Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:41 AM   #41  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrambeckyView Post
Since our four pets - 2 dogs and 2 cats - are our constant companions,, they follow me everywhere. So when I get ready to craft in the evenings, I make sure they are well fed first. This is what they do!
Oh yes...Nappy time! I like the little guy over there to the left. He doesn't have a care in the world. Soooo cute!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonpie11View Post
A friend gave me a plant for a housewarming gift. Knowing that I have a bad kitty, I put the plant by my bed to keep an eye on it overnight and *safe* from kitty. Left unguarded the next morning for just a few minutes... and this is what the *Bad Kitty* did! Needless to say, he ran to hide and has never confessed. LOL He later plead "Not Guilty." Had to snap the photo for "exibit A" for his upcoming trial. LOL Yes, that would be the alleged perpetrator over there to the left for my avatar photo. This bad boy actually *Likes* the squirt bottle that is labeled: *Bad Kitty* and thinks we're playing a game when he gets squirted with water! LOL
Oh No!! Your kitty must be buddies with my kitten! We have moved the plant from the kitchen to our master bathroom and I keep finding him in there digging the dirt all over the place!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #43  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have been pretty lucky that as long as I don't leave stuff all over my table, they tend to leave it alone. Mine seem to like to bat stuff around more than pulling stuff out. I do have the SU ribbon holder that had me a little worried when Maynard Mayhem came to live with us 2 months ago but he doesn't even touch it. He prefers plastic and paper! Usually he curls up in my lap which is saying a lot for a 5 month old kitten.

Sadly it seems to be a guessing game as to what they will go after next. I usually keep an empty SU box around and a few toys so they can redirect their attention. I think my babies just want my attention, so they start acting badly!

One of my cats thinks the stampin scrub is a bed because it is really furry lately"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 10:55 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

I got a kitty for Christmas. Well, a toy kitty anyway. My mom ordered it online. It is a Purfect Pet. (Don't know the website she got it from.) It is a Siamese!!! I was laughing so hard when I opened it. It comes with a carrier, brush, and "pillow" (basically a flat piece of material). When you put batteries in it, you can see it breathing. It doesn't purr (those cost more), but when it is quiet in the craft room, I can hear the breathing motor running and it kind of sounds like purring.

My mom got the basket seperate. As you can see though, the cat is in the middle of my craft space already. LOL!!!

Trish
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-img_2390smaller.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:33 AM   #45  
Glitter Queen

I used to use a cup of water to put my paintbrushes in when I was done. My Corgi, Taffy, has this bad habit now of wanting to investigate my studio table if I leave for a minute (going to get a drink of water, bathroom break...). She's actually quite good about not knocking things over but I found her drinking paint water one day. Ick!!! Now I use a wet wipe to wipe the excess off the brush and then put the brush aside. When I'm at the end of the day I grab all the brushes and wash them all at once. Other than that I just make sure everything is put away at the end of the day and my chair is pushed ALL the way in so she can't get onto the table at night and call it good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 11:53 AM   #46  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by mouseprintsView Post
I got a kitty for Christmas. Well, a toy kitty anyway. My mom ordered it online. It is a Purfect Pet. (Don't know the website she got it from.) It is a Siamese!!! I was laughing so hard when I opened it. It comes with a carrier, brush, and "pillow" (basically a flat piece of material). When you put batteries in it, you can see it breathing. It doesn't purr (those cost more), but when it is quiet in the craft room, I can hear the breathing motor running and it kind of sounds like purring.

My mom got the basket seperate. As you can see though, the cat is in the middle of my craft space already. LOL!!!

Trish
That is my kind of cat. Funny.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 01:04 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 347 Likes on 135 Posts

My two kitties are surprisingly good at staying out of my craft stuff. However at one time we had problems with a neighbour's cat invading the house via the cat door, my craft room is the closest to the cat door and some unknown miscreant SPRAYED on my Stamp Store tote:mad:. It took me forever to get the smell out of it, and ever since then I've used the door method very successfully.

Both kitties like to make periodic (supervised) visits and thoroughly check the room over, just to make sure no mice have got in! The garage (aka DH's man cave) gets the same treatment.

B'Elanna loves it when I get a Stampin Up order. She can't wait for me to remove my toys because all boxes are hers.

(and yes, the photo is slightly blurry because I didn't want to use flash)
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-20101020l_dscf0698.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2010, 08:24 PM   #48  
Polyshrink Goddess

I keep the door closed all the time too because I'm allergic to cats and need a couple of rooms free of their fur. I've had a post-it note on the door for years reminding everyone to not let the cats in my room. I forget that the cats can't read and they sometimes peek in the door.
I like keeping the door closed too because it helps keep my teenagers out of my supplies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 03:48 AM   #49  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoptownracer1View Post
How do you store your supplies to keep them "critter safe"? Would love to hear any suggestions or ideas.
Perhaps you could try to store your supplies 'in' something: In a drawer. In a filing cabinet. In a repurposed cd tower. In a knitting basket. In a glass jar. In Jet Max cubes. The theory is they don't have thumbs and "they" can't get in.

Here's a photo of Baby Princess 'in' a cat cuddle house thing lol:
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-baby-princess-tail.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:03 AM   #50  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two cats, oddly they have never jumped on the work table, even with ribbon hanging down. until last year, they had never gotten up on the kitchen counter, but now Purl is constantly up there ARRRG! Purl will jump on my desk chair and curl up the second I stand up. Oreo sleeps under the work bench, mostly to stay away from the dog. the dog only comes upstairs once in a while and if there is something on the floor she might snack on it. so I have never thought about keeping things closed up. Now that I have read this thread I will no doubt start finding clues to the kitties on my workspace.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2011, 04:39 PM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

I, surprisingly, do not have an issue with my pets. My cats pretty much stick to their bed and my chair (when I am not in it).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #52  
Kookie Creator

I am loving this thread. We are owned by 3 cats. One cat doesn't bother my supplies in the least. He'd rather lick the mini-blinds. :lol:My space is in the living room so a closed door isn't an option...would work anyway since the other two would try to scratch their way thru to get to me. ALL ribbon has to be enclosed because one cat tries to eat it. No place is too high. They have a way to the top of my hutch and can touch the ceiling from up there. I keep a bin of frequently used supplies on a shelf on the hutch. When I take it down to use it, one of the kitties will usually jump up there to nap. We just had our Persian shaved and he's now taken to laying in from of my Cricut. I think it's because a light shines there and it's warm. Here's a pic - yes, he looks funny shaved but his fur feels like velvet. The mini-blind licking cat like to supervise when I take pics of my projects.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-img00098-20110101-2126.jpg   Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-100_1607.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #53  
Glitter Guru

Received 870 Likes on 518 Posts

Oh, they are adorable!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #54  
Kookie Creator

Thanks. I forgot to mention Darius (shaved, Persian in the first pic) likes to play with the skinny strip you cut off a 12 x 12 paper (you know the part that has the manufacturer's name & paper line). He'll steal them out of the trash.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #55  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Love the pictures! Our old kitty who lived to be 18 didn't bother with my stuff but our 7 month old new male tabby will occasionally jump up on my work area to see what I'm doing. He loves the packing paper from SU, so we let him play with it in the living room.

I've always kept stuff put away, ribbon in boxes, Sterlite drawer units for everything else, paper on upper shelves, etc. I open and close stamp pads right away and keep the area picked up when I'm not there. I can't work in a mess, my brain goes numb!

Last edited by Cartermrc; 01-10-2011 at 09:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #56  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Furry Helper!

This is too funny!! I loved reading everyone's animal adventures. I turned our extra bedroom into my stampin room. We have Ginger a 98 pound Golden Retriever who used to lay on the bed and watch me. NOW she curls herself up under my chair when I'm stampin. I got a chair cover because I thought she'd be afraid of it - NOT! She's been glittered, had a piece of sticky strip dropped on her, had ribbon snibbles in her hair, of course been stepped on a few times, but she just loves to help me! She is afraid of the heat tool - but as soon as I turn if off she's back. :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

The common theme throughout this thread .... our pets are clearly in charge of our stamping rooms, our homes, and our lives! And my DH and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! Our little Bailey is the light of our lives! She loves laying in her little bed when I'm in my room and I love having her with me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #58  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasha728View Post
He'd rather lick the mini-blinds. :lol:... since the other two would try to scratch their way thru to get to me.... just had our Persian shaved and he's now taken to laying in from of my Cricut. I think it's because a light shines there and it's warm. ....The mini-blind licking cat like to supervise when I take pics of my projects.
Wheeee! Sounds like good, clean, fun at your house!! The funniest is the mini-blind licking, supervisor cat, and the sweetest is the beautiful, shaved kat. My cats would also be yeowling (is that a word:?) Goes like this: 'EEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLL with an accent on the 'eeeeeooooooo part.'' Both of those cats look equally beautiful and thanks for sharing their cuteness!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 04:18 AM   #59  
Pearl-ExPert

I love this thread. I do not currently own any pets so I have nothing to share with you but this thread makes me smile. Thanks for sharing your pet stories and photos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-23-2011, 06:26 PM   #60  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirolivesView Post
Wheeee! Sounds like good, clean, fun at your house!! The funniest is the mini-blind licking, supervisor cat, and the sweetest is the beautiful, shaved kat. My cats would also be yeowling (is that a word:?) Goes like this: 'EEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWLLLLLL with an accent on the 'eeeeeooooooo part.'' Both of those cats look equally beautiful and thanks for sharing their cuteness!
That "sweet" cat (the shaved one) isn't so sweet at the groomers. He was kicked out of a groomer's earlier this year. Well, she finished him but politely said he wasn't really welcome back (unless he was declawed & drugged). We took him to a groomer's associated with our vet's office this last time. They had to put him under to shave him. He just goes crazy when the clippers get turned on. Putting him under was less traumatic for him & the groomer. We're going to try to take him more frequently (before he gets so matted) and hope that he'll gradually learn that being at the groomer's isn't so bad.

We do enjoy them and I can't imagine not having at least one kitty to keep us company.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:09 AM   #61  
Glitter Queen

Heheee so many funny cats :mrgreen:

My last cat Nils loved to sleep in my paper chips,
and Elmo "helps" me while crafting :rolleyes:

Visit my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM   #62  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,553 Likes on 668 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

SOOOO cute!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #63  
Kookie Creator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"The only problem I have is that DH's brittany loves my markers. He will bring them to you one at a time if he can. Thank heavens he's got a very soft mouth."

My two Brits think they are computer literate - they insist on placing their muzzles right on the laptop keyboard! I keep telling that since they do not have opposable thumbs they are not allowed to type, but to no avail. Each of them has a different fetish though - the older one has a thing for fabric and paper, so he will often be found eating ribbon scraps or chipboard out of the garbage/recycling bin. The younger one has a thing for hard plastic and wood - so he eats the wood blocks for the stamps or my acrylic blocks. Unfortunately, I work in our unfinished basement, and there are no walls (other than the 4 outside walls) or doors, so I have a difficult time keeping them out. I tried building up "walls" by stacking shelves etc, but since they are very active dogs (and hunters to boot), they just sail over them with the greatest of ease! Gotta love Brits!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 11:50 AM   #64  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the funniest thread! Love seeing the pics!
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #65  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandblueView Post
Splotchy thinks the Big Shot Pro is his bed.
Hahaa!!! LOVE his name!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #66  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have a door on my room, so it's easy enough to keep the cats out.

But I used to have trouble with my bird, Twinkle Toes, who was a little gray cockatiel I adopted from a bird rescue when I lived in Oregon. She LOVED to nibble on paper, would steal pens and pencils out of their holders, could destroy a pencil erasure in a matter of seconds, and finished cards with paper flower embellishments and ribbon were apparently especially fun.

I still have book covers and notebooks that have nibbled away corners. If I was using my laptop, I had to hide the little red mouse button in the center of the keyboard, or she would pull it off and fly to the top of the shelf! Little thief, she was!!

As much trouble as she was in my room, I miss that little bird.... she passed away a couple of years ago while I was away at CHA. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #67  
Inking Addict

My pets are pretty good about staying out of my way, but my cat Lucy couldn't resist getting in the way of my photographing this card...

Ripped Blue Note by onyxpud - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

That was the the compromise shot, since she clearly wasn't going away. Not too bad of a backdrop...too bad I'll never get that to happen again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #68  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisyView Post
Hahaa!!! LOVE his name!!!
Hee hee - he IS splotchy after all

Katy that picture is hysterical!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #69  
Crimping Master

I've got 12kg (about 25lb for US) of staffordshire bull terrier on my lap at the moment. She really is too big for a lap dog. Wish I had webcam - you wouldn't see me behind the dog. :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #70  
Glitter Guru

lol.
Loving all the pics and stories! Lucy likes to get in the pics like mine do. I think it made for a very nice picture.
Loved the kitty in the suitcase, and the ones who helped their owner with their scrapbooking. (Guess I should have been more specific, sounds like all of them!) Although, I am loving them all! Pics and stories!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #71  
Mad Swapper

Love all the stories and photos! My cats are so much in charge at my house that they force me to keep the stamping room picked up or they lay on anything I am working on. One of them loves to chew on plastic (why do they do that)? Fortunately, I have lots of cupboards with doors to keep most of my supplies in and I do have doors that I can shut if I need to leave a project out--those cats certainly get disgruntled when that happens--how dare they be shut of anything in "their" house LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 03:43 AM   #72  
Inking Addict

Reading all your stories makes me want to get another cat! They are all so beautiful! I lost my dear old cat Onyx in September and I miss having two. I love Lucy to bits but there is a different energy in the house now. I must miss the chaos...these stories of kitties causing problems make me want another lol.

Btw I also have a too cute for his own good white ****-a-poo. He could care less about the craft supplies, but does pile up all his toys around my feet while I'm doing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 AM   #73  
Kookie Creator

So many cute stories and pictures. Makes me really miss my four cats when I am at work. Then I start to wonder what they are doing now. That's when a chill goes up my spine, because I can just imagine what they are doing.........and it's probably not a good thing. A few years ago, we brought in 3 kittens that were born under our deck. It was getting cold out, the mama cat kept taking off and our other cat was missing our dog that died a few months before that. Plus, we just fell in love with the little goobers. It became apparent soon after that one of them was "special" so she kind of gets away with things, and they all know it. They make her get up on the counter and knock things down so they can check it out. Hard to really get mad at any of them, but especially her. She can just give you "the look" that melts your heart.

Keep the stories and pictures coming. So much fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by onyxpudView Post
Reading all your stories makes me want to get another cat! They are all so beautiful! I lost my dear old cat Onyx in September and I miss having two. I love Lucy to bits but there is a different energy in the house now. I must miss the chaos...these stories of kitties causing problems make me want another lol.

Btw I also have a too cute for his own good white ****-a-poo. He could care less about the craft supplies, but does pile up all his toys around my feet while I'm doing it.
I lost my Sable on Oct 24th and on Oct 30th I adopted a 16 week old little boy. I was lost without a kitty as our other boy loves only my husband. My Boxer is a sweetheart but not a cat!

My kitten is named Maynard "Mayhem" - it is amazing what he gets into! He is currently obsessed with the paper scraps in the trash and I see he pulled more out last night!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 01:56 AM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

I have never owned a cat only a dog. When my dog was a puppy she got into anything and everything. I didn't craft/stamp in those days but I can just imagine what she would have done if I owned craft supplies. After she was potty trained left her in the house for a short time and ran an errand. Honest, when I opened the door I thought we had been vandalized with the soil from the plants all over along with hand lotion (she chewed the plastic). I'm reading a lot of cat stories so your puppies must be very well behaved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #76  
Rubber Obsessor

My boy (who broke my heart when he passed a few years back) used to love to be involved in EVERYTHING that went on in the house.

As you can see he thought my task light was just the perfect place to keep warm. I still miss him and his little sister more than I can express - 15 and 18 years of love, fun and companionship.
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-crafting-thai.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 08:01 AM   #77  

What a gorgeous animal!!! (hugs) on the missing. I get that :(

On another note - your desk is SHOCKINGLY neat!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #78  
Rubber Obsessor

Just because we're talking one of my favourite subjects ...... here's a snap of my two. It still shocks me how much I miss them, but we're getting a couple of new furbies from the cat shelter where I volunteer just as soon as we clear the house a bit! :rolleyes:

Oh and Lydia, I am definitely NOT a tidy crafter, but after a project is done I do like to clear my space ........ you can just imagine the challenges ahead for me as I married a man who was a confirmed bachelor and who had "collected" a whole heap of stuff over the years lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Organizing a craft room when you have pets....-t-t.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 10:04 AM   #79  
Glitter Guru

Oh, what a pair, how adorable! So sorry for your loss!
I understand that feeling. So glad that you are considering adopting again in time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2011, 10:21 AM   #80  
Rubber Obsessor

I have 3 grandfurbabies. My son rescues them then the end up here. they love to put their own touch to any thing I do. They don't interfere too much, justlike to be involved
Reply With Quote Likes