with just 10 people, 2 days isn't going to be feasible. We can still do one day, though.

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!
I probably am not going to be posting anymore today, I have finals this week, and have two final projects to complete. If you have anymore questions or comments, pm me and I will answer you within a day or so. Please be patient with me this week. Finals are the pits!!

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #91  
Compulsive Stamper

I AM SO SORRY that I have not responded before now. I so wanted to make this, but I just don't think I am going to. I see that my name was still on the maybe list. Please forgive me for not letting you know sooner, it has been crazy around here. I am really bummed out about having to miss.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2006, 06:36 AM   #92  
Mad Swapper

I'll go ahead and take your name off the list. *sniff* I'm sorry you won't be able to join us.

I'll be getting together with the lady from the hotel today, to see what we can get arranged. I'll let everyone know tonight how it went.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2006, 12:12 PM   #93  
Watercolor Wizard

Becky, how did your meeting with the lady from the hotel go? Anything new.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #94  
Mad Swapper

so far so good with the room. The woman at the hotel said that no one has requested it for those days, so we are still good.

I suggest we drop down to one day. I'll give everyone until May 20 to decide what they want to do. On May 20, I will write refund checks. AFter my finals are over, I will crunch the numbers and see what the cost will be for 10 ish people. Finals are all this week and next. If we can still get some more people signed up, that'd be great. If not, I am happy to do it for 10 people, it'll still be fun!

I'm off to study!! I probably won't be on splitcoast again for tonight and possibly tomorrow day, but I'll be back tomorrow night. My next final is my toughest, so I've really gotta hit the books tonight and tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Becky

eta: I have to crunch numbers because although the price of the room is half, I have to get different prices on the meals and goodies and such. If we drop down to one day, I will write checks to everyone for the difference between the new total and the 35 you paid.

I hope I'm making sense...I think all these tests have turned my brain to mush!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2006, 02:26 PM   #95  
Sawyer's Texas LOSTie

I'll be sending you my payment tomorrow. Sorry I haven't mailed it yet. I could have brought it to you a million times by now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2006, 03:32 AM   #96  
Stazon Splitcoast

Becky, I am assuming my card with payment is still lost in UPS somewhere...once you decided which day & how much, I will write you a new check & I guess we should meet in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2006, 06:57 AM   #97  
Watercolor Wizard

Becky, I PM'd you. Sorry, I am going to have to cancel. I won't be able to make it.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2006, 04:12 AM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am still trying to make some plans. What is the word on this???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2006, 05:55 AM   #99  
Mad Swapper

well, ladies, we've had several people cancel. I'm still willing, if the rest of y'all still want to come. Finals are nearly over for me, so by the end of the week, I'll have some totals for everyone. For those of you that have cancelled, on the 20th I'm writing the checks so I can just do it all at once and keep it organized.

Here is what I was thinking...since we are down so many, I am trying to find a smaller room for us. One day. Instead of catering, which is outrageously expensive for just 10 or less people, after we do our stamping, how does a bbq at my house sound to everyone? The cost will be much less, and everyone can get comfy and relax a bit.

That is entirely up to you guys. Let me know what you think. I probably won't be around much the next day or two while I'm finishing up my exams. Thanks for being patient everyone.

Have a great Tuesday!!

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2006, 07:29 AM   #100  
Compulsive Stamper

I'm still up for it- would it be all day Saturday or Sunday? I know probably Saturday, but just checking...cookout at your house sounds good too
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #101  
Mad Swapper

I was thinking saturday, so those that have to travel far won't be traveling late sunday evening...
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 05:23 AM   #102  
Stazon Splitcoast

Becky, Since nothing firm has been set up, I am asking you to move me to just a MAYBE list. I can't leave two dates with question marks for my customers or for my kids. If something comes up and you still don't have anything firmed up, then I am going to do it. I hate to do it that way, but with nothing firmed up, I need to open up the dates for bookings for shows.
Or let me kids do something they want to do on those days.
I will keep checking the thread, and hope things work out that I can attend. If my check from Mars ever shows up let me know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #103  
Gallery Gazer

Becky:

Some time ago I'd emailed you about taking my name off the list since I just couldn't swing the 35.00 with all the other things going on this time of year. I just saw that you didn't.....but if it's going to be less I'd love to come. I'm still not entirely sure what kinds of things to do for a shoe box swap since I've never done one...but could handle doing something for 10 or so much easier than I could for 50. I'll keep an eye on this and see what ends up happening with it. Again I'm 5 minutes from Killeen, and would be willing to help with anything that I can. If a BBQ is done I'd be glad to bring some side dishes etc. I'd love to meet some demos near me.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #104  
Mad Swapper

I'm still working on finding a "good" spot. We could still do the hotel, but for just 7 of us now...that's a bit much to spend, I thought. I'm trying to get the total cost under $20, I'll keep y'all updated. I haven't forgotten. I'm just trying to adjust as our numbers dwindle. I have a room lined up at the store where I give my classes, but I also have another room lined up that should be better. I'm haggling on the price for that one. I should have a price by tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for being patient everyone.

Those of you who have paid but have had to cancel, I will still be writing checks on the 20th. Thanks for being so patient.

Have a great Monday night.

Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2006, 12:52 PM   #105  
Mad Swapper

Pattyr724 and I need to cancel. Things have come up here and we won't be able to attend.

I pay'd via paypal - you may be able to cancel the transaction and Patty paid by check. So sorry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #106  
Cardstock Collector

Default Won't be able to make it.

Sorry I have to back out for the weekend of June 10th. Too much going on in my house to get away.

Pattyr724
[email protected]
[email protected]

True grit = girl raised in Texas
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-24-2006, 04:44 PM   #107  
Mad Swapper

Well, Ladies, I have sent the first round of refund checks out. We are down to very low numbers now, so I guess I'm just gonna have to cancel this shindig. Maybe we can try to get something going later. I had to put a deposit down on the room to hold it, but the numbers got so low, it just became not worth the cost. I will be recieving a refund check soon, and as soon as I get it, I will be sending out the rest of the refunds. I will let everyone know when they are postal. I'm so sorry this didn't go well. I had great hopes for this.

Please, it would help me a great deal if everyone would pm me their addresses, several people failed to send me a registration form, so I just want to make sure I get the right names with the right addresses. thanks so much everyone.

Perhaps for those of you who live here in town, we can get together one evening or something.

Thanks again.
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes