Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2023, 12:54 PM   #1  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old stamp pads and reinkers

I have been stamping for about 15-20 years. I have alot of old stamp pads and reinkers. Right now I have them “organized” in ziploc bags by main color: reds (for reds/oranges/pinks), blues, greens, etc. I tend to be frugal in organizing but if I find a better way I don’t have a problem spending the money unless it is alot. What do others do?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2023, 12:07 PM   #2  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 506 Likes on 282 Posts

I hit the jackpot for my Stampin Up newer pads storage. I found a rotating commercial watchband display case at an antique mall. Made an offer for less than the asking price, and got it. It's kind of a big thing, but it sits on top of another unit and as I said, it rotates, and it is clear acrylic, so everything is visible. I'm very pleased with the find. My older SU pads are in an old cassette case DH mounted on the wall for me, after I turned it into a shelving unit by gluing matboard shelves into the slots. (I'm big on repurposing) I have seen nice units DIYed from foam board online.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2023, 05:48 PM   #3  
PMR
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 637 Likes on 447 Posts

I invested in a stamp n storage stamp holder, well two of them. They sit on my craft desk, which is really a craft counter.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2023, 11:35 PM   #4  
Glitter Queen

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also invested in a StampNStorage unit, had it customized to fit my space, love the grab and go and return to help me stay organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2023, 05:50 AM   #5  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 525 Likes on 237 Posts

I don't have a "full set" of SU inks in my craft room, but I do have a good variety. I have found that SU pads fit very nicely into those 3-drawer Sterilite storage drawer units. I store mine by colors in them. You can comfortably fit 12 pads in each drawer if they are the smaller size that has 8-1/2 x 11 drawers. The larger 12 x 12 drawer unit would hold more, but might be more awkward. My refills are in a box in a different place. I don't need them every day so they can be stored elsewhere.
I've attached a picture...it's really old and outdated but will give you an idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Old stamp pads and reinkers-ink-drawer.jpg  
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 4 users liked this post by fionna51:
antiquestamper (07-19-2023), craftymomto2 (06-28-2023), janesprando (06-28-2023), TexasGrammy (06-28-2023)
Old 06-27-2023, 11:28 AM   #6  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the sterlite idea. I have to see if it will fit underneath my table. Thanks for everyone who answered. Now I have another question for DSP. I will do that in a separate thread.

StampinOtter
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2023, 05:04 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 260 Likes on 141 Posts

Like Diane, I also keep mine in drawers, But mine are in a chest. I have all 3 sizes of SU ink pads that have been made over the years. I keep one color family in each drawer. The chest is right next to my work table. Also, as Diane, my reinkers are in a different drawer. Years ago I settled on one brand of dye ink pad and one brand of pigment ink pads. I do have a small amount of permanent inks for those projects that need such (tiles/dominos, watercoloring, etc.) in another separate drawer.
Attached Thumbnails
Old stamp pads and reinkers-ink-pad-storage.jpg   Old stamp pads and reinkers-reinker-storage.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2023, 08:54 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

All my stamp pads are SU, with a very few others (Stazon, Momemto,Color Box, Tim Holtz Distress). I have 3 ink pad storage units from stamp & storage. They are mounted on the wall directly above my work table. I have all the SU colors sorted alphabetically, old & new. Then the empty spaces I use to organize the other brands I have. It works well for me. I like having them at my fingertips. I would advocate the ink pad holders from stamp & storage are well worth the investment.
Mary ~~ QFTD #152, FS#514CC Guest Design Team 2012, 2013, 2017 & 2022 2014 CAS Spring Design Team Member SC Guest Design Team 2015 & 2022 SU Consultant "Life's greatest adventure is finding your place in the Circle of Life" - Lion King
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by octoberbabe:
Inky Paws (05-21-2024), psychspa (06-29-2023)
Old 06-29-2023, 10:20 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought an Storage Art Cart with 12 drawers. I divided drawers by main colors and all ink pads, re-inkers, go in there. I have my Ranger alcohol inks in another drawer, glitters etc. Really takes care of all my mediums. If i can't fit more in a drawer - that means I have enough & should not buy more, LOL. Did cost about $50-60 but so worth it. The top is sturdy enough that i keep my Big Shot and other things on top. Can even add hanging caddies from sides for pencils, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes