Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-21-2024, 04:26 PM   #161  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,852 Likes on 1,941 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craf-T-BearView Post
Hi Everyone,
We have a wonderful dynamic duo of a 35 yo. autistic young man and a 42 yo. wounded veteran who are trying to get some postage stamps collected and sorted into stamp books. Do any of you have any cancelled or unused postage stamps from around the world that you've received on your snail mail? Would you be willing to share them with these two delightful men? They are also looking to acquire some of those stamp sleeve pages to store them in. They want to use 3 ring binders, so they need to have the holes for that idea.

Let's help these two! Thanks a million.
Christi

Look for an Amazon package on Monday with two packs of stamp collection pages to fit the binders. Hope this helps them enjoy this experience.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by lovinpaper:
Craf-T-Bear (03-22-2024), leibetty (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 11:13 AM   #162  
Mad Swapper

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Look for an Amazon package on Monday with two packs of stamp collection pages to fit the binders. Hope this helps them enjoy this experience.
Oh my goodness... These 2 men are going to be so excited to have a package just for them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
lovinpaper (03-22-2024)
Old 03-22-2024, 11:59 AM   #163  
Mad Swapper

Heart Happy Mail THANK YOU's ~

Happy Mail THANK YOU's going out today to:

L. Rubin in CA ~ Thank you so much for your box of sketch markers, heavyweight cardstock, and the Dear Jane paper pad. (The girls are loving the Dear Jane paper for their journals and really needed the heavy cardstock!!) How did you know that some of our alcohol sketch markers were drying up? lol (Btw, the teens...especially the boys... love the boxes you put them in.) You always seem to know just the perfect things to send for our clients.

T. Hendri in PA ~ Thank you so much for your variety box of goodies. What a nice variety of new-to-us stamps and a stamp scrubber too! Those decorative type scissors are always being used in so many of our client's projects. Also, the ribbon punch and spools of ribbon. It will all certainly get used.... including the brown packing paper. Yes, we use it to put down under client work areas and use it in some of the actual projects.

Thank you both so very much for blessing us today with some new supplies!!!

Big Crafty Hugs,
Christi

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2024, 08:48 AM   #164  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Oh my goodness... These 2 men are going to be so excited to have a package just for them!!!
Amazon changed their date. The package shipped today and should arrive on Wednesday.
LisaFeatured Stamper #671Love sending BRAK cards. Dirty Dozen Alumni.CC927 Favorite
Reply With Quote Likes
Craf-T-Bear (03-29-2024)
Old 03-28-2024, 04:55 PM   #165  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Christi, I missed that the binder pages say for mini 3-ring binder. If that size is incorrect, it can be returned. Let me know if you need my help. Sorry if this is the incorrect size.
Reply With Quote Likes
Craf-T-Bear (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 09:12 AM   #166  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Another package headed your way, with the expected arrival date of Wednesday, April 3. The tracking number is:

Reply With Quote Likes
Craf-T-Bear (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 04:46 PM   #167  
Mad Swapper

Heart Thank You!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovinpaperView Post
Christi, I missed that the binder pages say for mini 3-ring binder. If that size is incorrect, it can be returned. Let me know if you need my help. Sorry if this is the incorrect size.

Hi Lisa,
THANK YOU!!! The 2 packs of mini postage stamp binder sheets arrived yesterday (Thursday). Our Dynamic Duo (who has been waiting for, bringing in, and checking our mail packages all week) was so excited to get them that they started putting their stamps in them immediately when they opened the package. I didn't have the heart to tell them that we needed to check for a correct size. So, we are on the lookout for mini binders now. LOL I'd still like to find the sheets for a large regular 3 ring binder because I had gotten them the regular 3 ring binders to put them in. They have about 800 stamps each now, with a few people looking for & sending to them so we will definitely be needing lots more binder pages for them. Ugg! LOL

Needless to say, your mini binder pages were a huge success for them and are greatly appreciated. THANK YOU again.
Big Crafty Hugs,
Christi

Reply With Quote Likes
lovinpaper (03-29-2024)
Old 03-29-2024, 04:52 PM   #168  
Mad Swapper

Heart How are you doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ktracyfView Post
Hi Christi-

I haven't forgotten about sending the paper - in fact, the pizza box I used from Club Scrap is filled to the very top. But before I could get in the mail, I got smacked with a nasty sinus infection. My husband has been sick, also, so no one has made it to the post office. I'm just about done with my second antibiotic and I think I'm on the mend. I probably won't get to the PO til Monday, but the paper, a combination of 12 x 12, 6 x 6 and some from mat stacks, will be heading your way..

I'll let you know when it's in the mail,
Tracy
Tracy ~ How are you and your hubby doing? I've been keeping you in prayer in hopes of you both feeling better.
Healing thoughts,
Christi

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2024, 05:53 PM   #169  
Mad Swapper

We have a few more HAPPY MAILS THANK YOU's for this week:

Lisa & Norm K ~~ THANK YOU for the 2 packs of EnvyPak Stamp Collector Refill Pages. (Our "Dynamic Duo" are soooo excited to have these for their postage stamp collections!!)

K. Brown in IN ~~ THANK YOU for the wonderful box of various die cut colorful shapes and the delightful variety of black lace & trims. Our "Journal Girls" and our card makers are so appreciative.

L. Rubin in CA ~~ THANK YOU for your exciting priority box of alcohol markers, sprinkles & mini bottles of colorful embellishments, variety of color lace trims for our journal tags, paper tag & stamp embellishments, metal dies for our journal tags & pockets, sticker sheets, and all of the Tim Holtz embossing glaze, distress glitter, and texture past. (Our "Journal Girls" are extremely excited to be the first to try out the Texture Paste & stencil technique next week.)

T. Hendri in PA ~~ THANK YOU for your amazing large box of textured papers, textured ribbons, mulberry papers, chip board sheets, foam sheets, variety of metal dies, note card sets, variety of Flower Soft, variety of sequins, wooden buttons, chip board pieces, Tiny Junkyard Findings, ink pads, embossing powders, re-inkers, glitters, dauber duos, embossing folders, Faber-Castell Gelatos (with sample sheet), Souffle 3-D Opaque Puffy Ink Pens, decorative paper napkins, variety of washi tape, stipple brushes, glue dots, and the Ziplock bag of various brads & tid-bits. This box excited a LOT of our clients!!! (Your "Happy Crafting" note is now hanging in the Journal Group area.)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU EVERYONE!!! This updates our "Happy Mails" up to 3/29/24.

Big Crafty Hugs & Blessings to Everyone,
Christi

Last edited by Craf-T-Bear; 03-29-2024 at 05:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2024, 05:12 PM   #170  
Mad Swapper

This week's Happy Mail "THANK YOU's" go out to:

Katy Brown in IN for both her box of 12"x12" paper pads, Ziplock bag of red ribbon, and Ziplock of gold ribbon. In addition, for her envelope with cut images and foreign postage stamps for our Dynamic Duo. (The Harry Potter postage stamps were a huge hit!) THANK YOU!!

Laurel Bakker in GA for her big box filled with a wonderful variety of goodies including various sized product bags for us to use for class kits or project kits, label & divider sheets for 3 ring binders, various rulers, various metal dies, different glues and oval glue sticks, ribbon, stickers, vellum phrase pack, tag packs, mini file set, wooden clothespins, several jumbo stretchable book covers, finger tattoos & nail friends for the little kids, cutting mat, variety of greeting cards. THANK YOU!!!

(Btw, you really made me miss living down south where I could actually get a Whataburger! LOL)

THANK YOU both for your gifts and generosity to The You Matter Project. This brings things up-to-date 4/6/2024.

Reply With Quote Likes
Falcon Bertille (04-07-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 04:09 PM   #171  
Mad Swapper

Heart Happy Mail THANK YOU

Today's THANK YOU goes out to:

L. Bakker in GA ~ Thank you for your wonderful box filled with metal rulers, 3 ring binders, page protector sheets, plastic storage, stamp cases, and ziplock bags with various crafting tools. These items will provide many clients with things they need for their individual projects.

Updated received items through 4/18/2024
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2024, 06:59 PM   #172  
Mad Swapper

Exclamation WISHLIST ITEMS NEEDED

Hello Crafty Friends,

Has Spring arrived where you are yet? Which flowers are in bloom in your area? Have the trees started to grow their leaves that will shade you during the heights of Summertime heat? How is your Spring Cleaning going? Which projects are you working on or hope to make soon?

We've had a few days here and there that have been nice and sunny. But, the temperature still gets down to near freezing at night. The daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths are in bloom and are so pretty. I just love the colors of the flowers this time of year. It's like an artist's palette in pure delight of imagination. A few trees have barely started to show their greener foliage. I've been working on sorting things, creating some different storage ideas that will hopefully be more helpful to the clients and creating a larger variety of more kit type projects. (THANK YOU to those who've sent us your empty clear storage packaging. It's really helping me to put some more needed "To-Go Starter Kits" together for our clients.)

While sorting and creating more "To-Go Starter Kits", I've noticed that we are running very low on a few things and wondered if any of you could help us out. Here's our top few things on our current wishlist:

1.) Chipboard Sheets We are needing these to create more of the covers for the Art Journal Kits. These are so popular with the teens & young adults right now as a way to express their feelings and emotions. (Do you remember me talking about the girl that had been cutting herself before she started creating her Art Journal? She hasn't cut herself once since she got her kit and donations of wonderful laces & trims started coming in for her to use!!! She's having so much fun with it and is even helping a couple of our newer girls with ideas for their Art Journals. Her transformation has been something to behold!!!) HALLELUJAH that Art Therapy and your kind, generous donations continue to help make impactful transformations like this!!!!!!

2.) Eyelets with a wide hole & Eyelet Setters / (Gromets & Gromet Setter) We only have about 10 single eyelets left in our entire inventory!! Can you believe that? I hadn't realised just how many clients were using these in their projects lately and waiting around to use our 1 single Crop-A-Dial Big Chomp to set them. (One minute we had lots of eyelets and the next minute with all the bookmarks, tags & journal makings the girls have been doing, now everyone wants to create with them it seems... which is great. (I guess that's why we have only 10 single eyelets left. Well, smack my head and call me Beauler. Silly me for not noticing sooner. LOL) Some projects are on hold until we can aquire more. (Why have all the local stores stopped carrying these?)

3.) More Heavyweight Cream Cardstock (I think it was L. Rubin who had sent us a stack of this cardstock not to long ago.) This cardstock is amazing & popular with our clients!!! It went fast as everyone loved it for making their bookmarks & tags. (I'm not sure where to get this ???. I also used some of it in some of the "To-Go Starter kits" I had made up since it was nice & sturdy.)

4.) Gluesticks/ tape runners/ double-sided tape rolls It's adhesive... what else can I say here. LOL We go through a LOT!!!

5.) Patterned Paper It can be single sided or double sided.

6.) Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads (or similar) We need to replace our , Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Old Paper and Antique Linen ink pads as these are the most used and are running out.

7.) Fibers, trims, ribbons & lace These are used in most projects and are included in all of the "To-Go kits".

8.) Postage Stamp Collection Items These items are specifically for our "Dynamic Duo" men who have begun their amazing journey of Philatelists. One is a young man with a gentle old soul who is high functioning on the ASD scale (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and the other is an older witty Heroic Wounded Veteran of our USA military. These two introverted fellows have created such an incrediable friendship & bond with each other. Together they have found a way to open up by delving into what they call, "The Forgotten World We All Share". (Is "Snail Mail" really becomming that forgotten?) So, despite them not doing a "traditional papercraft", their love for this type of "paper" is included amongst our top wishlist items. (Yes, each gentleman has his own stamps and storage sheets. But, they do divy up and share the few postage stamp donations we get. Canceled or non-canceled stamps from around the world and postage stamp collection storage sheets or albums are their wishlist items.

9.) Anything you have that you think we could use We accept all your crafty extra's and goodies. Our clients are creative. They love to explore and learn new stuff. They enjoy expressing themselves through the healing powers of Art Therapy and do a multitude of crafty hobbies to feel better about themselves and life in general.

As a reminder...

If you are wanting to send us things directly from online shopping places and they won't ship to a P.O. Box, you can use the address of our local Post Office and add our box number. So, the address would be:

The You Matter Project
c/o Christi Usher
2 Lower Creek Rd.
# 244
Etna, NY 13062

If you need to include a phone number, you can use the number for the Post Office (607) 347-4763 or PM me for my cell number.

Of course, if you are sending us supplies from your craft stash/purge you can still use our Post Office Box address. It's still:

The You Matter Project
c/o Christi Usher
P.O. Box 244
Etna, NY 13062-0244

Thank you everyone for thinking of us. For sending your destash and other needed "Wishlist Items" to us. And, for helping us to assist others to become healthier through crafting/ hobbying their way to a better tomorrow.

Big Giant Crafty Huggles to each of You,
Christi

Last edited by Craf-T-Bear; 04-18-2024 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: To add both shipping addresses
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-25-2024, 05:16 PM   #173  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts

Another box headed your way! The tracking number is:

​​​​​​9549012391344115291021
Reply With Quote Likes
Craf-T-Bear (04-26-2024)
Old 05-04-2024, 12:57 PM   #174  
Cardstock Collector

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Postage Stamps

Quote:

Hi Everyone,
We have a wonderful dynamic duo of a 35 yo. autistic young man and a 42 yo. wounded veteran who are trying to get some postage stamps collected and sorted into stamp books. Do any of you have any cancelled or unused postage stamps from around the world that you've received on your snail mail? Would you be willing to share them with these two delightful men? They are also looking to acquire some of those stamp sleeve pages to store them in. They want to use 3 ring binders, so they need to have the holes for that idea.

Let's help these two! Thanks a million.
Christi

Hello Christi
i am new (kinda) but have a question.
would you be interested in postage stamp collectors books?
FIL had an assortment of postage stamp things, our boys are not interested. If can can use them please let me know.
Glenna
Reply With Quote Likes
Craf-T-Bear (05-10-2024)
Old 05-10-2024, 12:30 PM   #175  
Mad Swapper

Heart

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlennaTView Post
Hello Christi
i am new (kinda) but have a question.
would you be interested in postage stamp collectors books?
FIL had an assortment of postage stamp things, our boys are not interested. If can can use them please let me know.
Glenna
Hi Glenna,
The Dynamic Duo would absolutely love your postage stamp collector's books and any other postage related items you would like to send them. Thank you so very much for offering these.
Christi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2024, 12:58 PM   #176  
Mad Swapper

Heart THANK YOU's

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing and to update a few Thank you's. Hope all of you are doing well and are safe from all of the wild weather that has been happening across the US. It's rainy here in our part of New York right now and only in the low 50's. According to the extended forecast it's supposed to continue to rain through next Thursday. That's almost an entire week of grey rainy weather. Yuck!

On a more positive note, we can always be greatful for our crafts & projects, right? Speaking of being greatful, we have a few THANK YOU'S to give out:

THANK YOU to Katy B. in IN

THANK YOU to Mary W in NM

THANK YOU to Theresa T. in MI

I want to quickly mention something... We have some folks that would prefer us not to list out what they send to us. So, going forward we are not going to itemize the items that each person sends. But, we will still give a THANK YOU shout out to those of you that send things. I can't stress this enough, it doesn't matter how small or large your donations are, all of the items that each of you sent are so very helpful and deeply appreciated by our clients and myself.

Many Many Crafty Hugs & Blessings,
Christi

Updated through 5/10/2024

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2024, 05:24 PM   #177  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Box coming your way via Parcel Post from my Dad, Donald Dyson. He is sending his stamp collection especially for the Dynamic Duo. Dad gave me a tracking number, but he mistyped it. It was mailed yesterday from SC so you should see it this week or next. Hope the guys enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Craf-T-Bear (05-21-2024)
Old 05-29-2024, 08:48 PM   #178  
Kookie Creator

Received 307 Likes on 143 Posts

Three orders have been placed for you. They will arrive in five separate packages. I'm tracking them to stay updated on delivery. Blessings...
Reply With Quote Likes