Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #841  
Forum Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Happy Anniversary Deb.

I did receive a WORD but didn't get my page completed and am leaving for vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to upload until sometime in Feb. SORRY
please visit my
GALLERY
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:00 PM   #842  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking woohoo

Quote:

Originally Posted by taca410View Post
Happy Anniversary Deb.

I did receive a WORD but didn't get my page completed and am leaving for vacation tomorrow so I won't be able to upload until sometime in Feb. SORRY
Candy, if you're coming to FL ... it was gorgeous and 78 here today! I saw Mickey & Minnie at breakfast this morning :-D (Really, I did!) The hotel we had the Expo in has the "character" breakfast, LOL!

Have fun on Vacation and Happy B-lated Bday too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM   #843  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Talking One Word - Inspiration Share

Don't forget that Friday, 01/29 is our One Word Inspiration Share Day! Please upload your page any time Friday 01/29! If you happen to know, please share who your word was sent from.

*I didn't hear back from all of you on my PM so if by some chance you didn't get a "word" from your partner, please feel free to select a "word" you'd like and post :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 PM   #844  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
My DH and I are celebrating our 31st wedding anniversary today. I worked with him today (I don't usually work there, but I went in to help out a bit), we went out for a lovely dinner and I came home to a bouquet of 31 red roses. It is beautiful. Our 1st anniversary, I got 1 red rose -- our 2nd I got 2 -- he has never forgotten a year, or how many. It is so sweet.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww -- I love it!
Oh my this is sooooo sweet! You have a good one there Wendy
Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 08:06 PM   #845  
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy belated Birthday Candy!!!
How old are you now......18????? {giggle}
I hope you had an excellent day
:mrgreen:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #846  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
I so understand your not feeling as fulfilled doing quickpages; I feel that way too, but in my case, I just scrap what I choose since I'm "the grandma" and feel I have more choices as to what pics I scrap and what I don't. I'm sure you'll "mix it up" as time allows--quick vs. personally-designed digi or even paper.

The joy you'll feel looking through your albums of lovely pages with your family will be worth it--no matter what format you used--memories your family will remember for the rest of their lives. Now that's truly what counts!!
That is what I figured. So I do have a combination of paper, personally designed digi and quick pages. I hadn't done quick pages until this last week but I'm trying to get something done by the end of the month and it is too much time to do them all myself, so I'm resorting to the quick pages. I feel like they have a purpose, and I think I might continue to use them a little in the future. I think it is nice to be able to have the mixture, and I can easily send a copy of digi ones to my mom or mother-in-law which is nice too.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:42 AM   #847  
Matboard Maniac

Hello all. I've been away since the first of the month after our home was broken into and my laptop was stolen. That was the only computer we had. Thanks to a very generous friend we have one on loan for as long as we need. Since all of my photos were on my old laptop (and like a dummy I didn't any 2009 photos backed up) I haven't been in much of the scrapbooking mood. I've been mourning the loss of my 2009 photos so to speak (yes, they are all gone). I can get a few back from the ones I posted on Facebook and some friends have given me some that they have of my kiddos, but for the most part - gone. I was hoping to see what you ladies have gotten done during the month and maybe I will get inspired to sit down and knock out a few pages.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 06:18 AM   #848  
Stazon Splitcoast

Haley, So sorry to hear of your violation. It's bad enough that they broke into your home but then stole a year in pics from you as well. My heart goes out to you. Hopefully they will be able to find it and all will be still good. (Dreams are free & hope burns eternal flame) Your story has made me more determined than ever to save some things I have on my computer to a flash drive so I won't loose them. Like you only part could be replaced. Going to Walmart today to purchase the stick & taking care of it over the weekend.

Hopefully you will look at the pages from these wonderfully artsy ladies and get inspired to get back in the scrap booking saddle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #849  
Die Cut Diva

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkn'paperView Post
Hello all. I've been away since the first of the month after our home was broken into and my laptop was stolen. That was the only computer we had. Thanks to a very generous friend we have one on loan for as long as we need. Since all of my photos were on my old laptop (and like a dummy I didn't any 2009 photos backed up) I haven't been in much of the scrapbooking mood. I've been mourning the loss of my 2009 photos so to speak (yes, they are all gone). I can get a few back from the ones I posted on Facebook and some friends have given me some that they have of my kiddos, but for the most part - gone. I was hoping to see what you ladies have gotten done during the month and maybe I will get inspired to sit down and knock out a few pages.
So sorry about your break in and the loss of your photos, Haley! I know you feel you were 'robbed' of a year of your kids' lifes :( but maybe they will be found and returned. Sending very positive prayers your way!
Barb Cards made 2021 #369 2020: #324 2019: #286 2018: #169 2017: #276 2016: #389 2015: #415 2014: #342
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:19 AM   #850  
Die Cut Diva

Finished my One Word Inspiration! Love my 'word', its design, and colors. It made me leave my comfort zone and I love that too!! Thanks for hosting this, Lela!!!!
Barb Cards made 2021 #369 2020: #324 2019: #286 2018: #169 2017: #276 2016: #389 2015: #415 2014: #342
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #851  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"
Exclamation 52 Week Challenge #4 - 2010

Good Morning Everyone...

Sorry for my tardiness this morning, I went for my walk and ended up helping my neighbor who had fallen into the ditch and hurt his new hip & leg. He is fine, just put me way behind on posting today's challenge.

Anyway... we have spent a lot of time this month talking about all of our goals, our diets, our budgets and our life challenges. We are coming to the close of our first month and often times this is when we realize that we have fallen short on most of our New Goals and determinations. This is the time when I like to re-group and re-direct my focus. So for our challenge today I have entitled it just that...

"Re-Group ~ Re-Focus ~ Re-Direct"

I know that many of us have those awesome single photo that we just don't quite know what to do with them... My challenge is for everyone choose one of those photo and follow the sketch provided for today's challenge. Your Challenge is to take that photo and use it as your main focus, gathering the ideas, colors and shapes found in that photo and re-grouping and re-directing those ideas into your LO. You can find the sketch at the bottom of this post and also in the gallery.

Please remember that a sketch is only a starting place, so feel free to tweak it to work with your photo. As you can see with my LO, I flipped the sketch because I felt it worked better with my photo. I also pulled some of the colors from my photo out into my LO. The main idea here is to re-focus, re-group & re-direct... AND HAVE FUN AT THE SAME TIME! :mrgreen:

Here is my Example.... Beach Job - 2010

Here is the Sketch... 52Wk20104-sketch

You can find all submissions for this challenge here: Gallery

Please use the keywords: 52WK20104, SBC10Jan,
-------------------------------------------
Weekly Challenge Line Up:
Monday - Inspiration
Tuesday - Digital
Wednesday - Variety
Thursday/Monthly - Goals
Friday - Sketch
Attached Thumbnails
2010 January Scrap Goal - SBC10Jan-jan-sketch-2010.jpg  
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 07:37 AM   #852  
Gallery Gazer

Hello Ladies...

Briefly stopping by....no word from Lela so I guess work has kept her busy...we'll catch up another time. FYI for the one word challenge, I won't be able to do it until next week due the craziness that is my life this week :-) Off to Girl Scout Camporee this weekend and my girls will run their program to earn their Bronze...then WHEW! time to relax!

Hope your day is going well...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #853  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ok, I cant believe this but I am tearing up....the challenge for that one photo...I found a pic of my dd from summer 08 that I LOVE, it is spontaneous and just.....we're going through some non life threatening medical issues with her that cause friction between mother and daughter....I am so thrilled to take this with me for my scrappin and stampin weekend and scrap the love!!!

BTW - updating my finished to 16...still hoping to see 30 this month after the weekend!!!
http://stampwithtara.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 04:36 PM   #854  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Girls!
Been Olympic-busy in my neck-of-the-Canadian-woods but have still managed another 2 digi pages. Yay for digi... boo for forgetting what you're doing and un-doing the pages you've completed. Doh! Did that twice now. [eye roll]

Hope you are all well!!!
Kristin
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #855  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Haley - how terrible to have been robbed! I know how you must feel loosing your hd with the photo files - a reminder for us all to be better about backing up for sure. Have you ever uploaded your pics to one of the places like Flickr or Websots? They don't have to be public and the can't be stolen at least.

Question about our WORD page from a sister scrapper - tomorrow is the day, right?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #856  
Mad Swapper

I have a question. Is this a Challenge for scrapbook pages, cards, altered items and weight-loss?

oleladyHo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #857  
Hardware Hotshot

Location: between diaper blow-outs and baby dolls...the happiest place on earth! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by oleladydevineView Post
I have a question. Is this a Challenge for scrapbook pages, cards, altered items and weight-loss?
This particular thread is for scrapbooking, but you can see the weight loss/exercise here.

I'm not sure about the cards (besides Christmas cards which you can see here.)

and the altered items I know is around but I'm not sure where. I'm sure someone else can point you in the right direction for it though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 04:33 AM   #858  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is my inspiration word layout. My word came from Tanya (Daizees). Thank you!

Larry and Bob

OK. Now with this one downloaded, I'll be taking a mini break since I have to force myself to do bookwork for taxes and focus a little on family issues. I'll still go thru the gallery though and leave love as I have time. There are so many layouts for January already and I want to see every one of them! So much MORE inspiration for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 04:36 AM   #859  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by oleladydevineView Post
The main focus of this thread is Scrapbook challenges, but we talk about and share highlights from all the areas that you listed.

If you are looking for an overall chat thread that covers all of these you might want to stop by this thread....Forums at Splitcoaststampers. The ladies on this thread chat and share about all of the above.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #860  
Die Cut Diva

I wanted to upload my challenge page here and it isn't up yet. Later, I guess
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:25 AM   #861  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

My inspiration word was Journey and I received it from Val (fresshe) along with my word she also sent two wondeful tags which I was able to use on a second page and turn this into a DPS! The word and the tags are beautiful thank you so much Val!

DSC07350_by_princessp1971 by princessp1971 at Splitcoaststampers

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 06:34 AM   #862  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepylantView Post
Oh my this is sooooo sweet! You have a good one there Wendy
Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Oh -- the SWEETIE remembering the 31 years with roses was Deb's (I'm Hooked) hubby -- (I just quoted it wrong.)

:p

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #863  
Swapper of the Month September 2012

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post

GREAT Scrappin' Gals! Many of you have made your goal for this month!! That's awesome! If not, you still have a few days and even then, if you just got a few pages scrapped, that's still progress!!

I will be posting the Feb thread tonight so you can check out the upcoming "happenings" AND be thinking of your Feb Calendar so you can come up with a goal that works for you! Can you believe January is already almost behind us? Wow!

Scrap On Sisters!

Thanks for the encouragement Lela... I really want to make my goals. I think I should put my jewelry swap aside for a couple nights and scrap... I'm only 6 pages from my Jan. goal. GOTTA DO IT!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #864  
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for hosting the Word Inspiration Challenge Lela. Also thanks for tweaking the rules for me to allow me to play along with you. (with me being in Canada - you probably wouldn't receive my word for weeks due to our SLOWWWW mail service so we just exchanged words via pm)
Here is my take on the word "Cherish" -- and what better subject than a brand new grandson
Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
2011 pages Jan 5/10; Feb 4/10; Mar 16/10; Apr 31/10; May 29/10; JUN 15/10; YTD 100/120
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 07:21 AM   #865  
Die Cut Diva

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

Here is my WORD page, from Carol/grammawamma!

Happy

And, this puts me to 26 pages for the month!! My goal was 12. YEAY! Excellent start for the year.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #866  
Polyshrink Goddess

I see everyone has been busy busy busy - great job. I did complete 15 pages this month. Still have my christmas cards to do for Jan. Hoping to get those done tonight. Thinking about my Feb goal - I'm gonna try for 10 pages.

Thanks gals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 AM   #867  
Hardware Hotshot

Hello all! So sorry to have been mia for so long! Just checking in here and catching up a little and left some love in the gallery. Enjoying looking at your "one word" LO's! I never received mine, so if you sent me one, just know that it is lost in lala land somewhere! If you will tell me what the word was, I'll see what I can come up with! If not, I'll see if I have a word here and can get one posted soon!
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #868  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDeatonView Post
I see everyone has been busy busy busy - great job. I did complete 15 pages this month. Still have my christmas cards to do for Jan. Hoping to get those done tonight. Thinking about my Feb goal - I'm gonna try for 10 pages.

Thanks gals.
I still need to do my Xmas cards too, let's hope dd takes a nap today, if not let's hope for tomorrow, especially since I got so many other signed up for the challenge!!!
Feb - 5 SB pages
(6/5)
YTD SB Pages: 7
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #869  
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is my LO for the "One Word" Challenge that is due today....

"Tropical" Harmony
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #870  
Hardware Hotshot

I just posted what will PROBABLY be my last LO for the month. I have doubled my goal! This is mainly due to VSBN! Also a couple digi lo's there. I am taking some tutorials and building pages along with them. I have two in the works right now, but not quite completed. I am loving to learn this new technique! I can see that it will be so fast when I actually get the hang of it and don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to do a simple technique! Anyway, here's my latest posted LO:

Zeke's 2nd birthday
CAROL "Come and hear all who fear God and I will tell what He has done for my soul." Ps.66:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #871  
Hardware Hotshot

Great page Anavon! Charlsanne, I still need to do 2 Christmas cards, so will probably get it done. But dgs is coming out tonight so it may be at the last minute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #872  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by grammawammaView Post
I just posted what will PROBABLY be my last LO for the month. I have doubled my goal! This is mainly due to VSBN! Also a couple digi lo's there. I am taking some tutorials and building pages along with them. I have two in the works right now, but not quite completed. I am loving to learn this new technique! I can see that it will be so fast when I actually get the hang of it and don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to do a simple technique! Anyway, here's my latest posted LO:

Zeke's 2nd birthday
Great LO.... He is getting so big. Looks like he had a good time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #873  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Zeke's 2nd birthday
You are doing a wonderful job with the digital, Carol! I hope to not only get 'the hang' of it but to be able to 'hang on' to what I've learn!! Hope that makes sense ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #874  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

Here is my page with my word from Barb "barbfarmd". It was excellent, certainly a word that had not come to mind in my scraping and I am delighted with it! Thanks for this inspiration Barb.
Essential
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #875  
Pearl-ExPert

Good stuff in the gallery ladies!

I've actually finished 7 of 9 and hoping to have a little time to finish up closer to 12, but we'll see. DH went on a men's retreat so it's me and the boys and DS1 has lots of projects due next week requiring mom's "guidance..." I'm going to see what I can sneak in now for the balance of nap and then see what the weekend brings.

I haven't posted as some are gifts, but most are Dec Daily. I find taking pics and uploading sometimes takes more than finishing the page! (Digi would so make this easier ....Anyway keep it up!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #876  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbfarmdView Post
You are doing a wonderful job with the digital, Carol! I hope to not only get 'the hang' of it but to be able to 'hang on' to what I've learn!! Hope that makes sense ;)
Barb, What photo editing program are you using? If you have PSE8, I have a tutorial that I can send you. It is an excellent tutorial and come with a complete kit so you can work along.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:06 AM   #877  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnniePandaView Post
Here is my page with my word from Barb "barbfarmd". It was excellent, certainly a word that had not come to mind in my scraping and I am delighted with it! Thanks for this inspiration Barb.
Essential
Wow, Joyce Ann! To paraphrase that commercial, "You have exceeded my expectations....!". Your page is soooo creative and just plain gorgeous. (I'm sitting here with a great big smile on my face ). You rock the scrapping world!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:13 AM   #878  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Barb, What photo editing program are you using? If you have PSE8, I have a tutorial that I can send you. It is an excellent tutorial and come with a complete kit so you can work along.
That's so sweet of you, Carol! I have PSE6 or 7 but I have been working with the MDS from SU!. I need to devote some uninterrupted time to just sitting down and completing a page. I'm bad to get discouraged if it's not perfect and delete the whole thing :oops:. I may well take you up on your offer of the tutorial. Let me see how I progress with my MDS first. I have been corresponding with Wendy (digital QUEEN!) and she advises learning one program first. I'll keep you posted!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:31 AM   #879  
Die Cut Diva

Here is my page with my word, Friend, from Mary Pat (Mary_Pat419). I loved how I could use it as my title! I used a sketch from Page Maps (thanks Elizabeth G for pointing this out!) and some photos of friends from 1990. They are still good friends today and I love that our friendship is still going strong! Thanks again, Mary Pat, for the inspiration!

Friends
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #880  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by inkn'paperView Post
The same thing happened to my niece, Stacy, who live in Brooklyn. Someone broke into her apartment (turned out to be her upstairs neighbor) and took her laptop and her new digital camera. Both contained the pictures of her 1yo son since his birth and all the photos of all the little cousins together when she and her two sisters and their kiddos. The police arrested the neighbor and he is in jail now. But they have never recovered either the laptop nor the camera. To make matters worse, my niece who lives with me accidentally it the erase all button and erased the only flash card that had photos of the sisters visit. Everybody was heartbroken. Since then I have been downloading Kathleen's flash card every time I find her camera out of her purse!! I hate it that I will miss scrapbooking all those photos of all my great nieces and great nephews interacting with their newest cousin.

oleladyHo
Reply With Quote Likes