Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2014, 09:59 AM   #201  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly, a couple of weeks ago, I sent a few packages to St. Jude's Ranch for Children. I know how you feel about the cost of shipping -- they were quite heavy so I used priority flat rate boxes. They have a new big box that worked great.

I could have kept a big box of "for sale" items around a bit longer but it felt so good to pass things along to people who could really use them and not have those supplies "haunting" me and just taking up space.

Sounds like you found a terrific organization - good for you, and thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked them for possible future donations .

(Of course, after that donation, I managed to reorganize a bit more - it is an ongoing process. I now actually keep some of our jigsaw puzzles on the top shelf.)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-17-2014, 02:37 PM   #202  
Compulsive Stamper

I've got someone coming today to take the big pile of papers I purged, plus a shopping bag filled with stickers and a few embellishments for a card class at the community centre.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 12:38 AM   #203  
Mad Swapper

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello Fellow Stamper's....

I know many of you are purging your crafting supplies that you no longer need or want. So, I am offering up some "inside information" on a longtime fellow crafter that could REALLY use your help with your destash items as she recently lost EVERYTHING crafty she had.

Her name is Ruby Taylor. Ruby is a lovely kindhearted lady who has been a crafter for many, many years. Late last year she suffered a couple of strokes and a few other medical issues. I'm glad to report that Ruby is doing much better and her doctor's believe that her passion for paper crafting will help in her recovery as it will strengthen her overall motor skills including her eye to hand coordination, her dexterity, and her downded mood.

Unfortunately, Ruby's grand-daughter didn't think that Ruby would survive her stroke enough to be able to continue crafting, so she threw out ALL of Ruby's crafting things. What a saddening suprise this was for Ruby when she came home! Can YOU imagine how you would feel if this happened to you?

Currently Ruby said that she only has about 12 sheets of Cardstock and dsp, and 1 Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.

So, I am humbly asking all of you to PLEASE help me to help Ruby re-build her stash with your unwanted and extra items.

When I spoke with Ruby earlier tonight and she said some of the things she is really in need of is Adhesive, Cardstock, DSP, stamps, basic tools, and things to color with. But, I know Ruby...she needs EVERYTHING! I think she has gotten a paper cutter (I'm not sure) , but she doesn't have a good pair of sharp crafting siccors. I know that Ruby enjoys embossing things, but she doesn't have a way to emboss things anymore, nor does she have any embossing folders. She has no punches, and no "bling" or ribbon to make her cards pretty. She needs envelopes, and basically anything that people can send her.

I have a new mini Martha Stewart Score board that I am sending her, along with a couple of ink pads and a couple of stamps.

So, I am here to humbly ask for your assistance in helping a fellow crafter. I know that anything you could send her, no matter how small you think it is, would mean the world to her. She truely needs some "Crafty Angel's" right now.

Thank you for your consideration to Pay-It-Forward to a fellow crafter!

Crafty Huggles & Glitter Blessings,
Christi

***added by moderator
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craf-T-Bear Feb.24, post #228 below
Ruby's Correct Address is:

Ruby Taylor
510 Oakland Ave
Cordele, GA
USA

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 02-27-2014 at 03:23 PM.. Reason: adding corrected address from post #228 (removed other addy LF 2/27/14)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #204  
Crimping Master

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Default friend in need

I am so sorry that Ruby has to go thru something like this. God works in mysterious ways. Today, I was supposed to call my granddaughters school to see if they could use my cricut create cutting machine. As fate would have it, I got busy and didn't call. Instead of calling, I decided to go to splitcoast stampers and read from the forum. This is where I read your message about Ruby. I will not be calling the school and will be mailing the cricut create with cartridges to your dear friend Ruby. There are so many wonderful people on this forum and am sure Ruby will be up and creating in no time. Thank you for sharing your story.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #205  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Awesome! I have some "special" things that I've been holding aside - debating whether to sell or donate - that I didn't want to go just any-old-where. Now I know where they're going - thanks SO MUCH for the heads-up, Christi!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #206  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you, Christi, for telling us about Ruby's situation.

Oh, how I wish I had known sooner! There are so many things I've already passed along that I would have loved to send her. But -- I am certain I can manage to put together a package. I'm sure I have some stamps and really need to eliminate some paper. And there's a customer garage sale at an LSS coming up -- I just may have to see if I can hunt down some bargains for her ;) .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 09:54 AM   #207  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 171 Likes on 121 Posts

Christi, is there a master list of some kind as to what people are sending so we don't send duplicates of things like stamp sets?

I don't have any sets that I don't use but will see what else I can come up with. I'm a minimalist in my room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 09:56 AM   #208  
Stazon Splitcoast

Christi, I take it from your post she is more a cardmaker than a scrapbooker so if I sent her 6x6 DP that I have here, she could make use of that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 11:42 AM   #209  
Rubber Obsessor

Christi, I have put a package together for Ruby. Some stamp sets that are sort of generic and some bling. Everyone needs bling.

I have other things I could send but I hate to load her down with stuff that may not be her style. Could you give us a hint as to what she prefers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 01:27 PM   #210  
Mad Swapper

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for your generosity in helping a fellow SCS crafter!!!! To answer some of your questions:

No, I do not have a "Master List" of things that people are donating to Ruby because this is all being done out of the kindness of everyone's heart and each person is sending whatever they may have to send.

However, a few the things that I have NOT seen anyone say they could send, that might be helpful for Ruby is some WHITE cardstock to stamp images on, should people send her some stamps, a ruler, and a pair of sharp crafting scissor's. These types of things are part of the "essential's" for us crafter's. ;)

Yes, Ruby tends to be more of a card maker, than a scrapbooker. So, smaller 6" x 6" paper is fine. Even decent sized pieces from your "scrap bins" would be helpful.

As for Ruby's style... I'm not sure if she has a specific style or not at this point. Like many of us, we tend to change our style depending on what we have available to use.

I hope this helps to answer some of your question's.

((((((Huggles & Blessings to ALL))))))
Christi

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 01:42 PM   #211  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the info, Christi. I'll put a box together this weekend. Adhesives (I just bought 2 cases LOL), white CS, DP (mostly 6x6 but will have other), bling and ribbon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 03:04 PM   #212  
Insane Embellisher

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Heart Help and heart are on the way!

I'm getting a big package for Ruby now. Got plenty to share. Sorry her granddaughter made that error. Major faux pas. It must have been devastating for Ruby. But we SCS'ers will respond. Tell the granddaughter we forgive her but maybe she can redeem herself and make sure all the supplies are stored so Ruby can get to them easily. ;)

Last edited by Savagetwin; 02-19-2014 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: correction
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 04:32 PM   #213  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, apparently I do have more that I can purge . Thank you Christi and Ruby.

I've got the Cutterbee sharp scissors covered (I do not need three pair!), plus a Tombow adhesive runner and refill, an acrylic block, some foam dimensionals and glue dots, SU watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons.

I'm also putting in some stamps, cardstock and papers, embellishments, washi and glitter tape, and a couple of embossing folders and dies. I wish I had a diecutter to send but hopefully she'll have one at some point.

I did have an extra moldable blue foam block so as long as she has a heat gun or even a hairdryer, she may have some fun with that:

Moldable Foam Stamps

I recently donated two boxes of ink pads though, so that's something I can't contribute.

I hope Ruby gets to feeling better and that the papercrafting is good therapy for her!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-19-2014, 05:48 PM   #214  
Stazon Splitcoast

If no one else is sending a Cuttlebug, I've got one sitting in a box in the attic - old but still serviceable... I can contribute stamps and ribbon, too, and my friend Sherry has a lot of ink pads she's willing to contribute, as well as cardstock pieces (for card fronts or mats or dies).

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #215  
Insane Embellisher

Received 49 Likes on 17 Posts

I included two rulers in the box I am sending.
If you have any other ideas on what hasn't been mentioned that she specifically might be able to use, please let us know. I still have a smidgeon of room in the box I'm sending.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craf-T-BearView Post
Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for your generosity in helping a fellow SCS crafter!!!! To answer some of your questions:

No, I do not have a "Master List" of things that people are donating to Ruby because this is all being done out of the kindness of everyone's heart and each person is sending whatever they may have to send.

However, a few the things that I have NOT seen anyone say they could send, that might be helpful for Ruby is some WHITE cardstock to stamp images on, should people send her some stamps, a ruler , and a pair of sharp crafting scissor's. These types of things are part of the "essential's" for us crafter's. ;)

Yes, Ruby tends to be more of a card maker, than a scrapbooker. So, smaller 6" x 6" paper is fine. Even decent sized pieces from your "scrap bins" would be helpful.

As for Ruby's style... I'm not sure if she has a specific style or not at this point. Like many of us, we tend to change our style depending on what we have available to use.

I hope this helps to answer some of your question's.

((((((Huggles & Blessings to ALL))))))
Christi

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #216  
Rubber Obsessor

I will pick her up a full package of white cardstock, from Michael's and send it. It will be a couple of days before I get out to do it. We are snowed in in MN. 10 inches of snow on top of an inch of ice...going no where today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2014, 10:17 AM   #217  
Stazon Splitcoast

I made a quick trip to the p.o. yesterday before the latest round of nasty weather came in. Happy to say Ruby's package is on the way. I hope she gets it tomorrow .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2014, 10:38 AM   #218  
Stazon Splitcoast

My box goes out in the a.m.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2014, 10:40 AM   #219  
Stazon Splitcoast

Smiling.

I just have to wonder what her mailman will think .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #220  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
Smiling.

I just have to wonder what her mailman will think .
Ruby's going to think Christmas came 300+ days early this year :-D
My DH said this morning she'll probably wind up with more than what her GD pitched to begin with LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2014, 06:47 AM   #221  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just stumbled upon this thread. I am a caregiver for my 90 year old Mom with dementia and don't have as much free time to stamp and make cards as I would like. I have a package going out to Ruby with some lonely supplies that I have.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #222  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by myinkyfingersView Post
Just stumbled upon this thread. I am a caregiver for my 90 year old Mom with dementia and don't have as much free time to stamp and make cards as I would like. I have a package going out to Ruby with some lonely supplies that I have.
Sorry to hear about your mom. Being a caregiver is tough. They taught us weel. ;-)

My box went out this morning. She should have it Tuesday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #223  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
If no one else is sending a Cuttlebug, I've got one sitting in a box in the attic - old but still serviceable... I can contribute stamps and ribbon, too, and my friend Sherry has a lot of ink pads she's willing to contribute, as well as cardstock pieces (for card fronts or mats or dies).
Christi also posted this on the Pay it forward thread in the General Stamping talk forum. I do believe that someone said that they are sending her a Sizzix Texture Boutique Machine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2014, 04:43 AM   #224  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobookittysgrannyView Post
Christi also posted this on the Pay it forward thread in the General Stamping talk forum. I do believe that someone said that they are sending her a Sizzix Texture Boutique Machine.
Ruby is going to have so many cool tools. I hope we have not overwhelmed her. Someone on here was sending her a cuddle Bug and someone else a Cricut Expressions.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2014, 07:06 AM   #225  
Crimping Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

How is Ruby set for ink pads? I have many SU pads that will need a new home soon.

(I have told my kids they better have my ashes scattered for a year before dumping my goodies--just in case! ;) )

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #226  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValliView Post
How is Ruby set for ink pads? I have many SU pads that will need a new home soon.

(I have told my kids they better have my ashes scattered for a year before dumping my goodies--just in case! ;) )
LOL

I sent her 3 ink pads.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #227  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have about six ink pads set aside to go in the box with the 'bug, but I haven't sent them yet - tomorrow they'll go postal, and I can leave out the ink pads if everyone else is sending some...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #228  
Mad Swapper

Ruby Taylor
510 Oakland Ave
Cordele, GA
USA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #229  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is her mail being forwarded to her then? If not, hopefully, they will at least return it to me so I can resend it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 AM   #230  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craf-T-BearView Post

Ruby Taylor
510 Oakland Ave
Cordele, GA
USA

Oh man! I sent her box on the 22nd to the first address you gave. I can't imagine them sending back a box that large. Now I'm concerned. Can you check with the folks at the original address
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:09 AM   #231  
Stazon Splitcoast

checked tracking. Mine left Denver yesterday. Can you contact the folks at the former address? I'm sure they'll wonder what in the heck is going on LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2014, 05:01 AM   #232  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'd like to know, too. I mailed a priority box on the 20th, which tracking shows was undeliverable (not forwarded) on Saturday at the address in Tifton, and was now processed through Tampa .. and is headed . . . ???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-26-2014, 12:06 PM   #233  
Insane Embellisher

I'm in a similar situation. I mailed a box on the 22nd to the Tifton address. The tracking indicates it's in Jacksonville, FL today. I hope it will be forwarded to Ruby.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #234  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just called my local postmaster and asked about protocol. Here's what she told me.

UNDELIVERABLE - they will come back to you
If she left a FORWARDING ADDRESS - then they will forward them to her.

I'd keep an eye on the tracking. I never thought to ask her if it would track in reverse if it needed to come back. I'll ask her this afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2014, 06:33 AM   #235  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I called yesterday, the woman didn't seem to be able to tell if it was going to be returned to me or sent on to her new address. Here's the info since it left Michigan:

Depart USPS Sort Facility MACON, GA 31204 February 27, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort Facility MACON, GA 31204 February 27, 2014 12:55 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility TAMPA, FL 33605 February 26, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort Facility TAMPA, FL 33605 February 25, 2014 10:25 pm
Undeliverable as Addressed TIFTON, GA 31794 February 22, 2014 9:56 am
Out for Delivery TIFTON, GA 31794 February 22, 2014 9:08 am
Sorting Complete TIFTON, GA 31794 February 22, 2014 8:58 am
Arrival at Post Office TIFTON, GA 31794 February 22, 2014 6:48 am
Depart USPS Sort Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 February 22, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort Facility JACKSONVILLE, FL 32099 February 21, 2014 9:08 pm

It certainly isn't coming back the same way it got there. My guess is that it will be returned to me because if she had her mail forwarded, they wouldn't have sent it out for delivery. And why in the world is this package taking a little trip around Florida? LOL - I'm sure it's just procedure depending on which facility they want it to go through.

I'll certainly resend if it comes back to me, but I'm also glad that the priority mail comes with insurance. It's all just too bad - she would have had her package on Saturday.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2014, 06:49 AM   #236  
Insane Embellisher

Expected Delivery Day: Thursday, February 27, 2014
Your item was undeliverable as addressed at 9:30 am on February 27, 2014 in TIFTON, GA 31794. It is being returned if appropriate information is available.

This is the latest tracking notice on the package I sent. It looks like it is coming back to me. Perhaps Ruby didn't leave a forwarding address or the forwarding time has expired. I think the PO forwards for 6 months after a change of address.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2014, 01:45 PM   #237  
Mad Swapper

Default Care package on the way!

Just packaged up a package for Ruby!

Asst. SU! card stock cut & folded for A2 size cards, some d.p. ,

stickers, embellishments, ribbon, individual stamps, and a few stamp sets.

She has to be so thrilled with all the goodies she is receiving from all the wonderful, caring, & giving people here on S.C.S.

I imagine she has never enjoyed getting mail as she is these days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #238  
Stazon Splitcoast

Great news fellow shippers! My latest info on Ruby's package -- DELIVERED to Cordele!

Delivered CORDELE, GA 31015 February 27, 2014 3:03 pm
Depart USPS Sort Facility MACON, GA 31204 February 27, 2014
Processed through USPS Sort Facility MACON, GA 31204 February 27, 2014 12:55 am
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2014, 02:40 PM   #239  
Stazon Splitcoast

Repeating the new address here for anyone who may have skipped posts and missed it:

Ruby Taylor
510 Oakland Ave
Cordele, GA
USA

P.S. I sent a note to the moderator/s wondering if they could edit or add a note to Christi's first post with the old address - I don't know if they will or not, but at some point, as mentioned above, the p.o. may not forward anymore and I hate for anyone to miss the new address.

Last edited by Phantom; 02-27-2014 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2014, 10:09 PM   #240  
Mad Swapper

Ladies, I am so humbly sorry for all of the confusion. Here is Ruby's Facebook page link https://www.facebook.com/RubyInGA?fref=ts

If you have Facebook, I would suggest that you contact her directly that way.

I know that she has received a few things, because she has posted in my personal group on Facebook regarding them. My group is private, so you would have to request to join. Just let me know that you are from SCS and I will approve your request. The link to my group "Sister's with Crafty Hands" is https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sisterswithcraftyhands/

but she still hasn't gotten my package either and I mailed mine 2 weeks ago as well.

Huggles,
Christi
Reply With Quote Likes