Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-18-2005, 11:18 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile LOST in PHOENIX.....

Well, my DH had a great job offer in Phoenix, so we up and moved our 3 kids from Salt Lake City to Phoenix. I am by no means a great stamper, just starting out, buy would like to take classes, shop, go to conventions, etc. Anybody in Phoenix know of any of these? I am in North Phonix, as I am told it is a HUGE city, have not ventured too far yet. Just looking for some outs from the house since we did not know a single person in Phoenix when we came here. Thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 05:09 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

When ever I moved which used to be every two years. The first thing I would do is go through the yellow pages and find every craft, fabric store, etc. Then I would mark them all on a map, and hit the road. Now that maps can can be printed off the computer and Yellow pages on the internet it couln't be easier. When you get to your destination ask people in the store where other locations are that fit your interests. I found the people in the Phoenix area very friendly and helpful. I lived in Mesa for a few years. Have a great time exploring!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 05:37 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

There is a really great one in Old Town Scottsdale...sorry can't remember the name. There are several all over Phoenix and surrounding areas. Keep looking and have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 06:41 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I am a big fan of "Welcome Wagon" they should get in touch with you but if not get in touch with them. Usually there are a lot of women just like you who have relocated because of a job and need to make some contacts. Go to a few of their events and I bet you will find someone who loves to stamp too.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 06:46 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Sassalynne I sent you a PM. The Phoenix area is quite large and spread out so it helps to zero in a little more on where you are.

I know many SU demos in all parts of the Valley and could put you in touch if I knew better where you are. The store in downtown Scottsdale is Frenzy Stamper (www.frenzystamper.com) and they do offer classes and have a great selection of products. There are also a few Recollections stores around the Valley now and I love them.

My gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 10:22 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

Welcome to the Valley of the Sun! There are a lot of valley stampers here on SCS. I am down in the East Valley in Gilbert so all the stores I know about would be a bit far until you start to know your way around.

The Glendale convention is next Saturday. That might be worth finding your way to. Then there are two conventions a year in Mesa. I just heard a rumor that there maybe a third Mesa convention in the works. These and the many stores we have make this a great area for stampers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-19-2005, 11:11 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome to Phoenix! I live in Ahwatukee, which is in the southwest part of the city...so unfortunately I cannot help you either. I just wanted to let you know that Phoenix is a great city. Even though we are large, there are so many terrific, friendly people here. Many have relocated from other states...and we all understand what it feels like to me new here. Hang in there, and stay cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 12:27 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

OOOOOhhhh, I'm coming to Phoenix/Scottsdate the first week of July for vacation! I'm sure we will hit Old Town Scottsdale and I've printed the map and store info. Thanks girls!!! Something to do besides the BIG HOLE in the ground that we're coming to see.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 02:55 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Welcome to Phoenix! I'm out in Goodyear...VERY West and VERY South...on your way to Los Angeles. I haven't been out to North Phoenix for many years so I don't really know where the good stores are, but have fun shopping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I'm on the Tempe/Phoenix border, the stores I know of are in Mesa area. There is one called Wholesale Crafts that is in Phx on Clarendon Ave if that is close to you or Scrap Therapy in Goodyear, not sure if those are close to you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 07:28 AM   #11  
Kookie Creator

Hi there I'm in North Phoenix (sort of!) too... but probably further north than you. I'll pm you - maybe we can get together and stamp sometime... I grew up here, so if you have ANY questions about where to eat, stamp, shop, whatever, just let me know

Laura

My attempt at a blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2005, 09:58 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Welcome to Phoenix! I live in the north valley too - around Union Hills and 7th Ave. There are some really good scrapbook stores in the north Valley but not many stamp stores. I have a WONDERFUL demo who lives in the north west valley. PM me if you would like her name and phone number. She's very active and has many stamp camps, classes, etc. She also provides great service - I usually get my SU orders within 5 days of putting in my order.

As for stamp/scrapbook stores, I would recommend Creative Quest (stamps) -around 59th Ave. and Glendale, and Scrappin' Sisters (a few stamps, mostly scrapbook paper and embellishments), 59th Ave. and Union Hills. There is also a Recollections store at Arrowhead Mall - 75th Ave. and Bell Road. Scrappin' Sisters has some great classes and the owners are very nice.

Again, send me a PM if you would like my demo's name.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2005, 12:16 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks for all the great information, anything will help. Since we are finally settled in, I am going to make my husband commit to watching the kids so I can get out, and hopefully take a few classes to learn how to use all of this stuff I have bought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #14  
Cardstock Collector

Talking I'm in Phoenix too

Hi there,

I too live in north Phx. I also have 3 children. If you want to get in touch with me, you can email me at [email protected]. I'll help ya out however I can.

Heather

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Hey, you Phoenix/Scottsdale stampers, definitely check out Frenzy Stamper in Old Town Scottsdale, (actually in the 5th avenue shopping area), as recommended by joystamp4 earlier in this thread. I visited there last week while our family was on vacation. A beautiful store, and the owner could not have been nicer. She is a talented artist herself, and created most of the samples displayed in the store. You will not be sorry, she has all kinds of stamps, inks and embellishments, and a nice area for classes. Tell her the visitor from New Jersey sent you. Thanks so much, joystamp4.

p.s. The area is under construction, so check joystamp4's link to the store, you will get directions and info.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 AM   #16  
Insane Embellisher

Default Phoenix

I know there is a cute stamp store in dowtown Gilbert on Gilbert Ave. I visited there last time in Phoenix...I live in Tucson. Enjoy the desert! You will come to love it.
Reply With Quote Likes