Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-29-2005, 12:43 PM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Currently living overseas, but will be back in Muskegon on Jan 5th!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2006, 06:38 AM   #42  
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Hello

I am from Mason, just south of Lansing.

Marian
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

Commerce Township - Kind of in the middle between the East side (Warren & St Clair Shores) and Howell and out to Lansing. Did that make sense? Would also love to meet some of you talented ladies.

It's official...I'm a stamping addict (second only to my "being a grandma" addiction)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2006, 09:11 PM   #44  
Matboard Maniac

I'm from Michigan...:rolleyes:
Formerly from Newberry, Michigan now from Paris, Michigan and actually have lived in quite a few other cities in MI. (dad was a schoolteacher who liked to go where the job paid better).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2006, 07:13 PM   #45  
Compulsive Stamper

Hello! I live in Eben and work in Marquette. Wow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 05:56 PM   #46  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi again all of you Michigan stampers!!! I am getting the itch for another shoebox swap & gathering. The last one I had was at the mall in Monroe, MI. It was a Sunday and we had their community room from 11 a.m till 6 p.m. for $50. I think that was reasonable and would definately do it again there. Bathrooms in the back of the room, microwave and fridge/kitchen all right there. I am thinking about the end of February/early March for another meeting, what does everyone else feel about this? Of course we have to remember that winter will have an effect on this, but hopefully that day will be good enough for travel. I have to reserve the room beforehand, but not pay the $50 till the week of the event. I know several of my stamping friends will come no matter what---yeah, it may take them twice as long to get there as usual, but they will come..... and if the weather guys say that "this" weekend is predicting a real big snow storm we can move it till the next weekend.
Anyway, what does everyone think???

I had so much fun at my last gathering and want to do it again real soon!! So far this Michigan winter has been very mild, can we hope that it will continue?
Thanks for any responses/suggestions you can give.... Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-16-2006, 02:24 PM   #47  
Kookie Creator

Keep me posted!! I would like to be able to come this time.

Dani

That's my baby Isabelle Grace 6/30/04
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #48  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Dani, nice to hear from you again! I'll keep everyone posted when a date is starting to take shape. Stamped hugs, Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2006, 11:25 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in Davison. I know a few more in the Flint and Grand Blanc areas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #50  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi all! We have a reserved date for our next swap! It will be Sunday, February 26th. 11 a.m. to 5:30.

The community room at my local mall is a great place for this, it’s where I had the last shoebox swap. Lots of space & tables. There is a kitchen with a fridge, stove and microwave. Bathrooms are connected, no running to the other side of the mall. The cost to rent this room is $50. If ten ladies attend, each would pay $5. If more attend, the cost goes down.

Each person is to bring a small snack to share, nothing elaborate, chips, cookies, etc…..

My friend Sue is arranging this gathering with me and will be giving away some Stampin’ Up! Merchandise as door prizes. She will be taking orders that day if anyone is interested. Remember the Sell-A-Bration sale ends on Feb. 28th. This will be your last chance to get a free set of SAB stamps! (order total must be over $50, check out the details at www.stampinup.com. )

I have included the details about a shoebox swap below for those who have never attended one. It is such fun to see all the neat projects, and to meet some new stampers!
If your project is a card the only requirement is that it has more than one layer on it. Any project is fair game here. The last project I brought to a shoebox swap was notebook covers. My friend Jill brought stamped candles. I have done decorated paint cans, small boxes, purses, and of course LOTS of cool cards at previous swaps.

Please e-mail me and let me know if you can come. The more the merrier! If you are bringing more than one project, I need to know this ahead of time so everyone has an accurate number of projects to bring. I will need a final number of ladies attending and number of projects by Feb. 19th. This will give everyone one week to finalize your projects.

I can’t wait to meet some of my stamping neighbors from Ohio and Michigan that I have been talking with on the computer for so long! Please e-mail me with any questions/suggestions you may have, I will answer them as soon as I can. Hope to see you in February!!! Dawn Murphy [email protected]

How a Shoe Box Party works:

Everyone comes up with a project to share and all the supplies to make that project. It could be as simple as a card, or as involved as a stamped beaded pen! Anything goes!! You just bring one completed sample, along with printed detailed instructions *only for really intricate projects* on how to make it as well as a shoebox with ALL the supplies necessary for each person to complete one! (You are welcome to use any item brand or stamp company that you like in your shoebox!) Try to make your item fairly simple to make.
For example, if it is an embossed card, you would supply the paper, embossing ink, embossing powder, embossing gun, EVERYTHING!!! Whatever you choose, you must bring everything to make it -- paper punches, ink pads, markers, eyelets with setter tool, rubber stamps, glitter, ribbon, BABY WIPES AND STAMP SCRUBBERS, I mean EVERYTHING!!!
Please precut ALL the pieces so that they are ready to be stamped or assembled. It is also helpful if you pre-score pieces to keep things moving along. *Optional---put all the paper pieces in a zip lock bag to keep them from getting soiled by anything else in the box! ONLY put in the box the exact items needed to complete a duplicate of your sample. This cuts down on the time to complete the projects since there is no "thinking" to do or choices to be made!
On the day of the party, everyone brings their shoebox along, and between gabbing, eating, etc, the boxes will be stationed around the room and each person makes one of each project!
It is a lot of fun and everyone leaves with a bunch of new ideas!! You will NOT be demonstrating your project unless it is difficult-so be sure that you include detailed instructions *if needed* that are clear and easy to understand!!
Everyone needs to bring enough supplies for all attending to make their project. It's always nice to throw in some extras in case someone makes a boo-boo. I will have the final number of projects to bring on Feb. 19th.

***EACH PERSON MUST BRING THEIR OWN ADHESIVE, SCISSORS, RULER, AND PEN, CLEARLY MARKED WITH YOUR NAME OR INITIALS*** You will take these to each station to complete the projects. The last shoe box swap I attended I ran out of mono-adhesive, so glad I had brought a refill! If your project requires extra strong adhesive, you must supply it, some of us only have mono adhesive or glue-sticks.
I will bring my cutter, but we shouldn't need it because everything is cut ahead of time.

If you would PM or e-mail me with what dish you'd like to pass I can start a list.

1. Dawn Murphy- 1 project, chili-cheese dip.

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Here's the thread link: Monroe, Mi Shoebox Swap!

Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2006, 03:15 PM   #52  
SCS BRAK Coordinator

I'm in Lansing...see several folks here. And I'm bummed - that weekend is the only weekend in February that I'll be out of town. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2006, 03:28 PM   #53  
Kookie Creator

Raised in the U.P. eh! Live in Lansing now. Welcome
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #54  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess & DSS Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Next time, can we plan on doing it on a Saturday? I went to the one in September and had a good time. Sundays don't work for me.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 AM   #55  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm in the thumb area, up in Huron County. Nobody stops to see you on their way to someplace because it is not on the way to anywhere!!
Just Us Girls Challenge DT
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #56  
Mad Swapper

Been wondering how many other Michiganders where on SCS! Bummed that I missed all the fun stuff... Maybe next time.

I live in Allendale, just west of Grand Rapids and home of the Grand Valley Lakers.

Got my sister in Saginaw hooked on Stamping too! We travel back and forth just to stamp together. Anyone know of some good stamping places in Saginaw? She claims there is nothing there and would love a place for us to hit on our next get together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

hi i live in Beverly Hills,
nice to see somebody is here from Rochester (many germans live there) pontiac sounds familiar to mee too.....

claudia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2006, 05:12 PM   #58  
Mad Swapper

I'm in Texas but my DH's entire family is from all over Michigan. We travel there at least once a year (usually to escape the Texas heat) and visit Mt. Pleasant, Big Rapids, Charlevoix, I could go on. It is a beautiful state and I am lucky to get to visit there as often as I do. I wish we could see the snow more often, but with two kids its more expensive to travel as often as we did when we where without kiddos.

Jeanette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #59  
Insane Embellisher

Wink

I'm in Constantine Mich. I would love to join one of your get together some time. I would like to join a full card swap from all of the Michigan stampers. I love to get full card swaps then I will donate them to teachers. Glad to see every one in Michigan..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2006, 05:28 AM   #60  
Matboard Maniac

I'm from algonac in the bottom of the thumb area on the water.

GLITTER QUEEN
I WILL USE GLITTER IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #61  
Matboard Maniac

Hi, I am from Center Line, which is in the middle of warren. love to get together and do a swap sometime. Monroe is THAT far from me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 12:13 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Are any of you going to Auntie Amy's convention in Grand Rapids April 29th or 30th ?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 05:28 PM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Yes I am!! Have my ticket already. My sister from Saginaw is staying at my house and we are having a stamping weekend!! I'm having a ladies night Friday to stamp from about 6 pm until we fall face first into our glitter! :p

Then off to the convention at 9:30 am Saturday, go home and stamp again until we nod off into our stamp pads. Sunday to the early service at church and back to the convention again!

Thankfully, I am only 20-25 mins from the Delta Plex. Actually used to live 1 mile from there about 8 years ago. If you need any resturant info, PM me as I work in Walker. I was born and raised in that area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Barbara your weekend sounds as busy as mine will be, but so much fun! On Saturday I am leaving the convention about noon to go to the bead show on Plainfield. Sunday I am working the Shadow Box booth part of the day so stop by and say Hi...... I will have a name tag on and I know they are bringing tons of cool things and doing make and takes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #65  
Mad Swapper

Bead show?? What Bead Show? Just gotta know! Please...

I will make sure I stop by. And if you have time, stop by "Pages in Time". My favorite one is in Jenison, but their Plainfield store is awesome too. P in T is located at the very end of Plainfield (east) about a block before Plainfield ends at the East Beltline. If you are headed east, it will be on your right side. They don't do stamps (but, hey, that's what the convention is for!) but the do have every embelishment, sticker, tool etc known to man! And the best paper assortment in town! IMHO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 06:28 PM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh wow, hope we have time to stop at Pages. I am a patterned paper addict I think. The bead show is sponsored by Rings and Things. You have to have a tax I.D. # since it is a wholesale show. And you have to go to their website and request an invite by registering, then print the email they send you. The show is from 12-4 at the Grand Inn, 3221 Plainfield. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 06:30 PM   #67  
Mad Swapper

Thanks! Somehow I don't think I can use my husband's tool & die tax id to get access though... ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #68  
Stazon Splitcoast

well you never know, check out their site and see if they get specific. All you need to get in is the email reply. And I have a tax I.D that my friends are going to use, they will just pay me and I will check out. Let me know, am off to bed now, darn ole Monday is right around the corner calling my name,lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2006, 02:31 AM   #69  
Stampin' Fool

OK silly question How do you do that anyway ?? just curious I see that at alot of places like @ Sams club ?? Getting a Tax ID # and what does it all mean > Having a tax number that is ? Thanks girls
also any Idea if this cost and how much? Does it go by the state you live in ? so many questions early this morning ..
TIA
xo
Dawn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #70  
Cardstock Collector

Talking Allen Park

I live in Allen Park, Michigan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2006, 05:16 PM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn5377
OK silly question How do you do that anyway ?? just curious I see that at alot of places like @ Sams club ?? Getting a Tax ID # and what does it all mean > Having a tax number that is ? Thanks girls
also any Idea if this cost and how much? Does it go by the state you live in ? so many questions early this morning ..
TIA
xo
Dawn
Hi Dawn, We have a tax I.D. # because my hubby has a small home business. Certain items we buy at Sam's Club are tax exempt if it relates to our business. That is about all I know about it. Hope this helps a tiny, teeny bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-10-2006, 07:58 PM   #72  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Michigan Stampers

I'm in Chesterfield, Michigan almost in the web between your thumb and forefinger LOL

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2006, 06:01 AM   #73  
PAPER SCAPER

I'm in Shelby Twp. the one that always gets confused with Shelby on the other side of the state. I'm not far from the poster above me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-11-2006, 06:21 AM   #74  
Gabfest Goddess

Another Michigander here.....Midland to be exact. Anyone from around this area?

My Photography Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #75  
Crimping Master

Hi I'm Lori from Essexville Michigan.........right by Bay City......
been addicted to stamping for 8 years now...

would love to meet you all........

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #76  
Embossing Fanatic

I'm in Lincoln Park Mi. Going up to St Ignace next week for the classic car show.

Sassygirl159
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2006, 03:36 PM   #77  
Embossing Fanatic

I am visiting the Detroit, Michigan in 2 weeks. DH wants to visit your new baseball stadium. I decided if I was going I had to see some new STAMP STORES!
Could any of you please tell where I can find some wonderful stores?
Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 01:46 PM   #78  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Stores

Sticker Store and More Southgate
Stampin and Scrapin Livonia
Stamp Peddler Northville

There's also stores in Royal Oak,Berkley,Clinton Twp,Roseville etc.

Depends on where you are staying. Check out the yellow pages.

Judy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #79  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks so much Judy!
We're staying in Northville. I'll check out the yellow pages when I get there too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-15-2006, 03:16 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisstamper
Thanks so much Judy!
We're staying in Northville. I'll check out the yellow pages when I get there too!
Oh you'll love the Stamp Peddler in Northville!

Friends are like the walls of a house. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes you lean on them. But sometimes, it's enough to know they're just standing by.
Reply With Quote Likes