Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #321  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonwoldView Post
Right now my craft room doubles as the home office and the "new cat" room. She likes paper and plastic. I need some ideas for cat proofing and organizing my craft supplies. Currently we have two Ikea Desks along the one wall. A fling cabinet under the window that double for a printer stand. A tall bookcase full of books. All my craft stuff in in those plastic drawers things. There really is no room for them in the room ( I should take and post some pictures). I am hoping none of my kids return home to live for the umpteenth time and maybe take some of their "rooms" with them to give me more space :rolleyes:
Any ideas are welcome.
I am loving some of the ideas I've already seen ( haven't been able to check the whole thread yet)
yes, take pics of your room & we'll all put our 2 cents in on ideas. Here's a question in the mean time. Do you have much free wall space? Many times when you can't go out or down you can go up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2010, 07:58 PM   #322  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by imthenoniView Post
yes, take pics of your room & we'll all put our 2 cents in on ideas. Here's a question in the mean time. Do you have much free wall space? Many times when you can't go out or down you can go up.
Took pictures today, but didn't upload them yet. I have some wall space. I have an Ikea shelve that is suppose to go on the wall, but DH hasn't put it up yet so it sits on the desk
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 12:59 PM   #323  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 498 Likes on 276 Posts

Well, I found 2 display boxes at the local Big Lots store, each with 3 shelves, that look like they'll hold a lot of ribbon rolls. I plan on either spray painting or covering with some contact paper, and putting up somewhere in my craft room.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #324  
Matboard Maniac

So many great ideas! We are indeed a "crafty" bunch

My work desk is a 6' piece of counter top with a back splash sitting on top of 2 floor cabinets, one with drawers and one with 1 drawer and a cupboard. I got the whole thing for about $25 at a used building supply place. It's the same height as kitchen counters so I can stand when I feel like it. When I prefer to sit, I use a drafting stool I got at the thrift store for $6.

I was soooo lucky to get a blueprint file that was auctioned off at work. It was about $200, but new the units sell for $500 per 5 drawer unit...mine has 3 units. The drawers are totally perfect for all my stamps (mostly UM's). Each drawer has a category or more, ie "people" or "sentiments". I'm in the process of indexing them all by stamping the image on plain ole copy paper and assigning each stamp a number, P-1 for example, the "P" indicating the category of people. The stamps go in the appropriate drawer in roughly numerical order. The image sheets go into page protectors in a binder. Then when I want a particular stamp, I turn to the appropriate section in the binder, find the stamp number and know where to find it. The binder is handy because I can take it with me to conventions and such to ensure I don't get duplicates. I can also use it at the computer when ordering online. The top of the unit holds my magazine holders.

I love to hit the dollar store and pick up those little plastic storage containers originally intended for food; they make great holders for all sorts of stuff. I keep my EP in the sandwich sized ones so I can dip small pieces in and when I do have to pour it, it's easier to get it back into that larger container than those little ones they come in.

Any and all small plastic or glass bottles and jars get saved; you can nearly always find a use for them. Most of my smaller embellishments are stashed in the little drawer units originally made for screws and nails...picked them up for a song at garage sales.

Also have several iris carts that cost between $2 and $5 each at garage sales and auction.

For my Prisma pencils, I hit the thrift store and picked up several cute coffee mugs for about a quarter a piece and have the pencils sorted by color with the tips up. They're heavy enough not to tip over and easily moveable from one spot to another.

My latest pride and joy is my Copic holder. They can be stored either vertically or horizontally, but I wanted the horizontal so I could see the color names/numbers on the end. I picked up a 10' section of gutter downspout at the home improvement store, it was under $10. I had DH cut it into sections about an inch shorter than the pens. It made 23 tubes. Now the downspout is mostly rectangular with rounded corners and it's fairly thin material so my storage unit isn't very heavy but it is sturdy.

DH used an all purpose cement and glued them together 5 across and 3 high. Then he took some foamcore and cut out "plugs" for the ends and glued them in. When all was secure, he glued a full piece of foamcore across the back and another on the bottom with an extra little strip near the front so the whole unit leans back just slightly. This keeps the pens from sliding out on their own. It's so cool! It keeps them all sorted and within easy reach for use and it looks nice, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #325  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 297 Likes on 115 Posts

Some great ideas on this thread - thanks, ladies! I posted some cheap/free ideas on my blog today (just did a re-org), but wanted to add a thing or two here.

On the punch storage on curtain rods idea - if you have the clearance behind where the door swings into the room, that would be a good place to put them, as this is space you would normally "waste". I had enough room there in my previous apartment, and I could go floor to ceiling with them. Just make sure the rods are only 2" projection.

The downspout idea for Copic storage is brilliant! Scour the hardware store for other storage solutions, too. PVC pipe cut in half can make a "cradle" to hold spools of ribbon, for example. Brick molding (that's what they call it - it's still wood) attached to the wall is deep enough to hold single stamps (as opposed to clamshell cases). Pegboard is cheap and you can put a TON of stuff on there!

Empty containers like coffee canisters, baby wipe dispensers, etc., are free and useful for all kinds of things. Larger items like balls of crochet thread or yarn can go into the canisters, and I have all my Cuttlebug 2" dies and small embossing folders (not the A2 - the small ones that come in a four-pack) in a Cottonelle wipe dispenser.

I had some flip-top boxes that I got on a clearance sale that I was storing a lot of stuff in, but I needed a place to put clear stamps (like Inkadinkado and Heidi Grace), so I pulled off the tops and ended up with the perfect size container to put them in! Don't be afraid to "alter" things you already have to work for what you need!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 06:23 PM   #326  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelle328View Post
My latest pride and joy is my Copic holder. They can be stored either vertically or horizontally, but I wanted the horizontal so I could see the color names/numbers on the end. I picked up a 10' section of gutter downspout at the home improvement store, it was under $10. I had DH cut it into sections about an inch shorter than the pens. It made 23 tubes. Now the downspout is mostly rectangular with rounded corners and it's fairly thin material so my storage unit isn't very heavy but it is sturdy.

DH used an all purpose cement and glued them together 5 across and 3 high. Then he took some foamcore and cut out "plugs" for the ends and glued them in. When all was secure, he glued a full piece of foamcore across the back and another on the bottom with an extra little strip near the front so the whole unit leans back just slightly. This keeps the pens from sliding out on their own. It's so cool! It keeps them all sorted and within easy reach for use and it looks nice, too.
I am so trying to visualize this!! I am in need to add to my current storage (wire racks from Carpe Diem) and would love to find a less expensive way, perhaps that even saves space on my desk than these two (80 markers each) racks.

Can you take a picture and share with us visually impaired crafters? I'd soooo appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #327  
Insane Embellisher

At our copic certification class this weekend, the lady assisting had all of her copics in a open topped carry tote, and we all loved it! I am definitely going to do that. That way it's easy to carry to the sofa or a friends house.

It was organized into the various compartments by color scheme. It was by Scrap, Paper, Scissors. It looked gorgeous with all those delicious markers crammed in, and it held a ton! I'm not sure if she had EVERY marker, but it had to have been close! There were also extra pockets around the outside that could be used to carry blocks, ink pads, etc.

By the way, I got mine for tool storage months ago before I saw what she was using hers for, and I found it at Michaels up here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 07:11 PM   #328  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 174 Likes on 130 Posts

speaking of copic certification class. while at a stamp expo one of the vendors(selling them) told me the classes aren't for learning to color. but more so "how to sell and market them"
do you feel that way?
i was looking into taking a class or 2.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2010, 08:10 PM   #329  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
speaking of copic certification class. while at a stamp expo one of the vendors(selling them) told me the classes aren't for learning to color. but more so "how to sell and market them"
do you feel that way?
Yes, it was definitely not a coloring course. If you're interested in coloring courses, My Creative Classroom offers online courses, and Suzanne Dean recently opened up an online classroom as well, called Color Creative Classroom. I haven't taken either, but I'm sure that there are others here that have! Suzanne's just started, so it might be harder to find people who have completed a class.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 06:03 AM   #330  
Matboard Maniac

What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-copic-storage.jpg

What are your free/cheap storage solutions?-copic-storage-2.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin_melissaView Post
I am so trying to visualize this!! I am in need to add to my current storage (wire racks from Carpe Diem) and would love to find a less expensive way, perhaps that even saves space on my desk than these two (80 markers each) racks.

Can you take a picture and share with us visually impaired crafters? I'd soooo appreciate it!
Thanks, Melissa. I've never done an attachment before, so I hope this works. I've been using this for about a week now, and I love it more every day! DH is going to put the remaining 8 pieces together in a 4 across, 2 high configuration for me to use with my other pens/markers. I'll have to see how it goes, but I may have to get another piece of downspout and have him make more, LOL.

So far, for all this, I invested about $10 for the downspout, $4 for the can of adhesive (didn't come close to using it all) and $3 for the foamboard. Not too shabby.

Michelle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 06:43 AM   #331  
Die Cut Diva

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

I've been using this for about a week now, and I love it more every day! DH is going to put the remaining 8 pieces together in a 4 across, 2 high configuration for me to use with my other pens/markers. I'll have to see how it goes, but I may have to get another piece of downspout and have him make more, Michelle
Absolutely love it when people find a way to fill their own need using creativity. You should get some kind of award for coming up with this.
~Blessings,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 06:55 AM   #332  
Matboard Maniac

Well, it really was just a modification of something else I saw. I'm not overly creative in an "original idea" sense...my "gift" (if you want to call it that) is to change stuff...take an existing idea and alter it to make it better, smoother or easier.

But thanks! Hope someone can use this and perhaps modify it for themselves. Personally, I'd rather spend my money on stuff I can't make myself, kwim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 AM   #333  
Stazon Splitcoast

Michelle,

Thanks for sharing the pics. I thought I could picture them in my mind but the pics added more to what I was visioning.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #334  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Attachment 182689

Attachment 182690

Thanks, Melissa. I've never done an attachment before, so I hope this works. I've been using this for about a week now, and I love it more every day! DH is going to put the remaining 8 pieces together in a 4 across, 2 high configuration for me to use with my other pens/markers. I'll have to see how it goes, but I may have to get another piece of downspout and have him make more, LOL.

So far, for all this, I invested about $10 for the downspout, $4 for the can of adhesive (didn't come close to using it all) and $3 for the foamboard. Not too shabby.

Michelle
What a great idea!! I love this! May have to give this a try. I don't have Copics, but would work great for my pencils, and assorted markers!!

Thanks for the inspiration!

http://cropmomscraftycards.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #335  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

LOVE this idea with your downspout~~ VERY VERY USEFUL!!! I think my FIL has some extra in his garage.... I HAVE to check it out because, I LOVE your idea!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 02:20 PM   #336  
Stazon Splitcoast

You know I'm thinking I could use that idea for my SU markers that will be retiring this summer as well as the Copics, pencils, gel pens, you could even use them for your hand-held punches, paper piercing tools and those kinds of tools. I'm picturing all kinds of things you could use them for.

I may have told you guys already but I have old electric heat register covers which I am planning to paint and use as trays for my ribbons, sizzix dies, and punches. They are 4, 5 & 6 feet long so I will have plenty of room for even display of cards, etc. I just need to finish getting my craft cave sorted out and made into a craft room. I'm hoping to start working on it next week. Oh how I wish I had a fairy god mother or could be like Samantha on Bewitched and could just wish or twitch my nose and it be all done and sparkling clean. If someone has one of those please send her my way!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 08:46 PM   #337  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlankiefinderView Post
Yes, it was definitely not a coloring course. If you're interested in coloring courses, My Creative Classroom offers online courses, and Suzanne Dean recently opened up an online classroom as well, called Color Creative Classroom. I haven't taken either, but I'm sure that there are others here that have! Suzanne's just started, so it might be harder to find people who have completed a class.
While I recently took the certification class I met a gal that was currently taking a Suzanne Dean class and she loved it and highly recommended it to me.

BTW, I would agree that the certification class isn't to help you improve your coloring but to teach you how to teach others to use the markers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-22-2010, 08:49 PM   #338  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Attachment 182689

Attachment 182690

Michelle
Thanks so much for sharing, these pictures help so very much. I just couldn't quite visualize what you were saying. This looks wonderful!! Wonderful DH too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:43 AM   #339  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ohhhhhhhhh I want to read this whole thread at some point, but thought I'd throw in my cheap orgainizing ideas. If you check my gallery, you'll quickly find out I'm all about foam board. If I can think it up, I can make it LOL

To give you an idea of how sturdy this stuff is, there is a paper organizer made out of foam board in my gallery. I have a 25lb cat who likes to sit on top of it. It has yet to collapse and I made it well over a year ago.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 09:46 AM   #340  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldumont999View Post
Absolutely love it when people find a way to fill their own need using creativity. You should get some kind of award for coming up with this.
~Blessings,
My husband says we are all farmers at heart. Farmers are the best at finding solutions and the best at inventing things. :cool:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #341  
Compulsive Stamper

I unmounted my stamps using Aleenes Tack it Over & Over but instead of buying CD or DVD cases to store them in, I stuck my stamps to the inside of the SU clamshell cases that their wood mounted stamps came it, with multiple sets in each (depending on the size of the case and the size of the stamps you can fit about 4 sets in each) For now this has been a great free way to store my stamps.

I also took my ribbon and unrolled it from its spool (oh the horror!) and wrapped them around 2"x3" pieces of cardboard I cut out of a box that got shipped to me and stored them in one of those 3 for $5 photo boxes you get at M's, I prob got about 20-30 spools in one box.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-23-2010, 02:10 PM   #342  
Compulsive Stamper

oh and i made myself a stamp index using business card holders we were tossing out at work because everyone's contacts are now on the computer.

I cut cardstock to the size of a business card, stamped the image on there and wrote the company name, set name, and what ever other distinguishing things i have to locate the stamps. Then I have sections for images (christmas, halloween, hearts, etc) and sentiments (general greetings, happy birthday, christmas, etc) and stored it all in a binder for a reference
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 06:51 AM   #343  
Matboard Maniac

Great idea, Miss Hox. I love having an index in a binder, it's handy and portable as well! I store all my stamps in a blueprint file (3 5-drawer units) I was able to snag at a Red Tag sale at work for a couple hundred dollars. I had been going to duplicate the stamp on the back of each UM by stamping it on a block and putting that to the back, but it's a finicky thing and I have about 1200 stamps so I thought I'd never get the job done.

DH, bless his heart, suggested I make a binder index. So I tinkered with that idea and decided to number all my stamps with an alpha/numeric system. I categorized the stamps into groups such as "people" "sentiments" "Asian", etc. My "people" drawer is full (seem to have a LOT of people stamps, hehe) so that drawer is labled as People. I took each stamp and printed it on a sheet of plain ole copy paper and assigned a number, ie P-1, P-2 etc. Stuck the sheets in page protectors, one facing each way and slipped them into a binder. Each category is defined.

So, if I need a particular animal stamp, say, I flip to the animal section and look through till I find the one I want. It might be A-36. So, I open the "A" drawer and find A-36. I try to keep them in roughly numerical order so it goes pretty quickly. I love it! Plus I can take the binder when I go to conventions or if I'm shopping online. This prevents my getting duplicates.

Plus, being "frugal", I used a stamp pad I bought way back when that I never actually use...color and such doesn't matter since it's just the image you need.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #344  
Polyshrink Goddess

This may not be the cheapest idea, but I must say one of the neatest ideas I have seen. Definitely a space saver
http://www.scrapboxusa.com/catalog/i...box&Itemid=115
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #345  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
My late husband's family were big into canning, so I have oodles of glass canning jars - they work great for just about anything you want within reach.

I have two of those spinning spice racks (Rubbermaid) and I put the canning jars on them and I can twirl them around to find what I want.

Check out your local grocery store for "throw aways!" They sometimes get very sturdy display shelf units and either end up throwing them away after use or don't even bother to use them and they're brand new!

Check out your Army/Navy surplus store for things like "military" metal map drawers - they're sturdy and hold lots of bling!

Close To My Heart stamp sets in their plastic packaging fit perfect in cute little crates that are just a buck each at Walmart!

Inexpensive "scrub pad" to clean stamps - I buy packs of two paint pads, break off the curls on the edge, attach 2 pads to a flat lid and instant scrubber pad and easy to clean, too! I attach them with double-sided tape and they've never come loose (they cost about 3 bucks for a pack of two.)

