Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #441  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
Thanks for the heads up Terry! I really needed this tutorial! I have tons of photo templates but couldn't use them because the instructions just said to create a clipping mask and I had NO IDEA what it was or how to do it! This makes it so simple! BTW, I got the tons of templates from scrapbooksetc.com. Go to their website and on the left is a list of links. One is "Collage Templates." Lots of other neat links and all is free! At least I've never encountered anything they charge for. It's a Better Homes and Gardens website. Check it out!
Already downloaded them a while back! Someone else somewhere recommended the site and while I knew where it was I took the time to download. It's good to have the refresher on how to use them though. I do tend to forget since there is so much to remember how to do in PSE. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #442  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Oh, Charlsanne, your book is going to be beee-u-ti-ful!!! It ALMOST makes me want to do a project 365 but not quite! First I'd already be 8 days late! Second, the thought of taking pictures EVERY day too intimidating! I did that last summer for a 92 days of summer contest and really enjoyed it, but don't think I would for 365 days!
It would be a wonderful way to keep track of your year -- where you were and what you were doing. I'm so forgetful anymore, I can't remember where I've been and when I was there LOL

Actually we do tend to travel quite a bit and it would be a great reminder. We have just won a trip to the Bahamas (March 17-21) and then won another one for a cruise leaving from Belize City (March 22-27) through our business. So we'll fly from Nassau directly to Belize City. Rough, isn't it? We've never been to Belize before so are looking forward to that.
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #443  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Oh, Charlsanne, your book is going to be beee-u-ti-ful!!! It ALMOST makes me want to do a project 365 but not quite! First I'd already be 8 days late! Second, the thought of taking pictures EVERY day too intimidating! I did that last summer for a 92 days of summer contest and really enjoyed it, but don't think I would for 365 days!
Instead of doing 365, do 52 or even 12. I think I just read on JessicaSprague that she had templates to do each on of those. Much less stress about getting one done monthly and I kind of thought the monthly one would be nice cause as I take pictures all the time, it would be nice to record for each month something that highlights that month and a 12x12 size page could handle a lot of pics if necessary.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM   #444  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
I am up to 11 of my 12 for the month, but my computer is not recognizing my camera card (???) so I can only share two.

December 17
December 18

And, a question to those of you who say you are running out of things to scrap...REALLY?? Now, I AM doing my kids' whole lives for themselves, plus theoretically a book as time goes on for my husband and I (clearly including the kids' lives) but I am so far behind I wanted to cry the other night! I realized my book is nearly 5 years behind (with possibly a dozen events scrapped in those 5 years) my son's is about 3yrs behind (maybe 25 events scrapped in that time) and my daughters is completely scattered. I have no idea how much solid time is covered. That's like, ten years to cover, if I don't move forward at all! AAAHHHH!!!!
This is why it was sooo helpful to find this thread to get me back into scrapping!!!
So. I just wondered. How did you ever get it all done?
When anyone figures this out let me know! I have inherited all my grandma's pictures and my mil's pics so I have pictures (and not just a few!) from as far back as the 1920's still not scrapped!

So, Tanya, you seem to me to be right on schedule!!! Don't let it overwhelm you. The pictures will always be there. I know it's nice to scrap them when the memory is still fresh, but don't let it take the joy out of living day to day with those little ones!

My kids pictures are all in a box and not scrapped and they both have their own kids now! Someday!!! My priority now though is the vintage pics because I'd love to get them scrapped while Grandma and MIL are still living to help with the journaling. Besides, they both live in supportive living and it brings so much joy to them that I am interested in scrapping their pics!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #445  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
I am about 40 years behind. I know that I'll never catch up, but I'm enjoying doing what I can. I seem to take "forever" to get a page done so it does take a long time for me. But I have to keep telling myself "it is the journey, not the destination"
Good reminder Deb! I too take FOREVER on a page!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #446  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianKristinView Post
Hey Girls,
Scrapped 0 pages today but removed 3/4 recylcing bag and 1/2 garbage bag of scrapjunk from my craft room!!!! Also dealt with a 4" high pile of scrap waste and packed up 20+ stamp sets for a GF to sell at a craft garage sale on my behalf! All in all I have about 3 moving boxes worth of paper and supplies removed and ready to be sold!!! I can't even tell you how freed I feel from 10 years old scrap supplies that I will never use ...not that I don't love them still, but there's other stuff I love more. It honestly feels like that corner of my house is just a little lighter tonight. I am so proud, so pleased, so surprised at myself. It makes me want to play scrapping for having lifted the weight of unused supplies from my space!!!!!

Tomorrow I work, but am hoping to scrap some in the evening.... in my newly uplifted scrap space! :-)
Way to go Kristen!!! I'm so proud of you for getting rid of all that excess weight (scrappin weight, that is!). I'm still clinging to mine, but maybe with success stories like this, I'll rethink it. Let me know if there's something that you need next week only to realize that it is among the dearly departed! I guess that's my main fear and reason for not purging!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:32 AM   #447  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm HookedView Post
It would be a wonderful way to keep track of your year -- where you were and what you were doing. I'm so forgetful anymore, I can't remember where I've been and when I was there LOL

Actually we do tend to travel quite a bit and it would be a great reminder. We have just won a trip to the Bahamas (March 17-21) and then won another one for a cruise leaving from Belize City (March 22-27) through our business. So we'll fly from Nassau directly to Belize City. Rough, isn't it? We've never been to Belize before so are looking forward to that.
Whoa Deb!!!! Won 2 trips! Do you see shades of green coming through your computer? That's me...green with envy!!! Congrats! Enjoy your trips! We tend to NEVER GO ANYWHERE! When we do though, I'm always ready to get back to my little corner of the world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #448  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just did some gallery gazing! Great pages ladies!

Lela ~ love your new pic

Tanya ~ I'm a chronological (okay yeah I can't spell or is this right? Oh good grief) scrapper. I could not scrapbook a pic I took yesterday to save my life! (well let's be real here I would but my OCD would kill me then!) Sooooo, I'm 2 year albums behind plus a beach album behind. The beach is 2007, then my 2008 album and 2009 album. I still have about 300 pics from 2009 to get developed! Yes, I know how overwhelming it is but this thread helps out greatly! These ladies are very supportive

CK ~ Congrats on purging! Don't you just love a clean and organized crafting space?!!! I did this recently and took my bags of crap....ummmm excuse me (giggle)...I mean things I no longer needed to my mom's shop and we'll be doing a scrappy yard sale later in the year. I love how my space looks now. It's so much easier to craft!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #449  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Nope, you're not blind, it was in December (HERE). Fun! Fun! I'll remind Lynley that I need her addy :mrgreen:
Thank you so much for the link, Lela! PM me when you get Lynley's address! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 01:12 PM   #450  
Die Cut Diva

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

thanks girls, I feel better now. And thanks for the suggestions!

Melina, I used to work chronological but then I couldn't do the recent things! The BOOKS are chronological tho, which is why I realized how painfully behind I am.

finally, here are the two pages I couldn't post last night. These are from October 2008. (page one was actually completed *last* January, haha, but I posted it too.)

Pumpkin Patch 1
Pumpkin Patch 2
Pumpkin Patch 3
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #451  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Awww, they really didn't bother me! I was just teasing! Hope you didn't take offense! The pictures are adorable!
No offense taken. I get that some people don't like snakes. I just wasn't expecting such a reaction...I guess I expect it more in person than in a picture, kwim?
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #452  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
No offense taken. I get that some people don't like snakes. I just wasn't expecting such a reaction...I guess I expect it more in person than in a picture, kwim?
I really don't have that reaction even in person! I have handled snakes in the pet store...long time ago! I live in the country and there are snakes around here. They don't bother me too much as long as they are not trying to crawl on me or anything! I just posted that caution in fun since I know that so many are "girly" about snakes! You post all the snake pictures you want! I promise, I'll behave myself next time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:28 PM   #453  
Stampin' Fool

Default Holy Moley!

You guys are CRUISING this month. I knew I was behind but I didn't expect there to be 16 pges of thread in only 9 days. Way to go everyone. I only got about halfway through the gallery and will leave some more love this week.
I got to go home for 5 days after Christmas and was welcomed back with a SUPER busy week at work to include having to present all the complicated patients I've had over the past 5 weeks with to the whole residency program.

So I'm just getting around to posting my goals:
1. I'm going to *hope* for 4 pages this month.... and my year goal will be 50 pages.
Some of my "10 things I will do in 2010" included organizing ALL my photos (print and digi), scrapping a "10th of the month" each month page, and getting my BMI out of "obese" range. I need to loose 22 lbs to do this. I'll still be "overweight" but figured I could make next year's goal to get down to "normal".
So there's my goals! Blessings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #454  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking Scrappin' Good Time

It was a SCRAPPY Night I tell ya, a VERY Scrappy Night! Most of the picts I scrapped today I had printed today. I was trying to see if I could get them all scrapped. Didn't quite make it...still have a couple more layouts to finish. I also can't believe I did so many "single" pages. I usually like to do layouts. Oh well, it worked.

Happy New Year! ((Thursday Challenge - Thanks Anavon!))

Toy Story (This one has been laying on my desk 1/2 done for awhile, whew)

Tell Your Story

CLV Browns!

Black Tie Event

Strike!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:33 AM   #455  
Polyshrink Goddess

I went to an all day crop yesterday and hit my January goal in one day!!! 15 pages done, so now I am re-doing the goal ( have a weekend at the end of the month) to 30! I am going to upload pics later.
http://stampwithtara.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 AM   #456  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by taratravisView Post
I went to an all day crop yesterday and hit my January goal in one day!!! 15 pages done, so now I am re-doing the goal ( have a weekend at the end of the month) to 30! I am going to upload pics later.
that's fantastic!!!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #457  
Gallery Gazer

Just taking a quick break from trying to put my house back together and clean after the decorations...they're finally down and away! DH starts a new career tomorrow...so my life has flipped upside down yet again in a week...love how he keeps me on my toes! Well time to polish the furniture...it's only in the 30s today with windchills in the 20s...so much for sunny Florida! Good news is it'll be back in the high 60s/low 70s by Thursday!

I can't wait to go through the gallery and get caught up...but doubt if I'll be able to catch up on all the chatter here :-) Catch up with you all later...hope you're day is a good one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #458  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Wow!

Quote:

GREAT Job! Isn't that awesome when you are able to have a good time scrappin' and get lots of pages done! Way to go! I'll update your goal :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:22 AM   #459  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking ** NEW ** Be sure to Check It Out

As part of your **NEW** 2010 Scrap Updates on Sundays I'll be posting a "Scrap Question of the Week". I hope you'll all stop by and play!

Scrap Question of the Week
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #460  

Quote:

It was a SCRAPPY Night I tell ya, a VERY Scrappy Night! Most of the picts I scrapped today I had printed today. I was trying to see if I could get them all scrapped. Didn't quite make it...still have a couple more layouts to finish. I also can't believe I did so many "single" pages. I usually like to do layouts. Oh well, it worked.

Happy New Year! ((Thursday Challenge - Thanks Anavon!))

Toy Story (This one has been laying on my desk 1/2 done for awhile, whew)

Tell Your Story

CLV Browns!

Black Tie Event

Strike!
Wow you were busy! Great pages.

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 10:36 AM   #461  

Quote:

Good job!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #462  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Announcing...

Drumroll please.......

We now have a thread for Scrapbook Page favorites!! This GREAT Idea came from Patti & Wendy and I think it will be LOTS of fun! Here it is:

January 2010 Scrapbook Page Favorites
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #463  

Caught up on a couple of the challenges this morning. TFL Dec. 13/10 YTD 13

DSC07199_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 at Splitcoaststampers
DSC07202_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 at Splitcoaststampers

TFL

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #464  
Stazon Splitcoast

Awwww Patti thanks for choosing one of my pages as a favorite. That makes me feel really good. LUV ya girl

Off to gallery gaze!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:34 PM   #465  

I love this picture of my DGD. I think the greens and rose color fit perfect with the B&W photo. TFL Dec. 14/10 YTD 14

DSC07197_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 01:44 PM   #466  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Hi all! Lots of action in this thread lately -- exciting!!

I haven't made a paper page in months, but was motivated to give one a try for Jenn's Made in Minutes challenge this week:

Giant Cupcake

Can't wait to see what Jenn's got in store for tomorrow!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #467  

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickadee3357View Post
I'm also using PSE and am a beginner. I have used the Photoshop website for some basics on using PSE (http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/learningcenter/).
I must say I have a hard time with the idea of spending $45 or more on a class for it. I then will feel like I'm obligated to use it more and I have so much tangible scrapping stuff that I need to use. I think I need to do more hybrid stuff and use both!
Hybrid is fun. Last year we had a hybrid challenge in the Digital Scrapbooking challenge thread. The challenge is here.

The way I do hybrids is print my page as an 8x8 and then put it on a 12x12 cardstock and add some embellies, etc.; here's an example of a hybrid page I did a while back. Here's another.

Give it a try!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #468  

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616View Post
My Start on Project 365. So I am still slow at putting these things together, even the digi way, but I think it's going to turn out so awesome. For some reason can't load to SCS, maybe too much traffic tonight, so for now on my blog.
http://stampinc.blogspot.com/2010/01...-1-7-2010.html
Cute, cute, CUTE!!! Love the page and adorable pics --that cheerleader pic is too much!! lol

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #469  

I just posted three of my favorites in the new January 2010 Scrap Favorites thread.

Check out the thread and if you have some favorite pages, why not take a minute to post them! This will be an ongoing thread (like they have for the card makers!)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:13 PM   #470  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking what?!

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Did I miss the post that you mentioned you're over goal for Jan ALREADY!!! Scrap On Sister!! :mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #471  
Watercolor Wizard

I was able to get 11 pages DONE today...what a good feeling!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 04:41 PM   #472  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysweetsixView Post

Yea Natalie!!!! Way to go girl!!!! Proud of you! Now I need to get off this computer and get to work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:42 PM   #473  
Die Cut Diva

I actually accomplished some scrapping today!!! I finished 3 12x12 pages for our family album, 2 8x8 pages for an ABC baby book I'm making for a gift and 5 4x6 mini layouts for my "project 365". I use that term loosely since I only got about 250 out of 365 pictures taken last year I will get pictures uploaded tomorrow. You can see my 4x6 layouts on my blog right now though! Oh, I'm counting these as 4 completed 4x6 layouts as one for my monthly count.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #474  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDStampGirlView Post
I actually accomplished some scrapping today!!! I finished 3 12x12 pages for our family album, 2 8x8 pages for an ABC baby book I'm making for a gift and 5 4x6 mini layouts for my "project 365". I use that term loosely since I only got about 250 out of 365 pictures taken last year I will get pictures uploaded tomorrow. You can see my 4x6 layouts on my blog right now though! Oh, I'm counting these as 4 completed 4x6 layouts as one for my monthly count.
love your 4x6 idea! that would be a cool way to leap into digital for me.

Congrats on the new little guy too ... they are both cuties :p

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #475  

Quote:

Did I miss the post that you mentioned you're over goal for Jan ALREADY!!! Scrap On Sister!! :mrgreen:
LOL I think it was the first week of the month when I received all the new baby pictures and was so inspired to scrap!!! :-D

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #476  
Rubber Obsessor

I'd like to play! But I'm wondering.... do we have to upload all our pages?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #477  

Quote:

Originally Posted by mysweetsixView Post
Great day!!!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:40 PM   #478  

Quote:

Originally Posted by NDStampGirlView Post
Wow what a busy day! Good job!

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:44 PM   #479  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LizMurderView Post
I'd like to play! But I'm wondering.... do we have to upload all our pages?
We'd Love to have you! You don't have to post your pages, it's up to you! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-10-2010, 06:47 PM   #480  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 198 Likes on 165 Posts

Hi ladies, I uploaded page #2 for the year to my gallery - it's for a Gina K Challenge
Reply With Quote Likes