Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #201  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait for next weekend's VSBN!!! I'm out of town this weekend snapping many basketball pictures and having a lot of fun. Glad to see a few of you are busy getting some great pages done this weekend!

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 04:03 AM   #202  
Gallery Gazer

Location: Crazyville USA, but I wouldnt have it any other way !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
Two more pages for March! I did these for Patti'sThursday challenge.
Page one

page two

Sharon
These are great...tfs......:p
As for me & my house, we will serve the Lord Joshua 24:15
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #203  
Glitter Queen

I can relate to all of it, with son moving back.down sizing wow what a mess! but your pages are wonderfull!!! just keep doing what you are doing, the sun is shinning and you will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for getting anything finished for this month, can i do it sometime next mo. as I slipped and fell, and I am in a sling- r-arm of corse,for a while.
still don't know why my printer won't take my Mcard, always did before... Sun is shining going to set on porch and get some rays
Hugs

Scrappin' goal:cards 6/112 pages 2/40
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 01:12 PM   #204  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts
Red face oh no!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redblondView Post
I can relate to all of it, with son moving back.down sizing wow what a mess! but your pages are wonderfull!!! just keep doing what you are doing, the sun is shinning and you will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As for getting anything finished for this month, can i do it sometime next mo. as I slipped and fell, and I am in a sling- r-arm of corse,for a while.
still don't know why my printer won't take my Mcard, always did before... Sun is shining going to set on porch and get some rays
Hugs
Sorry to hear you fell! Take your time and get better ... we'll be here scrapping when you're healed and back to scrappin' too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #205  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 3,028 Likes on 1,532 Posts

Quote:

Hugs
Oh, my goodness, sorry about your arm! We will look to seeing something from you when you are all better!

Sharon

VSBN24 National Scrapbook Day - Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #206  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by LibbyWatermanView Post
These are great...tfs......:p
Thank you for your nice comment on my pages!
And thank you to all who left luv for my pages in the gallery.

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #207  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by smadsonView Post
I am trying to get my photos together for VSBN, and I am getting overwhelmed!
Not only do I have all my photos from 70s and 80s to do, but am really behind on current ones. Then my heritage ones from all sides of the family. And some of them are all mixed up, because I have done theme albums and gift albums, and not put the photos back where they belong, and now don't know where they belong. ( and they are from before digital and having them on the computer so I could look when they are from.)
They are all over the floor in my craft room.......SOS
:(
Sharon
I can relate to having things on my craft room floor. I spent most of the week end organizing my ribbons, and putting all my stamps back in their case and refiling them.

Now my photos I always have orgainized, that is one thing I do as soon as I get them back. The only ones on my computer are the ones I send by email, or in a finished layout. Photos NO problem, it's all the other stuff.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #208  
Glitter Guru

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I have a question about VSBN next week. I hope to play but will need to work on getting some pictures or supplies handy. I think in the past I saw a list of supplies that would be needed to play. Is there any such list for the main VSBN? I have been looking at all the threads for the mini and main event but did not notice a list yet. Did I miss something or should I just collect pictures and hope they will work in the challenges?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #209  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewflakeView Post
I have a question about VSBN next week. I hope to play but will need to work on getting some pictures or supplies handy. I think in the past I saw a list of supplies that would be needed to play. Is there any such list for the main VSBN? I have been looking at all the threads for the mini and main event but did not notice a list yet. Did I miss something or should I just collect pictures and hope they will work in the challenges?
Most (if not all) the challenge just require you use your stash. I've been so busy this month that I haven't had the time to double check to see if there is anything special you need; at first glance it looks like stash. I will be reviewing the challenges and putting together any list today. Just check post # 2 HERE this evening. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:10 AM   #210  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Hugs
Hope you heal quickly and all is well! I don't have that particular problem with my printer but have had other issues but not sure what kind of printer (hooked to a computer or a personal photo printer). If it's a personal computer, maybe you can reload the program and see if there has been any upgrades. If a photo printer, maybe get a can of air and spray the slots to make sure its not dust or something like it. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 04:14 AM   #211  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by LmnView Post
Hello from Michigan! We spent from Thur thru today up here looking for an apartment for my son for college. It's so hard to think about my baby leaving home... I know I've said that before, LOL! I got lots of picts from college visit and apartment hunting ;)

I'm really looking forward to next weekend VSBN
Wow! College already! I guess you'll be dealing with an 'empty nest' next school year. Poor momma! We have two colleges each 1.5 miles from my house so unless someone gets a scholarship...they'll be living here during college years. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 AM   #212  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Digi Class Alert!!! at Jessica Sprague

Hey all you digi scrappers and those that would like to learn on Photoshop Elements...I just received an email that Jessica Sprague is participating in a Groupon deal " Digi Deal " and boy is it ever a GREAT Deal! (At least, I think so )

If you've thought about taking classes to learn or to learn more...this sounds terrific! Check it out. The great thing about her classes is that once you pay for them, they are yours forever and you can take them at your own pace whenever you have the time.

I paid for 2 last year that I still haven't had time to sit and go through properly but I will....eventually!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #213  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeddmmView Post
Hey all you digi scrappers and those that would like to learn on Photoshop Elements...I just received an email that Jessica Sprague is participating in a Groupon deal " Digi Deal " and boy is it ever a GREAT Deal! (At least, I think so )

If you've thought about taking classes to learn or to learn more...this sounds terrific! Check it out. The great thing about her classes is that once you pay for them, they are yours forever and you can take them at your own pace whenever you have the time.

I paid for 2 last year that I still haven't had time to sit and go through properly but I will....eventually!
I bought them 'cause you said this :-) I've been wanting to but never have time...maybe during the summer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #214  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Thanks for the heads-up, Terry!!!

Click here to: Join us for the Scrapbook Challenges!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #215  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Thanks for the tip

Quote:

Hi
I am curious if these are videos or written lessons. Thanks.
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 03:23 AM   #216  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiz2003View Post
Hi
I am curious if these are videos or written lessons. Thanks.
Nancy
It's been a while since I checked on the lessons but they are a combination of both. She gives instructions before starting on how tos and then she has a video lesson you can click on and then there is a PDF that lists all the instructions as well.

I have taken 3 or 4 of her lessons and she does a wonderful job of explaining things. She also gives all the supplies needed to do each lesson so not only do you get the tutorials, you get free digi supplies to use forever! The first lesson I took enabled me to really use Photoshop Elements and I haven't looked back since

Last edited by eeddmm; 03-27-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 06:08 AM   #217  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Thanks Terry!
Nancy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #218  

Four days left in the month...and VSBN ending the month I think I can finished my goal (need 5 pages) for the month! Hope everyone has a good week.......

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #219  
Die Cut Diva

Received 157 Likes on 102 Posts

I finally got these two pages done for March and posted here. They are suuuper simple pages, but hey, I'm takin what I can get!

Imagination

Hair Cut

I also got a nice big order from Mr Brown today and a few items specifically for scrapping the photos I have printed so hopefully that will help motivate me to find time to scrapbook! I'm excited to see what VSBN has in store, tho I probably won't get to play much over the weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #220  

Quote:

Originally Posted by daizeesView Post
I finally got these two pages done for March and posted here. They are suuuper simple pages, but hey, I'm takin what I can get!

Imagination

Hair Cut

I also got a nice big order from Mr Brown today and a few items specifically for scrapping the photos I have printed so hopefully that will help motivate me to find time to scrapbook! I'm excited to see what VSBN has in store, tho I probably won't get to play much over the weekend.
Nice job Tanya! Keep working on the pages, simple is fine - they fill the albums! I have to wait until next week to order new supplies. I think I will do all paper for this VSBN so I can attack my stash a little. I say that now, but I have a lot of brand new basketball photos from this past weekend where my son's team took gold and digi may be the way to go....hmmm.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 06:51 AM   #221  
Glitter Guru

Hello! I feel like I've disappeared for a while. It has been crazy busy with the girls' dance schedules. Next week is spring break for the dance studio which means a college visiting road trip. We will be headed to Greeneville, NC to East Carolina Univ and maybe Pittsburgh, PA to Point Park Univ. Anyone live near these two colleges? Would love to hear about the colleges or areas.

I haven't gotten any scrapping done lately. Mojo has left the building here. I hope it comes back for VSBN this weekend.

I'll have the variety challenge up in just a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #222  
Gallery Gazer

Such a rarity, no running around tonight...and I have a lot of leftovers so I'm not cooking! :-) I do have to run the vacuum, then I'm plugging in my laptop and will be organizing my photos for VSBN this weekend (perk of being a coordinator & Challenge Host is you get the challenges early)...and go through the gallery. 'See' ya'll later if you're on-line :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #223  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Disney photos

So I didn't think I took "very many" photos on our recent trip to Disneyland. I was wrong. I spent two hours today organizing them into pages (I use a mix of 12x12, 6x12, 8x8, pocket pages and sort my photos by layout) in preparation to actually get to the FUN PART of scrapbooking.... and I hardly made a dent in the stack. Eek! Ah well, I know that once this part is done the rest will be way funner! :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 06:34 AM   #224  

Thursday Challenge

Patti
Fan Club Member RAK Group Member
Chemo Angel, Stampin Up Demonstrator
Scrapbook goal: April 7/10 MAY /5 YTD 32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #225  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessp1971View Post
Thursday already! Looks like a great challenge Patti! I am thinking...'

Sharon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #226  

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post
Hello! I feel like I've disappeared for a while. It has been crazy busy with the girls' dance schedules. Next week is spring break for the dance studio which means a college visiting road trip. We will be headed to Greeneville, NC to East Carolina Univ and maybe Pittsburgh, PA to Point Park Univ. Anyone live near these two colleges? Would love to hear about the colleges or areas.

I haven't gotten any scrapping done lately. Mojo has left the building here. I hope it comes back for VSBN this weekend.

Hard to mojo when your brain and time is swamped Michele! I feel your pain!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #227  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Understand

Quote:

Originally Posted by fmtinsleyView Post

Wow! More college visits ... I can feel your MOJO issue. We are in the finalize process of college living arrangements for our youngest and it sucks the creativity out of ya ... at least that's the way it feels! Good Luck on these visits! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #228  
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Ha!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianKristinView Post
So I didn't think I took "very many" photos on our recent trip to Disneyland. I was wrong. I spent two hours today organizing them into pages (I use a mix of 12x12, 6x12, 8x8, pocket pages and sort my photos by layout) in preparation to actually get to the FUN PART of scrapbooking.... and I hardly made a dent in the stack. Eek! Ah well, I know that once this part is done the rest will be way funner! :p
Oh yeah, I've done that several times ... thought I only took a few and phew ... I love Disney though! I'm sure the picts are lots of great times.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #229  
Hardware Hotshot

I went to Disney for the first time with my oldest (5) and my mom. Between the two of us, we got a ton of pics. I made her a little autograph album for the princesses because that was who we were there to see. I need to finish it, but first thing first. I need to finish my #2's first year who is turning two next week! I got one page finished for it, but haven't uploaded it. We'll see if it happens.
Kelli ~ "Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones." Proverbs 16:24
My blog ~ My Gallery 2018 Scrap Goal 8/12
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #230  
Gallery Gazer

I've been doing quite a bit of Disney pages and all of them so far have been digi. I've completed them but not printed them yet. Well, I was going thru bookmarked pages tonight and found a site with a tutorial of how to take character autographs, scan them and then save them as a PNG file and use them on scrap pages. I've got a bunch that I was not sure how to use unless I added them after printing the digi pages (which would not have looked real nice) but now I'm thinking of adding them to the digi pages before printing...cool find! Hopefully I'll be able to get more Disney pages done with VSBN this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #231  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

I've a site with a tutorial of how to take character autographs, scan them and then save them as a PNG file and use them on scrap pages. I've got a bunch that I was not sure how to use unless I added them after printing the digi pages (which would not have looked real nice) but now I'm thinking of adding them to the digi pages before printing...cool find!.
Well THAT'S a pretty awesome trick! Care to share the link? Pretty please?!?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #232  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Photos IN and ready to scrap!

So I didn't get pages done... but over 400 photos are into pockets and sorted and ready for the creative and fun part of scrapbooking. That's totally gotta count for something, right?! Tomorrow night this Momma is staying in to get the layouts prettified!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:28 AM   #233  
Gallery Gazer

VSBN begins tonight at 6PM EST
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:03 AM   #234  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts

Our family is leaving on a week-long trip tomorrow morning at 6:30am, so I'm hoping to finish packing this morning so I can do some scrapbooking this afternoon. We're visiting my parents, so it should be a nice quiet week, perfect for scrapbooking, but for some reason my husband doesn't want to pay $25 each way for me to bring a suitcase with all my scrapbooking supplies! How mean is that?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #235  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Our family is leaving on a week-long trip tomorrow morning at 6:30am, so I'm hoping to finish packing this morning so I can do some scrapbooking this afternoon. We're visiting my parents, so it should be a nice quiet week, perfect for scrapbooking, but for some reason my husband doesn't want to pay $25 each way for me to bring a suitcase with all my scrapbooking supplies! How mean is that?
Send it UPS! :-) It may be cheaper than flying it, LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #236  

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotherloadView Post
Might want to think about using this time to try out the MDS, I love working with it and they have extended the free 30 day trial version!. Then you only need to bring your laptop

Have a great trip!
~M
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #237  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary_Pat419View Post
Hope you heal quickly and all is well! I don't have that particular problem with my printer but have had other issues but not sure what kind of printer (hooked to a computer or a personal photo printer). If it's a personal computer, maybe you can reload the program and see if there has been any upgrades. If a photo printer, maybe get a can of air and spray the slots to make sure its not dust or something like it. Good luck!
thanks I hope i heal quickly too. My printer is Epson Stylus CX 7800.hooked to my computer but also workes on its own.It's about 6\7 yrs old. it never has given me problums before. Maybe it got dust in the card slot, didn't help after i cleaned it, when My arm gets better I'll try running it thro the jack, that should work but a lot more work. I will try a can of air, thanks

Scrappin' goal:cards 6/112 pages 2/40
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #238  
Pearl-ExPert

Another page done this morning. Hoping to set up another one in prep for VSBN..

I need 6 more by the end of the day tomorrow! Hoping to set aside some time sans kiddos to do that!

Jan 0/8
YTD: 4 pp every 2 weeks; 0/104
2013/30?pp 2012/50 pp 2011/54pp; 2010/96pp ; 2009/122pp
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #239  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

wrong thread! Sorry

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #240  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: "In a state of somewhere.... Somewhere between Motherhood and Grandma should!"

Stopped by to say hi! Completed both of the VSBN challenges tonight. Will upload tomorrow... I have missed hanging out with you all!
OLW: Joy
Reply With Quote Likes