The inserts I've removed from the CD cases I use to store my unmounted stamps work great for ribbon - just wrap the ribbon and the inserts fit very well in a cheap photo storage box!

Still looking for a use for all those darned wood blocks (boxes of them!) from unmounted my stamps....any ideas?

I'd like them if you still are looking to get rid of them. I have a bunch of unmounted stamps that I would like to mount. Let me know. Thanks!

Live each day with kindness, happiness, and a smile.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #346  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post
[/COLOR]

I'd like them if you still are looking to get rid of them. I have a bunch of unmounted stamps that I would like to mount. Let me know. Thanks!
Thanks! I cleaned every one of them and gave them to our brand new preschool/day care center and they were thrilled!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #347  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
do you feel that way?
When I took, it was not a sales class at all. I found it very informative. It's best if you have a little bit of knowledge behind the markers before going as it will make things go easier for you. You also get a sampling of markers included in your class fee.

You can find me blogging at: http://allthatscrapforme.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #348  
Kookie Creator

Oops!

Last edited by Catrick; 05-25-2010 at 12:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #349  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

=Dragonwold;16571057]This may not be the cheapest idea, but I must say one of the neatest ideas I have seen. Definitely a space saver
http://www.scrapboxusa.com/catalog/i...box&Itemid=115
A bit pricey...a handy partner, a good bookshelf and two DIY doors will give one the same effect.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #350  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatrickView Post
A bit pricey...a handy partner, a good bookshelf and two DIY doors will give one the same effect.

Cathy
Hahahaha
a handy partner, that is a laugh my townhouse has been under renovations for 10 years. Nope at this point I buy, I will be waiting way to long for things if I got hubby to make them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 01:50 PM   #351  
Kookie Creator

Default Handy person...

Well, I find if I start a project..."Mr. Nosy" will come over to see what I am doing and tend to take over (lol).

He is not the most "handy" person but he does try (with a dash of whining thrown in) and I try to find easy projects that he can handle. I think I am handier than he as I do not fear a project but will research the heck out of it. I already have plans for a wall-mounted pegboard cabinet that I am dying to tackle.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #352  
Stazon Splitcoast

Cathy,

That must be a norm with our guys. We're handy and they are all thumbs and complaints. HAHAHA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #353  
Rubber Obsessor

There are a lot of really great ideas on here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #354  
Glitter Guru

I just wrote an article about "repurposing" in my column:

http://www.thedailyscrapper.com/2010...erplanet1.html

Hth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #355  
Compulsive Stamper

For storage for larger items, or items that can be stacked, go into your local wine/liquor store, often they discard the crates wine comes in. Sometimes they have lids, sometimes not. But they are pretty. You can sand and decorate or just enjoy the logo already on them. They are great stacked together!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #356  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by msrhettaView Post
For storage for larger items, or items that can be stacked, go into your local wine/liquor store, often they discard the crates wine comes in. Sometimes they have lids, sometimes not. But they are pretty. You can sand and decorate or just enjoy the logo already on them. They are great stacked together!
What a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-29-2010, 02:01 AM   #357  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by melissainkView Post
Oh my goodness. I need to try this! I am drowning in punches (and hate shifting through my drawer full of them. Excellent idea!
Brilliant!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 02:03 AM   #358  
Cardstock Collector

Does anybody have an idea for storing all of the different mats? Cutting mat, rotary knife mat, piercing mat, stamping mat, dry embossing mat... &&&. I'm thinking of maybe moving mine from a drawer to a letter or napkin holder but maybe somebody has a better idea?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 03:20 AM   #359  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoribugView Post
Does anybody have an idea for storing all of the different mats? Cutting mat, rotary knife mat, piercing mat, stamping mat, dry embossing mat... &&&. I'm thinking of maybe moving mine from a drawer to a letter or napkin holder but maybe somebody has a better idea?
Not on your list, but Cricut mats. I have some of the wire cubes, stacked for paper storage. I use large S hooks to hang my Cricut cutting mats. And any other large mats that have a hole for hanging.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:25 AM   #360  
Kookie Creator

I have a large cutting mat (18x24) on my desk and I use a little one on top of it. I keep the spares just stacked up leaning against the side of my bookshelf.

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes